• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BBR Weekly Character Discussions Index

TheMike

Smash Lord
BBR Weekly Character Discussions Index

• Introduction
  • How WCDs work
  • List of the public discussions

Introduction: I have seen a lot of people asking for a WCDs(Weekly Character Discussions) index. So, I decided to create it so that they can find the discussions that are already released to the public. Hope this thread will be useful somehow.

How WCDs work: Every Monday two character discussions are public released after one week privately discussed. These discussions are made to increase knowledge. Only characters from the A, B and C tiers were scheduled to be discussed. However, the BBR thought that it would be better to discuss all the characters before the tier list. A schedule starting on August 2nd was created.

August 2nd: Four WCDs released
August 9th: Four WCDs released
August 16th: Five WCDs released
August 23rd: Five WCDs released
August 30th: Five WCDs released
September 6th: Five WCDs released

Note: You all should expect the 5th Official Brawl Back Room Tier List between September 20th and the end of the same month.

List of the public discussions: All the public WCDs are listed below.

BBR Weekly Character Discussion #1: Diddy Kong
BBR Weekly Character Discussion #2: Zero Suit Samus
BBR Weekly Character Discussion #3: Falco
BBR Weekly Character Discussion #4: Pit
BBR Weekly Character Discussion #5: Snake
BBR Weekly Character Discussion #6: Kirby
BBR Weekly Character Discussion #7: Ice Climbers
BBR Weekly Character Discussion #8: R.O.B.
BBR Weekly Character Discussion #9: Marth
BBR Weekly Character Discussion #10: Pikachu
BBR Weekly Character Discussion #11: Lucario
BBR Weekly Character Discussion #12: Toon Link
BBR Weekly Character Discussion #13: Wario
BBR Weekly Character Discussion #14: King Dedede
BBR Weekly Character Discussion #15: Captain Olimar
BBR Weekly Character Discussion #16: Mr. Game & Watch
BBR Weekly Character Discussion #17: Donkey Kong
BBR Weekly Character Discussion #18: Peach
BBR Weekly Character Discussion #19: Fox
BBR Weekly Character Discussion #20: Luigi
BBR Weekly Character Discussion #21: Wolf
BBR Weekly Character Discussion #22: Sheik
BBR Weekly Character Discussion #23: Pokémon Trainer
BBR Weekly Character Discussion #24: Sonic
BBR Weekly Character Discussion #25: Ness
BBR Weekly Character Discussion #26: Bowser
BBR Weekly Character Discussion #27: Lucas
BBR Weekly Character Discussion #28: Ike
BBR Weekly Character Discussion #29: Yoshi
BBR Weekly Character Discussion #30: Mario
BBR Weekly Character Discussion #31: Captain Falcon
BBR Weekly Character Discussion #32: Samus
BBR Weekly Character Discussiion #33: Jigglypuff
BBR Weekly Character Discussion #34: Zelda
BBR Weekly Character Discussion #35: Link
BBR Weekly Character Discussion #36: Ganondorf

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Thanks, been too lazy too search through all the character boards for these.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Can't wait 'til September 20th. Meanwhile, I'll keep my eyes glued to these WCD's.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
And here I thought it was just the Olimar discussion that had gotten the short end of the stick :( The earlier discussion were great (the majority of them, anyhow) but I think Apex kind of led to you guys dropping the ball on these discussions.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
I'm not gonna lie, BBR... With the exception of Wario, this round was pretty terribad
Yar, most of the characters have been discussed quite a bit the last time around so not much input is going to be new or juicy.

You can't really make a huge discussion concerning an apple when you only find out that its good for heartburn with all its previous benefits being known beforehand.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Yar, most of the characters have been discussed quite a bit the last time around so not much input is going to be new or juicy.

You can't really make a huge discussion concerning an apple when you only find out that its good for heartburn with all its previous benefits being known beforehand.
I wish I could see the last Olimar discussion

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
The ZSS discussion was like 1 page of mostly misinformation and false speculation like "I think ZSS must be bad at approaching cause her worst matchup is Falco" (lol).

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Yea, these discussions are incredibly bland.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
That was less than a month from being 2 years ago ;-;

I'm sorry, but after two years you guys really did not have anything new to discuss on this character who had evolved so much within that time span? I do not buy this excuse. People just apparently don't know anything about him, don't care to learn, don't care to discuss, or were too preoccupied to care at all.

Two years ago, really?

You guys have done some great things and I approve on many things you have accomplished and discussed, but this...there just is not an excuse.

edit: Ok, so I've read through the first page. Everything I just said still stands. Olimar requires a new discussion - that one is garbage for today's metagame and this new one was a joke. I can't order you guys to do anything, of course...but man this should be next to embarassing for the BR. I'm not trying to flame you at all, but how could you allow this to happen?

TheMike

Smash Lord
As I've said on the new Olimar discussion thread, he probably isn't so popular in the BBR. You said that agreed with what Hilt and Rich posted, I read their input again and can say that they pretty much covered everything for the current metagame in my opinion.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
You guys can't expect huge walls of discussion because there's not that much to say in addition to the previous discussions lol. If the majority of the BBR members are misinformed then that's a different story.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Helmet, that's what these discussions should be about - what they DO think about the character what opinions they DO hold about where he should move. If no one posts, no one learns, and opinions don't change even if in some cases perhaps they should.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Helmet, that's what these discussions should be about - what they DO think about the character what opinions they DO hold about where he should move. If no one posts, no one learns, and opinions don't change even if in some cases perhaps they should.
While I agree with you that more people should be posting, my opinion still stands that there's not always a lot to discuss.

I eagerly await Falcon, he's good enough now to be at the top (or higher spectrum) of low tier.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
The ZSS discussion was like 1 page of mostly misinformation and false speculation like "I think ZSS must be bad at approaching cause her worst matchup is Falco" (lol).
the lucario one was the same way, the mis informed posters got wrecked pretty hard esp after apex results

its really irritating to fathom the thought of bbr's not being as informed as they should about characters they discuss......its...really sad...

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
they better not screw over shiek/zelda...

I think ankoku is the only one who has every selected sheik in the BBR right now... though I've played most of the FL BBR members.

Flayl

Smash Hero
I already know Bowser's discussion is going to turn out ****ty.

What I want to know is if the BBR members that have actually played against good Bowsers (canadians + pennsylvanians + darkmusician) are heard/contributing anything worthwhile.

D

Deleted member

I already know Bowser's discussion is going to turn out ****ty.

What I want to know is if the BBR members that have actually played against good Bowsers (canadians + pennsylvanians + darkmusician) are heard/contributing anything worthwhile.
This needs to happen with the Wolf discussion.

TheMike

Smash Lord
Both Bowser's and Sheik's discussions were productive while in the BBR in my opinion. They will be released today.

Flayl

Smash Hero
There's a lot of theorycrafting and misinformation going on in Bowser's discussion :(

The only BBR member that faced a good Bowser that said anything was Chibo...

Top Bottom