• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - MLG Anaheim 2014 Perhaps it is too late

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADHD

Smash Hero
so what I'm getting is that m2k asked for a split AFTER losing to you. and you just said " I'll give you $300"?

I know friendship can mean a lot to people but I'm not just going to up and give a friendly competitor $300
But it's traditional for us to split. I always split with anti, atomsk, m2k.

Staco

Smash Champion
I know how the world works. Companies are, the vast majority of the time, careful to make sure to have proof before accusing people of things. It's bad for business if they cry wolf.

I also know how cheaters work. They all use very similar arguments.

Lastly, I know you're friends with ADHD. I can appreciate the fact you're going to stick up for him. However: as it currently stands the argument is in MLG's favor.

@ADHD: You play to win then. To win, you need to get past people like M2K. There are more then one possible reasons to wish to cheat in some remote way to win. *shrugs* It doesn't have to be for money. You did give the money to him after all, and not the other way around. Again, currently the argument is in MLG's favor. If it proves to be wrong, I'll apologize to you. But the idea of people claiming you shouldn't be punished, even if it does prove to be true (either accidentally or intentionally cheating/rigging/w/e), is just stupid.
LOL Niddf.
You don´t even know anything, so shut the **** up.
We just know about that splitting thing.
It´s not forbidden.
If M2K gave money to ADHD in the past and ADHD is now giving him money, after winning, there is nothing wrong about it!
They are not breaking the rules!
If one of them lost the match on purpose to get money of the other, then it would be a forbidden thing.
But I didn´t see any prove of M2K forfeiting their set for money.
I also couldn´t imagine ADHD paying him money too loose the set, because ADHD regulary ***** M2K.
Why would he pay money to someone, he would have beaten propaply.
So there is nothing wrong about splitting.
Maybe MLG just made a mistake and interpreted something wrong in the splitting part.

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
I know how the world works. Companies are, the vast majority of the time, careful to make sure to have proof before accusing people of things. It's bad for business if they cry wolf.

I also know how cheaters work. They all use very similar arguments.

Lastly, I know you're friends with ADHD. I can appreciate the fact you're going to stick up for him. However: as it currently stands the argument is in MLG's favor.

@ADHD: You play to win then. To win, you need to get past people like M2K. There are more then one possible reasons to wish to cheat in some remote way to win. *shrugs* It doesn't have to be for money. You did give the money to him after all, and not the other way around. Again, currently the argument is in MLG's favor. If it proves to be wrong, I'll apologize to you. But the idea of people claiming you shouldn't be punished, even if it does prove to be true (either accidentally or intentionally cheating/rigging/w/e), is just stupid.
Why would he need to bribe a player he beats consistently?
m2k threw matches before(apex 1 GFs) and he did it again at DC
lolwut.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
What ADHD has to do is prove the intent of his actions

Staco

Smash Champion
What ADHD has to do is prove the intent of his actions
What MLG has to do is to prove the intent of their actions.
If they don´t have a prove to show that M2K lost to get money from ADHD, they can´t do anything to them and it would be completly unfair.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
(10:19:27 PM) lightxdream so u threw it
(10:19:33 PM) lightxdream ...
(10:19:34 PM) M2K yeah we agreed to it
(10:19:34 PM) lightxdream ok

m2k admits to alexstrife that adhd and him threw the match.

Laurel

Smash Ace

thank you captain obvious

that was a little ****ed to post that log though, isn't that the whole idea of PM

private messages?

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Oh, Jesus, this is going to be bad. Can we all agree that people who weren't at MLG shouldn't be posting their opinions on this? And that it was a flat out, herp-derp, ******** idea for ADHD to post this in the first place?

Please lock this. Please. Nothing good will come of it.

Staco

Smash Champion

lol, if thats true, good job m2k and adhd
be happy and say goodbye to your money

solecalibur

Smash Master
m2k threw matches before(apex 1 GFs) and he did it again at DC
That is greatly assumed , unless there is physical proof m2k for whatever reason let ADHD win to beat richbrown. If you saw m2k playing at all that day he was playing really really bad compared to how he normally plays (before ADHD vs m2k)

(10:19:34 PM) lightxdream Isn't that kind of strange how I can edit what ever I want? and m2k isn't your username LOL

ADHD

Smash Hero
Two major parts of the story conflict and now I have bad rep.

Well, I tried. I don't understand.

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
This topic has been compromised. ABORT. ABORT.

Although I need to say that there has got to be a better way to communicate with the appropriate party than this.

