• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FGCU Smash: Alpha *10/02/10* Ft. Myers, FL

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
The SwampNiga Crew presents:
FGCU Smash:
****ALPHA****

MAIN RULES
---The tournament will be held at FGCU's "Eagles Landing" building.
---If you need directions you can feel free to skype me at ryankane52290 or by pm messaging.
---If a big enough turnout occurs we will be hosting doubles as well.

ADDRESS:
Everglades Hall FGCU Campus.
Fourth Floor. PM for better directions. Will update when get the real address.

**If there is more than 30 people we will pay out to the top 5.**
If you are an FGCU student you will not have to pay a door fee.
BRING YOUR FGCU ID FOR FREE DOOR FEE. IF YOU DO NOT BRING IT I WILL CHARGE YOU.
Door fee will be $5
Singles is $5
Doubles is $5 (per person)

Doubles Payout:
First Place: 60%
Second Place: 30%
Third Place: 10%

Singles Payout:
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%
or

If 30 or over:
1st: 50%
2nd: 20%
3rd: 15%
4th: 10%
5th: 5%
Play Off for 5th

Schedule:
11.00n-1.00p Registration and Friendlies
1.00p-3.00p Brawl Doubles
3.00p-4.00p Friendlies and MM's.
4pm is when Brawl Singles will start
There will be a low tier tourney before or after singles
Afterwards More friendlies/MM and whatever

POOLS WILL BEGIN DURING DOUBLES

Nearby there are 2 McD's, Pita Pit (delivery), Calistoga, 2 pizza places, Ritas and other fast food.

General rules:

* 3 Stock

* 8 minute timer

* Team attack is set to "on"

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser. This applies to other suicide moves, the win goes towards the initiator and the sudden death is ignored.

* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

* Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

I'm going to be a hero and use Viper's MK rule.

*If a player is counter picking and they select a stage with a transparent floor , they may not select meta knight as well.

Transparent:
Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Norfair
Distant Planet

Complaints about stalling should be dealt with as follows:
*Pause the game and contact a TO.
*The TO will monitor the rest of the match.
*At the conclusion of the match the game will be saved and the TO will watch the replay to make a decision.
*Should a replay be unavailable, the TO will make a decision based on all available knowledge of the incident.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. A Random neutral is chosen for the first match, unless opponents either agree on a neutral or decide to use stage striking.
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Issues or disputes which arise that are not covered by the rules and procedures already posted should be brought to the TOs for arbitration. The TOs' joint decisions are final.
I will be the judge the jury and the executioner on all matters at this tournament.

Stages:

Neutrals
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise

Counterpicks:
Halberd
Pirate Ship
Brinstar
Pokemon Stadium 1
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise
Jungle Japes
NorFair
Yoshi's Island (melee)
Distant Planet

Everything is potentially subject to change based on feedback.

Swamp*****s in Green

Attending:

1. Viper
2. Mink
3. MGLDN
4. MechManiac
5. SSGUY
6. Abscent
7. AvatarYang
8. Yin?
9. TRA ?
10. Naples Crew? (ie Swolf, M!x, Vtech, Slash)
11. ******
12. Project
13. Kyon?
14. ZackyC
15. Dwho // Dskank?
16. Xaltis
17. DFEAR
18. TheJoey
19. Greenace
20. Xdeath?
21.Trump
22. ERIC BOOSINGER
23. Quick
etc.​

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
FGCU Viper Co-Hosting this *****

This is going to be off the chart SWFL!

And Fl's favorite T.O. will be Co-Hosting so you know its goona be good

Swamp *****s out

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
There is no edge grab limit. Planking is a legitimate strategy that a player can use advantage of. BBR says yes, i say yes.

Just throw bananas or shoot peanuts :p

-!-

Smash Lord
just one week notice XD

lol I'll try to be here.

so Planking is legit then huh, so will the characters that dont have projectiles that plank will be treated as Stalling like at the last FGCU tourney? or whats the deal?? just want to clear that out :)

Imma go Falcon for this :D

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
To the greatest of my knowledge i will answer that.

