• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Madness 23 STREAMING NOW. jtails and koolaid! Link in 1st post

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
http://www.justin.tv/gameunderground#/w/471092048

Doubles livestream

Mass Madness 23
Saturday October 18th at Game Underground

Pools will be run only in the event of there being 10 or more setups and more than 25 people.

Setups are always very much needed.

1251 Worcester Rd
Framingham, MA 01701

Schedule

11:00 AM - Store Opens

11:15 AM - Sign ups for Brawl Doubles

12:45 PM - Brawl Doubles sign ups end and seeding begins

1:15 PM - Brawl Doubles starts

2 PM - Sign ups for Brawl Singles

3 PM - Brawl Singles sign ups end, and seeding begins

3:30 PM - Brawl Singles starts

11:00 PM - Get out
Schedule is here as a guideline, and subject to change

ENTRY FEE AND PRIZES:
(All prizes will be paid in cash. The store will take a 20% cut.)

Singles - $10 per entrant
Doubles - $10 per team / $5 per person
Prize Pool for all events - 1st/2nd/3rd - 55%/30%/15%

BRAWL RULESET

• 3 Stock, 8 minute timer, items are set to "off" and "none," all matches are best 2 out of 3 with the exception of Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals (all to be played 3 out of 5)

• First game is double blind character. If you request it I will come over and see that this is followed.

• Second and third games, loser of the previous game picks stage, winner picks character, loser picks character.

• No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players

• Stage Strike System - Players take turns (first turn determined by R-P-S) eliminating stages from the list of starter stages until one remains, and that stage is used for game 1.

• Stage ban - Both players are allowed to "ban" a stage from the set, and it cannot be used as a counter-pick.

• In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

• In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the R-P-S will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the R-P-S winner will get the last port.

• If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. If a tie still occurs, play a one stock match in the same match-up, character-wise and stage-wise.

• Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

• Suicide Move Rules: (all situations are when both players are at 1 stock)
o If a player successfully ends the match with either Bowser or Ganondorf's over B attack by suicide, then the player who initiated the move wins.
o If a player ends the match by swallowing with Kirby or DDD and falling off the stage and the game counts it as a tie, the player who initiated the swallow move wins. If the player who was swallowed is shown as winning the match (in the instance the broke out right before they died which some people might not notice), then they win.

• Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

• Pausing at any time will result in a forced suicide. If you do not forfeit a stock you forfeit the match. If compliance to this rule is an issue you may bring it up to me and harsher penalties (immediate loss of set) will be given.

• Stalling is banned (The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 250% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.)

• Dedede's Standing Infinite IS BANNED. The wall infinite is legal but is subject to the 250% stalling rule.

Starters (STAGE STRIKE SYSTEM IN PLACE)

o Battlefield
o Final Destination
o Smashville
o Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
o Lylat Cruise

Counter Picks
o Delfino Plaza
o Castle Siege
o Frigate Orpheon
o Battleship Halberd
o Rainbow Cruise
o Brinstar
o Pokemon Stadium
All other stages are banned.

Additional Rules:

• For teams play: team attack is on, and stealing stock is allowed.

• Players may have a coach that can give advice to a player for one minute in-between games. As soon as the stage is declared, the coach must not say anything to the player (in terms of advice) until the match ends.

• Glitches that freeze a character, freeze the game, or simply make the game unfinishable are banned and using them will result in losing the entire set.

Mages DQ Rule:
• • • 2 Minutes Late – Warning
• • • 4 Minutes Late – Loss of first match of set
• • • 6 Minutes Late – Loss of set

• You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

• Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament with no refund.

• Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer. Failure to comply can also result in disqualification.

• Money Matches and friendlies: Keep in mind tournament games take priority over you. Try to get them out of the way during warm-up time. Once the tournament has progressed specific setups will be open for friendlies and money matches.

• Do not leave during the tournament. If you leave and you have a match called during the time you are out the Mages DQ rule applies to you.

