• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Quebec's Revival//A Brawl Tournament

DarkISDA

Smash Lord
Quebec’s revival

It has been a long time since we had a Brawl tournament and some players just disappeared, placing our community near his dying breath. It is time to rebuild our community and get new players to join us, and what’s better than simply doing a tournament to restart it all!

Address:

Day: November 13th 2010
158 des Cèdres
St-Anne-Des-Plaines

Direction:

Public transport:

1- Take the metro to Montmorency Station.
2- Take the bus 9 (St-jerome) and ask for a transfert. REALLY IMPORTANT!*
3- Get off at St-Thérèse (15 min approx.)
4- Take the bus 23 to Sainte-Anne-Des-Plaines. Do NOT Take the one going to MRC Les Moulins, you'll be REALLY FAR!
5- Get off at Centre Jean-Guy Cardinal (grey building).
6- Walk 1 min and you're there!

*Bus cost 4$

NEW: Me and Fatuik will offer lifting from Montmorency at 12:30 PM! Let me know ASAP if you need a lift (8 seats max!)
Edit: We will be charging 2 $ for each person to help pay for the gas.

--- 3/4 (11:30) ---

-Kage
-Agora
-Frr

---8/8 (12:30) (FULL)---

- Citrus
- ThatGuy (?)
- DarkShadow and 4 from his crews
-Juxtaposex

Tournament Organizers:
-Techiyo
-LordRaph
-Nizi

We will be selling beverage, chips, and maybe some other things

Entry Fee:
Venue Fee: 5$
Singles: 10$
Doubles: 20$ (10$/person)

Schedule:

1:30 - 2:00 PM Brawl Doubles, singles registration and set-ups
2:00 PM – 5:00 PM Brawl Doubles bracket
4:00 PM - Low Tiers registration (if we have time)
4:00 PM - 6:30 PM Brawl Singles Pools and Low Tiers Brackets (if we have time)
6:30 PM – 11:00 PM Brawl Singles Bracket
11:00 PM - somewhere in the night: Friendlies, clean-up, hugs

All of these are approximation, as the start of the tournament is quite late (sorry for this, the guys owning the place NEVER told me there was a Karate class right before -_-) But, we have a good time in front of us, since we have it for the whole night, or a good part of it, so I'm sure everything will come out just fine =)

Prizes:

1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

General Rules:

- 3 Stock, Time Limit: 8 minutes.
- Items are set to “OFF” and “NONE”.
- In case of a dispute, controller ports are disputed by Rock-Paper-Scissor.
- Each set is a best of 3, except for Winner’s, Loser’s and Grand Finals, where it’s a best of 5.
- Team Attack is On (for doubles).
- Dave’s stupid rule: No player may choose a stage they already won on in that set unless agreed by both players.
- In team matches, the port are determined in a 1221 fashion. Winner of the Rock-Paper-Scissor determines their ports.
- If the timer runs out, winner is decided by stock remaining, then by % (lower win).
- Metaknight’s infinite cape glitch is banned.
- If a game ends with Ganondorf’s side-b or Bowser side-b and ends in a sudden death, the sudden death is ignored and victory is given to the player that initiated the move.
- If a match is to be restarted due to controller malfunctions, both players or teams must agree.
- Any action that prevent the game from continuing (freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) results in a forfeit of the match. You are responsible for knowing your character, and should be wary of activating those glitches.
- Stalling is banned.
- If a player end the match with King Dedede or Kirby doing his swallow move, fall off the stage and the game count as a tie, the player that made the move wins. However, if it counts that the player who got swallowed wins, it means he broke out before reaching the bottom, and thus, makes him the winner.

Set Format (how to play a set):

1. Opponents choose their character for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure.
3. Each player may announce ONE stage to be BANNED from the set.
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen at Step 2.
5. The loser of the previous match announce the next stage to be played on.
6. The winner of the previous match MAY change character.
7. The loser of the previous match MAY change character.
8. Repeat Step 5-7 for the remaining of the set.
*double-blind pick can be called for the first match

Neutral Stages (playable through the whole set)

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium
Castle Siege
Halberd
Delfino Plaze

Counter-Pick (can be used after the first game has been played)

Norfair
Frigate Orpheon
Pokémon Stadium 2
PictoChat
Jungle Japes
Rainbow Cruise
Green Greens
Brinstar
Pirate Ship

Banned (can NEVER be used under ANY circumstances)

Mushroomy Kingdom 1 and 2
Mario Circuit
Rumble Falls
Bridge of Eldin
Spear Pillar
WarioWare
New Pork City
Summit Skyworld
75 m.
Mario Bros.
Flat Zone 2
Hanenbow
Shadow Moses Island
Green Hill Zone
Temple Onett
Corneria
Big Blue
Yoshi’s Island (Melee)
Port Town Aero Drive
Distant Planet
Luigi’s Mansion
ANY Custom Stage

Low tier characters (in case of a low tier tournament as a side-event)
Lucas, Bowser, Yoshi, Mario, Captain Falcon, Samus, Jigglypuff, Zelda, Link, Ganondorf

Participants (37):

-Techiyo
-LordRaph
-Inzi
-Agora
-Frr
-Alexandre
-Hells
-Holy
-Mad Ally
-Mar1
-KingKong
-Daniel Grenier
-Fatuik
-Citrus
-Swordgard
-nvm!
-Frederick Pichette
-Fred's Little Brother
-Fred's Friend
-Jordan
-Jonathan Campeau
-Jonathan Paquette
-Morks
-Kid from Citrus's university
-Cynan Michaea
-Stroumbert with Norfair Practice
-Tim(Banc)
-Vis~K
-Remorse
-Nostalgic
-DarkShadow
-Nox
-tarextherex
-Maxime
-thatguy (?)
-Justaposex
-Kage
-Fornaxxx

Equipment:

I need as many TV’s and Wii’s as possible. If anyone can bring something, please do. So far, here’s what we have:

TV (9):
Techiyo (3)
nvm (1)
Fatuik (2)
Nizi (1)
LordRaph (2)
Fred(1)

Wii (10):
Techiyo (1)
Nizi (1)
LordRaph (1)
Mar1 (1)
Nvm (1)
Morks (1)
DarkShadow (1)
Citrus (1)
Daniel (1)
Fred (1)

Also if people can bring some power bars that would be useful.

