• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach vs. Kirby(Complete for now)

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
:peach: :kirby2: :peach: :kirby2: :peach: :kirby2: :peach: :kirby2: :peach: :kirby2: :peach: :kirby2: :peach: :kirby2: :peach: :kirby2:

Peach vs. Kirby

IT'S OVER 9000!

Peach's pros in this match-up:

Amazing shield pressure game~
Hard/ nearly impossible to combo Peach~
Float Mechanics~
Can combo Kirby into 45-55% range from 0%~
Turnips/ Bomb-omb/ Mr. Saturn/ Stitch face/ Beam Sword~

Kirby's pros in this match-up:

Bair can cancel anything Peach does if used upon reaction~
Superior aerial mobility~
Quick grabs~
Many safe options~
Can kill Peach ridiculously early (Around 80%) ~
Can constantly harass Peach with Bair mix-ups~

Kirby's Bair vs. Peach's moveset:

Bair> Fair
Bair> Bair
Bair> Nair (Correct me if I'm wrong)
Bair> Usmash (You're Dumb)
Bair> Uair (By now, I expect you to lose)
Bair> Grab (Not even off shield)
Bair> Turnip
Bair - Utilt (Not sure about this one. I need to test it)

Like Peach, Kirby is also a character based on baiting.

Peach and Kirby Race:
In this match-up, what you'll want to be doing the most is keeping your damage percentage lower than Kirby's. I know it seems dumb to mention it in a match-up. The reason I do, is because of it being significantly important here. This is where the match gets difficult for both Peach and Kirby.

Since Peach is light and floaty, and lacks the ability to fast fall, her landings can be punished well by Kirby. It's one of the things I despise about being a Peach player, but it's something we learn to cope with.

One thing I cannot stress enough is to NOT get knocked out of your float at high percentages. The second Kirby has you in the air without your float, he can keep stage and edge guarding you until you lose all options and have to take the ledge. Having the worst air dodge in the game doesn't help this. This is another position you don't want to be in. Kirby can easily guard the stage by placing himself at the right position from the edge. If measured correctly, he can have enough room to punish a jump off the ledge, roll onto the stage, and the normal animation where Peach just stands up(Don't know the name for that. lolol).

Kirby's Bair:

The only things we really have to battle Kirby's Bair is our beautiful Ftilt and Fsmash(hoping the pan of false hope doesn't appear).

Our Ftilt will punish his Bair off shield. Our Fsmash Racket, and Golf Club can be sweet spotted to fend off the Bair.

But there is still a major problem with this. This is where Kirby's aerial mobility comes in. Kirby can still counter our Ftilt with properly spaced retreating Bairs and STILL have enough time to come back and hit us with a second Bair.

Peach will have a hard time to deal with the Bair, just because of the countless Mix-ups he has. He has options that we don't which forces us to retreat. The best option though, will be to Perfect Shield all of his Bairs and counter attack. I only recommend Perfect Shielding to those who are good at it. If not, practice it.

I'm not saying to completely forgot Ftilt and run. If Kirby knows the match-up as well as we do, I think we'll have a harder time.

Kirby's Dtilt:

I swear, this move is so underused by Kirbys and SUPER underrated. His Dtilt is pretty amazing imo.

Let me explain. :3

Dtilt has a 50% chance of tripping the opponent.
Unlike a lot of the casts Dtilt, the hitboxes are small and weak. Never expect this thing to kill. Even then, you should fear this move. Avoid it. DON'T give him a chance to get a free follow up from a trip.

Sad thing is... Dtilt can trip at any percent below 180%(May even be higher if I'm not mistaken). Yeah sure, it seems stupid to even mention that we might live that long. The point is, that this is what gives Kirby really good, early and reliable kills.

Dtilt is fast and spammable. Peach can't grab Kirby OoS, as his ducking makes it impossible for Peach to grab anyone that short. You can't Fsmash him away. Dtilt is too fast. You can't Dsmash out of it. Dtilt is TOO FAST. You can't even Ftilt. Your only real option is to roll away. (If I'm not mistaken, I've been punished trying to roll behind because I got hit by the Dtilt somehow. If I'm wrong, let me know if it's even possible to punish someone at the start of roll animation OoS.). Another reason that you shouldn't roll behind to try to counter his Dtilt, is his Utilt.

Kirby's Utilt:
Watch out for this quick move. Getting hit by this means trouble. You don't want to be in the air first. He has too many follow ups after this that are pretty quick and safe.

Kirby's Shield Grab:

****.... ****! SON OF A *****. This thing is really fast.

Kirby's shield grab can even punish Peach's Royal Slaps(Jabs). Not just punish, but completely interrupt your slaps. He'll take damage but he wont take any stun or knock back. Just remember Kirby's grab is one of his best friends.

