• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stylin on Ya 3 @ RIT September 11th

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
RIT PRESENTS: Stylin on Ya! 3!

-Hosted by Sheth,
Pyro
And vviewers players like you!
DETAILS:

• [*]Location: Rochester Institute of Technology, Fireside Lounge. Located in building 3, the campus center. For those who've attended tournaments here before, it was the room adjacent to the one that EGS ran in the tiny room and kicked us out of watching matches last year. Call me if you're on campus and cannot find the building.
    [*]Contact: AIM: Shethblade
    Email: shethblade@gmail.com
    Phone: 240 - 888 - 0296 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************240 - 888 - 0296******end_of_the_skype_highlighting (Prefer electronic communication prior to day of event)
    [*]Price: 5$ per event (melee & brawl singles and doubles), no venue fee.
================================================

EVENTS
I'll be going with most of our usual. Brawl and Melee singles for sure, 5$ entry for each.

I require preferably six teams for melee or brawl doubles in any event. If we meet these numbers, there will be doubles. I don't doubt this happening; there's mad hype for this weekend.
=======================================================
TIMING
We'll be gathering starting at about 1PM. Be there early for friendlies / MM, and to sign up; I'll be wanting to start brackets at 2, but will hold til 2:15 if I'm aware of someone that's right around the corner. That said, make sure you call me if you're running late. And humor me with an excuse so I'm not mad. (I won't be anyway.)

RULESETS:
MELEE RULESET

Stage List

Singles

Starter Stage List:

* Dream Land: Fountain of Dreams
* Past Stages: Dream Land
* Special Stages: Final Destination
* Special Stages: Battlefield
* Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story

Counter Stage List:

* Kanto: Pokemon Stadium
* Planet Zebes: Brinstar
* Mushroom Kingdom: Rainbow Cruise
* Past Stages: Kongo Jungle

ALL OTHER STAGES ARE BANNED.

General Rules

* Items are set to off.
* 4 Stocks
* 8 minute time limit
* All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)
* In the event of any dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
* The Tournament Host is the arbiter of all disputes.
* Blind Picks: If requested, players can request that both players pick their characters blind, meaning that both will not have prior knowledge of the other's character.
* Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick a stage he or she has previously won on unless agreed upon by both players.
* Gentleman's clause: any stage may be played on so long as both players and the Tournament Host agree to it, including banned stages. This can be used in tandem with the Modified Dave's Stupid Rule (MDSR).
* Timed out matches will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, replay that match. Any Sudden Death match is strictly not to be played.

Redwood Counter Pick System

1. Characters are selected (a blind pick may be requested)
2. Stage Striking: Players eliminate stages from the Starter Stage List until only 1 remains, and the players then play the first match on that stage. Players strike stages in 1 2 2 1 order.
3. The first match is played.
4. Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage.
5. The losing player of preceding match picks stage for the next match.
6. The winning player of preceding match picks character.
7. The losing player picks character.
8. The next match is played.
9. Repeat 4-8 for all consecutive matches as necessary until the set is complete.

-----
BRAWL RULESET

Stage Lists

Starter Stages

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 1
Castle Siege

Counterpick Stages

Halberd
Brinstar
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Pictochat
Rainbow Cruise

ALL OTHER STAGES ARE BANNED

General rules:

* 3 Stocks
* 8 minute time limit
* Items are set to "off" and "none"
* All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)
* In the event of any dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
* Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick a stage he or she has previously won on unless agreed upon by both players.
* Gentleman's clause: any stage may be played on so long as both players and the Tournament Host agree to it, including banned stages. This can be used in tandem with the Modified Dave's Stupid Rule (MDSR).
* The Tournament Host is the arbiter of all disputes.
* Timed out matches will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, replay that match. Any Sudden Death match is strictly not to be played.
* Ledge grab rule: Regarding timed out matches, check ledge grabs for each character. If either character goes above 45, the one with less grabs wins.
* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw (forward+B) and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.
* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
* Stalling is banned. Stalling is defined The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is.
* No use of Marth’s Grab Release Infinites against Lucas and Ness.
* No use of King Dedede’s Standing Grab Infinites against Bowser, Donkey Kong, Luigi, Samus, and Mario.
* No use of Meta Knight’s Infinite Cape Glitch.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
Yeah, melee ruleset I pulled from another thread, thought it was legit, but guess not. I'mma fixin it.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
use the pound 4 ruleset and wobbling should be legal

also, THIS is the one in september? is syracuse having one in oct? I def can't make this one =(

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
This is the one in september. Beta, you mean a melee ruleset? I'm going to delegate melee rulings to pyro, honestly; I'm simply not knowledgeable enough to make the rulings, so I simply posted one to start with from a past tourney. If the terms changed, take it up with pyro and he'll revise as needed.

