• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lake Erie Summer Slam - Cleveland, OH, 6/26/10 - Brawl+SSFIV+T6+HDR+MvC2

King~

Smash Champion
Why: The release of Super SFIV gives us the perfect time to host Cleveland's first event-oriented tournament in five long years. We hope to see all the familiar traveling faces, plus give many Cleveland players their first chance to experience the drama and saltiness of tournament play.

We're bringing back the arcade glory days as well with arcade-cabinet events, all in a unique, class, spacious venue, and run by a Cleveland staff with years of experience as both players and major-tournament organizers. Special events are in store as well -- more on this later.

Where: Fox & Hound Sports Restaurant (8735 Day Drive - Parma, OH 44129, 440-842-8840).

Directions- http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=&daddr=8735+Day+Drive+-+Parma,+OH+44129&hl=en&geocode=&mra=ls&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=66.70144,84.111328&ie=UTF8&z=17

Venue pics- http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v650/GhaleonUnlimited/Lake Erie Summer Slam/

we have the entire south and west areas reserved. We have access to a large projection screen in our area to show Capcom and Season's Beatings entertainment all day and night.

What:
If you pre-pay by Sunday, June 20, 11:59 p.m.
A: Your venue is $8.
B: Your trip to the appetizer table is GUARANTEED no matter when you get to the tournament.

Also please don't get confused -- this is not all-you-can-eat. We are paying per person so in effect everyone should be getting the same $10 worth of food.

If you do not pre-register you are not guaranteed free food.

ALSO, if you pre-PAY, you will be seeded in advance of the tournament because we will be able to make part of the brackets in advance for SSFIV (and all the games we receive $$ for).

How can you pay?

A: Paypal (hatalawriting@gmail.com). SEND AS A GIFT so we do not incur FURTHER fees on this tournament. If you are unclear as how to use Paypal and send cash from the personal tab as a gift, let us know and we'll help you. You must include your name, SRK handle, venue fee and games being played. If you forget something I will get try to get back to you ASAP but please take your time and send it right the first time ;)
B: See me in person on a Cleveland fight night (Wednesdays).
C: If you want to pre-pay and are outside of Cleveland, but absolutely cannot with Paypal and can't get someone to do it for you, contact me and we'll see what we can work out.

$10 venue fee. INCLUDES a trip to the appetizer area featuring:
• Grand Master Wings • Spinach Artichoke Dip • Spicy Chicken Billiard Sticks • Chips & Salsa

Please eat in moderation -- area is first-come, first-serve, but we will try to ensure everyone gets their fare share. As part of the tournament, players have access to the event menu with other dining choices. We will have dedicated servers, as well.

Official games: (start times TBD)
Tournament pot split is 70/20/10, excepting Smash (TBD by Smash director) and NBA Jam/WWF (80/20 splits). Double elimination. This is BYOC, but if you really need someone's stick you can probably find someone willing to loan you one. I will have a sanwa-powered Agetec for use in Marvel for those of you only with next-gen sticks.

Super Street Fighter IV (360) -- $10 entry (will start first, possibly 1:30 p.m.)
Super Street Fighter IV - 2 vs. 2 Team Tournament(360) -- $5/team (will start following SSFIV singles)
Tekken 6 (Playstation 3) -- $5 entry
Street Fighter 2: HD Remix (360) -- $5 entry
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (DC) -- $5 entry
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii) -- $10 Singles/$20 Teams(10 each)
NBA Jam, 2 on 2 teams (Arcade) -- $2/team
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 (Arcade)-- $5 entry (+$50 bonus for 1st)
WWF Wrestlefest, 2 on 2 teams (Arcade) -- $2/team. This is a simple, fast, fun game anyone can pick up and play.

Side events to be run in BYOConsole area as time/demand allows. The interested players will run them, not tourney staff.
Guilty Gear: AC+

Rules:
SSFIV - default everything
Tekken 6 - no bans. 60 seconds, 3/5 rounds, random stage
SF2:HDR -- Akuma banned
MvC2 - no game-breaking glitches. Juggs glitch allowed. Winner keeps same order but can switch-glitch
Brawl - see second post
NBA Jam - Two quarters of play (roughly 5-minute games). Only codes allowed are shot display %, Big Head mode. Accidental input of an illegal code results in game restart and a warning, twice = DQ. Because secret characters do not have altered stats despite what GameFAQs says, they are legal (e.g. Mark Turmell, Carlton, etc.). Auto-assist ON. No Secret Tank Game play during tournament
UMK3 - default everything, no codes that affect gameplay ("No Blocking", "Unlimited Run", etc., but "Throwing Encouraged" would be OK)
Wrestlefest - game defaults, no bans

This is a big place for a regional event, and our area is not physically closed off or constricting players to a small area. Large, free parking lot. Also features billiards, big-screen TVs and darts, and a great house draft beer called Amber Fox.

