• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stealing 5ive's idea for the better, ssfiv small tourney wednesday july 28th @york?

Gichan

Smash Champion
So yeah, the genius 5ive had the idea of a B+ tourney at york. Now this is a good idea if not a big attendance is expected and that isn't a bad thing at all.

Now I would like to take this idea and use it for ssfiv next wednesday july 28th. A small tourney, NO venue fee of course with either a $2 or $5 entry fee for a small tourney. I know that we can get at least 10 people to this, and I said LEAST. I'll start with confirming my attendance for this but I hope some of you guys come out.

EDITED:

Entry fee: $5
Tournament begins : 6pm (double elimination bracket)

set-ups;

Gi- 1 xbox 360, 1 stick
Mikey- 1 tv
tat- 1 tv 2 hdmi cables
buddah- 1 360 1 stick

attendance:

Gi
5ive
Eugene
Fonez
Dist
Philly Balrog
Minus
Slim
Raynex
1prophecy
MickeyDs
Mikey
kymah
xump
archmage flash
buddah
tat
js master
watchtower

Gichan

Smash Champion
I hope you people show up to thisl; 5ive, swizz, fonez, mikey, nickcam, dimmy, ryan, raynex, minus, pho, srtm. If you guys know others who play ssfiv and are in toronto that would help to.

sswizzbbeatss

Smash Apprentice
right... im not paying for something like that
stupid idea

/endthread

on a side note: hopefully fizz isnt their, so i can take his spot on the pr

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
LOL Actually Christian if you look in the brawl+ thread you can actually see that I first proposed the idea, not 5ive.

Love me :laugh:

Gichan

Smash Champion
I send as much no homo love as possible, this is a great idea.

Also people start confirming. And eugene are you going? I didn't put you down as people i'd like to see cause i didn't think you'd come.

Swizz don't even you probably jizzed your pants when you saw this. I am taking that as a confirmation. And why the **** would fizz be coming, he doesn't even play ssfiv?

Anyone bringing any systems or tvs? I wanna see at least three tvs. One from york, and we need others.

Gichan

Smash Champion
I would go but I have work on Wednesday. If it starts @ 6 I can make it though.
the tournament wil start at 6, registration is at 5pm with friendlies, if you do come I'll prereg you. Show up cause this is looking good. Sauga is a good maybe for this. Get ready for timeouts.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Yo Nate, MM? And you still play rose or viper?

And guys please come I asked two players who i play on xbl, one of them placed higher than danny at one tourney so he's ****ing good, i want them to at least see some players there.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
I play Rose, Cammy, Ibuki, Chun and Cody.

Yeah I might mm, my biggest concern about this tournament is that there will be only 360 setups, and I'm about only half as good on stick as on controller.

SRTM

Smash Ace
I play Rose, Cammy, Ibuki, Chun and Cody.

Yeah I might mm, my biggest concern about this tournament is that there will be only 360 setups, and I'm about only half as good on stick as on controller.
If I go, maybe i'll bring my ps3, so that way, others are forced to get a stick or controller for ps3.
evo used ps3.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
I don't drive, nor do I have a TV.

I will most likely get a ride though, and I'll definitely get a hook up for setups when this rolls around.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
if u start the tourney immediately, u can prolly get it done off 1 setup. last week at york, 1 set up for BRAWL+ (emphazising to say matches take long) and it went from 8-10:30. didn't finish cuse guy kicked us out, grand finals where the only event left, if he had till 11, tourney woulda been done (that and if we didn't fuck around in the beginning). SSF4 matches are faster, shud b gud bro, ur legendary, u can pull this shit off :].

nickcam

Smash Ace
cant get on srk right now so imma post here to check if sauga is still going today.

Gichan

Smash Champion
we CAN'T book the room unless we are a club or something. I did not EVER see that happening because we have done this sooo much in the past and the only thing i expected was getting kicked out at about 10:30pm-11pm. I'm sorry to waste yours or anyone elses time today. You can call me stupid but I just thought it would have been cool to have a tourney where it was totally affordable, no venue fee whatsoever, and just have fun. never NEVER could i have seen what happened today coming i was not lying when i said we have been doing this for so long.

sswizzbbeatss

Smash Apprentice
thats what happens when im not their, or 5ive. People also need to understand brawl is garbage and if u play it u have slow reaction times. Brawl is as slow as having a slow jerk with no mats. its like getting hard off a book (see what i did thur?) oh look im m2k and i made 3000, herp derp i get no girls and my **** has never been touched ill stab m2k

todd's a ging.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
You guys got kicked out? That sucks.

On the bright side, once I get a 360 and a copy of SSFIV, you'll have another player on the scene. Just gotta work on my reaction time for it.

nickcam

Smash Ace
Shoutouts to tinman only person who can ruin a tourney without even being there. Tinman theres 30 angry sf4 players that all hate u without even meeting you. Scrub

The_Fool

Smash Apprentice
Shoutouts to tinman only person who can ruin a tourney without even being there. Tinman theres 30 angry sf4 players that all hate u without even meeting you. Scrub
Just thought you should know, tin.

sswizzbbeatss

Smash Apprentice
shut your bad breath mouth u dirty fool. Explain how tinman did anything wrong? Tinman is a great tounry organizers. next time all you people shut your mouth while in york so we wont get kicked.

sidenote: i know someone from winters who can get us a venue so slow ur slow ball sack jerk.

jerk ball jerk - anyone heard of that? while jerking u jerk ur balls?

p.s. Tinman has successfully worked out 30hr long brawl tourneys with no hitchs. its hard to organize just a dam slow game lasting max time every game with everyone spamming b and down smash. man especially with pools. those metaknight playes sure no how to "take their time" oh and rob also.

Top Bottom