• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Waluigi VERSION 3!!!

Marioking64DS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Marioking64DS
Some animation/PSA suggestions:

Neutral or forward air. Please. This would be hilarious, it looks straight out of the matrix. You could just make it a quick midair kick or you could go all out like in the video and have a sweet spot where time will stop for a second like with the knee.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAGmV5PfMcA

There are weird purple vines he has control over in the strikers games. No reason not to incorporate these into the moveset.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQFhvyRvsLs&feature=fvst(maybe mute the music on this one ;))

In Mario Hoops 3-on-3, Waluigi displayed the ability to swim through the air (breast stroke of course) Why not give Waluigi multiple midair jumps this way, especially if you're planning on moving him to Pit? :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odsrlEadg7c

You commit a cardinal sin by not including the crotch chop as a taunt. I really like the taunts he has, but might I suggest turning the weird bendy one into an attack to make room for this?:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6CLfZl0m88&feature=related

Whirluigi would make a great special or even a final smash(0:30): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPavHOoLBa4

Also, in general all of his animations need to be more fluid. This is probably to early for me to be splitting hairs about this but things don't seem to flow from one movement to the next. Now Wario is kind of like this, so maybe that's what you're going for. Also, it's a cool idea to have him divebomb when he goes into helpless freefall, but it looks really weird to have him land on his face and then be instantly back on his feet.

Hope this helps you guys out. :) I'm really excited to see how it all turns out.
thanks for finding all this now i dont have to search for them :laugh:

and it will me easyer for me to make the animations =P

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
You don't need a code. Riivolution lets you load a custom sound effects file. It really doesn't matter who the character is over as long as it works.

doublek642

Smash Apprentice
Why did you change the hat emblem on the Mario and Wario waluigi recolors?
I've been wondering the same. I didn't make the recolors, though. So, ask dark sonic. Also, the Mario costume is the only one with the changed emblem. But, I myself think that all the costumes should have the Waluigi emblem like the other characters.

Boo Mansion

Smash Apprentice
Several of his moves are still fillers, correct? I don't think his neutral special fits him. It just seems like a lame filler to me. Also, what is with the random fire moves? That should probably be fixed. You don't see Mario, Luigi or Wario with random fire moves.

But anyway, for his specials... How about something like this:

Neutral Special: Bob-omb (not one as strong as the item though)
Forward Special: Tennis Racket (This could also deflect projectiles like Ness' bat)
Up Special: Whirluigi
Down Special: ???

Final Smash: Wall-Luigi?

I'm not sure what could be used for his down special, but I'm sure we could all think of something.

Also a suggestion, how about we make his nair a sex kick like Mario and Luigi's? Wario has the sex kick as his fair, so I think Waluigi should have the sex kick somewhere in his move set too. Sex kicks are awesome anyway.

But overall, this is very impressive. It's nice to see Waluigi is finally back on track and no longer forced to being restricted to an alloy. The animations are looking very nice as well. His uair, fair and bair all look great, I like the use of his long legs in those moves.

Keep up the good work, I hope my suggestions help in making Waluigi even better! =) If I think of anything else, I'll be sure to post it.

doublek642

Smash Apprentice
Several of his moves are still fillers, correct? I don't think his neutral special fits him. It just seems like a lame filler to me. Also, what is with the random fire moves? That should probably be fixed. You don't see Mario, Luigi or Wario with random fire moves.

But anyway, for his specials... How about something like this:

Neutral Special: Bob-omb (not one as strong as the item though)
Forward Special: Tennis Racket (This could also deflect projectiles like Ness' bat)
Up Special: Whirluigi
Down Special: ???

Final Smash: Wall-Luigi?

I'm not sure what could be used for his down special, but I'm sure we could all think of something.

Also a suggestion, how about we make his nair a sex kick like Mario and Luigi's? Wario has the sex kick as his fair, so I think Waluigi should have the sex kick somewhere in his move set too. Sex kicks are awesome anyway.

But overall, this is very impressive. It's nice to see Waluigi is finally back on track and no longer forced to being restricted to an alloy. The animations are looking very nice as well. His uair, fair and bair all look great, I like the use of his long legs in those moves.