Kirby's Fsmash:

This isn't something you should really ever have to fear on it's own. It's very predictable and can be shielded pretty easily. What you should fear, is Fsmash paired with Dtilt. From a trip, it's easy for him to land his Fsmash.

Watch out for Fully charged lower angled Fsmashes in attempts to get through shields.

Kirby's Dsmash:
Honestly, don't expect Kirby to use it. Don't get me wrong, it can kill, but there are many more, safer and more reliable options he can do that cover what Dsmash can do. If anything, expect a mix-up.

Kirby's Usmash:
Again, Kirby has better options. Though, what a lot of players are deceived by is the hit box above Kirby when using this. This is what gets me the most. I tend to over look the hit box range and get hit when I clearly thought I was free from it's range. Expect mix-ups.

Kirby's Fair:
This is one of the few combos Kirby can perform on Peach out of Fthrow. The first Fair is almost guaranteed, but the second one is prediction of DI. It can be avoided, just don't be obvious about it.

Kirby's Uair:
As a Peach player you will start learning to hate this move. It doesn't always kill, but in this MU, that's not the purpose of it. Kirby can really get around any aerial mobility you have and keep you in the air, helpless. It's a slow, but good way for Kirby to rack up damage on us. Our poor air dodge, and lack of the ability to fast fall makes it that much more annoying.

Kirby's Jab:
This move is said to be useless.

People said Ike was bad, yet we see San placing top 16 in national tournaments.

Kirby's jab is something you need to work with to make useful. A true character main would use every move in their arsenal creatively. Kirby's Jab landing on shield can lead into shield pressuring. Kirby's Jab landing on the opponent can lead into multiple mix-ups. This move is highly underestimated.

And yes, I'm talking about single jab.

Kirby's Fthrow:
This can slightly combo Peach at early percents. Getting in grabs against Peach can seriously give Kirby an upper hand in this MU, placing Peach in the air, and Kirby to follow up with safe options.

Kirby's Dthrow
Again, used to slightly combo in early percents. Places Peach in almost perfect positions in the air for Kirby to follow up on.

Kirby's Bthrow:
You can't really combo with this. You can, however, put Peach in a more uncomfortable position, which would be off the stage.

Kirby's Uthrow:
If I'm not mistaken, this can combo into a Uair at early percents. This kills Peach at around 178%+.

"I want you inside me. :3":
Taking Peach's B move really isn't recommended. Save it for Kirbycide.

Alright, Peach enough of the tears..

STFU.

Ahh, that's better... Now for Peach's pros in this MU.

I can already see her smiling again.

Peach's Dair:

Alright... Kirby hates your Dair. This is a move you can use safely if you're not stupid. Don't approach with Dair either. Only use this to predict incoming ground game(grabs, dash attacks, tilts, smashes). Don't use this move when he's in the air. This move is strictly to counter ground game. When you short hop> float at the right angel it's really hard for Kirby to ever punish the move. If anything, he'll roll away.

Peach's Turnips:
I would have to say that in almost any MU, Turnips are best friends next to Ftilt and Fair. This is where your camping game comes in. Peach does not have to approach in this MU at all. Keep yourself at a distance at all times. Keep slowing down Kirby's approaches with Turnips ALL DAY. Let him come to you. Practice your backwards glide toss. It's one of the best ATs for this match. I usually don't depend on the random item pulls as they usually are lead to be used against me at some point. I'm not a bomb-omb professional and I feel that the Peach boards should delve into the bomb-omb game a bit more before I post my poor knowledge on it.

Peach Bomber:
Oh, how Peach players love to use this move. Love and hearts spew around like it's Valentine's Day. Don't use it. This move is so predictable. If you ever use this, make sure it's for mix-ups.

One fun fact about Peach's Peach Bomber, though. You can harshly punish Kirby's Final Cutter with this (WHEN HE'S RECOVERING). Always keep that in mind. The knock back of this move is extremely worth using when punishing Final Cutter.

Peach's Ftilt:
HNNNNNGG!! You LOVE this move for this MU. It's a great way to punish most ground game and that dreadful Bair. Only punish OoS. Even then, this move is amazing. The range is broken and the hit boxes also end up behind her towards the end up the attack. You can do whatever you want with this move, really. Add it into mix ups. Punish all ignorant ground game. Punish Bair. Also, if I'm not mistaken, it pushes back those that shield it. It's a good way to space.