IF THERE IS ANY PROBLEM WHATSOEVER, YOU CAN CONTACT ME ON MY CELL PHONE!
NUMBER IS : (438) 883-8324

HYPE THIS!

Agora

Smash Journeyman
You got some weird Counter Picks thar, boy.

I'll make sure I show up.
If there are Doubles I'm up to team with you if you didn't give up on me yet.

Agora

Smash Journeyman
I'm open for a team partner then.

I'm bringing a friend, Alexandre, it's gonna his first tourney I believe. Add him to the list.

Frr

Smash Rookie
You can add me to the list, I'm gonna show up to this.

And I'll partner up with you Agora.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
Me and Holy are coming, UNLESS I win Dallas, then **** no I'ma be doing something else haha. Or maybe I shouldn't come so I can let results be cooler? I don't know I can easily just go to the U.S

GUARD

Smash Journeyman
I would definetly LOVE to go......but that day is my dad's birthday........hope I can still make it.

Hells

Smash Apprentice
man if ally isnt coming this will be free, he was the only challenge for I.(cruel style)

Agora

Smash Journeyman
Said the guy who lost in the first round of Otakuthon's tourney.

Also I thought the exact same thing about Pirate Ship. If Green Greens, Aero Drive and Pokemon Stadium 2 are there, Pirate Ship really makes no sense as a Banned Stage imo.

FaTuik

Smash Journeyman
I'm here. Si probleme cette journée la a partir de sain-anne-des-plaine, je vais vous laisser mon numero pour que je vienne vous lifter au centre jean-guy. ou peut-etre.... prendre le numero a techiyo en note . je suis open pour lifter.

Techiyo, ont pourrait faire un mini event de melee ? je pourrais marranger avec toi, et amener plus de joueur, comme par exemple les gars de lachute ,PKm ,vwins et Lambert .

Je vais participer a brawl single.

DarkISDA

Smash Lord
I'm here. Si probleme cette journée la a partir de sain-anne-des-plaine, je vais vous laisser mon numero pour que je vienne vous lifter au centre jean-guy. ou peut-etre.... prendre le numero a techiyo en note . je suis open pour lifter.

Techiyo, ont pourrait faire un mini event de melee ? je pourrais marranger avec toi, et amener plus de joueur, comme par exemple les gars de lachute ,PKm ,vwins et Lambert .

Je vais participer a brawl single.
Sa me dérange pas trop, sa va surtout dépendre des set-up pis du temps. La priorité, c'est Brawl. Si je n'ai pas assez de set-up, sa sera dur.

FaTuik

Smash Journeyman
Lui patry, il peut en amener des T.V avec mon char ? J'ai déja quelques joueurs de melee que je peu confirmer ... je vais éssayer d'amener 3-4 TV

nvm

Smash Apprentice
if I can make it I should be able to bring a full setup (tv + wii + brawl)

nvm da bess

MorKs

Smash Apprentice
Je vais venir aussi, on se connait pas, mais je joue des fois avec SwordGuard, Guard, Hells, Holy pi toute ste gang la. Je peux apporter une wii si vous en avez de besoin.

P.S : Pour le tournoi, tu ban pas le ledgeguard limit pour MK?

-Googs

Smash Lord
I've coming from concordia, and this whole 2 buses thing sketches me out cause I get lost easily...i have been living in montreal for under a month. anybody coming from my direction?

DarkISDA

Smash Lord
Je vais venir aussi, on se connait pas, mais je joue des fois avec SwordGuard, Guard, Hells, Holy pi toute ste gang la. Je peux apporter une wii si vous en avez de besoin.

P.S : Pour le tournoi, tu ban pas le ledgeguard limit pour MK?
A ce que je sache, il a été enlevé des règles de tournoi officiel. Je peux me tromper par contre.

I've coming from concordia, and this whole 2 buses thing sketches me out cause I get lost easily...i have been living in montreal for under a month. anybody coming from my direction?
I might get the car that day, so I might provide some lifting from MontMorency to the venue.

MorKs

Smash Apprentice
If you're planning to provide a lift from MontMorency, I will take this opportunity too if you don't mind, god, its like 2h of bus/metro from where I live (repentigny = 1h to go at Honore-Beaugrand, another one to get at Montmorency xD

FaTuik

Smash Journeyman
bienvenue a saint anne des plaine! lol, il n'y auras pas de mini de tournoi pour melee sauf que je vais installer un setup pour Kage, car j'veux le voir la, j'vais problablement aller le chercher au metro. Pkmvodka is coming, Vwins est indécis.

FaTuik

Smash Journeyman
Techiyo, tu vas aller cherche du monde au metro avec le char de tes parents? a moins que tu t'est acheté un char sans que je le sache .. lol

Top Bottom