• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Stage DLC: Release #1

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Brawl+ Stage DLC Hub

With B+ reaching an official, stable "Gold" set, the Brawl+ Backroom will be releasing official updates in the future to include updates to characters and stages, as well as possible mechanic changes. These "official" updates, however, have extended periods with no new content for the community utilize. Because of this, I have been green lighted to offer special "DLC Stage Packs" to the community to play, comment on, and critique. These responses form the community on the specific stages will help the Brawl+ BR develop a better stage list and possibly include more varied fighting environments that can be accepted by the competitive community as well as casual gamers.

These "DLC Packs" will include anywhere from 4-8 stages, usually replacing slots that were previously deemed unusable by the majority of the community (Mario Bros. for instance). The stages included are purely optional downloads and will not be made requirements for any official stage lists. They are purely for the community to enjoy and comment on. Should a particular stage, or stages, be deemed acceptable by a majority of the community, it will be edited and considered for inclusion in the next official B+ update.

Each pack will be listed in chronological order by release. Updates to downloads will be noted by post as well as in the [ code] brackets. PLEASE feel free to comment on the stages (what you like/don't like, what you think needs to be changed, etc.). All input will be considered.

DLC Stage Packs:

[collapse="DLC Stage Pack #1"]
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?n5j1mjj2jmm

--Distant Planet: SSE Forest (credit to Rudementary for original import; FrozenHobo for fixing stage position data)
--75m: SSE Factory (credit to Eternal Yoshi for fixed import; FrozenHobo for fixing stage position data)
--Shadow Moses Island: SSE Edited stages (credit to unknown for original background/inverse BF layout; FrozenHobo for temple/factory layouts/stage position data)
--Green Greens: Japanese Green Greens+ (credit to unknown)
--NPC: Fourside (credit to Mewtwo_2000)
--Mario Bros.: SSB64 Intro (credit to FrozenHobo)

[collapse="Pictures"]

[/collapse]
[/collapse]

Please be sure to read the txt file included in each pack.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Change List

Code:
DLC Stage Pack #1
--Distant Planet: Full stage replacement
--75m: Full stage replacement
--Shadow Moses island: Full stage replacement
--Green Greens: blocks repawn slower, no bombs, lower block walls
--NPC: Full stage replacement
--Mario Bros.: Full stage replacment

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Can you put everything in a collapse tag instead of code? Code doesn't fill up the screen and makes it hard to read.

Slashy

Smash Lord
Since we're already using the Stage Roster Expansion code why are these updates replacing stages, especially some that have already had changes to remove unfavorable details, or were not too terrible in the first place.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
So, I take it Big Blue+ got delayed to the next pack?

Since we're already using the Stage Roster Expansion code why are these updates replacing stages, especially some that have already had changes to remove unfavorable details, or were not too terrible in the first place.
the answer is the same for both of these: this DLC pack does not include a new codeset. the intent was that anybody, regardless of if they B+ or vBrawl can download the pack and use it. Forcing people to download a gct just to use the files is annoying and ultimately deters people from using the pack.

i would recommend, slashy, that you follow my instructions and read the included txt before asking specific question.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
should be ready by the time we ship the next official version. i've been distracted from working on the boundaries. hopefully we'll be able to get some internal testing so it can be released ASAP.

yewbowguy

Smash Rookie
Hi, I downloaded the DLC pack, but I don't know what to do next. Could someoen give me step by step instructions on how to apply the DLC pack? Thanks in advance!

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Hi, I downloaded the DLC pack, but I don't know what to do next. Could someoen give me step by step instructions on how to apply the DLC pack? Thanks in advance!
on your sd card, go to the pf/ folder. in there, there should be 2 folders (if not, make them), labeled stage/ and module/. take the files included in the pack and put them in the appropriate folder.

note that if you don't have a module/ or stage/ folder you can just drag/drop the included ones into your pf folder.

OceanBlue

Smash Apprentice
When I use this DLC pack, the stages it overwrites become almost completely black. Is anyone else having this problem?

Kati

Smash Lord
I think he said "black" not "blank"

This happened to me when I forgot to take off a rel file. The background is completely black, while the main stage is intact.

Make sure that for every .rel file you have in the module folder, you have the corresponding STG_____.pac file in the melee folder.

----------------------------

The boundaries for the jungle stage are pretty whack. Looking at the numbers in brawlbox though is confounding, so it will be while before I can suggest a better set of values. If anyone else can, the camera in particular needs to be able to zoom out more.

yewbowguy

Smash Rookie
thanks!
a suggestion: is it possible to make the UFO on fourside disappear like in SSBM instead of going up and potentially killing the people on it?

Latias

Smash Journeyman
you ***** distant planet for no reason, you should have just removed the boublad thing and rain -.-

melee 2.0 ftl

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
you ***** distant planet for no reason, you should have just removed the boublad thing and rain -.-

melee 2.0 ftl
that as/is another project. check the Competitive Stage Hacking Thread for more info.

as for "******" distant planet, thats your own opinion and i can respect that, but i need more feed back on what specifically you don't like about the SSE Jungle stage.

Latias

Smash Journeyman
that as/is another project. check the Competitive Stage Hacking Thread for more info.

as for "******" distant planet, thats your own opinion and i can respect that, but i need more feed back on what specifically you don't like about the SSE Jungle stage.
Its battlefield with two platforms.

iLink

Smash Champion
One thing I noticed with the Distant Planet replacement.

The stage's camera either needs to be fixated more towards the left or the left boundary needs to be brought in closer to the stage. I think it's just the camera though.

Lvl10CPU

Smash Rookie
It seems odd to have the three stages on metal gear at the same time but that's a small quirk. I don't like the one on STGMETALGEAR_02 though. Plays too much like rumble falls+. Other than that, I like the pack.

Edit: forgot to mention the camera on the trees but I play on another version of that so I forgot to mention it.

75m's replacement has ceilings just offstage. Not sure if you realized, but they can be abused quite handily to avoid vertical KOs, and high horizontal KOs.

It's odd, they seem to work like a psuedo cave of immortality without being all that confining for those who know how to DI.

Fijoe

Smash Journeyman
How come my Wii froze when I picked SMI and then again when I picked Mario Bros?

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
75m's replacement has ceilings just offstage. Not sure if you realized, but they can be abused quite handily to avoid vertical KOs, and high horizontal KOs.

It's odd, they seem to work like a psuedo cave of immortality without being all that confining for those who know how to DI.
known and (for this release) intended.

How come my Wii froze when I picked SMI and then again when I picked Mario Bros?
no idea. what region are you?

Fijoe

Smash Journeyman
America, also Distant Planet froze too and I'm scared to try the others :[

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
you're .rels are wrong. try downloading them again. also, since those stages are also designed to go ver FD, try renaming them and seeing if hey'll load regularly over FD. if not, then i need to know what your codeset is.

Fijoe

Smash Journeyman
Wait oh noes I forgot the .rels :[

That must be it thanks :]

UltRiX

Smash Cadet
This is cool and all, but when are we going to see the changelist for Gold?

Top Bottom