• PLEASE watch the amount of profanity in the air. This store is generally considered a family friendly area, and there are small kids and their parents that show up to these tournaments. Do your best to watch yourself, we don't want to give the smash community a bad name.

SETUPS ETC
If you are bringing anything to this tournament please post in the thread or PM me so I may add you to the lists below.

TVs:
-

Wiis:
-

Copies of SSBB:
-
-

Extension Cords:
-
-

Power Strips:
-
-

Please bring setups!!!!

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
Make an aib for it plz and I'll advertise it. Same day as MLG again, huh. It's like you don't want Fatal or me there xd. But should make things interesting like last time.

Kool Aid

Smash Journeyman
50% sure ill be here :] teams aanyone? I'M LOOKING AT ANYONE NO FATAL NO BIZKIT NO BC WHO DO I TEAM WITH!?!?!?! lol i might team with fats xD

Almo

Smash Ace
might be attending.

Koolaid is Pelca going? you could team with him.

xHayatox

Smash Lord
hey can i come to dis? i might have a partner. sound like fun. been a while since i touched this game. bring sback memories.

etecoon

Smash Hero
sucks for me I needed to do really well at this and DNA in order to remain filler XD

oh well I'll probably go 1-2 like a scrub again anyway

Almo

Smash Ace
so 7 ranked people wont be here, don't 5 PR have to be there for it to count? or is it just the limit of people? idk
If Mass Madness 23 counted with Koolaid/Bloodcross/Mikeray/Pelca then i would think this would count with Koolaid/Pelca/Etecoon/Bass. Idk, it's really up to Bizkit.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I don't see why it shouldn't anyway, a win is a win and with most of the higher ranked players gone anyway anything that happens here isn't going to have as much impact as any other upsets that could have been

if VLS counted then there's no reason this shouldn't IMO

Almo

Smash Ace
very true. if at least 3 ranked players go, imo, it should count. VLS wasn't even a standard ruleset, so i can definitely agree with you there.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Coming to this with Melee and Brawl setups (because there's usually a lot of tvs at this venue)

HaileyM

Smash Apprentice
If Prawn can come to Melee tournaments and play melee friendlies, I owe it to him to come to Brawl tournaments and play brawl friendlies.

Prolly will show up with Elen Hailey and Trees if I don't have work.

-KevinM

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
lol, how many people you think will turn up at this tourney? It'd be nice if a lot showed, even scrubs, I mean, I liked it when there used to be 100 people crammed into MassMadness, but that was ages ago.. like 2008 ages ago.. PC Chris was there lol

We'll be a bit low on people because of a fair amount of ranked players being at MLG, but everyone else has no excuse not to be here. Get as many people as possible to come.

SA2Battle hype?

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
sonic adventure 2 battle.. what a great game..... Yeah, I'll do my best to attempt and get some locals to attend... we'll see...

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Idk why anyone would throw a tourney the same day as MLG and be on the same coast as MLG....

Almo

Smash Ace
prawn are you seriously going all MK or will you cop out and go IC's?

IC's are your best character anyway :/

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
Seems that MassMadness may actually have a semi-decent turnout.. I can't wait to see my first MassMadness in like.... 2 years... wow it's been that long... I am looking forward to meeting those of you I either don't remember or who I have never met.. if you know anyone from Western MA (springfield, greenfield, palmer, etc.) let me know. I have a car and may be able to carpool for this/drive people.. any town that's on the way maybe.. IDK I have a GPS for that reason LOL.. I cannot believe that KDJ ****ing showed for the Melee tourney.. I thought he was at college in Korea..

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
lol, how many people you think will turn up at this tourney? It'd be nice if a lot showed, even scrubs, I mean, I liked it when there used to be 100 people crammed into MassMadness, but that was ages ago.. like 2008 ages ago.. PC Chris was there lol
PC Chris beat me in my first Brawl tournament ever. He probably scarred me for life.

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
yeah, he wasn't very social with me, I wanted to challenge his.. his.. wolf I think it was, but he didn't even acknowledge my voice.. lol, so I guess we're both scarred

Top Bottom