• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - MLG Anaheim 2014 Perhaps it is too late

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADHD

Smash Hero
THE RULES CLEARLY STATE THAT: "No players may engage in 'intentional Forfeiting or conspiring to manipulate Rankings or Brackets,' with one of the possible penalties for such a violation being a competition ban."

Yet no such rule was broken by either me, or mew2king.

While I did offer to give him 300 dollars as a token as friendship because he had previously split with me when I was 2nd/3rd numerous tournaments in the past, it was not an intentional forfeit, rofl.

When I entered the ring (or stage if you must), Jason informed me that he was not playing well and he did not care of the result of the match. I said: "Alright, fine, let's just play it out."

So we did, and afterwards he asked me if I could split with him. I responded by saying "I'll give you 200-300 dollars, is that alright? I don't want a full split." Jason nodded and confirmed this was acceptable in agreement.

If the MLG staff prefers to respond with such a major punishment based on nothing but a silly game of telephone and rumors, so be it.

BUT PLEASE, DO NOT RELINQUISH WHAT I FULLY EARNED AT MLG DC. DO NOT TAKE AWAY THE 2,500, THAT'S ALL I ASK OF YOU. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.

Also, if the 300 dollars is the reason why we are both being banned, I do not have the money at the moment. I can easily keep it all, as I'm sure Jason would still be content and agree with this decision.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
BUT THE FUTURE REFUSED TO CHANGE

>lavos.jpg

Honestly, I hope MLG doesn't cap at Dallas so they can start hosting a real game again.
Like Smash 64.

Staco

Smash Champion
Wyatt, if it really was like that, just explain to them, that you never did some agreements on the match and played it out properly and you gave him the money afterwards, because he has given you money some time ago.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Lol, Fair enough. I don't even know why people wold think Jason out of all people would forfeit. I already know what happened, and the ban is actually BS.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
So, is this a typical "I got caught so I'm trying to change the story to save face" topic?

Looks a lot that way to me. Should be entertaining though. At least Dallas will be more exciting now...

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
i dont think my body can handle the 49 pages soon to come.

Good reason though, I don't see why they wouldn't lift the ban.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
MLG shouldn't pay them.

Cheating is cheating. If you can't prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that you weren't cheating, you don't get paid. It's that simple really. Hence why if you're going to cheat, you better make sure you won't get caught.

ADHD

Smash Hero
So, is this a typical "I got caught so I'm trying to change the story to save face" topic?

Looks a lot that way to me. Should be entertaining though. At least Dallas will be more exciting now...
I did no such thing, must you be a jerk? Do I look like a pathetic player that offers money to others to excel in the bracket?

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Right. Just like what every other cheater says when facing the very real possibility of losing money.

"But I didn't do anything!" Until proof is brought up of otherwise, and then it's "Alright, so I did, but only a little!" or "It didn't hurt anyone else!" or "Oh, I didn't know you couldn't do that because the rule was worded slightly differently!"

MLG isn't your local smashfest. There are different rules, with very real consequences behind breaking them in any possible way. Should have thought things through before splitting and/or rigging. Any additional punishment brought down due to this is justified: by going to their tournaments you agreed to play by their rules.

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
MLG shouldn't pay them.

Cheating is cheating. If you can't prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that you weren't cheating, you don't get paid. It's that simple really. Hence why if you're going to cheat, you better make sure you won't get caught.
He won D.C and therefore should get paid the prize money.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
this should be locked and you should seriously take this to pm

alot of money is at stake here as well as both your reputations

ADHD

Smash Hero
Right. Just like what every other cheater says when facing the very real possibility of losing money.

"But I didn't do anything!" Until proof is brought up of otherwise, and then it's "Alright, so I did, but only a little!" or "It didn't hurt anyone else!" or "Oh, I didn't know you couldn't do that because the rule was worded slightly differently!"

MLG isn't your local smashfest. There are different rules, with very real consequences behind breaking them in any possible way. Should have thought things through before splitting and/or rigging. Any additional punishment brought down due to this is justified: by going to their tournaments you agreed to play by their rules.
You don't know me personally, and yet you're attacking me.

The reason for our ban was an official rule that was seemingly "broken," but that obviously wasn't the case. MLG is corporate, and their rules are set in stone and established which warrants a ban. We didn't dance around the rules, nor did we commit to defying them.

Staco

Smash Champion
I don´t understand why M2K and ADHD shouldnt have played it out.
If they really made a deal, losing for money, then they should be banned of course.
But if ADHD gave M2K money afterwards, because they have splitted their money a lot of times before, there is no bad thing about it.
They can give their money to whoever they want, if they don´t forfeit matches for doing so.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
He won D.C and therefore should get paid the prize money.
If he won by cheating, he doesn't get the money, or his victory.

Heck, even the Olympics aren't afraid to take back gold metals if somebody cheats. Taking away his 1st place and money would be perfectly reasonable in addition to not being allowed at Dallas, depending on exactly which rules were broken, and how they were broken.

EDIT: ADHD, they said you guys broke the rules. Excuse me if a believe a company that has been running tournaments for years over one of the players being accused of cheating. You don't think something like this has happened before?

g-regulate

Smash Hero
i think you guys are missing the point. ADHD is ADMITTING to splitting in the past, and admitting to paying another competitor hundreds of dollars. whether it's cheating or not, I'm sure MLG has a no-tolerance policy for any kind of splitting/sharing in any way, so exclaiming how you've done it multiple times is only digging a deeper hole.

in other words, you should've just kept it secret... if you REALLY wanted to split, just do it after the tournament after you both get money, and then none of this would be happning.

