• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Stage DLC: Release #1

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
did you even read? he was talking about a possible glitch he experienced. these files were the replay of it happening. they might as well be youtube links. this **** isn't complicated. >_>

Mario Orchestra

Smash Apprentice
Yes I did read....I am not illiterate. Can I download those files and use them as separate and combined files for my brawl hacks like brawl+?

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
the OP will work with any brawl hack, assuming you don't already have stages replacing the ones specified (i tod you to read the included txt file in the OP so we could avoid these stupid questions).

as for the replays i don't care. they're replays made by someone in the community showing a glitch. they don't do anything and hold no value whatsoever. if you feel the paralyzing NEED to download it then nobody is going to stop you, but they don't add or remove anything. at all. like, i don't think i can explain it any better than that. nothing. (and yet you will still ask me about them >_>)

Mario Orchestra

Smash Apprentice
Won't ask. But for the OP I can use it in conjunction with any other hacks is what you are saying or use separately and is DIFFERENT from stage DLC #1 right?

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
the OP (original post/first post). the topic is for DLC #1. the text file included explains everything. i'm afraid you are indeed illiterate.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
heh, don't bet on it. probably a lot longer. i haven't even finished DL64, much less the rest of the stages. and then i need to decide what stages they would work best over. its a long process. :(

Mario Orchestra

Smash Apprentice
....you mean you will have to delete some of the stages (replace)? I want to play on all 28. 41+29+8 and custom stages!

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
well, this works for the existing version of B+ in that it replaces stages that are currently not used/unpopular. you would need to look at either dantarion's alt stage loader code or PW's custom stage adder code if you wanted to do it yourself (and then you would need to work witht he files in the stage and .rel folders with B+ to make sure the ones you do want remain).

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
This looks interesting. I've been away from the forum for a long time and jus recently popped back into Smash Boards Existance. So all of this is very new to me. I want to try it out but.. I lost my SD card >.> Hopefully I will be able to try it out soon :)

Mario Orchestra

Smash Apprentice
....still don't know how exactly to set up my code. I have downloaded everything related to brawl+, stage DLC, balanced brawl, and brawl-.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
There's a tutorial and help forum. Stop posting here and ask for help there.

Though in off-topic stuff, where are the guides located for learning how to make stages? Hoping to get good enough that I can actually help with stuff like this. It bothers me a bit that it seems like only you and MonkUnit for minus are making the competitive stages.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Alrighty then. I tried yesterday and really had no idea what I was doing. Going to spend a lot of time on it, I guess.

At least collisions are easy.

I'm not quite sure what it is, but something about the Smash 64 Intro stage feels off.

mcnichoj

Smash Apprentice
I'm not quite sure what it is, but something about the Smash 64 Intro stage feels off.
In what way? How it looked, how it played, the layout, etc.?

Edit: I played these on some randoms Wii like a week ago and I just tried to get them yesterday and I have no idea what the problem is but they keep freezing or just playing the original stage. I have everything up to date, I placed them all in the right folders, have even downloaded the file three times and tried renaming them.
Brawl+ and Brawl- both work fine.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
My God, Henry. I see why you're so good at being bitter.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
It feels off play-wise. A lot of it has to do with the floating platform - it just feels too close to the stage.

Bad camera angles lead to annoying gimps at the edge.

dragonblade1214

Smash Rookie
Okay, I know this might be a dumb question, but I understand that one of the Full Stage Replacements is for 75m. What I don't understand is the fact that that stage isn't shown anymore on the stage selection screen. I assume that it's been replaced altogether by probably one of the custom stages.

I just recently updated to Brawl+ Gold (I think) and I'm still making sense of those files that are loaded on the SD card (for homebrew).

I was wondering if anyone could clarify this? Thanks.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
The SSS show two 75m

The one in the first page goes to SSE: Jungle (for some reason it doesn't have its own image that is used for Temple+ and Online Training Room, it's a mess). The 75m in the second page is SSE Factory that comes with this pack.

FroBo, will ever happen a Stage DLC #2? I mean, for P:M?

King Luigi 128

Smash Cadet
...I understand that one of the Full Stage Replacements is for 75m. What I don't
understand is the fact that that stage isn't shown anymore on the stage selection screen. I assume that it's been replaced altogether by probably one of the custom stages.

I just recently updated to Brawl+ Gold (I think) and I'm still making sense of those
files that are loaded on the SD card (for homebrew).

I was wondering if anyone could clarify this? Thanks.
I believe this should explain some things...

The game is limiting the number of icons we can have, so we can't
have a different icon for each and every stage.
It was made so the main stage gets the icons, while the stages on the
other page simply uses the same icon due to icon amount limitations.
This was done so that anyone that wanted to play on Flatzone 2, 75m or
Hyrule Temple (both versions) can, since before, those stages were purely inaccessible.

So in short...
SSE: Jungle icon gets you SSE: Jungle on the main page & 75m on the other page.
WWR icon gets you WWR on the main page & Flatzone 2 on the other page.
Temple icon gets you (the shrunken) Temple+ on the main page
and the regular Temple on the other page.
That's how Brawl+ 'Gold' normally acts, but when adding in this Stage DLC
that duplicate icon on the 2nd page should take you to the "SSE Factory" instead.

dragonblade1214

Smash Rookie
Thanks so much! That really clears things up.

I was wondering where you got that quote from too? If there's a thread/sticky with more information on Brawl+ Gold, I'd sure like to read through it for clarifications on possible other questions.

Top Bottom