We might have a Japanese-style candy cab there as well with genuine Capcom CPS2 fighters -- no MAME. Nothing matches the intensity of battling shoulder-to-shoulder with an opponent, no matter if it's dollars or pride on the line.

Staff Roll:
Chris "Ghaleon" and Harmon "nomrah" -- co-directors
John "Nash/sflegend" -- Tekken director and support
King~ -- Smash director

Special thanks to Eric "chunblue" who if possible is providing Japanese candy cab for Capcom fighters; to Tim Static for bringing his UMK3 from Columbus; and to all locals and travelers who will be able to provide TVs and hardware; AND YOU

We're really excited to be running this in Cleveland this summer. Please PM me or Harmon if you have any questions, or get at me on Facebook preferably (Chris Ghaleon). More as our events develop. Please let me know what side games you'd like to see as well help us support the smaller games. Thanks everyone for considering making the trip, it should be a great time!

If we can get a decent prize for both Wrestlefest/NBA Jam, I might just make them free to promote people playing them and give the people just coming to pay for an SSFIV tourney something else to do.

King~

Smash Champion
Payouts:

20 or more:
Singles Payout
1st: 48%
2nd: 22%
3rd: 14%
4th: 8%
5th: 4%
5th: 4%

less than 20:
1st: 55%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 15%

Teams Payout:
1st: 55%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 15%

Brawl Rules and Format:

* 3 Stock Double Elimination

* 8 minute timer

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* Bring your own controller

* All matches prior to Winners' and Losers' Finals are best of 3. Winners', Losers', and Grand Finals are best of 5

*Planking is banned (up for debate, either this or LGL)(Note: i wont be debating as i dont care, but im sure some peole will agree with this and some wont let the points fly!)

* The Stage Strike system will be used and explained for the first match of all sets, then after procedure is loser stage pick, winner character choice, loser character choice.

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

* Dave's Stupid Rule: No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* Port slob picks: On a player's counterpick, that player may opt to redo the port selection process with that player or team picking their port first.

* Wiimotes and Classic Controller users should know to take the batteries out of their controllers after finishing a set; not only will this save battery life, but it prevents accidental intereference and delay for tournament matches.

* The Mages DQ rule: After a match has been called, if a player is two minutes late he will receive a warning. At 4 minutes late, he will be given a loss for the first game of the set. After six minutes, he will be given a loss of the entire set.

* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action.

* Stalling is banned. This includes ledge stalling, which is running away after gaining a lead in percent/stock and abusing the ledge's invincibilty.

* Nope's No BS Rule: By participating in this tournament you give the Tournament Operator and their affiliates the right to film, photograph and record your name, nickname, pseudonym, persona, picture, biographical material, voice and/or likeness and to use the same in any manner or media in connection with the Event to broadcast, reproduce, distribute and exhibit such photographs and/or recordings, in any manner whatsoever, by any and all means, media, devices, processes and technology now or hereafter known or devised anywhere in the universe at anytime in perpetuity.

Stage List:
Starters:

Final destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Yoshi island
pokemon stadium 1

Counterpicks:

Lylat
Castle Seige
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Brinstar
Delfino Plaza
Rainbow Cruise

Attendance List:
King~
The Kiest
KBs
Sole
Bead
Links24
Jiffy
Blue Rogue
Auspher
-Vocal-

Setups:

TVs:
King~

Wiis:
King~

will update more if i feel neccesary

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Sounds like epic fun! I want to go, but im doubtful at the moment because i'll just be coming back from Pittsburgh. I really really really do want to go though. We need more Cleveland tournaments :<

King~

Smash Champion
Also we will be in need of full setupsim gonan add a setup list to the second post, i know some of you guys can bring tvs and that would be really helpful to running/finishing this

TheKiest

Smash Champion
@Juu: Once you are back from OU at Columbus and going to Weds events, we'll talk about tourne travelings.

I'll be able to bring a Wii/PS3, but not a TV.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I'll tell you when this gets closer, but I think I should be able to get this off work, although considering how many days I'm taking off for The Showdown, they may not let me.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
O___O

WINGS?!! I wanna go! Also if Sai goes to this, you will have to sit down and explain the eating in moderation rule. xD

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I am now pretty much guaranteed to show unless I go broke sometime before then.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
After actually reading the post...