Peach's Fair:
This move is VERY bitter sweet. Even when A canceling this, it can still disappoint you. This is where I bring up Kirby's grab again. His grab is so quick it's not funny. When landing your Fair on shield, he can still shield grab you. Even with proper spacing he can still grab you out of it. It's disappointing. Though, through mix-ups it can lead to a lot of great things. Just landing this move makes a Peach main happy.

Peach's Royal Slaps:
It's one of the fastest moves in the game and GREAT for a quick punish when all your other options have been dealt with. Slaps can lead into mix-ups. You can try almost any follow up to keep the opponent guessing. Experiment with it.

Peach's Bair:
I tend not to use this move as often, usually keeping it fresh for quick kills. Next to Royal Slap it is a very quick OoS option. I don't see Peach mains punishing things OoS with ground floated moves enough. When practiced enough, it's quicker than most options. Bair also has some lingering hit-boxes which can potentially punish spot dodges and lead into free grabs.

Peach's Uair:
By predicting Kirby's SDI properly, you can completely Uair string him. This will rack up damage extremely quickly. This is one of the fastest ways to gain a lead or completely catch up. Having the lead in this MU is more than important. Here, it usually means you're guaranteed the first stock. Also, keeping this fresh can give you some nice, early kills around 120%(In this MU, that's early. In ANY MU it's early.).

Peach's Dtilt:
This is underused by many Peach players. Just because a Peach player says, "I use it" doesn't mean they use it enough.

The difficult thing about this move is it's start up time. That's what makes timing this move a *****. Now, when this move hit's it's amazing. When this move hits shield, it's more than amazing. You can shield pressure from an awkward distance without having to toss a turnip. The range of this move is very underestimated by people that don't use Peach. Use this knowledge to your advantage. It's an ace up your sleeve.

Peach's Utilt:
It's a great move, but I'd rather not use this alone in this MU. Kirby's OoS and Air dodge options are much faster than the ending time of this move. It's very obvious to see it coming. Of course, it's not bad to throw out a couple times on stages with platforms like Smashville and Battlefield. I strictly use this for combos and punishing.

Peach's Dsmash:
This is Peach's GTFO move. Never charge it... It's the only move in brawl that gets weaker when charged. It's good for damage racking as you get more multiple hits in at higher percentages. It's seriously a great option to poke shields and punish spot dodges. Keep this move in mind and ready to use.

Careful when poking Kirby's shield. In this MU you need to play safe. He can punish OoS if the Dsmash doesn't eat his shield enough.

Peach's Usmash:
Another very underused move for the lack of dependability. I would have to agree with most Peach players. This move is hard to land. And usually when it does it's not that worth while. This can be used to punish falling Final Cutter, but you have to be quick. Don't use this move too much after a successful mix-up landing this move, especially sweet-spotted. The opponent WILL (Will's Donkey Kong reference)remember. This is only a one time kinda deal. Don't get Usmash happy.

Peach's Fsmash:
This is a great move in this MU. Expect a lot of kills to be made with this. Golf club is your best friend. Sweet potted racket will kill at around 80% being semi-close to the ledge. Always swap out the Frying Pan of False Hope. It won't be easy since Kirby will keep you busy pulling turnips and being as evasive as possible.

Peach's Fthrow:
This is a good move to rack up damage and keep Kirby at bay. Gives you time to set up your defensive game(Turnips).

Peach's Dthrow:
No, Peach can't chain-grab Kirby. This is useful at low percents to set up a hit from Ftilt or Utilt. Utilt is more recommended as a follow up since you won't be using it much during the match. Take advantage of the extra damage from a fresh hit. Every percent counts.

Peach's Bthrow:
Doesn't have too many uses. Use this to get Kirby to a side of the stage that you want. Don't expect for it to last long at all. He can just float his way over you. It's not bad to use to refresh your move set.

Peach's Uthrow:
Rarely, do I ever throw this move out. Kirby being above you isn't exactly an advantage for Peach. Again, use it to refresh moves.

Peach's Shield Grab:
If anything, be extra careful trying to punish with this during this MU. There are very few moves of Kirby's that Peach can shield grab. Shield grabbing Final Cutter works, but you probably won't be doing it so much anyway.

Toad:
Mix ups.
That's it. I can't stress that enough. Wiffing this WILL make you hate yourself forever.

FUN ****.

Mr. Saturn in hand:
Short Hop> Z drop Saturn on shield> Fair= Shield Break.

Stitch Face in hand:
Short Hop Float> Dair> Dair> Z drop Stitch Face> Fair= Shield Break

When getting rocked from above by Kirby off stage:
Toad= If low enough from the ledge, Kirby will lag out and shoot down to his death.

I think I can consider this MU thread done. I hope you all like it.

