• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Waluigi VERSION 3!!!

doublek642

Smash Apprentice
The new...

VERSION 3

Waluigi Version 3 is here! And is now FULLY PLAYABLE!
He no longer has ANY problems working over any players, and has some all-new specials in his well-improved moveset, as well as some new animations to follow! Waluigi could now air-swim, take out bob-ombs, and much more! Next, he's got some new recolors, as well as beautiful CSP's! I've gotten rid of almost all of ToonLink's voice clips, but still need to get to work on his throws that I can't seem to get working. (We still need to get to work on a final smash, as well). EternalYoshi's fix has been applied to this version.
Finally, the new version that everyone has been waiting for is here!

Recolors

Normal

Green

Blue

Waroigi

Red

Fire Waluigi

Credits
doublek642 PSA (Project Leader)
Snoopy Port Over ToonLink & Glitch-fixing
Marioking64DS Animations & Recolors
SJS CSPs
EternalYoshi Fix

Attacks
(All moves use custom & Waluigi animations)

Neutral Attack Combo - Wario's two punches.
Side Attack - Racket swing. Takes out his racket and Swings horizontally.
Up Attack - Grows a huge fist and hits upward. Similar to Mario's.
Down Attack - Stomps on the ground rapidly.
Dash Attack - Captain Falcon's dash attack.
Neutral Aerial Attack - Two kicks in a sitting-like motion.
Aerial Forward Attack - Kicks forward with both feet while doing a twirl. Similar to Falco's.
Aerial Back Attack - Kicks backward with both feet.
Aerial Up Attack - Kicks upward with both feet.
Aerial Down Attack - Stomps down rapidly. Similar to Yoshi's.
Side Smash - Stomps down in front of him causing fire damage.
Up Smash - Luigi's Up Smash. His head grows huge and smashes up.
Down Smash - He spins on his head with his feet out.
Neutral Special - Waluigi charges up, his head grows large, and he smashes his head forward.
Side Special - Waluigi swims forward, then backwards to his original position. Causes damage on impact.
Up Special - Waluigi twirls, causing rapid damage on impact. Can be charged on the ground.
Down Special - Waluigi takes a bob-omb from his pocket which could be thrown at any time.
Aerial Neutral Special - Same as when used on the ground.
Aerial Side Special - Waluigi air-swims forward, then falls. Timing controls direction.
Aerial Up Special - Waluigi twirls, and flies upward. Causes rapid damage on impact.
Aerial Down Special - Same as when used on the ground.

Taunts, Wait, and Win Animations
Up Taunt - Waluigi laughs.
Side Taunt - Waluigi kind of "does the limbo" under his own legs. His upper body does a backflip while his lower body walks in place.
Down Taunt - Waluigi dances into different poses, kinda like Luigi's.
Wait1 - Waluigi's usual standing animation.
Wait2 - Waluigi looks behind him, nods, and taps his foot once. Very detailed.
Wait3 - Waluigi puts one hand on his hip and pulls his mustache.
Win1 - Waluigi Jumps very high and lands, flat on his a$$.
Win2 - Waluigi falls from the sky and lands on the ground, crouching, and looks like he's talking.
Win3 - Waluigi Falls on the ground from sky-high, gets up, and acts dizzy.

Download
Version 3 - http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=20095&Moderated=All&facebook=true (Brawlvault)
No separate gct file required! Just place the files in the ToonLink folder, and add the CSS files where they go if you know how.

Older Version Videos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2Qf_DXjjZA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRzpNJ3_NUw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TD-6flcw7QI

Maverick-Pro

Smash Apprentice
To fix the item glitch, just use the Bone Adder tool to give him as many bones as Toon Link.