Keep up the good work, I hope my suggestions help in making Waluigi even better! =) If I think of anything else, I'll be sure to post it.
(Don't take this post personally, this is to everyone) He can't generate or pick up items right now. Do you really think we were going to end the project without a bob-omb move? Listen his down b is a filler. In the end, his down b will generate a bob-omb, his forward air will be changed, and his neutral special MIGHT be changed. (Personally, I think it suits Waluigi perfectly) Waluigi is obviously different from Mario and Luigi and he's the exact opposite of Wario. He is his own wacky character. He shouldn't be like the mario bros. at all, and he should be made in his own wacky way. And people, he's over ToonLink. At least for now. Don't you dare get mad and whine just because he's over a character that YOU didn't want to replace. WE made this project not you. I'm sorry if you find me being rude, but a lot of people here have been complaining and acting "disappointed" because he's over a certain character. We took the time to make him for all of you. So, don't go making complaints over who he's replacing. Suggestions and speaking your mind is fine. But, don't you dare complain because YOU didn't want him over ToonLink.

Boo Mansion

Smash Apprentice
Yes, I am aware he cannot pick up items right now. But I thought I would post some move ideas since there haven't been that many. The ideas were to be used for future reference and to be discussed. I'm not trying to make it sound demanding or like you aren't doing a great job. I'm just trying to help out with this project since I really like Waluigi and would love to see him turn out to be a great character.

But yes, I agree that Waluigi should have a wacky move set similar to how Wario does. But I also believe he really needs a sex kick.

Also, I don't have a problem with him over Toon Link. Sakurai basically just edited Link when he made him anyway. xD Better to replace a semi-clone than someone like Jigglypuff IMO.

Arikags

Smash Cadet
We have a difference of opinion- I don't necessarily find Toonlink "unfun" to play as, but I'm severely disappointed in the extreme lack of effort Nintendo put into making him a unique character; because of this, he's number one of my list of character to change/replace.
XD
So true, but personally, he's more worth keeping than Link himself.
For those who are fans of Toon Link but not Link, is it possible to replace Link with Toon Link Dark Link(PSA hack)?

Marioking64DS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Marioking64DS
alrighty im here with some thing to show, sadly no new animation :(
not yet anyway...

i have made texture of my own to give to the life of this project and also some CSP to go with the Textures and also a Select Icon

and here are some in game shots

Normal

Red

Blue

Fire(White)

Green

Wario

i hope you like them i had worked on them for abit
links will be up tomorrow (my time)

also i have been making animation but nothing to show of yet :chuckle:
and double PM me what you have sofar for V3 mah would like to know

doublek642

Smash Apprentice
Yes, I am aware he cannot pick up items right now. But I thought I would post some move ideas since there haven't been that many. The ideas were to be used for future reference and to be discussed. I'm not trying to make it sound demanding or like you aren't doing a great job. I'm just trying to help out with this project since I really like Waluigi and would love to see him turn out to be a great character.

But yes, I agree that Waluigi should have a wacky move set similar to how Wario does. But I also believe he really needs a sex kick.

Also, I don't have a problem with him over Toon Link. Sakurai basically just edited Link when he made him anyway. xD Better to replace a semi-clone than someone like Jigglypuff IMO.
That post was towards everyone, not you.

doublek642

Smash Apprentice
i hope you like them i had worked on them for abit
links will be up tomorrow (my time)
Can you take out the racket on the CSP's? Also, please do not release them yet. PM them to me and I'll add them to the project's post and download. (I don't want this place to get unorganized)

doublek642

Smash Apprentice
Sorry for the triple post guys, but the video was deleted for copyright infringement by Adam Smith (this **** only happens to me). It should be back up in about 10 days unless he chooses to sue me in court within that time...for a ****ing Waluigi video. It could still be seen on the kittycorp thread, though.

And dirtboy, I thought this deserved it's own post. Do you really think I don't know how to edit posts? Get over yourself.

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
you didn't have to quote that entire post also there IS an edit button also you just censor dodged

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Sorry for the triple post guys, but the video was deleted for copyright infringement by Adam Smith (this **** only happens to me). It should be back up in about 10 days unless he chooses to sue me in court within that time...for a ****ing Waluigi video. It could still be seen on the kittycorp thread, though.

And dirtboy, I thought this deserved it's own post. Do you really think I don't know how to edit posts?
Why is Youtube being gay? >.>

Orange Yoda

Smash Rookie
My doesn't work right... It gets affected by attacks happening half way accross the stage.

doublek642

Smash Apprentice
My doesn't work right... It gets affected by attacks happening half way accross the stage.
Read the first post, It says that he's tends to do that when he is players 1, 2, or 3. Just put your controller in the 4th slot and you'll be good to go.

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
hurtbox problem?

what hurtbox peoblem?

http://www.mediafire.com/?4rakcb7d9wv2zc5

oh, and i fixed the shield as well.

the shield is a little low, but that's because it was made for Toon Link, and Waluigi is just a little taller than TL, obviously.

i love Tabuu/OpenSA3. and i would've done this a while ago, but Tabuu couldn't open the FitToonLink.pac file, so i had to hex it myself.