In the pit v marth match: Pit would engage combat with arrows when marth ran to the opposite side of the stage, forcing marth to approach. When marth approached pit, pit would then fight from the ledge. By doing so he did NOT make the game UNPLAYABLE. Pit's strategy was fighting from the ledge.

In Vtech's case: Metaknight has no projectiles. He would not get on the stage in order to start combat, he instead stayed on the edge making the game unplayable. It was certain death for falco.

To the best of my knowledge that is how the games worked. I don't really feel like going much more into it on account that not only was i playing a match during both of the above matches, but also because i dont care enough. When it comes up, we'll talk. If not, lets not argue about it.

Does that sound legit though mix?

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Planking is planking.

If Pit is allowed to plank, so should MK.

Rules shouldn't be tweaked during the tournament under any circumstance. By rule, VTech was allowed to plank and shouldn't have been DQ'd.

-!-

Smash Lord
Umm I understand what u mean bro but tbh it doesnt quite make sense lol like I had posted on the results thread... Viper never approached, he could have tryed to fight "planking" like most people do but he didnt sooo u could say that he was the one stalling. my bro took the first stock then he went to plank cuz of course ur not gonna go and get killed, if Viper had gone after him it didnt meant certain death... he was 0% and if Viper actually tryed to go after him my brother wouldnt have glided to the other side of the stage under and avoiding all contact with viper, thats what Stalling would be "avoiding all contact against someone through the whole match".

but yea im just putting a lil common sense here... ur basically saying that any character that has projectiles can plank but those that dont are not allowed lol does that sound fair??? if u read the posts the BBR had about planking (Like all T.O.s Should) ull find out that the PLANKING LIMITS where being used mainly for MK which hurt other characters like pit himself and R.O.B. thats why they decided that a rule for it should not exist which means any character can plank lol if u can approach "Planking" then u can do something about it, if u dont then that means ur the one Stalling lol buut if u do approach and the one thats planking like... just keeps avoiding and runnning away, i.e. Gliding under the stage back and forth, then yea thats when they are Stalling.

I dont wanna get too into it i just want you to understand the rule itself and what it actually means, if u think characters that dont have projectile should not have the same privilege to plank like the others do then thats on you. I'll be ok with it, but it will still be wrong lol Planking itself is Gaaaaayyyy and more when MK does it but I just want to be fair and clear. (Though I'm looking like an ***)

Thanks D-Torr for understanding this simple rule :)

-!-

Smash Lord
lol soo true

I personally don't care much, just want to clear thing up... cuz its worst when u come to a dispute in person, people just want their "way" to be right and I rather not get into that lol too troublesome... like I had said, the BBR had a couple post of the whole Planking/edge grabbing rule and so on so its not too hard to understand its meaning.

Good thing that Snake can get around Planking but MK is just harder... Pit is soo easy though. I'm going Falcon so I can't plank... nd I dont need it, Falcon is soo broken nd u guys are gonna hate on me :)

so it's w/e for me, I wont get gaayed out :laugh:

yeah and some people called serial killers like to murder people and they have fun. The only mains who actually enjoy gaying their opponent are wario mains and it fits wario's personality perfectly. If people want to be competitive go and play a real sport like hockey where if someone pisses you off you can actually go and hit them IRL as opposed to picking the most broken character and hit one button and say you're better.

edit: to mix falcon can plank:chuckle: try up airing from the ledge as soon as you grab. There is even a knee strategy from the ledge that can be hard to get around.