Is Tekken going to be a game here?
Super Street Fighter IV (360) -- $10 entry (will start first, possibly 1:30 p.m.)
Super Street Fighter IV - 2 vs. 2 Team Tournament(360) -- $5/team (will start following SSFIV singles)
Street Fighter 2: HD Remix (360) -- $5 entry
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (DC) -- $5 entry
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii) -- $10 Singles/$20 Teams(10 each)
NBA Jam, 2 on 2 teams (Arcade) -- $2/team
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 (Arcade)-- $5 entry (+$50 bonus for 1st)
WWF Wrestlefest, 2 on 2 teams (Arcade) -- $2/team. This is a simple, fast, fun game anyone can pick up and play.
BUT you have some tekken 6 rules listed as well.

@Shugo: Now that it's summer, I will be traveling from Sandusky to Cleveland tournaments. If you need a ride, let me know!

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Crap, can't come anymore since an old friend I haven't seen in forever told me his graduation party is on this day. I'm going to feel awkward all day since I won't know anyone else there, but I kind of have to go and arg!

AndreTruLegend

Smash Cadet
No you Didnt Copy Wrong its a Game is 5 to play..But since ive been out of the Smash Scene and Couldnt go to Columbus imma Just stick With Street Fighter

solecalibur

Smash Master
Hype for this~ we need more in NEOH
Any other websites we can broadcast this on to hype more?

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Let me know when Smash starts if possible. I'll try and see if I can't at least enter then duck out early for the grad party. I don't expect to win anyway.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Is there any word on what time the Brawl tourney will be beginning? I'm getting a ride from a friend of mine and she'd like to know when I need to be there.

King~

Smash Champion
venue opens at 11:00, stating the tourney around 1-1:30

also you can pre reg, ill be adding this tid bit to the first post shortly:

If you pre-pay by Sunday, June 20, 11:59 p.m.
A: Your venue is $8.
B: Your trip to the appetizer table is GUARANTEED no matter when you get to the tournament.

Also please don't get confused -- this is not all-you-can-eat. We are paying per person so in effect everyone should be getting the same $10 worth of food.

If you do not pre-register you are not guaranteed free food.

ALSO, if you pre-PAY, you will be seeded in advance of the tournament because we will be able to make part of the brackets in advance for SSFIV (and all the games we receive $$ for).

How can you pay?

A: Paypal (hatalawriting@gmail.com). SEND AS A GIFT so we do not incur FURTHER fees on this tournament. If you are unclear as how to use Paypal and send cash from the personal tab as a gift, let us know and we'll help you. You must include your name, SRK handle, venue fee and games being played. If you forget something I will get try to get back to you ASAP but please take your time and send it right the first time ;)
B: See me in person on a Cleveland fight night (Wednesdays).
C: If you want to pre-pay and are outside of Cleveland, but absolutely cannot with Paypal and can't get someone to do it for you, contact me and we'll see what we can work out.

EDIT: also, I NEED TVS AND WIIS FOR THIS

tournaments dont run off magic, there arent TVs built into our eyes, i dont have some secreat vault of TVS, and just because we have all day dosent mean i want it to take all day. help a *** out

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Hmmm...yeah...probs won't make signups for this.
Might come to spectate and hang out if i have time.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Hey, if anyone wants, you can drive down here and borrow some of my TVs. Probably won't be able to make it to the tourny though due to the grad party :(

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
I'll definitely be coming to this, and I can bring a Wii and possibly a television, I just have to check with my ride about the latter to make sure there's space

Revven

FrankerZ
While this venue is only (roughly) 30 minutes away, I am unsure of whether I can attend. To be honest, it really boils down to two things:

1) If SciFiGuy can go, mainly because if I do go without him I probably wouldn't enter anything and just chill and because he's the person I'd be getting a ride from (if he would want to go and if he could).

2) Whether or not I could have Brawl Minus set up. I realize that it would be pretty difficult to do this only because at the moment nobody has any idea how many Wiis there will be there. And if there's a low amount, my Wii would likely be used for the tourney anyway thus leaving me with nothing to do but talk with people for most of the day.

#2 then just makes me feel like "why should I go if I'm not even gonna enter singles? If SFG can't go I won't be entering doubles so that's out too and if my Wii would be used then I couldn't even play Brawl Minus friendlies..." but like I said, I don't even know if anything is going on that day in the first place and perhaps I'm over thinking things too much (I tend to do that).

King~

Smash Champion
^tight

@falco: yea i agree it isnt very beneficial for you to come if you dont plan on entering singles.

tell your fellow NEOHns to step it up and bring more tvs

solecalibur

Smash Master
When is the schedule for this going to be up?
and do you HAVE to preregister to enter?

Top Bottom