Overall, I would say this MU is 50/50.​

New MU on the way. Discussion is totally welcome.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=289750

Hist

Smash Cadet
Have you tried perfect shielding? if you p-sheild the b-air shouldn't you be able to grab or have enough time for turnip pulls theoretically speaking i mean. timing is probably strict. have you tried turnip toss into short hop float d-airx2 his shield might pop through that if he doesn't dodge. once again just trying to use what physics i can remember from our fights.

Nicole

Smash Champion
fsmash is good against kirby too.

remember that kirby cannot approach. watch what he does. anytime he throws out a bair is your chance to punish. count his jumps. don't jump into the air with him, jump before he does. if you can't jump before he does, then stay on the ground and use ftilt/fsmash. you have to watch and react to what he does. if you can do groundfloat nair/bair OOS, that is a good way to punish any ground moves he may try to do to you. you have to ground float them though, kirby is too short. jab to grab doesnt always work either, because he's so short. it's stupid.

ban brinstar, cruise, or halberd, probably.

anytime kirby isn't walling you with bair, you should be wrecking him. kirby players usually dont play the matchup gay enough. even so, since he cant approach, you can harrass him with turnips or bait him into doing bair. jump, and then land, and see if he has thrown out a sh/fh bair. you can punish this if he has, because you shielded the sh bair or ran underneath the fh bair.

doont let him gimp you early though, his dair beats umbrella. you shouldnt be getting hit alot in this MU, so you should be killing him around the time he kills you, or before he does. he cant really rack damage on you or combo you very well. dont **** with him when he's sitting near the ledge or is on the edge, he might inhale you and peach really can't come back from that.

i've beaten triple r and ybm, this matchup is annoying and irritating, but really fine. he's like a light, small ddd. i think it's in our favor at least at 55:45, it might even be more. he only has one move to harrass us with, while we have many more options we can do to him, because peach is capable of approaching or defending, where kirby can only defend.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
I'm not totally sure if I can agree with all of that.

Kirby can bait out our options and punish hard. He's more mobile in the air than we are. Fsmash is great, because it's something he can't punish, but if it's the Pan that comes out then, that's gonna suck for us. Our options can be canceled by the one move he can completely harass us with, and it's a more mobile option than ours, which allows him to abuse it better than we can abuse ours.

His Dtilt is FAST and not very punishable. If he wants, he can spam it until we dodge roll away.

Honestly I don't think the match-up is in our favor. I've followed the match-ups I've read before for Kirby/ Peach and I still don't feel comfortable at all.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
kirby players usually dont play the matchup gay enough.
This. Is a lie.

Lmao, actually it's the truth; it takes a certain quality and amount of gay to play this MU properly.

FSmash also beats BAir :( in additon to the aforementioned FTilt.

Don't get Kirbicided because Kirby will survive.

How does Peach combo Kirby from 0-45???

When Kirby is on the edge float directly above him; if he FCs then float above him w/ that DAir thingy and it'll beat Kirby's FC. If the Kirby doesn't FC then the two choices left are retreat from the edge and BAir to get back on or get up from the ledge (which isn't a good idea lol). Then only thing wrong w/ this is Kirbicide.

If Peach has the lead, don't approach. If Kirby has the lead, good luck.

Strike PS1, FD, YI.

Aim to take Kirby to BF or some other equally gay Peach stage that's a starter.

Edit: Kirby has no bad stages and any gimmicky stage is a plus for Kirby. And LMAOlololllololo0lolo9lololol that Kirby has more aerial mobility. Whoever says that is dumb/

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Have you tried using Peach's D Tilt?
Kirby and DK are two of the only characters I've found D Tilt useful for
Basically, if Kirby whiffs a Bair, you can D Tilt his legs if he lands on the ground whilst attempting to fastfall a Bair. You can also use D Tilt to slide back whilst F Tilting or F Smashing

Take Nicoles advice and play as campy as possible

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
This. Is a lie.

Lmao, actually it's the truth; it takes a certain quality and amount of gay to play this MU properly.

FSmash also beats BAir :( in additon to the aforementioned FTilt.

Don't get Kirbicided because Kirby will survive.

How does Peach combo Kirby from 0-45???

When Kirby is on the edge float directly above him; if he FCs then float above him w/ that DAir thingy and it'll beat Kirby's FC. If the Kirby doesn't FC then the two choices left are retreat from the edge and BAir to get back on or get up from the ledge (which isn't a good idea lol). Then only thing wrong w/ this is Kirbicide.

If Peach has the lead, don't approach. If Kirby has the lead, good luck.

Strike PS1, FD, YI.

Aim to take Kirby to BF or some other equally gay Peach stage that's a starter.

