• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FGCU Smash: Alpha *10/02/10* Ft. Myers, FL

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I'm going to be a hero and use Viper's MK rule.

*If a player is counter picking and they select a stage with a transparent floor , they may not select meta knight as well.

Transparent:
Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Norfair
Distant Planet

This is probably the most biased, subjective, ridiculous rule I've ever seen attempted to limit MK. Maybe ever worse than the airtime rule.

This is bad, and you should feel bad. Since you said you may change it on feedback, I hope you were serious and will take this to heart.

If you want me to explain exactly WHY this rule is awful, I will be happy to do so.

-!-

Smash Lord
lol if its a 4hr shift then yea but take account this is a $5 tourney with possible doubles nd its been like 2 days since it was announced XD nd its this saturday... idk if it'll be worth it specially if this turns out to take like 10hr cuz of lack of setups lol taking he manages to take first that is still....

dskank

Smash Journeyman
hey dskank remember that time you challenged andy, in tournament, to a falcon off and then he ended it with a falcon punch and then the next match you played you went pit, your main, against his falcon and you got 2 stocked.
no shame in this andy 2 good but my pit still pawned ur ****y snake, that was also a 2 stock i believe lol

i last to andys c-falcon u last to kreams zeld lol that kid doesnt even play this game, so whats worse?

D Who?

Smash Journeyman

This is probably the most biased, subjective, ridiculous rule I've ever seen attempted to limit MK. Maybe ever worse than the airtime rule.

This is bad, and you should feel bad. Since you said you may change it on feedback, I hope you were serious and will take this to heart.

If you want me to explain exactly WHY this rule is awful, I will be happy to do so.

I disagree completely and find metaknights 6 jumps, 2 glides, X combos, Stupid Recovery, Involn frames, ridiculous knock back, a 2 frame dair, 4 frame dsmash tornado that half the moves in brawl can't break and you wanna say that that rule is Ridiculous? I can deal with Snakes 2 frame jab, foward tilt and 1 frame grenade pull. I can deal with Marths retarted recovery that ****s my character hard. I can deal with a chain grab on 2/3 of the cast, I can also deal with lazer camping. You, should shut the **** up about biasness and play the ****ing game. MK is bias. The only thing he doesn't have is a spike. But who needs it when almost every move has lazer priority? I wish my aura had lazer priority. And the only people who play MK are the people who are to lazy to learn bad match-ups and want easy wins. And as M2K has showed us, you don't even need 2 hands to play MK well. **** you bro. I think it'a a fine rule and you are just riding ****.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I disagree completely and find metaknights 6 jumps, 2 glides, X combos, Stupid Recovery, Involn frames, ridiculous knock back, a 2 frame dair, 4 frame dsmash tornado that half the moves in brawl can't break and you wanna say that that rule is Ridiculous? I can deal with Snakes 2 frame jab, foward tilt and 1 frame grenade pull. I can deal with Marths retarted recovery that ****s my character hard. I can deal with a chain grab on 2/3 of the cast, I can also deal with lazer camping. You, should shut the **** up about biasness and play the ****ing game. MK is bias. The only thing he doesn't have is a spike. But who needs it when almost every move has lazer priority? I wish my aura had lazer priority. And the only people who play MK are the people who are to lazy to learn bad match-ups and want easy wins. And as M2K has showed us, you don't even need 2 hands to play MK well. **** you bro. I think it'a a fine rule and you are just riding ****.

You're actually ********. I guarantee I know way more about this game than you.

If you want to try again when you're not an idiot, I will address your arguments.

All this rule does is target sharking, which is only REMOTELY broken on Brinstar. Nowhere else even comes close.

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
You're so bad at this game its not even funny.

AfroQT

Smash Master
I disagree completely and find metaknights 6 jumps, 2 glides, X combos, Stupid Recovery, Involn frames, ridiculous knock back, a 2 frame dair, 4 frame dsmash tornado that half the moves in brawl can't break and you wanna say that that rule is Ridiculous? I can deal with Snakes 2 frame jab, foward tilt and 1 frame grenade pull.
I like how you just put random numbers infront of half the things yous aid.

2 Frame dair eh? 4frame dsmash?

gallax

Smash Hero
Yeah, if ur losing to mk because of the stage thats not rainbow cruise or brinstar than ur bad. Those two stages r really good for him yeah, but hes is definately beatable on those stages. Ive actually beaten a very good mk on both brinstar and raibow b4. You all complain too much about mk rather than just spamming that MU to learn the little quirks.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
I say we all just ban every character except mk. That way know one can argue that one person's character is more broken than the other. Then everything will be fair. :)

Emo^Wolf

Smash Journeyman
lol @dew
nd Lmao at this. the viper rule, the planking limit, instead of trying to learn the match up the lil thingss about mk like gallax said, u try to take things away from him stages no planking etcc lol lol SMH:rolleyes:

Dont reason with it, dont argue with it, just dominated itt,
that quote is sickk dew lol

OverLade

Smash Hero
Yeah, if ur losing to mk because of the stage thats not rainbow cruise or brinstar than ur bad. Those two stages r really good for him yeah, but hes is definately beatable on those stages. Ive actually beaten a very good mk on both brinstar and raibow b4. You all complain too much about mk rather than just spamming that MU to learn the little quirks.
MK ***** every character on every stage what are you talking about? :laugh:

Anyway just ban MK, don't make little subjective rules to limit him. Either that or just feed money to whoever feels like using him...

DewDaDash

Smash Lord

-!-

Smash Lord
lol u better watch out punk I've found out Falcon beats MK nd I have proof!!!

Nah... Probably not gonna happend o.O

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
Hey guys!!! CFL will bring a car if guys up the entry to 10$.
Nah man its $5 tourney fee. Hope you still come.

thanks for your 2 cents. Now you can have it back, i dont care what you think if you come from canada to make this and play under this rule then tell me how you feel till then let me be an "idiot"

You're so bad at this game its not even funny.
and your makin bank off this game right?

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Dear God.
The amount that people nag on this thread is ridiculous. Anyone who has a problem with it doesn't have to come. I'm not changing the price to 10$. Enough said. If you guys wanna come that'd be awesome and i'd be happy to see you play. If you have a problem with the MK rule, dont counterpick as MK and no one should have a problem.

I'm not going to start spitting frame data because i dont care anough. Everyone needs to stop trolling so hard. My tourney. My rules. IT's not like i'm banning MK.

Calm.
Down.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Nah man its $5 tourney fee. Hope you still come.

thanks for your 2 cents. Now you can have it back, i dont care what you think if you come from canada to make this and play under this rule then tell me how you feel till then let me be an "idiot".

Where I come from means nothing, and not that you give a ****, but I'm a prominent TO for my region, and I happen to use a SENSIBLE ruleset, unlike this one. You get props for actually having Distant Planet and Norfair, but this rule is an awful attempt at limiting MK, and you AREN'T EVEN TARGETING ONE OF HIS BROKEN QUALITIES.

You are bad, and you should feel bad.

Don't ask for ****ing criticism if you can't take the heat.

Maybe I should relay this **** over to tactical so everyone can come laugh at how bad this rule is.

Edit: It's not like your banning MK? ****, you SHOULD ban MK before you implement a rule this derpy.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
There's no purpose in experimenting with a rule easily destroyed by simple logic.

Ok, I'll be tactful about this. What exactly do you intend to accomplish by implementing this rule, and why do you feel it is justified to do so in this manner?

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR

Where I come from means nothing, and not that you give a ****, but I'm a prominent TO for my region, and I happen to use a SENSIBLE ruleset, unlike this one. You get props for actually having Distant Planet and Norfair, but this rule is an awful attempt at limiting MK, and you AREN'T EVEN TARGETING ONE OF HIS BROKEN QUALITIES.

You are bad, and you should feel bad.

Don't ask for ****ing criticism if you can't take the heat.

Maybe I should relay this **** over to tactical so everyone can come laugh at how bad this rule is.