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
false, it's not that easy to fix the item grab glitch. you have to have more original bones than the replaced characters first HaveN bone, which Doublek642 does mention. the bone adder adds filler bones. besides, Waluigi has 31 original bones and 82 total bones right now.

doublek642

Smash Apprentice
Sorry, no video yet. Youtube said there was an error.
ugh, I always have to upload my videos twice.
oh, and dark link we'll be glad to have your help.

Edit: video up

Marioking64DS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Marioking64DS
MAHAHA i like i like =)

with the Animations i can tell you guys why i made them like what they are!

like Down Taunt : it was based of this

F-air - was base off Mario and Luigi's F-air in SSB64
Up-Smash - was base off Wario's
Up-B - was Base off Wario's
Up-Title - was base off hit a block form Mario Party :laugh:

Side-B and Down-B where not finished at the time of showing
Side-B was going to be Waluigi Swim,Swim form Mario Power Tennis and Down-B was going to be sticking a Amp Sticker on the ground form Mario Party 4

the shield rolls where base off when he had the ball in Mario strikers charged football where he did a Dark Fire Teleport then reappeared

one of the unfinished Win was his winning pose in the Mario Party games

but yeah i WAS make a PSA my self =P
but since you have started i guess i can help (thats if you want me to)

ALSO with the Side-Title if you had renamed RHaveN to Racket it would have worked

in the future im hoping we can get Waluigi ported to Pit, so a Toon Link port for Pit is what im say cause so then Waluigi can have his own Theme and Icon without messing with Link and etc

i shall start more animations ASAP!

HAPPY TO WORK ON A CHARACTER WHAT SHOULD OF BEEN IN BRAWL!!!!

doublek642

Smash Apprentice
MAHAHA i like i like =)

with the Animations i can tell you guys why i made them like what they are!

like Down Taunt : it was based of this

F-air - was base off Mario and Luigi's F-air in SSB64
Up-Smash - was base off Wario's
Up-B - was Base off Wario's
Up-Title - was base off hit a block form Mario Party :laugh:

Side-B and Down-B where not finished at the time of showing
Side-B was going to be Waluigi Swim,Swim form Mario Power Tennis and Down-B was going to be sticking a Amp Sticker on the ground form Mario Party 4

the shield rolls where base off when he had the ball in Mario strikers charged football where he did a Dark Fire Teleport then reappeared

one of the unfinished Win was his winning pose in the Mario Party games

but yeah i WAS make a PSA my self =P
but since you have started i guess i can help (thats if you want me to)

ALSO with the Side-Title if you had renamed RHaveN to Racket it would have worked

in the future im hoping we can get Waluigi ported to Pit, so a Toon Link port for Pit is what im say cause so then Waluigi can have his own Theme and Icon without messing with Link and etc

i shall start more animations ASAP!

HAPPY TO WORK ON A CHARACTER WHAT SHOULD OF BEEN IN BRAWL!!!!
Thats awesome. And there is no "RHaveN" Yeah some animations didn't work with moves (Up b and side b animations moved but were supposed to stay in place) so I had to remove frames until he did the remaining frames without moving. And for some moves I just completely made them up. That being said, could you make a Waluigi-Kicking type animation? Like when he kicks a soccer ball into the goal in "Charged"? (Since the kicking animation I used just in his side-b doesn't really look...Waluigi-ish). Also, I've received thousands of requests for the crotch chop animation. So please make that one before people kill me. (Seriously, someone told me I should go to hell! :confused:) Also, I need a "ground pound" animation for his down b. (Make it like in Mario Party).

toddtj

Smash Apprentice
:D
It's about time Waluigi got some love, again!

I have to be honest, I don't like a lot of the attacks, but I know that many of them are just place holders and that none of them are sincerely finished.
I like your ideas for forward air and down smash and I really like that Waluigi sort of "glides" on his way to face planting from his up-b.
I also really appreciate that you took the time to use all custom and Waluigi animations; some of them look really nice :p

My only real concern is that you've chosen to hide Waluigi's history in games. For example, while I really like that he doesn't have the tennis racket stuck to his hand at all times, I dislike that you removed it, completely. I really liked the idea of it being a large part of his offense to pay homage to his debut in Mario Tennis. In my opinion, forward smash, forward tilt and backair would be a perfect fit for racket attacks.

I'm going to be busy with college finals and visiting family for the next few weeks, but sometime in the near future I'd like to make a more tangible contribution to this project. When/if I do, I'll post it here and you can decide if you're interested in including it, or not.

Keep up the great work!

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
very nice but why toonlink i usually wouldn't care because i can have 2 different psa's on 1 char but now it's between waluigi and geno so im gonna have to get rid of geno

toddtj

Smash Apprentice
very nice but why toonlink i usually wouldn't care because i can have 2 different psa's on 1 char but now it's between waluigi and geno so im gonna have to get rid of geno
Why not have Waluigi and Geno, instead of Toonlink? Personally, I think toonlink was the perfect choice to remove from the roster.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
"expecting a good brawl character? Too bad waluigi time! WAAAAAH!"
but he is good character anyway x3

saw in OP that item freeze and attacked by everyone on staged.
I have some thought to fix it, they are not official yet. just some idea D:

but I need the "original" model with no extra bones to make it work D:

anivernage

Smash Apprentice
"expecting a good brawl character? Too bad waluigi time! WAAAAAH!"
but he is good character anyway x3

saw in OP that item freeze and attacked by everyone on staged.
I have some thought to fix it, they are not official yet. just some idea D:

but I need the "original" model with no extra bones to make it work D:
you could use the assist trophy model

toddtj

Smash Apprentice
......you haven't played those games have you
I've played windwaker and am a bit of a fanboy for SMRPG. Are those are the games you're referring to?

On the contrary, Toon Link is one of my favourite characters.
We have a difference of opinion- I don't necessarily find Toonlink "unfun" to play as, but I'm severely disappointed in the extreme lack of effort Nintendo put into making him a unique character; because of this, he's number one of my list of character to change/replace.

Hmm.... Why not make his UpB a variation of his Waluigi Tornado?
You can just change the graphic effects and make it function like TL's UpB.
As long as the attack looks and feels unique, this could be a good idea. What would you think about the move suspending Waluigi in the air for its duration and only raising him when the player mashes B(like Luigi's down-b)? When on the ground, the move can move Waluigi left and right, but very slowly, as opposed to Luigi's up-b on the ground.

doublek642

Smash Apprentice
:D
My only real concern is that you've chosen to hide Waluigi's history in games. For example, while I really like that he doesn't have the tennis racket stuck to his hand at all times, I dislike that you removed it, completely. I really liked the idea of it being a large part of his offense to pay homage to his debut in Mario Tennis. In my opinion, forward smash, forward tilt and backair would be a perfect fit for racket attacks.
Don't worry, I have an idea for the racket. But I'll have to wait until someone could fix the item grabbing freeze. Also, the bobomb is a huge history. But again, I need to wait for the fix of the item grabbing freeze.

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
yes needs moar bombs, but please don't make any attacks that just give him one that would be way too powerful make the bomb react different in the attack

doublek642

Smash Apprentice
He either always has the racket or never has it. I can't get him to only have it out on certain attacks.

Edit: I know what to do now. I got the idea to change the scale to zero on the animations manually. If the hex is one, you see it on that animation. if it's zero, it becomes invisible.

Marioking64DS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Marioking64DS
Hmm.... Why not make his UpB a variation of his Waluigi Tornado?
You can just change the graphic effects and make it function like TL's UpB.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v23tG6YgOuE&feature=related
It's at 0:21.
well i actually made the Up-B a variation of Wario's Corkscrew but i had it in mind more like a Luigi like Attack (hit the sweetspot its K.Oable and the others hits do nothing as much...)

also doublek642

can you make the B move more of a Pushing move then a damaging Move
cause in the animation he is yelling WAA! and sorry if im being rude or pushy but thats why i made that animation.....

doublek642

Smash Apprentice
well i actually made the Up-B a variation of Wario's Corkscrew but i had it in mind more like a Luigi like Attack (hit the sweetspot its K.Oable and the others hits do nothing as much...)

also doublek642

can you make the B move more of a Pushing move then a damaging Move
cause in the animation he is yelling WAA! and sorry if im being rude or pushy but thats why i made that animation.....
I think that a damaging move suits it more. It's wacky, and funny, and the WAA would actually make the damage more suiting. Also, it requires a bit of good timing to hit people with it, so the damage makes it more rewarding.

Marioking64DS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Marioking64DS
I think that a damaging move suits it more. It's wacky, and funny, and the WAA would actually make the damage more suiting. Also, it requires a bit of good timing to hit people with it, so the damage makes it more rewarding.
alrighty then but make it Darkness not Fire and more range (you take Damage if you stand in front of him and if you touch him)

aslo can i help with the PSA :)

doublek642

Smash Apprentice
I finished making his version 2 moveset...and now he gets hit by anywhere on the stage. But it's a bit weirder than that. He gets hit from anywhere on players 3 or 4. But he get's hit from anywhere UNDER him on players 1 or 2. :(

Oh, and darksonic. That's not how you fix the grab freeze it's how you fix the item HOLDING glitch on the models that DONT have the grab freeze. The irony is thats the exact thread I looked at last night.

Edit: Ok, snoopy I was able to point out that the "getting hit by anywhere on the stage" glitch is a problem with the motionetc file. It's a problem with the animations. (You probably already knew that. XD)

doublek642

Smash Apprentice
I fixed the "getting hit by anywhere on the screen" glitch on players 1 and 4. It still happens to players 2 and 3. So, players 1 and 4 can be Waluigi. I'll release version 2 in a little while. DarkSonic, could you PM me the files to Wa's recolors? They'll be included in version 2 (with your credit, of course).

Exodecai101

Smash Apprentice
I was offering to try my best for voiceovers for Waluigi in the other project that was going on for him. I'm still willing to do it if you guys want :), here's what I do with Waluigi heh, that is of course once it's possible to do sound replacement

http://www.youtube.com/waludecai

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
Some animation/PSA suggestions:

Neutral or forward air. Please. This would be hilarious, it looks straight out of the matrix. You could just make it a quick midair kick or you could go all out like in the video and have a sweet spot where time will stop for a second like with the knee.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAGmV5PfMcA

There are weird purple vines he has control over in the strikers games. No reason not to incorporate these into the moveset.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQFhvyRvsLs&feature=fvst(maybe mute the music on this one ;))

In Mario Hoops 3-on-3, Waluigi displayed the ability to swim through the air (breast stroke of course) Why not give Waluigi multiple midair jumps this way, especially if you're planning on moving him to Pit? :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odsrlEadg7c

You commit a cardinal sin by not including the crotch chop as a taunt. I really like the taunts he has, but might I suggest turning the weird bendy one into an attack to make room for this?:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6CLfZl0m88&feature=related

Whirluigi would make a great special or even a final smash(0:30): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPavHOoLBa4

Also, in general all of his animations need to be more fluid. This is probably to early for me to be splitting hairs about this but things don't seem to flow from one movement to the next. Now Wario is kind of like this, so maybe that's what you're going for. Also, it's a cool idea to have him divebomb when he goes into helpless freefall, but it looks really weird to have him land on his face and then be instantly back on his feet.

Hope this helps you guys out. :) I'm really excited to see how it all turns out.

Fen__

Smash Ace
The "crotch chop" is just an old entertainment wrestling thing one of the actors did. It's not actually something of Waluigi's. I like the idea of incorporating swimming through the air in some way (although not necessarily in extra jumps). I'm pretty indifferent to the other things.

Top Bottom