Edit: Kirby has no bad stages and any gimmicky stage is a plus for Kirby. And LMAOlololllololo0lolo9lololol that Kirby has more aerial mobility. Whoever says that is dumb/
No, it's not dumb at all.

Think about it. You have 6 jumps you can weave in and out of. We have a ****ty double jump. Then only thing we have is a float which is still completely vulnerable to your Bair. You also have the choice of turning in the air which can be more annoying than people would suspect.

@Rick: lol Yesh, I'ma try that today.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
No, it's not dumb at all.

Think about it. You have 6 jumps you can weave in and out of. We have a ****ty double jump. Then only thing we have is a float which is still completely vulnerable to your Bair. You also have the choice of turning in the air which can be more annoying than people would suspect..
It's dumb because while we DO have a bunch of jumps that gives us a nice vertical recover and the ability to stay in one spot aerially; Kirby has NO horizontal mobility (used for approaching, retreating and mixups). Peach has waaaaaaaaay more horizontal mobility. With that said, I never said superior you fool.

Brawlin

Smash Journeyman
Usually I just use Falco but anyway when I do use Peach, I have problems with Kirby's bair too. U just have to know how to shield and punish. I use dsmash, fsmash, ftilt and dtilt to punish. I dont think u should float too much anyway against Kirby.

Nicole

Smash Champion
jowii, quit trolling the nice peach players :(

he knows this MU well though, so try to ignore his MEAN COMMENTS and listen to what he has to say. we play alot, and he's really gay, haha

-Cross-

Smash Ace
I don't really know this MU for Peach but the fact that Kirby has no reliable approach is something that still applies here. Peachguard if you are having some much trouble in this MU, I think you should trying playing Kirby. Playing the character that is giving you so much trouble will help you realize the character's limitation and you will realize that the tools you perceive to be so good are not that great.

As any character, in general, vs Kirby, you need to realize that he has no reliable approach and there is more than one way to get around certain tools. Simply knowing that Kirby's only real option is bairing aside from baiting punishable actions makes this MU easier, and you should act appropriately. Also because bair beats almost everything in a head to head battle does not mean anything aside from the fact that you are at fault if you put yourself in a situation where you could only use an option that could be defeated by bair.

Also since this is your friend that plays Kirby, ask him what he looks for and how he makes decisions against you and any obvious habits you have that get punished.

Since my above was not really helping discussion, I have one question about this MU: Since Peach's grab is not so great in terms of range, is it better to sacrifice the grab option to have a turnip in hand to punish Kirby's actions on shield?

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Kirby can't approach.
You have a turnip.

You win.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
It's dumb because while we DO have a bunch of jumps that gives us a nice vertical recover and the ability to stay in one spot aerially; Kirby has NO horizontal mobility (used for approaching, retreating and mixups). Peach has waaaaaaaaay more horizontal mobility. With that said, I never said superior you fool.
******...Peach's horizontal mobility and ability to fight a character who is diagonally above her are both terrible. Pile that on with Kirby's tendency to fight from such a point and that presents a major problem. Why do you think I went MK on you in pools and just punished your "baircamping" with fulljump fairs?

I'll tell you why: Fighting Kirby with Peach is an unnecessary and annoying chore, especially since it's hard for Peach to get past his rather one-dimensional damage racking and aircamping game.

No anger or hate in this post, just real talk.

And no one better tell me to play a good Kirby to know what I'm talking about. I'm crewmates with one of the two good Kirby's in the USA and have faced him in tournament often enough. I've tried cracking the matchup from every angle. Fact is, Kirby has an easier time racking damage from 0 and therefore usually has the lead and is the one forcing an approach. Let's be realistic before defaulting to a "just play gay and camp" statement.

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
Hmmmmm.... Peach vs Kirby is an interesting matchup. I play the whole bait battle thing, which can get really irritating after a while. If you choose the path of a camper/baiter, you CANNOT get angry. Honestly, it costs you the game if you start approaching without thinking, because Kirby can kick the crap out of your senseless approaches.

My style is honestly to get the lead and camp. If you have the lead, then just keep throwing turnips until Kirby approaches you. There aren't many approaches that Kirby has anyways, so dealing with them isn't much of a problem. Turnips are your best weapon in this game, because it severely limits Kirby's aerial mobility. I like Bair, especially FC Bairs. I don't think it beats Kirby's bair head on, but I'm pretty sure you can shield a bair/fsmash and FC bair right back at them. Watch out for Kirby's baits- if you try grabbing, you might get whacked with an fsmash.

I think this match it even, if not slightly in Peach's favor, just because of turnips. You should also watch out for Rainbow Cruise (aerial mobility+things like the dair lock on the ship), Brinstar, Halberd and Delfino. I don't like BF against Kirby. I'd probably go either PS1, YI, SV, or FD.

Overall, I say 55-45 Peach

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
My two biggest Smash loves, Peach and Kirby. I have more fun playing Kirby against Peach than Peach against Kirby, I really don't think this is in Peach's favor at all (for reasons that have already been mentioned).

Brawlin

Smash Journeyman
Turnips forgot about those lol. Use them to your advantage since Kirby does not have much of a projectile of his own. Like everybody else has been saying, Kirby will have a tough time approaching. Expect him to abuse bair and learn how to punish it. Like I said eariler ftilt, fsmash, dsmash and possibly dtilt work well to punish from my experience. Btw, Kirby's attack power in the air is not good at all. He has bair but that's it. Try to stay in the air more when you get to higher percentages but not too much to get smacked by a bair. Just try not to make a mistake because his fsmash hits hard.

Stage picks: I like Final Destination and Smashville. I don't like platform stages like Battlefield for some reason. I just don't do that well against him on that stage for some reason.

Overall: Its either 50:50 or 55:45. Bair is not too bad when you learn to get around it and punish. His fsmash is powerful so you have to be really careful at higher percents if you are on the ground. Just take advantage of the fact that Kirby may have a hard time approaching and use turnips.

Hope this helps lol.

Hist

Smash Cadet
From a personal point of view and less of a technical i think you loose patience and get to high in anxiety when fighting difficult matches That coupled with Chews obvious upper hand in experience makes it hard for you to win. Just keep a cool head. That and like i said a bit more confidence on your approach can definitely get you the kill against chew.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
******...Peach's horizontal mobility and ability to fight a character who is diagonally above her are both terrible. Pile that on with Kirby's tendency to fight from such a point and that presents a major problem. Why do you think I went MK on you in pools and just punished your "baircamping" with fulljump fairs?

I'll tell you why: Fighting Kirby with Peach is an unnecessary and annoying chore, especially since it's hard for Peach to get past his rather one-dimensional damage racking and aircamping game.

And no one better tell me to play a good Kirby to know what I'm talking about. I'm crewmates with one of the two good Kirby's in the USA and have faced him in tournament often enough. I've tried cracking the matchup from every angle. Fact is, Kirby has an easier time racking damage from 0 and therefore usually has the lead and is the one forcing an approach. Let's be realistic before defaulting to a "just play gay and camp" statement.
This. That's what I've been getting at.

From a personal point of view and less of a technical i think you loose patience and get to high in anxiety when fighting difficult matches That coupled with Chews obvious upper hand in experience makes it hard for you to win. Just keep a cool head. That and like i said a bit more confidence on your approach can definitely get you the kill against chew.

This too.

I've gotten better at it though. We played today and well.. Our last match literally lasted 7min 30sec. I kept retreating, waiting for that solid opening. I finally got it, and won.. But this match is definitely a chore.

I still have to disagree about this being in Peach's favor. If anything it might be even or 55-45 Kirby.

@Nicole:

:f You're amazing.

If anyone else has more to add or input then go ahead. Anything small at all. I'll be editing this and I'll put it up on the intro.

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
Perfect Shield, grab-tap-throw or Perfect Shield and space away. As for Offense, Turnips, reverse grabs, dair/bairs...in order of importance.

Fight fire with fire, ergo, fight ghey wit ghey

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
jowii, quit trolling the nice peach players :(

he knows this MU well though, so try to ignore his MEAN COMMENTS and listen to what he has to say. we play alot, and he's really gay, haha
Lolz, fine fine.

@Peach- Don't go to FD.

******...Peach's horizontal mobility and ability to fight a character who is diagonally above her are both terrible.
I didn't say it was good yo, I'm just saying it's better than Kirbys.

Why do you think I went MK on you in pools and just punished your "baircamping" with fulljump fairs?
>_> Because you're gay? Lol.

I agree though, this is a MU Peach should just go to your secondaries. Otherwise Peach will waste a lot of mental energy playing campy and gay, also gettign frustrated by Kirby's ability to land heavy moves, and when you get kirbicided it's all out the window; by the time you're later in the bracket, you're frustrated.

And KBizzle, I was completely high from lain when we had a pools match; I forgot you played Y.b.M. and by the time it was time for our pools match I wasn't capable of doing much lol. NEXT TIME!!! REVEEEEEEENNNNGGGGEEEE.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
You severely overrate Kirby's Bair. It's good but not THAT good. Fair does outspace it so use it when you can. Turnips > Bair. You should also know that Kirby's Bair is quite linear, so you can sometimes just (mostly FH) Dair him if you see an opening (Or Uair, but he has to be quite high for that). Furthermore Ftilt/Fsmash > Bair. Turnips are probably the safest, but dont be afraid to mix-up here and there.

