• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phase 8 - May 1st - Dallas TX - Brawl 1st = Dojo, 2nd = Dphat, 3rd = D4bag

Rsn6475

Smash Rookie
Zac, I played TL if you want to include that.

ALSM, I would love to MM you at a phase. I can tell you've improved a lot.

Lastly, even though MK definitely counterpicks the rest of the cast, I strongly disagree that he should be banned. Like a few of you have said, the people who took the time and have the experience to beat the top texas players, who happen to play MK, did not show. Xyro, MK is a real character. Many people just need to get over it and put in the effort to learn the matchup. I do like the rules that you use to make winning more difficult for him, though.

If MK is removed, a lot of creativity is lost in improving your skills. Whether you play as him or play against him. This is true at least.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
cant wait to move here and be with all the meta*****s ;)

Allbrex

Smash Apprentice
I'll help you any way i can. btw you should attend Fort worth smashfest, we'd love to see you there.
Denti, let me know when you guys get one together man, I'm in Euless and I'd love to go and get some good practice. Btw, last month I ran into Dojo's MK first round and he just pummeled me, lol. It actually inspired me though and afterwards I talked to him for a bit (cool guy btw Dojo, hats off to you man) and he gave me some good advice. I switched mains afterwards, but anyway the point is Dojo puts a LOT of dedication into becoming better, that's why he is where he is. Do the same man and you'll get it down.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
I know your joking
He'd best be, i'm pretty sure bear and zac where to lazy to go through those hours of upload/downloading them so they waited till they met up at this phase to just pass them along.

edit: duffman actually has the whobo thread on his bookmark tabs and does check it every day when he wakes up.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
The future is Dallas and MK...FACE IT.

Perhaps they will delay the WHobo vids an additional month every time someone complains, and since people have complained a large number of times...I guess the vids won't be out until...oh, 2015?

*_Echo_*

Smash Journeyman
I'll help you any way i can. btw you should attend Fort worth smashfest, we'd love to see you there.
i will when i get a licence to drive ^^; awesin is my only ride pretty much so thats why u only see me at phase and stuff ^^;

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I'm going to main MK just so people complain lol. Then MM them with IC's.

kekeke

ruin`

Smash Journeyman
flarble garble garble.
Denti, I don't know about some of the other dallas players. However, I have some haaard reads on u bro. Your game is so easy to see through, doesn't require effort to beat. U wanna put urself in a bad position all the time (the ledge as olimar) after ur pikmin throwing fails and ur shield to d.smash to f.smash fails. Then be my guest.'

I recall jamming to the rediculous tune on that wii, during our set, while autopiloting ur *** into losers. Try mixing it up bro, throw a purple pikmin and follow it up with a grab or cross up. U know im either gonna eat the hit and DI somewhere...or im going to shield it. Create opportunities for u to read my defensive options into some dmging comboes. If u know i'm at death %, save ur blues...wait to punish my approach and grab+f./b. throw me. Or! Hold a purple and run up and spot dodge at me. I'll either shield, spot dodge, full hop d.air away, n.air away, shuttle loop...etc! Put me in a position where I gota commit to something and punish it. If I spot dodge, i eat an u.smash. If I shield...free grab to u.throw. etc etc...i dont play ****ing olimar.
Keep this pattern up of (practicing) and u'll never learn how to play a fighting game. U think the great players think of these omg if I just do this over and over again...i'll win the game! No! They get in their opponents head and put them in situations where they KNOW what they are going to do. Dont know? Don't care? Give up!

U think beating fogo in a horrible matchup is compareable to the beatdown u get from other players? Not only is it harder for fogo to put u in that bad position (without taking additional damage); but the MK players u lose to create the same bad positions with much easier options. SUPRISE! Bad matchup incoming. On top of that, those players are also better than u. so they will read u with ease...u are not a mystery to them. ur playstyle is easy to see through. gn

Ladybug

Smash Lord
I like how everyone who didn't come to maybe change the result list is complaining about not wanting to come now. Either show up and change the results or quit your *****ing. I run the tournaments how I want because I'm the one that gets the venue. If you don't want to come then don't come. But stay out of my results thread complaining about MK. And if enough people don't want to come then **** y'all, I won't set up another one.

These are the characters people play. Suck it up. If you want the results to change then come and do something about it.

I'm not afraid to have someone lock this if you can't get off your MK ban high horses. These are out results this time because no one who could beat any of these people with a different character was willing to show up. Show up next time if you want a different result. ****.

I hope that at least someone had fun. I did. It took my mind off what happened this week. It was nice seeing y'all again since I really didn't get a chance to last Phase. And I hope to have Melee back next time if people decide they actually want to come. Maybe I should make a poll... If people aren't interested then why waste the time to get everything organised?

Top Bottom