-Also, regarding the pretty wildly different brawl:
Yeah, I know seven neutral is really weird, but it makes the striking in the first round pretty different, and I think supports the character diversity in the region, so it might be nice to try on a tournament that isn't drawing lot of people from out-of-area. It's a one-time shot at trying it. If it ends up really bad, I'll know from now on, but, I don't think it'll be nearly as bad as suspected if we give it a shot.

-Oh, and I love japes. Yeah, even with falco. Not that we have a lot of falco players in the reigon, but, I just enjoy the course.

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
->Implying you're any less interested than the usual tourney. Cmon, you want the money. Just don't bring your bad game and challenge cura for the dough like the good ol' days.

CMOOOOOON.
Actually, that said, I'd like friendlies against you a bit too, try and see how I've improved. But, that's just a maybe, sometime, if I don't fight ya in bracket anywho, or before then. We'll see.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
This is the one in september. Beta, you mean a melee ruleset? I'm going to delegate melee rulings to pyro, honestly; I'm simply not knowledgeable enough to make the rulings, so I simply posted one to start with from a past tourney. If the terms changed, take it up with pyro and he'll revise as needed.

-Also, regarding the pretty wildly different brawl:
Yeah, I know seven neutral is really weird, but it makes the striking in the first round pretty different, and I think supports the character diversity in the region, so it might be nice to try on a tournament that isn't drawing lot of people from out-of-area. It's a one-time shot at trying it. If it ends up really bad, I'll know from now on, but, I don't think it'll be nearly as bad as suspected if we give it a shot.

-Oh, and I love japes. Yeah, even with falco. Not that we have a lot of falco players in the reigon, but, I just enjoy the course.
said it already mang

everyone can dig pound 4 ruleset. wobbling legal.

Dr. Grandpa

Smash Ace
is san comin for this?? can someone get snakeee to here too... that would make brawl dubz happen

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
1. Ill take up that offer moss, but if its only a dollar id rather we only do one match.

2. san is coming, and teaming with me. Snakeee is not, and would be teaming with me if he did.

3. I agree with pound 4 rules for melee, wobbling is amazing and should always be legal.

4. Through rigorous testing in syracuse, i believe we have determined port town aero dive to be a fully competant and acceptable counterpick stage for brawl.

MCmaniacDBR

Smash Apprentice
1. Ill take up that offer moss, but if its only a dollar id rather we only do one match.
Dependin on the people I was gonna raise the price but like i said in the social i really wanna MM everyone at the first tourney. I was gonna do Bo3's for a dollar is that what you meant? or one single round?

Also

BRAWL RULESET

Stage Lists

Starter Stages

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 1
Castle Siege

Counterpick Stages

Halberd
Brinstar
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Pictochat
Rainbow Cruise

Zhenkai

Smash Journeyman
Woot for a tourney I'mma make it too! I'm settin', at most, $200 aside to make sure I make it to this. That'll still leave me enough to pay rent at my new place for two months while lookin' for a new job and what not.

Hype and a half for me goin'! XD

hubble

Smash Ace
im gonna do some money matches this tournament

1 dollar on all of em
rob
foy
snowman
jesse
steffon
neil
goggles
pyro
spamus
nightro
whoever else wants to

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Hub I'll 1 dollar Money match you.
Anyways. I should be confirmed. I'll be teaming with drg in brawl and I'm teaming with beta if he can make it for melée. If not I need team mate. I use puff and marth In teams.

darkoblivion12

Smash Lord
once again, if anyone would like to get at my bad teams skillz, i'm available as a partner. although we will need to practice a lot in order to team together.

Zhenkai

Smash Journeyman
Hubble, after I get warmed up with some friendlies or whatever, I might take ya up on one. I dunno yet.

Sharky

Smash Master
RTF I ****ing lol'd for a good minute at your link, props XD

also seriously can't wait for this XD

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I'll most likely be coming. Got to get all my crap done early next week. Haven't really played brawl hardly the last 3-4 weeks.

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
May or not make this one. My college workload is going to be much heavier than I thought and it will drastically limit my activity this season.

I'll see what I can do.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
its one day, and youre only 20 minutes away. You gotta make it!

Plus, my students seem to be talking a lot of junk and gunning for you.

Top Bottom