He also doesnt kill reliably at 80%, unless he sees a big opening and Fsmashes/SideBs you or something.

Peach is definitely not impossible to combo for Kirby, especially not from a grab. It is still not very rewarding for him, but he can pull of small combos at low %s.

So yeah, this match-up is pretty simple actually, Kirby has limited approaches and Peach is good at stopping his approaches, BUT he too can mix-up and some of his mix-ups are devastating, but then again, Peach finds opening much easier imo, she has a bunch of mix-ups and options and she too can get great rewards.

I've never seen Kirby as a major threat to Peach, but he's not someone to underestimate at all or you'll be sent flying high. 60:40 Peach imo.

:052:

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Apparently the Netherlands have no ghey Kirbehs.

Kirby's only real mix-up is that instead of using BAir, we can switch to a well spaced FAir that is FF'd to autocancel. Also if Kirby and Peach are both aerial and Peach lands first, Kirby can space aerial hammer.

Nicole

Smash Champion

KB i REALLY think you are not playing this MU right or something. i would never bother with a secondary against kirby.

you just have to watch what he does and punish where you can. he will be throwing out bairs ALOT, and bair isn't something that peach can't do anything about. you can fsmash, dash attack, ftilt, run up and shield -> whatever, etc. if he decides to NOT throw out bairs, you should be thanking him as you can finally be able to approach him. you can also fullhop dair some of his sh bairs, but i wouldnt do that TOO often.

dont think i dont hate fighting kirby, its one of my least favorite matchups. but its not a BAD mu. you just can't go aggro on him. but you dont want to just hang out camping turnips either. you really have to bait him into doing things. once you hit him out of his bair comfort zone, you can really lay the smack down.

i really have to disagree that kirby has an easier time racking damage, because he cant combo peach past 30ish. every other hit he does is a single hit - he can't string moves together on peach. you should be able to shield between dair and fsmash if he catches you with dair in the air. he's going to hit you with bair the most, which means it'll get stale and do less damage. i dont see how kirby racks that much damage. its just a problem that he kills early, because that means he doesnt need to rack that much and so his racking weakness is somewhat lessened.

if you get a bomb/stitch and he's in the air bairing, you get a free hit, pretty much, as both of those go through his bair. preeeetty situational :psycho:

dissenters?

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
I dissent.

>_> Kirby racks damage w/ crouch. It does like 1% if it doesn't connect but if it does connect, it sweetspots @ 100%.

Nicolio has the results against Kirbies. But she gets kirbicided so idk how much weight her opinion on this MU should carry.

(In a non-troll related post: Kirbies discussed this MU already earlier in the year but not too far back so here's the link: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=268916; It's rated as even. Idk if it's possible so I'll bring this up but, Lucario's aerial approach has a gimmick where, after a shielded DAir, the Lucario will then footstool>DAir and then run away. My question is, when Peach is floating above a Kirby who is shielding an obvious reaction is for Peach to DAir to eat the shield; is it possible at this point to footstool and regain 'time floating' in order to DAir again then retreat?)

Nicole

Smash Champion
^lol, i only get kirbycided by you in friendlies. if it were tournament, and you were hanging out by the ledge, just doing your thing and crouch taunting, i'd leave you there.

other kirbys should try to kirbicide more though...

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
^lol, i only get kirbycided by you in friendlies. if it were tournament, and you were hanging out by the ledge, just doing your thing and crouch taunting, i'd leave you there.

other kirbys should try to kirbicide more though...
If it was turnipment (see what I did thar) you'd still get kirbicided
but I'd slap the controller out of your hands first

As to the second comment....THATS WHAT IVE BEEN SAYING!!!!

Guyz, you should all avoid Ps1 and FD against Kirby in case it hasn't been said enuf. Time to go play Tmacc

Jebril

Smash Apprentice
This isn't a bad MU for Peach on the ground Peach beats Kirby, the only places Kirby has an advantage in are grabs, off the stage and B-Air spamming while you're in the air. He can do some nasty edgeguard stuff on Peach rock goes through umbrella, so you have to be careful. And his F-Tilt and F-Smash will get you from your float if you're not careful. You just have to play carefully.

I'm not even sure if B-Air is as good as you say it is, from the ground it seems like it's not that powerful it's only when Peach's in the air that you're gonna have problems, and you do have toad. So it's not THAT hopeless, more Peaches need to learn how to use toad to create another option for themselves.

z00ted

look, all you gotta do is float at high percentages.
his bair will be stale as **** anyways, there goes all his kill moves.