[SARCASM]
A Troll would never be able to find this topic!
[/SARCASM]

Life

Smash Hero
/popcorn
/notspam
ADHD did beat Rich Brown, who beat M2K. So it's not like it's totally impossible that ADHD won on his own merit.

More importantly, burden of proof lies on the accuser. The only person here who's remotely tried in that regard is Xyro, to whom I congratulate for knowing how to debate--but I must point out "pics or it didn't happen" applies. (Especially considering your log calls him "M2K" and not "Mew2King".)

*something witty involving conclusions and jumping here*

solecalibur

Smash Master
Holy **** 36 people reading but correct m2k's username isn't m2k or mewtwoking and by the looks of it they at least got the meebo part right , just the wrong username

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Some of you guys have met m2k...hes not the smartest person. I can entirely imagine him turning

M2K:'im playing bad, i dont want to play'
ADHD:'ok, lets play it out'

afterward the matches...

ADHD: 'Ill give you $300'
into

M2K:'lets split'
ADHD: 'ok'

afterward the matches...

ADHD: 'mmmm...nevermind only $300 for you.'
where in ADHDs mind m2k resigned himself to losing, asked him to play the games anyways, then offered him $300 because he felt bad.

And in m2ks mind "playing it out" meant "ok lets split".

m2k isnt the brightest person, you can pretty much entirely tell from that aim convo he wasnt even aware himself of what was going on.

i think you guys are missing the point. ADHD is ADMITTING to splitting in the past, and admitting to paying another competitor hundreds of dollars. whether it's cheating or not, I'm sure MLG has a no-tolerance policy for any kind of splitting/sharing in any way, so exclaiming how you've done it multiple times is only digging a deeper hole.
Also I saw nowhere that ADHD admitted to splitting at an MLG event. I think its very obvious that pros have split in the past before at other events. As far as sharing prize money theyve rightfully earned with any other competitor, wheres the rule against that? If they didnt want money won to be given to anyone else it should be clearly stated. Instead they only have a rule about intentional forfeits and bracket rigging. They dont even have a guideline saying its a bad idea.

Djent

Smash Champion
Oh, Jesus, this is going to be bad. Can we all agree that people who weren't at MLG shouldn't be posting their opinions on this? And that it was a flat out, herp-derp, ******** idea for ADHD to post this in the first place?

Please lock this. Please. Nothing good will come of it.
:201t::201h::201i::201s:

/thread.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
If what ADHD said in the OP is right, then money wasn't mentioned until after they had played the match, and if M2K essentially wanted to throw the match, then what's wrong with that?

Therefore, no deal or bribe could've been made, no manipulation of results.

I don't understand how MLG is saying it is.

Jem.

Smash Master
It doesn't help your case that Mew2King has a huge mouth. And maybe he didnt outright forfeit to you, but it isn't a stretch to think that Mew2King told people "I forfeited because I didn't want to play" if M2K isn't trying, he probably said he forfeited. It isn't too much of a stretch to think with Jason's big mouth.

(No offense jason if you read this, but come on)

Either way, MLG is probably done with Brawl even if Dallas caps out. Halo players are laughing and scratching their heads at this community.

Regardless, you should probably post this on the MLGPro General Discussion forum. And apologize to the whole community. There are people outside Smash who want to know who wins every MLG for Brawl and are interested. I had a couple people at MLG Columbus who were asking "Whose mew2king?" and i'd lead them to him and other top players to watch them play.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
thank you captain obvious

that was a little ****ed to post that log though, isn't that the whole idea of PM

private messages?
Pretty sure that's an aim conversation or something.

Conversation.

I also am apparently the only forumer in existence to not see anything sent in private messages as private. It's under the intention that you do not want it publicly shared unless asked first, but by no means do I see ANYWHERE that I am not allowed to post a PM log without acknowledging your consent.

I mean, if someone can point me to a rule/law stating that I'll take back what I stated. Until then it's an implied meaning that is stupid.

Another name for Private Messages is Direct Messaging. It is only implied that the information will be kept private, and is an "unspoken agreement" between the two people.

TL;DR
If you want information to be kept public, don't tell it to anyone unless you trust them to do so. If I had a private conversation with someone in real life, and I told them I killed someone and they told the police. Yeah, I'd be mad. But what about society's views on that?

OH **** MAN, THAT GUY GONE DID AND TOLD THE COPS THAT THERE GUY KILLED SOMEONE. THAT WAS A PRIVATE CONVERATION! WHAT A DOUCHE!

:nifty::leek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom