• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rock Paper Scissors :: Edmonton, AB :: August 14, 2010

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
Singles Pools
Pool 1
Fiji
Kyle
Kuraudo

Pool 2
Alphicans
Lime

Pool 3
Killock
Teh Icy
victra♥
Pyre

Pool 4
Frio
Arsenal
Chaos

Singles
1: Alphicans :falco:/:metaknight:/:gw: ($84.00)
2: Fiji :metaknight:/:snake:($42.00)
3: Killock :marth:/:metaknight:/:snake:($14.00)
4: Lime :snake:/:metaknight:
5: Frio :olimar:
5: Arsenal :zelda:/:metaknight:
7: Kyle :metaknight:
7: Chaos :falco:/:marth:
9: Teh Icy :dedede:
9: Kuraudo :ike:
9: Age :diddy:/:lucario:
9: victra♥ :gw:
13: Yoshara :wolf:
13: Pyre :wario:

Doubles
1: Northside til we Die (Killock + Fiji) ($84.00)
2: Betas of Breakfast Justice (Kuraudo + Lime) ($42.00)
3: Luke is a Fatass (Alphicans + Frio) ($14.00)
4: Jamie Bieber (Arsenal + Chaos)
5: Melee Guys (Dragonz + James)
5: Team Icy Age (Teh Icy + Age)
7: Anything (Kyle + Stephen)

I hope I got everyone's characters right, although im pretty sure I messed up something, let me know what I missed or accidentally added

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Good timing with the results thread lol
Just got back from work 10 mins ago.

Mike W did you not enter? Or did you not even go haha

Was expecting to see a larger turnout .__.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Mike W is in Calgary lol. Teams was a disaster....
Would you like some more salt for that wound? jk, thanks for the MM. Close one at the end there.

I only went Ike in Singles.

I went Sonic & Ike both in Doubles.

Man, all of my matches I enjoyed. They were all fights that could go either way. Too bad that in pools on the final tie breaker was the one that I had to lose twice.

lilseph

Smash Ace
Would you like some more salt for that wound? jk, thanks for the MM. Close one at the end there.

I only went Ike in Singles.

I went Sonic & Ike both in Doubles.

Man, all of my matches I enjoyed. They were all fights that could go either way. Too bad that in pools on the final tie breaker was the one that I had to lose twice.
lol i was worried the whole time, i figured i was going to be the one that lost both times.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
You've gotten a lot better and there's nowhere to go but up from here.

Also, get at IKE.

[EDIT]

Shoutouts later! I'll fill them out at Keith's place or something.

T-block

B2B TST
LOL get ***** lethbridge

nicely done kyle - i'm impressed

brandon sticking with ike - also impressed

ALVIN grats on second

chaos using falco o.o

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Lots of fun! n_n You guys are all amazingly good; the skill level is consistent amongst you all. Shoutouts:

Age: Blah, you know everything already. I dig that we lost to the same people so we can call ourselves equal.

Alphicans: Cute friendlies. I really dig the Falco and you're very precise with all aspects of the game and movement, etc. Grats on winning dude.

Arsenal: You have a very similar style of play with Zelda as Age which was fun to face. I still find it silly you don't team with your bro more often.

Chaos: To be honest, I forgot Jungle Japes was legal, so my ban was stupid, but I didn't want to say anything. Very nice Falco, and I caught the rest of you against Age, so I got to see your nice Marth too. Thanks for hosting, it was really well organized and nice. Also thanks for giving Lethbridge a lot of Byes. <3

Dragonz: Cool to meet you, though I know you're a Melee player.

Fiji: Nice MK and teams friendlies were fun. ^_^

Frio: Dig the Olimar, dig the Pikachu and dig that you can **** without MK. Legit.

James: We didn't talk much, but the teams friendlies were fun.

KillL0ck: WAY better than T-Block; even your Link ***** me. =) Thanks for all the pointers and dealing with my n00bishness. Lots of fun at Brandon's. I hope you do well in EC Canada. <3

Kuraudo: ****** with Ike is silly. Thanks for hosting me and Age and being fun. Too bad we didn't get to do DDD vs Ike/Sonic though, but playing your other characters were fun. Thanks dude. =D

Kyle: You and Chaos kind of ***** both me and Age, but it's all cool. Thanks for the fun at Brandon's and good job placing 7th. =)

Lime: We didn't play much outside of the team set, but it was cool meeting you. I would suggest adding an extra style to your gameplay, because I felt that you play very one-dimensionally and at your age and your abilities already, you have a ton of potential to be a top player. Grats on 2nd in teams, but you barely beat Lethbridge. ;D

t3h Icy: ****.

Victra: O hai thar. Nice to see you pop by and we got to play. =)

Yoshara: Really nice Wolf. It's fun to see people rock with mid tiers, but you've got a long road to become an amazing player. Use your resources you have available to become one.

Overall, it was a fun experience, but me and Age both decided to retire after this tournament. We both really dislike MK and seeing that the top half are all MK (except Frio since he's legit) and the bottom half aren't, it's pretty painful. Of course though, we also aren't able to travel much and don't have the time to dedicate into the game like you guys do. Our characters also don't seem viable and we'll likely be falling further behind as time passes. It is nice that we received Byes in Doubles and Singles, so we didn't get dead last, despite not winning a set (excluding Pools) and it's a nice way to close out since me and Age both lost to the same people and placed the same rank. Mystic and Jber both share our opinions that Brawl is a really broken game and isn't made to be played competitively, though we will still play with a "play to win" mentality when we hang out, but we are dropping out of the competitive scene.

We tried our best and we had a lot of fun to say the least, but competitive Smash isn't for us.

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
LOL get ***** lethbridge

nicely done kyle - i'm impressed

brandon sticking with ike - also impressed

ALVIN grats on second

chaos using falco o.o
haha well i started picking up falco (i could count the number of times i've played as him on one hand before this tourney though haha) and he seemed good enough to pull out in the tourney so i did and he helped me win a couple sets!
once i actually start putting some legit time into practicing SHDL and other techs and stuff you better watch out, there's another set of seagull biceps on this scene

Lots of fun! n_n You guys are all amazingly good; the skill level is consistent amongst you all.

We tried our best and we had a lot of fun to say the least, but competitive Smash isn't for us.
that's too bad you guys were a LOT of fun, but i guess you just need a certain mindset to enjoy brawl competitively (and also the time to dedicate to it as well). Glad you guys came out and I hope your last tourney here with us was worth it!

P.S. make sure u remember to post a link to one of ur songs age! i really wanna hear ur band!

1: Alphicans: good **** as usual luke, hopefully i can learn a few things from ur falco to put into mine
2: Fiji: epic matches in grand finals those were so hype!
3: Killock: haha thanks for the friendlies, spike to ledge spike to spike again is a legit combo as snake! haha
4: Lime: good job bieber, now do the same thing in melee tomorrow
5: Frio: jamie is becoming ur nemesis haha, that snake matchup must be worse than MK.... haha
5: Arsenal: thanks for teaming with me in doubles we did pretty good, although we need to practice hitting each other less haha, but we had some pretty sick team combos!
7: Kyle: we never did our MM....
7: Chaos:.....
9: Teh Icy: good games man, if only you lived closer and didn't have to travel so far but im glad you guys came out, also i didn't plan to give lethbridge byes haha, thats just the way the bracket turned out haha
9: Kuraudo: good friendlies, ur ike is pretty legit, although i hope to see sonic again in singles soon
9: Age: good games with you we had sooooooooooooo many close games, definately my favorite matches of the day
9: victra♥: we also never did our MM.... haha
13: Yoshara: didn't get to see you much, maybe next time we'll face off, i enjoy playing ur wolf
13: Pyre: the only awwwww shiiiiitttt i heard was from rainbow cruise today instead of a clutch fart kill haha, good games though we should get some more practice in together at home, like actually practice instead of mindless playing games

brningpyre

Smash Lord
Overall, it was a fun experience, but me and Age both decided to retire after this tournament. We both really dislike MK and seeing that the top half are all MK (except Frio since he's legit) and the bottom half aren't, it's pretty painful. Of course though, we also aren't able to travel much and don't have the time to dedicate into the game like you guys do. Our characters also don't seem viable and we'll likely be falling further behind as time passes. It is nice that we received Byes in Doubles and Singles, so we didn't get dead last, despite not winning a set (excluding Pools) and it's a nice way to close out since me and Age both lost to the same people and placed the same rank. Mystic and Jber both share our opinions that Brawl is a really broken game and isn't made to be played competitively, though we will still play with a "play to win" mentality when we hang out, but we are dropping out of the competitive scene.

y u mad tho?

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I can understand why they'd never want to enter a tournament again. There's like no scene in lethbridge, so who could they possibly improve off of? Plus they'd have to travel all the way down here if they want to play in one, so I can understand. I hope you guys keep playing at lethbridge, and maybe next summer you guys can come down for another, just for the fun of it. Also, Age's character is definitely viable in tournament, he just needs to roll less and stuff (less predictable). I think he's good, and I was a bit surprised by who beat him (although both kyle and chaos have gotten quite a bit better), but if Age practiced on wifi or something I think he could come back and place that top5 Jamie predicted lol. Icy, you just need a new character, or you need to be a godly DDD. Alberta is too small of a scene with too many MKs for DDD to be useful, plus Jack, Dan and I all use falco, so you're pretty much ****ed no matter what. If you don't want to drop DDD, I can understand that, he's pretty bad ***, but it'd be the only way for you to have a chance at placing well here.

Just some shout-outs:

Fiji: I can't say I didn't see this coming. You've always came close to beating Jack in tournament, and finally it has happened. The 3-0 was surprising though, that's pretty ****.

Arsenal: Did Jack try MK dittos in Morinville? Either way, it seems both your bro and you know the snake match-up now, but your bro has snake for MK, and he's pretty good at it, so that's why he had better luck vs Jack? Idk, either way you gave Jack a run for his money and I was impressed. I never saw you as a threat to anyone, but now I can see you pulling off a few upsets in the future.

Jamie: **** crews lol. You're good, I just know how to vs snakes, especially ones with bad habits (no offense). Keep it up, or switch to MK or something, and maybe you'll come closer.

Chaos: SHDL is so easy LOL! That's a minor thing that you'll get down really fast. All I can suggest is that you change your x or y to special so IAP'ing is a lot faster and easier (not necessary, but that's what I do). Other than that, falco is all about getting the grab, and then just reading your opponent for massive damage. Falco racks it up so fast, you'll be amazed haha.

Hansel34

Smash Cadet
Awww, it would have been awesome if I could have went.

Anyways sad to see lethbridge retire =/.

Wow, top 7 had 6 MK's !

I'll fit right in ^.^.

Limeee

Smash Champion
lol luke, i know i have bad habits. its cool

and like mark, i am getting really bored of brawl
i was playing melee last night with a smile on my face the whole time

i dunno man

:009:

lilseph

Smash Ace
lol luke, i know i have bad habits. its cool

and like mark, i am getting really bored of brawl
i was playing melee last night with a smile on my face the whole time

i dunno man

:009:
melee was a lot of fun :D

we should play more together, i can tell your more technical than i am, you just dont do well in the marth vs fox MU. Im really good at that MU because thats really all i do in melee lol.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
LOL @ this MK dominance or whatever being pointed out as soon as I leave. -.-

I wish I could've made it for this one, even though attendance was just as low as the last time. -.-

:005:

lilseph

Smash Ace
Yah we def need more people, My 7th place doesn't look so good with only 13 people here lol (as brandon said)

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
We need BC to come down, and sask.
Or we go to them some time. I wouldn't mind a trip to BC once I've gotten some money once I land a job.

Or the East Coast. Then again, we've got West Edmonton Mall. We could spend a day or two there to make their stay even more awesome. Oh, and a night of laser tag, because I know this amazing place close to Grant MacEwan that I went to last time.

[EDIT]

At the end of this monthly, Stephan came to me and told me that soon enough as we meet in the bracket, he's going to beat me. "Just sayin'."

I have this strangest premonition that those words are going to be worth something soon... I refuse to let him beat me, but I expect Stephan to turn heads in a very short amount of time.

This is going to change from an eliminating Yoshara match in winners/losers to a rivalry.

Just like me and Jamie. He's 3-2 up on me in sets right now. I have one more to regain in our current skill level to tie up our bouts. Also, if you're wondering why it's not 3-1, Jamie, I remember the first time we ever fought at one of Aish's monthlies at Sou Kawaii. You were there with Wario and then Game & Watch and I defeated both of them back when you were starting out. It was about as one-sided as the one in December, but they still count. You've beaten me three times in a row now since then for when we meet up in the brackets.

Next monthly if we don't land a fight with each other in the bracket, we're going for a money match to bring our set counts to 3-3. Mad hype. I'm so excited!

--

I just went on a rant there for some reason and it became about Stephan and Jamie. LOL

You know what'd be really cool? If we created a rivalry chart of sorts (for the fun of it), like who competes with who and who has hyped battles. The ones I can think of right now are,

• Dan vs. Luke
• Luke vs. Jack
• Dan vs. Jack
• Brandon vs. Jamie
• Alvin vs. Kelvin (if I spelt the names wrong I'm sorry lol)

I wish I could say that I was a rival to the twins, but that would mean winning a set against them in bracket to make it more hype. The matches are always so close though.

So any other rivalries in our community that anyone can think of? Any that could build up and happen in the future?

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
BC would be cool to go to.

I personally wouldn't go there for brawl though haha

lilseph

Smash Ace
You know what'd be really cool? If we created a rivalry chart
lol, id be like 0-9 against Luke because i ALWAYS meet up with him in winners and he ALWAYS sends me into losers. But i see where you are coming from with this.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
My greatest rivalry is against lvl 9 MK. We've had sets at home. He's currently up 10-9. I'll even it up one day.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Hey yeah! There's that too!

I remember back in the day when your Pokémon Trainer really took the fight to him. It was always awesome to watch. I haven't seen your fights against him lately, but that'll change next monthly.

KillLock

Smash Lord
mike doesn't have a rivalry with me

he has a rivalry with my snake

loooool

Top Bottom