• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lake Erie Summer Slam - Cleveland, OH, 6/26/10 - Brawl+SSFIV+T6+HDR+MvC2

solecalibur

Smash Master
I fail at reading >.>

consider it a free bump and a post count for me (they matter?)

Ghaleon

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, thanks for the support! Yeah, no one had to pre-pay, like King said it was just because we had no idea how big the local support would be for SSFIV, which in Capcomland dwarfs every other game. Now we know how big to expect brackets since we had a good 40 people pre-pay, and we can make brackets in advance and just fill them in as people walk-in on tournament day.

I know I didn't make this clear, but we have to begin setting UP the venue at 11 -- you may come around then to register and pay, but we will probably keep people out of the tournament area until about noon. The place is BIG though so you will be fine coming around 11 and just chilling at the venue.

Thanks so much to King~ for handling Smash -- we have a section roped off just for you guys and we hope you all have a great time. King, thanks for handling and maintaining the thread here. btw If any of you know me, I run the Season's Beatings series in Columbus, so know we aren't random guys ;)

Hope to see a couple of you try the arcade machine -- NBA Jam tournament starts at about 2, which is only $1 person (so $2/team), and WWF Wrestlefest starts after that ($2/team, same thing). MAME them and give them a shot Saturday.

ALSO anyone bringing a setup (Wii and/or TV -- bring bring both if you can -- I have one Wii but we are pretty much community dependant on Smash setups) will be entered into a raffle for a pallete of 16 oz Venom energy drinks, Season's Beatings 4 shirts, and some other cool goodies.

We don't need Playstation 3's or 2's or DCs -- but if you have a 360 + SSFIV and we can use it. However TVs and Wiis is what we need most from you guys :) Thanks

Also so no one feels tricked, the pre-pay was also for the free food, since only 50 people can get it -- if you want food you can still pre-pay the $10 for venue and you'll have your spot secured -- there are maybe 8 spots left. If a bunch of people pre-pay today or tomorrow I might be able to amend the order and get more food.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Thanks for filling us in, Ghaleon. This sounds legit and I'll definitely be there.

Expect me to show around 11:30 with one Wii console. It will have only custom music tracks and infinite replays enabled so as not to have any visual interference with the tournament matches.

*also make sure to save your replays if you play a tournament set on my Wii so I can upload entire sets. The "save replay" prompt can't be seen if your matches go past 3:00, but believe me the option is still available!*

Ghaleon

Smash Apprentice
You can do custom music in Brawl? Like set specific music tracks to specific stages each time you play them? If so I wish 360/Playstation 3 could do that for SFIV, that game is boring enough but the music is also terrible. (You can play a custom album during the game, but you can't set your own stage music).

Also, YES Tekken 6 will be there on our setups, I just forget to include it on the initial list, sorry. Other probably side games: Guilty Gear: AC, KOF2002. On arcade: Puzzle Fighter

BTW, we do have our schedule if you're playing anything other than Smash:

SSFIV Pool 1 will start about 1:30, Pool 2 will start about 3:30. I will post the brackets (based on pre-pays) online hopefully tonight so if you plan on entering those, you can see where we are so far.

NBA Jam will start about 2. All other games will probably start after Pool 1 is underway. Smash can start whenever you guys want it to basically, haha, probably like King said everything should be set up and everyone should be registered by 1:30 or so

If anyone has urgent questions, feel free to get me on Facebook (Chris Ghaleon)

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
You can do custom music in Brawl? Like set specific music tracks to specific stages each time you play them? If so I wish 360/Playstation 3 could do that for SFIV, that game is boring enough but the music is also terrible. (You can play a custom album during the game, but you can't set your own stage music).
Yeah, that's about the gist of it. As long as we get everything properly done with the BRSTM (Brawl music track) files, it's just a matter of putting the songs you want in the proper place. So basically...we can have any song in existence put into Brawl as long as it is converted into a BRSTM file. I agree with SFIV's music being terrible lol; the only song on there that still hasn't annoyed me to death is the Overpass theme.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
hope someone there gets this: my ride was running late, so I won't be getting there until around 1. I am still bringing a tv and wii, so you can count on that

D

Deleted member

This was a blast! Can't wait for some more NEOH tournaments.

Is the results thread gonna be posted soon?

Top Bottom