Kirby is a one demensional character.

FREE

Moozle

Smash Champion
My only question about this matchup is what do you do if you are grabbed at 0-25%? They usually always go for downthrow, which I'm tempted to Nair out of but that doesn't always work. I also try to float away sometimes but then I get Utilted. What's the safest way to get out of it?

LanceStern

Smash Lord
If Kirby ever does a rising or aerial bair to your shield, use the Instant Dash Attack ( <-- that's a link btw )

You will punish him every time, even if he's retreating. And no kirby ever does a full hopped retreating bair.

If he does a falling bair, maybe use OOS jab or just respace yourself.

My only question about this matchup is what do you do if you are grabbed at 0-25%? They usually always go for downthrow, which I'm tempted to Nair out of but that doesn't always work. I also try to float away sometimes but then I get Utilted. What's the safest way to get out of it?
I usually hold up and away from them on the analog stick. I get utilted, but not comboed

z00ted

nair also works WONDERS in this matchup.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Perfect Shield, grab-tap-throw or Perfect Shield and space away. As for Offense, Turnips, reverse grabs, dair/bairs...in order of importance.

Fight fire with fire, ergo, fight ghey wit ghey
I freaking love you.
You better go to WHOBO.

You severely overrate Kirby's Bair. It's good but not THAT good. Fair does outspace it so use it when you can. Turnips > Bair. You should also know that Kirby's Bair is quite linear, so you can sometimes just (mostly FH) Dair him if you see an opening (Or Uair, but he has to be quite high for that). Furthermore Ftilt/Fsmash > Bair. Turnips are probably the safest, but dont be afraid to mix-up here and there.

He also doesnt kill reliably at 80%, unless he sees a big opening and Fsmashes/SideBs you or something.

Peach is definitely not impossible to combo for Kirby, especially not from a grab. It is still not very rewarding for him, but he can pull of small combos at low %s.

So yeah, this match-up is pretty simple actually, Kirby has limited approaches and Peach is good at stopping his approaches, BUT he too can mix-up and some of his mix-ups are devastating, but then again, Peach finds opening much easier imo, she has a bunch of mix-ups and options and she too can get great rewards.

I've never seen Kirby as a major threat to Peach, but he's not someone to underestimate at all or you'll be sent flying high. 60:40 Peach imo.

:052:
I don't severely overrate his Bair. Fair DOES NOT out range his Bair, and Turnips will be killed upon reaction. Kirby won't be spamming Bair mindlessly. He's going to use it accordingly. If you have a turnip in hand, he'll wait for it. If you don't throw it, he can still out range you. You need to perfect shield them to have a guaranteed punish.

This match up is definitely not 60:40.

This isn't a bad MU for Peach on the ground Peach beats Kirby, the only places Kirby has an advantage in are grabs, off the stage and B-Air spamming while you're in the air. He can do some nasty edgeguard stuff on Peach rock goes through umbrella, so you have to be careful. And his F-Tilt and F-Smash will get you from your float if you're not careful. You just have to play carefully.

I'm not even sure if B-Air is as good as you say it is, from the ground it seems like it's not that powerful it's only when Peach's in the air that you're gonna have problems, and you do have toad. So it's not THAT hopeless, more Peaches need to learn how to use toad to create another option for themselves.
Really, what you're all doing is describing a bad Kirby. Kirby is NOT going to SPAM Bair. He's going to use it on reaction. :mad:

I know, Toad is an option but you can't just use it when you think he's gonna Bair. It's too risky to get punished.

look, all you gotta do is float at high percentages.
his bair will be stale as **** anyways, there goes all his kill moves.

Kirby is a one demensional character.

FREE
This is why you HAVE NO FRIENDS. Except me. :p

nair also works WONDERS in this matchup.
YES. Definitely.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
He can do some nasty edgeguard stuff on Peach rock goes through umbrella, so you have to be careful..
You must be a terrible person or something. If you Rock Peach while she's recovering, she does up which makes recovering easier; if you DAir, BAir or aerialHammer she dies.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
But rock is a safe KO if Peach has a lot of damage, it's definitely an option, especially considering Peach's slow air speed.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Sure you can use it @ 140~%s but @ some point you have to condsider DAir>Footstool to be the safest option if Peach is in a position that she's rock'able.

Edit: @ least illmatic sees the light.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Sure you can use it @ 140~%s but @ some point you have to condsider DAir>Footstool to be the safest option if Peach is in a position that she's rock'able.

Edit: @ least illmatic sees the light.
Yeah, but it's dumb for Kirby to be going for Dairs when she's not even at vulnerable percentages.

Top Bottom