• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phase 8 - May 1st - Dallas TX - Brawl 1st = Dojo, 2nd = Dphat, 3rd = D4bag

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Tournament Thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=271364

Brawl Doubles (13) - (View Bracket)
1: UTDZac & Dojo ($78.00)
2: Dphat & D4bag ($39.00)
3: FK & Fogo ($13.00)
4: Ice & Melee1
5: Bwett & Shuzaku
5: Foursaken & Van Jones
7: ALSM & Denti
7: Brett & Take
9: Sass & Metal
9: Chic & Chrispriter
9: Marcus & KKid
9: RSN & Vaddix
13: Matt & Shoestring016
Brawl Singles (31) - (View Bracket)
1: Dojo - :metaknight: ($186.00)
2: Dphat - :metaknight: ($93.00)
3: D4bag - :metaknight: ($31.00)
4: Melee1 - :metaknight: :popo:
5: Van Jones - :metaknight: :snake:
5: UTDZac - :metaknight: :gw: :random:
7: Denti - :olimar:
7: FK - :zerosuitsamus:
9: ALSM - :link2:
9: Foursaken - :metaknight:
9: Echo - :olimar:
9: Take - :marth:
13: Shuzaku - :wolf:
13: The Brettster - :ike:
13: Mumble - :marth:
13: RSN - :toonlink:
17: Chic
17: Kovu
17: Slaps
17: Chrispriter
17: Khaoz
17: Fogo
17: Bwett
17: Sass
25: The E-L-I
25: False
25: Metal
25: ZtA
25: Cheedoh
25: Sandman
25: Moonlight Grace​

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
LOL dallas is the land of MK's.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
there is something oddly strange about those top 6 players... hmmm can't quite figure out what it is... XD.. I guess good tourney? Felt more like a giant smashfest+friendlies... Lol at most hyped match being me vs alsm XD

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
We all know MK is the best character.. but to further emphasizing this by allowing MK to go to a map that would normally be a "CP" as a starter and to allow ridiculous stages does prove my point that MLG rules do favor the use of MK. Heck during the strike system I believe I struck FD BF SV and PS1 in every set I played.

OverLade

Smash Hero
LOL@results. I pray for the day we can all just embrace using MK instead of talking about banning him. Looks like that day is approaching.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Dang, Zac actually entered singles instead of playing Pokemon.

etecoon

Smash Hero
Like they care about character equality, lol. I was seriously told that the EC stage list rules is the reason I place high.
that's like saying "you only do well because your region isn't ****ing ********"

Denti

Smash Master
Zac I'm being dead serious when i ask you this. ban MK plz, i havent even read ANY of what other people posted other than ADHD's MK spam.

my bracket looked like this

kirby, D3, MK, MK, MK. and if i beat that last MK i would have to of fought bear a MK main, then ruin another MK main, then Dphat another MK main, then Dojo another MK main.

seriously guys... this is just a local tournament..

edit:
We all know MK is the best character.. but to further emphasizing this by allowing MK to go to a map that would normally be a "CP" as a starter and to allow ridiculous stages does prove my point that MLG rules do favor the use of MK. Heck during the strike system I believe I struck FD BF SV and PS1 in every set I played.
MK is the most difficult character to fight. he CPs EVERY character but MK. All other stages can do is help compliment other characters, not defeat your character. your character has the answer to any and every stage. It's not like MK can't grab the ledge when he is in trouble, spam down smash when in close combat where mind games count, or use tornado when falling victim to other character's combos. that's all you need..

edit 2: LITERALLY COUNTER PICKS EVERY CHARACTER

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
I think its just the best players in Dallas happen to main MK. Dojo/van go to every phase so they count as well. The fact that so many players in Dallas use MK is what you guys should be *****ing about, not these results. It's not like a bunch of scrubs just picked up MK and started beating top players at this tourney....they were already the top players.
This stuff obviously doesn't happen anywhere else in TX cause all the MK mains are pretty much in Dallas and when they travel to Houston/etc. they don't dominate results like they do here.

Denti

Smash Master
I would agree with you Ozz, but look at the tier list.

every character that stands 45-55 with MK is up there and that's probably the only reason they are up there honestly. can you imagine how drastically the metagame would change if it wasn't for MK?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I think its just the best players in Dallas happen to main MK. Dojo/van go to every phase so they count as well. The fact that so many players in Dallas use MK is what you guys should be *****ing about, not these results. It's not like a bunch of scrubs just picked up MK and started beating top players at this tourney....they were already the top players.
This stuff obviously doesn't happen anywhere else in TX cause all the MK mains are pretty much in Dallas and when they travel to Houston/etc. they don't dominate results like they do here.
Pretty much this. Those results were completely expected, I don't know why anyone would be surprised. The best players won.

I would agree with you Ozz, but look at the tier list.

every character that stands 45-55 with MK is up there, and that's probably the only reason they are up there honestly. can you imagine how drastically the metagame would change if it wasn't for MK?
Yeah, we could. Everyone would play diddy lmao. Metagame will change if any top tier characters are removed.

Gnes

Smash Master
Pretty much this. Those results were completely expected, I don't know why anyone would be surprised. The best players won.

Yeah, we could. Everyone would play diddy lmao. Metagame will change if any top tier characters are removed.
diddy likes a metagame dominated by mk in a sense...keeps most of the average/upper level snakes out of the way...kills D3, luigi, peach, marth, among others who are potentially really dangerous for him.

Mumble

Smash Apprentice
This is doj.

The top 4 players who are actually ranked other than Fogo who's transitioning to snake main mk. And zacs just gay. :p

What'd you guys expect? No razer and gnes who are the only 2 in the state who put work in to beat the others didn't show.

Top Bottom