• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Platform Drop while shielding - Finally! OoS Options for Yoshi

Yikarur

Smash Master
I discovered this together with Semifer and I'm very happy because it gives Yoshi new options.

To drop through a platform do the following:

from neutral position, tilt the stick slightly down, but not as down that you spotdodge but with a not to fast and not to slow timing.

Sounds simple, it IS simple.. IT'S AWESOME
Yoshi can do aerials almost instantly OUT OF SHIELD.
He can double jump instantly after the drop OUT OF SHIELD

and on Smashville he can even cancel his double jump instantly out of the drop OUT OF SHIELD so on smashville you can do EVERYTHING OUT OF SHIELD

YOSHI and OoS in one Sentence.

REVOLUTION.

the exactly timing for this is 5 Frames. you have to tilt down the stick in 5 frames from neutral to a specific position that don't let you spotdodge.

so have fun :)

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
I RECORDED THIS.
*Quick Attacks back to Pikachu boards.*

This actually seems rather useful.
If only I had the patience to learn Yoshi.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Just tried using this in a match against my bro, and PSD (platform shield drop, thats what i think it should be called) -> nair for the kill when he tries to attack me is win

Depster

Smash Champion
Is that even possible? Or do you mean after you drop? Cause my first thought was to do it on the platform you were originally on lol

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Is that even possible? Or do you mean after you drop? Cause my first thought was to do it on the platform you were originally on lol
He means in midair, you know like... explosion... *waving hands trying to mimic fire*

Yikarur

Smash Master
but you can drop through the SV platform and double jump autoland on it instantly ;0

PZ

Smash Lord
eh I could see it being touchy in a tournament setting but it's not that hard IMO
Sry for the late quote but......I dont have that much tech skill so its hard to me. Still havent done DR yet. Sure i can do it after anything but just standing there no. Plus i dont play brawl much my internet sucks and facing cpus gets boring after awhile so basically getting better is just watching matches playing every now n then until i get bored n practicing tech skill.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Yeah, I think this is kinda old guys. x_x

And, Yoshi's OoS options are still awful. :E

Silent Beast

Smash Journeyman
The better question is why the Yoshi boards were the only place where this wasn't known.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
They probably just assumed yoshi wasn't capable of such bad@ssadry, but they'll be sorry when they get PSD tounge *****

Airborne

Smash Lord
Credit for this goes to the Japanese, they discovered this first actually

Innocentroads has a video involving Sonic + Snake on his acct demonstrating this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ar2M4iiB-g
I remember this from last year.
Yeah, I think this is kinda old guys. x_x

And, Yoshi's OoS options are still awful. :E
this is called shield dropping and has been known since 2002 melee...@.@
It's been known since 2007 pre-brawl's-release during the demo playings with Gimpyfish
And 2008 the day of brawl's release.
NAH F*CK YO BUSTED *SS NINETY TWO.

No one cares when it was discovered now; we're discussing its uses with Yoshi, since we don't get some p*ssy *ss insta-shield drop like the rest of you b*tches. Stop this continuing wave of useless posts, and add your 2 cents to its USES if you're going to post at all.

This is why I hate the yoshi boards half of the time; when outsiders want to post, they ****ing waste our time with bold threads.

My rage is hilarious. It takes up 4 EX Bars though. =\

Top Bottom