• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Modesto CA SSBM Tournament #6 - 8/28/11

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
For now, lol. Idk, i'll probably keep it permanently just because I know no one will actually want to follow it in tournament. But it's not a big deal to me either, I like the current stagelist too. Switchin it up would be interesting, but it's annoying for everyone since they have to learn what the new stagelist consists of.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
yeah. i've basically accepted the list completely.

i was just curious.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Hoping for at least a 20 man bracket this time around. I've been doing some advertising, plus I think that even without that we're gonna have a larger turn out than the past 2 tournaments. Bring cubes/wiis though guys! We're probably gonna need 5 full setups to get everything done on time

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
we'll prolly have enough people for a legit teams tourney instead of like 4 teams and winner take all

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
It was 7 teams last time, but no one expressed any desire to enter if the cost was $10 a team like normal. We could have a normal payout for the top 3 teams but it wouldn't be almost anything unless there was a standard entry fee and a decent number of teams entering. We'll figure it out then though when we know how many people are interested in it.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i like that it's not a lot of money to enter.
more people will prolly be down to enter, like you said.

and as a wise man once said, "mo money, mo prollemz"

edit: if i sell my family guy dvds, i'll be accepting money matches.

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
a wise man once said

"its very nice to meet girl in park, but much better to park meat in girl."

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
^ And it's even better if you can do both

Yeah tho, the low entry fee is good but there simply won't be enough money in the pot to make a payout for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd worth it. Last time andre and garlen only got $7 a piece for winning teams and it was winner take all. Maybe 1st and 2nd though... 70/30? Idk, what do you guys think?

Facepalm

Smash Cadet
70/30 sounds good since it would give a meaning to winning second. I mean even if you rank like second place in doubles you get no reward other than semi bragging rights. ALSOOOOOO mini-hype http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXP6J_4F2gw :p derp Maru not going though im not sure about the others

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
if it's only 2 bucks or whatever, winner take all.
i was saying at first that we should do higher entry fee with a top 3 payout system, but i take all that back. haha

Facepalm

Smash Cadet
So apparently we have a lot of people from merced whose coming to the tourney... we just need rides now :p

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
^^^^ lemme guess... you play DK.

i played anthony with DK for 42 minutes yesterday.
NEVER AGAIN

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Aite good tourney guys. I'm not posting much tonight but I'll get stuff up tmw.

Basic results--

1. Bizzarro Flame (ganon) $48
2. Mexican (DK) $24
3. Dooky (ganon) $7
4. Sage (marth)
5. 69% ?
5. Maru ?

Idk, I think that's right.

Oh, and Merced won the crew battle. **** lol

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i got last or close to it.

i don't know why.

i like improving but i hate tournament play.
i just watch myself lose.

i don't understand how i can miss an Lcancel or a wavedash out of shine/shield after literally spending hours and hours this past month practicing just those things (and getting them down with ease).

my peach is rusty garbage.
my fox is great in certain match ups.
my tourney play is just awful.

i still wanted to mm andre's falco with my fox.
we did some friendlies in that match up and i think we went back and forth (with him looking a little better). i know andre's better overall, but i think i can beat him in that match up. doesn't matter what i THINK when i don't DO anything.

when i say i'm better than someone or talk about how good i am, i never consider my lack of consistency. i'm always like "on a good day, i could beat blah blah blah"

your skill doesn't reflect how good you are on your "good days", it's how good you are everyday.

it's weird. i lose to everyone and their mom in tournament, yet i'm still confident that i don't suck. haha i don't get any of this. please fill me in if you know. i'm utterly clueless.

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
i think you just gotta remember that you're having fun while you're playing in tournament sets. it's not a bad thing to have a good laugh with your opponent even if it is grand finals. well, this is the merced philosophy anyways.

usually, everytime something goes wrong such as getting gimped at low percentages, I just laugh it off and try even harder to bring it back.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
well i wasn't even mad as i lost.
lol i expected to win, but i wasn't shocked i lost.

i had fun while playing, but in retrospect, i'm a failure. LOL sorry we didn't play more, broski.

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
it's alright man, if only if modesto & merced were the same cities then central cal would definitely improve enough to be a threat to california. i'm sure that you'll find a breaking point soon in your skills and mindgames when you completely understand the game by playing it for a while.

anyways, everything about this tourney was fun in it's own way.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
lol ****. you guys make it seem like i'm about to kill myself.

let's just hope i can make it through the day... haha idk

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
lol i got ****ed up pretty bad too. I didn't play much at all the entire day (until later on at keith's house haha). The after tournament friendlies were pretty fun tho kenny. Falco's still an unfamiliar matchup but i picked up a few things playing against you. Good stuff

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
falco felt really good against your puff.
i was so dead tired and felt way more in control with falco than fox for some reason.
i like that match up but i could tell you weren't comfortable with it.

falco's lasers are better against puff than i thought.
i feel like he can bait you really well because you're like "he stopped lasering? ATTACK!!!!"

edit: so much for jungle love 3. doesn't look like it's happening.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Probably by next weekend i'll get a hype video up for the next modesto tournament using the best clips from the previous tournies. Next tournament is august 22nd btw. I've also decided that we're only gonna have 2 more than i'm gonna stop hosting them. Modesto smash will be dead by then, and i plan on quitting as well. I'll still be down for friendlies on rare occasions and any big tournaments if they're close, and i'll still watch occasional vids and livestreams for large tournaments, but that's about it. I'm gonna keep posting on here regardless though. Gotta keep in touch lol

Facepalm

Smash Cadet
what is this quitting you speak of? Merced and Modesto will combine and host the tournaments and become all powerful

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
man. if i had a car, i would've prolly smashed with merced more than i did with modesto.

they seem more active than us by more than a little bit.
merced is so close, it's a shame we didn't play more.

YOU GUYS NEED MORE SPACE ANIMALS

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
First post was finally updated. Gonna upload stuff all day tmw. Tourney on the 22nd, hope to see everyone there.

Top Bottom