Edit: oh, and i just remembered, if you don't want Waluigi on Toon Link, i can actually put him over any character. Tabuu can change where Brawl looks for certain bones, so we're no longer limited to the 'oh, the model has a TransN of 2, therefore you must replace someone that also has a TransN of 2'. so if you want, i can put Waluigi over anyone you want. the only problem would be that you'd have to re-do the PSA... again.

Marioking64DS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Marioking64DS

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
how convenient, i made Waluigi over Pit for someone just a few days ago,

http://www.mediafire.com/?4rb5yondlsc4ehe

though it's a clean PSA, so Waluigi will still fight just like Pit. but it actually works strangely well. the problem is that it will mess up the rest of the costume slots, but should be file otherwise.

and i could do it with the current PSA as well, the probel would then be porting the animations over. it wouldn't take too long, but i'm not going to do it unless Doublek642 wants to move the project to Pit.

yeah, i don't know why Tabuu couldn't open the current PSA for Waluigi. so i used the info that Tabuu showed and hexed it myself. i guess it's a good thing i know a bit about hex.

Marioking64DS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Marioking64DS
how convenient, i made Waluigi over Pit for someone just a few days ago,

http://www.mediafire.com/?4rb5yondlsc4ehe

though it's a clean PSA, so Waluigi will still fight just like Pit. but it actually works strangely well. the problem is that it will mess up the rest of the costume slots, but should be file otherwise.

and i could do it with the current PSA as well, the probel would then be porting the animations over. it wouldn't take too long, but i'm not going to do it unless Doublek642 wants to move the project to Pit.

yeah, i don't know why Tabuu couldn't open the current PSA for Waluigi. so i used the info that Tabuu showed and hexed it myself. i guess it's a good thing i know a bit about hex.
well not to talk for Double or take over but making Waluigi over Pit would be the best choice mainly cos Pit as his own Icon and own theme what can be replaced without editing any one else's

plus remember reading in the old Waluigi topic, Waluigi was wanted to be over Pit at one point

and i dont like Pit :laugh:

edit: Also Thanks Snoopy your the best!

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
please move it to pit i don't see any pit replacement characters but there are toon link ones

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Sweetness. You win the Internet if you can port Wa over Pit.

I can finally have BSZ's Tetra hack back and have Wa vs. Tetra. :D

doublek642

Smash Apprentice
Snoopy, thanks for fixing the problem. Although, I have updated waluigi (ToonLink voices deleted and less fire moves), but haven't uploaded the new files. Would I be able to just replace the misc file in the new pac with the one in the fixed pac?

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
uh, go ahead and pm me the file and i'll hex it. i kinda figured you'd have a more updated one, but i wanted to show off a bit :laugh:

kangaroogreen

Smash Ace
Seroiusly!? are those really the csp's, ID and super jpg'd name!?
No, this project is too good.

When I get the time, i'll make some proper ones.
They'll all be dripping with awesomeness and filled with an amazing filling.

maybe even stock icons :)

doublek642

Smash Apprentice
Seroiusly!? are those really the csp's, ID and super jpg'd name!?
No, this project is too good.

When I get the time, i'll make some proper ones.
They'll all be dripping with awesomeness and filled with an amazing filling.

maybe even stock icons :)
New csps and icon have already been made, just not released yet. And whats wrong with the name? It looks fine and used actual in-game letters!

kangaroogreen

Smash Ace
New csps and icon have already been made, just not released yet. And whats wrong with the name? It looks fine and used actual in-game letters!
But it looks like it was stretched to fit the image. :(

and i'm almost done everything so, kinda wish you reply'd earlier. :ohwell:
eh, you mind if I post them anyways? just to see if you like them better than the ones you have now.

Edit: well at least I finished them :D
I guess you guys can give me the OK to make the stock icons and in-game pics if you want.

anyway, here you go.

And btw, you didn't upload wario costume waluigi to mediafire, just some weird yellow and red waluigi.

doublek642

Smash Apprentice
But it looks like it was stretched to fit the image. :(

and i'm almost done everything so, kinda wish you reply'd earlier. :ohwell:
eh, you mind if I post them anyways? just to see if you like them better than the ones you have now.

Edit: well at least I finished them :D
I guess you guys can give me the OK to make the stock icons and in-game pics if you want.

anyway, here you go.

It wasn't stretched, the original size is used and fits perfectly. Doesn't look stretched at all. And I replyed just now because I just got home from school. GREAT ICON!!! Way better. Also, the wario waluigi isnt supposed to have a W. idk why the costumer put an M on the Mario one if there isnt a W on the Wario one.

Top Bottom