• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NSW Power Rankings

S.D

Smash Master
It seems everyone has a PR except NSW Melee... not anymore! S.D, Comboturtle and unreon present:

NSW POWER RANKINGS 1.0

1. S.D
2. Comboturtle
3. Kulla
4. unreon
5. zxv
6. Jaz
7. Tedeth
8. Shaya
9. Gords
10. Bjay

In light of the current state of NSW melee this PR will hopefully invigorate old and new players alike to strive for a new level.

Notes: Players who would have walked into the list on a skill basis were omitted due to a severe lack of attendance in recent times. Consistent attendance has been rewarded in this instance.

Might do up a graphic for this at some point.

S.D

Smash Master
Reserved. Note v.1.0 5-7 were extremely close, those positions will be monitored closely over the next few tournaments. Berimbau and Jellyhead omitted due to lack of attendance.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
talk to shaya about combining the topics imo, get a sick picture like the brawl guys do too, otherwise good work (8

S.D

Smash Master
talk to shaya about combining the topics imo, get a sick picture like the brawl guys do too, otherwise good work (8
Yeah I want a pretty picture too :) Might be good to merge the threads for centrality and easy reference, on the other hand more specificity in discussion can be achieved through separate threads. Hmmm

Nova

Banned via Warnings
zxv will only get bettah.
Unlike me, who only gets worse.

Also what's the chance od Cao/OoSers being ranked on this? I'm slowly getting better at Melee, and attend most of the Boosts. :(

Edit: And I'm only asking because Shaya said a while back if I consistently placed well in Boost I could make the Brawl PR (lol I fail at placings).
Plus SA doesn't have a scene.
And I consider myself NSW. :/

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
zxv will only get bettah.
Unlike me, who only gets worse.

Also what's the chance od Cao/OoSers being ranked on this? I'm slowly getting better at Melee, and attend most of the Boosts. :(

Edit: And I'm only asking because Shaya said a while back if I consistently placed well in Boost I could make the Brawl PR (lol I fail at placings).
Plus SA doesn't have a scene.
And I consider myself NSW. :/
id say mostly depends on just how often they come

caos the only one that might ever get ranked, and i doubt it due to the fact that it was hard enough to get him on his own states pr lol

otherwise S.D, id say keep it in 1 topic due to just the relative ease of it, the other 2 states either dont have a melee pr, any pr, or have both in one topic

not saying you need to conform, just saying its caused no issues for anyone so far, and scenes being interlinked is always nice

S.D

Smash Master
Well reasoned my friend, I'll ask Shaya, but I would only want to combine them for the sake of preventing clutter, individual discussions seems more appropriate.

Cao would be first in our PR, he attends almost every month and has never placed lower than 1st, but given recent events I'll put that on hold for now. For now it's just NSW people, but yes Nova you are eligible too.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Neat a NSW Melee PR the list looks pretty good. I now have a goal of getting on that list, makes me want to get better at Melee. I just need some hardcore training up to do and own the game :lol:

Keep this thread seperate from the Brawl PR imo, it would just get too clustered.

Anyways, let's all remember that I took a set of turtle in pool matches at Thriller...

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Well if it's one topic; as long as releases of the list is scheduled at different times, there shouldn't be a "cluster ****".

I've been meaning/thinking of the purpose of a central NSW Thread for things like this.

I'm surprised I made it in.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I like SD Unny and Turt as panelists. And I'm a lot closer to the scene in Sydney than I am in Melbourne and the players there bring out the better in me.

(Teach me Focks please)

S.D

Smash Master
I like SD Unny and Turt as panelists. And I'm a lot closer to the scene in Sydney than I am in Melbourne and the players there bring out the better in me.

(Teach me Focks please)
Do you want to be on the list Cao? You're certainly eligible I just wasn't sure if you were interested?

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
Silfa is better than gords imo. I've beaten gords in a tournament set before and the times he beat me went to last game last stock. Silfa easy 3 stocked me using the same character that gords did.

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
Silfa is better than gords imo. I've beaten gords in a tournament set before and the times he beat me went to last game last stock. Silfa easy 3 stocked me using the same character that gords did.

idk silfa hasnt placed anywhere? i dont even really know who he is? the dk guy?

S.D

Smash Master
Nah Gords > Silfa atm.

Gords does better against a greater variety of people, consistently places well above Silfa and to me is the better Sheik in general.

Although Silfa is improving I'll give you that.

Zero

Smash Hero
If you guys want a picture I'll be happy to make it for you. Just message me with a theme and/or ideas and I'll see what I can do.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
silfa is pretty good for a guy who never plays, I mean cmon, he can defeat my amazing triple misfire combo.

also since this is up I suppose act will have to take all the spots on this pr as well, lets get to it boys

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
um yeah probably check the boost thread or someone else who can be bothered to go look will tell you. You play melee?

Gords

Smash Champion
wow thanks for the spot, but i feel i am only there since Pat and jelly are not there. Is Daz and Tim not on the list for similar reasons or are they not there cause you thought they were not in the top 10.

Also i am surprised you placed Bjay so low, i expected him higher, at least 8.

but now since a melee PR is up and running i better start getting good again to hold that position. and move up the ranks as well. Great timing as my motivation to start working on my melee game has been high lately and this is just encourageing me to improve even more.

and ZXV is boss, wont be long till he hits number 3 imo

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
lol good again, implying you were that good before. :p

nah you can do it gords you just need to rage at yourself less. :)

Top Bottom