Edit: It's not like your banning MK? ****, you SHOULD ban MK before you implement a rule this derpy.
like i said when you come down from canada and play under this rule then come talk to me about how you feel. i am trying out a new rule and our Philosophy on this game is different you might be more conservative where i am more liberal. This by no means makes me "bad"

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
what exactly is the experiment supposed to prove?
The rule is in place so the tournament cannot be rigged by a gimmick stage by switching to a broken character. If it comes down to game 5 and two people are using standard characters and someone counterpicks brinstar with metaknight i think it would be pretty gay.

Look, i feel like i'm stuck under a **** bridge because i'm being TROLLED so hard. If this rule turns out to be too gay AFTER tournament or becomes a problem, then obviously i wont be doing this rule again. This is Florida, and just because we're florida doesn't mean we're not allowed to experiment with stuff. If you dont like the rule then dont come. I'm sorry for experimenting.

I am now going to continue to eat my Publix Brand Pasta and scrambled eggs in peace.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
No, banning moves is different than banning options.

Is grabbing the ledge 136 times smiled upon in order to win a match? No. That's why there used to be a rule on planking. It opens up new strategies. This is a rule Viper and i agree will limit a broken characters options. It's not like you can't just counterpick to a normal stage.

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
I still fail to see where you're going with this.

If I were to ban mk's ability to tornado, would I be more liberal?
i am not sure but if you take the time to host a tourney i would be more then happy to come and play under the rules you are hosting it under.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
like i said when you come down from canada and play under this rule then come talk to me about how you feel. i am trying out a new rule and our Philosophy on this game is different you might be more conservative where i am more liberal. This by no means makes me "bad"

Look, I don't have to see this rule in action to know it has NO BASIS IN LOGIC.

Secondly, why would I waste my time coming down to play a bunch of scrubs who use a rule I know is awful?

THIRDLY, I guarantee with 100000% certainty that my ruleset is infinitely more Liberal than yours.

We have MK banned, use 9 Starters (With PS2), have every legal CP except YI:M, and we get TWO stage bans, instead of just one.

YOU, on the other hand, have yet to provide any sort of logic behind this rule, and anyone can tell you that it's a bad rule.

Now, we can do this the easy way, or the hard way.

The easy way is you tell me why you think this is a good idea, I tell you how wrong you are, then I go on my merry way and you continue to be scrubs about it and PROBABLY use the rule anyway.

The hard way is I toss a VM to Budget Player Cadet, and you'll never hear the end of this.

Choose wisely.

Furthermore, I'm bored, and someone is wrong on the internet, so this must be righted.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord

The rule is in place so the tournament cannot be rigged by a gimmick stage by switching to a broken character. If it comes down to game 5 and two people are using standard characters and someone counterpicks brinstar with metaknight i think it would be pretty gay.

Look, i feel like i'm stuck under a **** bridge because i'm being TROLLED so hard. If this rule turns out to be too gay AFTER tournament or becomes a problem, then obviously i wont be doing this rule again. This is Florida, and just because we're florida doesn't mean we're not allowed to experiment with stuff. If you dont like the rule then dont come. I'm sorry for experimenting.

I am now going to continue to eat my Publix Brand Pasta and scrambled eggs in peace.

So... they are given the option to switch to mk theirself correct? I go brinstar, I then proceed to ask you, do you want to switch. Then I pick mk. You had your chance, I don't get whats the problem. I'm just trying to help by legitimizing your tourney. I'm not coming as I live too far away to care. TBH I don't even think this region (swfl) has the player mindset to even have that situation come about.

Gindler

Smash Champion
I got chuuu now WOLF!!!!! I can Knee ur assss whenever I want now :D

~M!X on Wolfs Account
I made that up...maybe, idk the matchup at all :)

Yeahhh, beating MK on brinstar is always a viable option though ;)

It's not like as soon as they pick brinstar with MK they win before the match even starts...

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
No, banning moves is different than banning options.

Is grabbing the ledge 136 times smiled upon in order to win a match? No. That's why there used to be a rule on planking. It opens up new strategies. This is a rule Viper and i agree will limit a broken characters options. It's not like you can't just counterpick to a normal stage.
If you banned tornado it would open up new strategies that mk has to undergo in order to win

Top Bottom