• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Modesto CA SSBM Tournament #6 - 8/28/11

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Modesto Tournament 6

* Krier's Cards and Comics *
3900 Pelandale Avenue
Modesto, CA 95356-9103

* Click here for directions *

Looks like it's gonna be at Choknater's house this time. If you want the address/directions, PM me or call me (my number's down below)

Date and Time

Sunday, August 28th
12:00pm - 11:00pm​

Schedule of Events

12:00 P.M. – Friendlies start / Doubles sign ups

1:00 P.M. – Melee Doubles

3:00 P.M. - Melee Singles sign ups / singles bracket starting soon afterwards

If Melee Singles ends early enough, we will also have either Crews or a low tier tournament or something. There is no set time for the second event to begin, and it will only happen if time permits.

Make note of the fact that there may not be a designated lunch break for the event. Eat before it starts or wait until it’s done. If you want to leave for food or some other random reason during the event, let me (gkinfinity) know. We may be limited for time at this event and I will DQ people if they hold up the bracket. If you are not in the venue when I call your match you will have 5 minutes to get back before you are DQed and forfeit the match to your opponent. If you let me know that you will be out of the venue for a while I will delay your match as much as possible but will still call it if it would otherwise hold up the tourney.

Entry Fees

Melee Singles - $5

Melee Doubles - $2 per team ($1 each) (Will only happen if there’s time, entry fee may change)

Melee Crews – Free (but only if there’s time)

Venue Fee - There isn't one. :)

PLEASE BRING SETUPS!!! We almost ran out of time during the 2nd Modesto tourney because we didn't have enough cubes/wiis. If you have a cube or wii with a copy of melee, bring it if at all possible. Setups are greatly appreciated :D

Payout

For Melee Singles:
1st – 60%
2nd – 30%
3rd – 10%

For Melee Doubles:
1st – 70%
2nd – 30%​

Ruleset

- 4 Stock
- Time set to 8 minutes
-Winners, Losers, and Grand Finals will be 3 out of 5. Everything else will be 2 out of 3.
-We will be using SWISS FORMAT for this tournament. Top 8 will make it into a double elimination bracket
-Items off
-Use Strikeouts for the first game of the set unless both players are fine using the Random Stage Selector (with one random reset).
-Stage bans are made after the first game
-In the event of a tie, the player with the most stocks and lowest percent will advance. If both players are exactly the same in terms of stock and percent when the game ends, another 1 stock game will be played on the same stage to determine the winner.
-After a game ends, the loser picks the stage they wish to play on next. The winner of the previous game then chooses their character, and the loser chooses their character afterwards.
-Dave’s Stupid Rule (DSR) is in effect. You can’t counter pick a stage you’ve already won on in the same set, unless both players agree to play on the stage.
-Double Blind character picks can be done if one of the players insists on it
-Glitches (such as the freeze glitch) and stalling tactics (peach wallbomber) are banned.
-Wobbling is not banned at this tournament.
-If Doubles ends up happening, team attack will obviously be on and life stealing will be allowed

Stage List

Neutral Stages-
-Final Destination
-Battlefield
-Yoshi’s Story
-Dreamland
-Fountain of Dreams (singles only)
-Pokemon Stadium (doubles only)

Counterpick Stages-
-Final Destination
-Battlefield
-Yoshi’s Story
-Dreamland
-Pokemon Stadium
-Fountain of Dreams (singles only)​

Setups

As always, you guys need to bring setups for this tournament to be successful. Let me know if you’re coming and you’re bringing a setup. Currently we have:

TVs:
GKInfinity – 5
69% - 1?
-

Wiis and Gamecubes w/ copy of melee:

GKinfinity – 3
Sage - 1
Suuwo - 1?
69% - 1?

Recording setups:
Gkinfinity - 1
-
-

Food

There is a McDonalds pretty close by Chok's house. There are lots of other food options between his house and the freeway, and I'll let you guys know how to get to each of any them if you decide to go there during the tournament. The list of places to eat at include Taco Bell, In N Out, Carl's Junior, Panda Express, Costco (yayhuz), some random chinese place, some random pizza place, subway, a bunch of expensive restaurants that you can't afford, an ice cream shop or 2, and a Qdoba. There's probably other places I couldn't think of, but the bottom line is that there's a ton of options.