-!-

Smash Lord
lol lets not lose our cool now this is just a game nd there will always be "that one guy gaayed me out etc..."

it is true that MK is the most broken but all u need to do is be smarter then its user lol lets not think too much, tornado can be punish and get around... not all the time but if its being spammed then u know its pattern :O so as the up-B as long as its in the stage. like I said, a scrub MK can only be good to an extent, nd if ur good then u can beat it... the really good MKs just use its brokenness better... nd u have to work 3x more >_<

mix falcon can plank try up airing from the ledge as soon as you grab. There is even a knee strategy from the ledge that can be hard to get around.
I could Plank but Falcon doesnt have projectiles so it would be Stalling :D I wont need Planking cuz I'm siiick nd I have a really good knee ;)

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
I could Plank but Falcon doesnt have projectiles so it would be Stalling :D I wont need Planking cuz I'm siiick nd I have a really good knee ;)
yeah you are right that would be considered stalling by the T.O. and M!X Stalling aint your style just get in there and ****in hit somebody

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
yeah and some people called serial killers like to murder people and they have fun. The only mains who actually enjoy gaying their opponent are wario mains and it fits wario's personality perfectly. If people want to be competitive go and play a real sport like hockey where if someone pisses you off you can actually go and hit them IRL as opposed to picking the most broken character and hit one button and say you're better..
Only Wario....?

I believe there's more

MK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fbmu8fGcWaw
Snake: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTXh3Yh30Fc
Falco: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2lrLWQ6XQM
GW: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dkd7os1Jf1k

All tournament matches

I could find more if I had time but my point should already be clear.

Like I said before, fun in subjective. Even in competition. I'm pretty sure Hockey athletes and athletes from other sports have fun as well, that's why they do what they do despite the risks of injuries and such. Each individual person has a different aspect of fun.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Oh god no. an argument happenned while i was at work.
Instead of acknowledging any previous comments i am instead going to say that i hope no one is going to stall or plank while at this tournament cause that'd be gay as ****. Look. Some people have fun playing party games. Some like killing people. Some like getting off before sleep. Ima have fun beatin' dat *** with jigglypuff at this tourney against some MK's.

LETS DO THIS.

-!-

Smash Lord
this is too funny lol I sure wish other big events would give sooooo much favor to certain group of characters and specifically cut down strategies for others XD w/e this probably wont have much attendance and I don't think there will be such scenarios nd if it does imma record it ;)

^^^Now that takes skills :laugh:^^^

I have to come to this nd rip with my falcon :D it'll be sick!!!! and when I win imma safe 'em replays :chuckle: I goooooottttt thiiiiissssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smash Rookie
this is too funny lol I sure wish other big events would give sooooo much favor to certain group of characters and specifically cut down strategies for others XD w/e this probably wont have much attendance and I don't think there will be such scenarios nd if it does imma record it ;)

^^^Now that takes skills :laugh:^^^

I have to come to this nd rip with my falcon :D it'll be sick!!!! and when I win imma safe 'em replays :chuckle: I goooooottttt thiiiiissssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!
STOP COMPLAINING just play the game!!! and get better!

-!-

Smash Lord
STOP COMPLAINING just play the game!!! and get better!
daaamn buzz kill XD

Yea ok imma stop "complaining" nd get "better" YA OK!

Imma drop Falcon nd pick a higher tier to win cuz I suck nd u have open my eyes XD thanks dawwwg I owe u won!

imma go Snake or MK for this that's how determined I am lol

Sooo yeaaa please everyone don't complain nd just get better lolololol
OK

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
daaamn buzz kill XD

Yea ok imma stop "complaining" nd get "better" YA OK!

Imma drop Falcon nd pick a higher tier to win cuz I suck nd u have open my eyes XD thanks dawwwg I owe u won!

imma go Snake or MK for this that's how determined I am lol

Sooo yeaaa please everyone don't complain nd just get better lolololol
OK
M!X i would not have it any other way and glad to see you are done complaining it was getting old.

-!-

Smash Lord
call it complaining uf u want lol facts are facts I could careless when people can't see straight lol if u got skills then u can prove people wrong Lol so its w/e have it ur way

Sooooooo one more complain lol how is seeding gonna be done :D

Top Bottom