• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gotta know it all! Pt. 2: Pokemon stadium 2

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Gotta know it all! Pokemon

Okay, for another stage mechanics test, I present to you....

Pokemon Stadium 2 Analysis

To start off, i'll detail the 5 stages of Pokemon stadium (unfortunately, no images :():

Normal
Layout: One flat platform with two platforms above it.
Info: Nothing special, the simplest transformation.

Electricity
Layout: Has two conveyor belts near the edges on the stage, both rotating outward. The two platforms are replaced by three platforms in varying locations, either above the center of the stage, above either conveyor belt, or very high above the center of the stage.
Info: The conveyor belts on the left and right can either help you or hurt you. Remember, they move toward the outside of the stage.

Rock
Layout: The layout changes to a large mound of dirt and a hut built into a tall rock. The hut provides two platforms, the lower one being longer and curved, and the higher one being short and flat.
Info: The slope is the distinguishing factor of this stage. Use it to your advantage.

Ice
Layout: Long, flat platform with two platforms sloping inwards. Covered in ice.
Info: The slippery ice can either help you approach or help get away.

Wind
Layout: One long, slightly elevated platform. There is an updraft.
Info: The wind an seriously help air characters (like puff).

8-minute Timer

I color coded everything again.
Code:
White is normal
[COLOR="Yellow"]Yellow[/COLOR] is electricity
[COLOR="Sienna"]Sienna[/COLOR] is rock
[COLOR="Cyan"]Cyan[/COLOR] is ice
[COLOR="Silver"]Silver[/COLOR] is air
It also should be noted that the transitions start when the symbol starts to flash.

And now for the data:
Code:
8:00 [COLOR="Yellow"]7:15[/COLOR] 6:43 [COLOR="Cyan"]5:50[/COLOR] 5:14 [COLOR="Sienna"]4:18 [/COLOR]3:47 [COLOR="Silver"]2:52[/COLOR] 2:16 [COLOR="Cyan"]1:21[/COLOR] 0:46
My conclusion

From this data, I assume that the pattern works like this: random set of 4 transformations, however none will repeat. After that, it does a new set, and none of them will repeat.

Ex: red, blue, green, yellow, green, red, yellow, blue.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
No one's replied to this? T_T

Interesting things to note that I've realized the last couple of days:

Ice Climbers don't slide on the Ice.

Snake's up B moves very slowly and doesn't take him as far on the air transformation.

HaiWayne

Smash Cadet
This is good to know because after two transformation, you'll be able to know whats the fourth stage, may give a slight advantage. Thanks :]

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
@SGS

Ice climbers don't slide on ice. Period.

That cypher thing seems interesting, will have to try that out.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Well yeah, but the only other stage with ice is the mountain, no? Who plays that? Haha

Yeah, it was weird when that happened. Would probably hurt him a lot.

xatm092

Smash Apprentice
I find it funny that sliding on the ice is on the whole probably a good thing (it allows you to safely charge smashes while sliding in for example)

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Between this and BPC's thread, it seems a bit much. Isn't there some way to consolidate here? Yeah, I see the threads have a different focus, and each gives its own stuff.

Top Bottom