Other Stuff

*These rules may be changed or updated at any time

*If you’re gonna be late but want to enter, or just need to contact me (Nick, AKA gkinfinity), you can reach me at (209) 275-5974

*Click HERE to go to my youtube channel

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~ Results ~

~Swiss~ (The number by each name indicates the number of wins that player had)

4 Project $tylez
3 Yih
3 Bizzarro Flame
3 Maru
3 GB
3 Gkinfinity
2 GKL
2 Mr. Yahh
2 69%
2 Kirbyraeg
2 Red Kangaroo Tail
2 STK
2 Hot Coffee
1 Super Skeet Bro
1 Suuwo
1 Lvl 9 Ganon
0 Mr. Take it Easy
0 L33t

~Bracket~

Bracket Image

1: GunBoundMaztah (Falco) ($51)
2: Bizzarro Flame (Ganon) ($25)
3: Project $tylez (Young link) ($8)
4: GKL (ICs)
5: Maru (Peach)
5: Gkinfinity (Zelda)
7: 69% (Link)
7: Yih (Fox/Marth)

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
nick, i can bring a cube too.

you should include in dave's stupid rule that if both players agree to go back to a stage, you can.
sounds dumb but i've asked people if they wanted to go back and they said it's against the rules instead of yes or no. lol

did we really need another thread?

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Another thread wasn't really necessary I guess, but it'll be noticed a little more often if there's a thread about it that's actually in the smash tournaments listings.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
that's cool... but the other one's in the pacwest section... those get a lot of action, bro.
this thread will just be us talking about the other thread. hehe

so i guess i'm gonna win this tournament. is that cool with everyone?

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Agreed that the other one will get noticed more, just saying that 2 threads are better than 1. You ain't winning **** tho son. I've got this.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
you know jr's gonna beat me but who else can actually beat me?

even andre knows i won't lose to modesto so he's putting his tail
between his legs like he always does.
THIS IS SPARTA

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
You and your mind gamz

And idk how many other people actually plan to attend this, but right now we pretty much have a full setup for every person's who's confirmed that they're going. Yayhuz

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
cool. we can have an adventure mode tourney. everyone start at the same time.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
-_- ugh...

you better go fox or marth against me or i'll have sex with everyone in your family.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Andre, if you don't show up voluntarily I'mma shoot yo *** dead and drag your lifeless body to the venue anyway

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
modesto to frisco is about 1 1/4 to one and a half hours, depending on traffic and drive speed

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Tournament was fun, thanks to everyone who attended. The first post has been updated with results. Videos are coming soon.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
bummer that Park didnt make it to grand finals

SHOULDA WHIPPED OUT THAT GDLK YOSHI

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
He went yoshi against DP in the bracket actually. The games were pretty close too.

Edit: Videos are up!

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Thread updated, new tournament date set. Let me know again if you're gonna be able to make it and if you can bring a setup. Also note that I'm requiring a venue fee from everyone who shows up and plays, even if it's only friendlies. Venue fee has dropped from $2 to $1 though

Edit: We're also messing with the stagelist a bit. Feel free to throw out suggestions.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i'll bring my cube again.

i think the stage list you have on there now is seriously lacking corneria.
(even though i don't think people care about what the thread says, they just play whatever...)

i say either

1. add corneria.

2. add corneria and mute city.

3. add corneria and take out rainbow cruise.

4. only neutrals.

for the record, i don't even play on corneria. so it's not for my own benefit.
i just like corneria and mute city a lot more than i like brinstar or kongo (or fod).

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
lol ***. you were cp'ing corneria and that actually was banned.

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
ahh whatever, dp banned FD in the final 2 sets but we still played them anyways and it went there random in the last set too LOL
yeah but that was after you stopped going marth and had already half given up. that **** was pretty whack though going to kongo when it was banned, its not like it was chosen on random and no one remembered.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
kongo, corneria, FD... it was played out very poorly. next time, you'll both be DQ'd and grand finals will be me and xilopryce.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
I finally got around to posting crew battles lol. They're up now

And I'll make sure the stage list is enforced a little better next time. I guess I should've been watching grand finals while they were happening instead of playing friendlies with John haha

Top Bottom