• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stylin on Ya 3 @ RIT September 11th

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Personally, for best results I would say ask to team with neil.

since both pikachu and MK can anubis with Luc very well.

Sharky

Smash Master
from what I hear neil is taken already though?

I'm waiting on replies from a couple people but if those plans fall through I can team with you sure =)

and lol, james knows the power of my ganonplank "don't let the ganon get offstage!" XDDD

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
only confirmed teams I know are

me/san
cura/dr.garbz
jesse/angel (if they both go, which reminds me, I should probably call him to remind him about the tourney)
leet/random syracuse person, like I can always count on leet to show up to a tourney and enter doubles

also.

where is the event going to be held?

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Tommy - and a friend is teaming as well and I'm sure he will be bringing another set of 2 that wilm be teaming and also duddu might team with someone just for fun I'm sure

darkoblivion12

Smash Lord

where is the event going to be held?
should be fireside lounge (where smash club usually is)

we don't have the room reserved, but neither does anyone else. if worse comes to worse, we'll probably be moving to another lounge in the building, or last resort is head to donnie's dorm.

Slashy

Smash Lord
should be fireside lounge (where smash club usually is)

we don't have the room reserved, but neither does anyone else. if worse comes to worse, we'll probably be moving to another lounge in the building, or last resort is head to donnie's dorm.
This is why we reserve rooms. Anyone who lives on campus can do it.

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
Hey hey, I've kinda been working on that, slashy-man.

Kick right back, and I could tell you the whole story, but I'm lazy and have TA in an hour and a half and still need lunch, so I'll tl;dr it for you.

-Yeah, I could probably officially reserve the fireside lounge; the person's actually listening to me now (like a week late,) but from reading the fine print etc. in all the stuff involved, there's a lot of reason they can get all up in my case on the reservation and a lot of bad bureaucracy involved in getting there.

That said, I'll use some different methods to assure the "backup" spaces and simply secure the fireside lounge by occupying it; small groups won't try to use it (or at least not in an interrupting way) if we're already there.

And seriously, we've got amazing backup space in the GV basement here anyway, where the worst they could do is kick us out.

-Location is officially the fireside lounge! But make use of that modern-day technological magic of the cellphone and call me the day of, for all driving groups. On the offchance it's not viable, we'll be at another space and will tell you to come there.

Ah, but if you don't have confidence in that, snag that place we used last year, and we'll just not use it if we have something better. If I've really messed up, you get cred for covering my back.

Zhenkai

Smash Journeyman
Ya'll better make it, I got a list of friendlies to be playin' with people and it's gonna get completed! D:<

Oh yeah, also outta the time I was awake at Sun!'s place last night, which was roughly 9 hours, 8 of it consisted of Melee trainin', so woot for that. Also new controller that works, booya!

Slashy

Smash Lord
I was able to reserve the Sol Activity Room in the past and I will probably do so for my own tournament later this quarter.

darkoblivion12

Smash Lord
I was able to reserve the Sol Activity Room in the past and I will probably do so for my own tournament later this quarter.
Not to be hatin, but we don't need 2 people hosting events at RIT. Sheth and I work together for hosting events here; where I run melee, and he runs brawl. If you'd like, you can run a brawl+ side event at this and for any tourney in the future(time dependent of course).

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
Not to be hatin, but we don't need 2 people hosting events at RIT. Sheth and I work together for hosting events here; where I run melee, and he runs brawl. If you'd like, you can run a brawl+ side event at this and for any tourney in the future(time dependent of course).
As another thing to keep it in perspective:
Most people simply can't afford the time/money/resources to do another tournament. Most people are pushing it to just attend this AND the syracuse one that's all the way out into november. Some can hardly make one or the either, or neither, even.

-I'm not saying you shouldn't, but it might be a little frivolous to hold another tournament when we don't have the necessary human resources in players.

Spamus43

Smash Journeyman
I, for one, can't wait to attend a poorly run tournament whose main focus is a game no one plays. Don't worry slashy, I got your back.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Lets be nice everyone. You can all pretty much count me in on all tournaments in upstate. Ive entered every single tournament thrown since ive been here and will continue to do so.

Sharky

Smash Master
Stage Lists

Starter Stages

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 1
Castle Siege

Counterpick Stages

Halberd
Brinstar
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Pictochat
Rainbow Cruise

ALL OTHER STAGES ARE BANNED

...doesn't look like it

Zhenkai

Smash Journeyman
Oh hey, I just thought of somethin' earlier I wanted to bring up, if it's needed I can bring my Melee setup down and let it be used and everything if it'll help out. Someone lemme know before tomorrow so that I can make sure to pack it and all that.

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
Well yeah I saw that but then I saw people in the thread saying it should be legal so I didn't know what was up.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
It SHOULD be legal. But once you all come to your sences and accept JJ and Picto as perfectly viable stages, then I can begin expanding your minds to understand the legality of stages like Ps2 and PTAD

and for the record, ps2 should be a neutral.

Zhenkai

Smash Journeyman
zhen is coming to this???

WOW
Dude, I've been sayin' I'm makin' it to this for over a month since I knew I was quittin' my job. I'm hookin' up with Flaw tomorrow for the ride down and chillaxin' basically the whole weekend in Rochester.

hubble

Smash Ace
We should run melee teams as a round robin on 1 or 2 tvs, would really get the community bonded together again for the semester

:)

Spamus43

Smash Journeyman
We should run melee teams as a round robin on 1 or 2 tvs, would really get the community bonded together again for the semester

:)
/Co-signs.

Honestly, I wonder why we haven't tried this before, considering the typical turnout for teams.

With 5 or 6 teams, RR is almost even with bracket in terms of sets played, and its not until 8 teams that the increase becomes too large to be practical.

Weigh that against the hype that will be generated, and I think we can all agree that this is a fantastic idea.

In conclusion, Burak is a genius and we should all do what he said.

Sharky

Smash Master
I think RR for melee teams would work pretty well, personally.

and to goggles: lol no PS2 will never be neutral. I do think it is more legit than the other controversial stages though, excepting pictochat.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
taken here from the PR thread.

about the point of pools.

i may be over estimating the difficulty of pools for one event but I dont think Im overestimating when i say that running pools for every event is just wayy too much for us to do in one day.

not to mention that even spamus admitted that things are contingent upon people playing their matches promptly which is something that we are EXPLICITLY known for NOT doing. But then again, thats why were using the Mage DQ rule for this tourney.

but back to the original point, theres people that want to run pools for every event.

Im pretty sure that just flat out cant happen. so how do we choose what has pools and what doesnt?

and about ps2. I think you should read the discussions that were had about it in the ruleset thread. You might be surprised at how convincing the Ps2 > Ps1 arguements are.

Sharky

Smash Master
I don't think PS1 should be a starter, either. Lylat was much better, I think cura agrees with me on that one

Top Bottom