ADHD

Smash Hero
i think you guys are missing the point. ADHD is ADMITTING to splitting in the past, and admitting to paying another competitor hundreds of dollars. I'm sure MLG has a no-tolerance policy for any kind of splitting/sharing in any way, so exclaiming how you've done it multiple times is only digging a deeper hole.

in other words, you should've just kept it secret... if you REALLY wanted to split, just do it after the tournament after you both get money, and then none of this would be happning.
Yes, I could have entirely left the splitting out. Yet, I didn't. I'm not a liar. When ksizzle informed me I was banned from the next circuit, I immediately jumped to the conclusion that it was for splitting itself, but then I learned it wasn't. If splitting is prohibited, then THAT should be listed on their website as the reason we are removed from the Top 16.

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
If he won by cheating, he doesn't get the money, or his victory.

Heck, even the Olympics aren't afraid to take back gold metals if somebody cheats. Taking away his 1st place and money would be perfectly reasonable in addition to not being allowed at Dallas, depending on exactly which rules were broken, and how they were broken.

EDIT: ADHD, they said you guys broke the rules. Excuse me if a believe a company that has been running tournaments for years over one of the players being accused of cheating. You don't think something like this has happened before?
you need to shut up because you have no idea what you're talking about.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Yes I do. The reason I'm not digging deeper into both of them about this is because I'm waiting for additional information. If MLG drops the charges I'll apologize accordingly. Until then: they cheated, and deserved to be punished accordingly. This is life, that's what happens in life. The people saying otherwise are simply silly.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Ok, first off.

To my knowledge, they can't revoke your winnings. Having them do so actually may involve a lawsuit, as they are not allowed to illicit money and then take it away after.

2) To the guy who is calling people cheaters, please don't comment with you do NOT know the situation, or rather, even then people involved in the situation. It makes you look a bit foolish, and silly.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
I would think MLG would consider splitting and paying other players as some kind of "match manipulation" in a way... albeit not clearly stated in the rules.

This happened in melee when i think Chu and Ken were in finals, and they had an agreement to split, and went like gameandwatch vs ganon, and various other silly matchups in the finals. MLG did NOT like this at all, but neither of them got banned.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Which is why I'm seeking the correct channels protest this allegation. Clearly, public protest is not the way to go, but in the time being I will support ADHD because he is my personal friend. Additionally, I enjoy a more informed public, and hence I am laying the details out on the table.

I have yet to either speak against MLG as a corporation, nor any of it's administrators or employees, and I will acknowledge and accept their decision either way, even if I think it's a bad one. That doesn't mean I'm just going to say nothing while I watch ADHD potentially get ****** out of money at yet another national tourney.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Let me get something straight, Niddo. I don't play for money.

Money isn't my motive to continue in brawl.. as I have every penny I've won off this game stored in my bank account. Don't believe me? I can prove it. I PLAY TO BE THE BEST AND FOR THE COMPETITION. Demanding forfeiting is so out of my character!

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
Lets be realistic guys, ADHD gets ***** by M2K every time they play! Its only natural that ADHD offer some money to get past such an insurmountable opponent. Imagine what M2K would have done to ADHD if he was trying. Probably something like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iakFciE-RVY&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqA0adrFepc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3Qu1CbZfCE

They should both be punished for altering the bracket and hopefully Wyatt learns that he can't just buy his way out of match he knows he can't win.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i think you guys are missing the point. ADHD is ADMITTING to splitting in the past, and admitting to paying another competitor hundreds of dollars. whether it's cheating or not, I'm sure MLG has a no-tolerance policy for any kind of splitting/sharing in any way, so exclaiming how you've done it multiple times is only digging a deeper hole.
Greg is amazing.

ADHD

Smash Hero
They should both be punished for altering the bracket and hopefully Wyatt learns that he can't just buy his way out of match he knows he can't win.
--nevermind lol--

AZ informed me he sent my story to the MLG ladder ref, or something like that via pm's.

*crosses fingers*

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
this is why you NEVER give someone money while still at the venue in front of EVERYONE

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Niddo, you have no idea what you're talking about. Were you even there? I was there.
I know how the world works. Companies are, the vast majority of the time, careful to make sure to have proof before accusing people of things. It's bad for business if they cry wolf.

I also know how cheaters work. They all use very similar arguments.

Lastly, I know you're friends with ADHD. I can appreciate the fact you're going to stick up for him. However: as it currently stands the argument is in MLG's favor.

@ADHD: You play to win then. To win, you need to get past people like M2K. There are more then one possible reasons to wish to cheat in some remote way to win. *shrugs* It doesn't have to be for money. You did give the money to him after all, and not the other way around. Again, currently the argument is in MLG's favor. If it proves to be wrong, I'll apologize to you. But the idea of people claiming you shouldn't be punished, even if it does prove to be true (either accidentally or intentionally cheating/rigging/w/e), is just stupid.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Greg is amazing.
Sure, but is in money perspective. By right, if ADHD or M2k receives money, they are given the right to split it how they want simply because it is his money. Offering to split money between 3rd and first has no actual way of skewing seeding. I am willing to bet that he did not intentionally throw the match as well, which is the actual reason why this is all nonsense.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
so what I'm getting is that m2k asked for a split AFTER losing to you. and you just said " I'll give you $300"?

I know friendship can mean a lot to people but I'm not just going to up and give a friendly competitor $300

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom