• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Brawl 5

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
The fifth event in B.C.'s Phoenix Brawl series is confirmed for the new year, so mark your calendars! The previous event yielded 35 entrants and ran very smoothly, and I'm hoping to expand on that this time around. We're looking to make this a true regional tournament, with most (if not all) of B.C.'s regulars, along with (hopefully!) a re-appearance from Alberta and showings from the US. Spread the word, and let's make it happen!

Link to the AiB tournament page (come here to register please!):
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=11138

Home Video
3274 Coast Meridian Road, Port Coquitlam, B.C.
(604) 941-9313

(click for a link to the location on Google Maps)

If you have any questions or concerns about reaching the venue via public transit, feel free to ask me, whether it's through a post in this thread, a VM, or a PM.

Entry Fees:​

Venue Fee: $5
Brawl Singles: $10
Brawl Doubles: $10 per person ($20 per team)

Payouts:​

Total entry fees for each event will be split into portions and distributed among the top placing players as follows...

Doubles
1st - 50%
2nd - 25%
3rd - 15%
4th - 10%

Singles
1st - 45%
2nd - 20%
3rd - 15%
4th - 10%
5th - 5% each

*Note - Pot splits may change depending on the attendance.

Schedule:​

10:00am - Venue Opens, Brawl doubles registration
11:00am - Brawl doubles
2:00pm - Brawl singles registration
3:00pm - Brawl singles
10pm - Venue closes

All times (with the exception of open/close times) are approximate.

Rules:​

3 Stock
8 Minutes
Sets will be best 2 of 3.
Winners, Losers, and Grand Finals will be best 3 of 5
Items are to be set to "Off" and "None".
BYOC (Bring your own controller.)
Player may not counterpick to the last stage they won on.
Dumb Stages can be used. (Any stage can be played on if both players agree).

Sets will proceed in this format:
1. Players pick their characters*** and a stage is picked using a 1-2-2-1 stage strike from the list of 7 Starter stages. Game one is played on the remaining stage with the characters chosen before the stage strike.
2.The winner of the previous match chooses a stage from either the Starter list or the Counterpick list to ban. The loser picks a stage from either list that wasn't banned. The winner selects their character, and the loser selects their character afterwards.
3. Step 2 is repeated until the set's winner is determined (though each player only gets one stage ban in the case of a best of 5 set).

In the event of a time out, the winner is determined by stock, and then by percentage. If a tie exists, play a 1 stock match on the same stage with the same characters to determine the winner.

If Ganondorf initiates a Ganoncide with both players on their final stock, the win will go to Ganondorf. Any other suicide moves will end as indicated by the results screen, with a 1-stock, 5 minute rematch in the event of a Sudden Death).

The 50 ledgegrab rule is in effect (You may only grab the ledge 50 times in a match). Players who suspect their opponent have grabbed the ledge more than 50 times must call it before they leave the results screen, otherwise we will not be able to enforce this rule.

Any action used to cause the match unfinishable (freezing or other glitches) will result in the forfeit of the match by the initiator.

Metaknight's Infinite Dimensional Cape is banned. Standing infinites are banned. Ice Climber's Fusion glitch is banned.

Players using a Wii-mote to play must take their batteries out when not playing. For any disobedience of this rule, we'll punish as we see fit. (LOOKING AT YOU LANDON)

By entering the tournament you agree to have any tournament matches be recorded if possible, and be uploaded without the need for consent by the players in the match. The only time a match can be requested not to be uploaded is with extraordinary occurrences such as a power outage during the match. Failure to abide by this rule can result in a DQ for a tournament match. Reasoning: I believe that if players attend tournaments and play with the potential ability to win money at the expense of the community, the community is allowed to watch matches that are part of these tournaments that had money on the line.

We will be adding rules as needed, and without notice. The final word comes down to myself or another TO's decision.

Stagelist:​

Starters
Final Destination
Smashville
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Pokemon Stadium 1
Lylat Cruise
Castle Seige

Counterpicks
Halberd
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Pictochat
Pokemon Stadium 2

Set-ups:​

The venue provides us with a great supply of CRT TVs, but if you have any more to bring, they are still greatly appreciated. We do need lots of Wiis, so please bring them, and let me know that you will be providing them.

Attendence:​

If you are able to attend, please post, and I'll put you on the list. A star denotes that the person is unconfirmed. Orange names are from Alberta, Blue names are from Washington, and Yellow names are from Oregon.

1. Firefly
2. Barrow Roll
3. Cheeszeman
4. Captain L
5. DolphinBrick
6. Bundtcake
7. LFL
*8. SKidd
*9. D~Mac
10. Sion
11. breez
12. StarWaffle
13. GrapE
14. IHT
15. Blunted_Object10
16. smash_mash
17. Alphicans
*18. HNG
19. Asa
20. Blue Yoshi
*21. Scaphist
22. JProph
23. bluetooth
24. silverdrop
25. Kyle
26. Cameron
27. Bryan
28. T-pagne
*29. Cozy
30. Ced
31. Clouderz
*32. Crisis
33. SPAZ
34. gamer_mason
35. Karupin
*36. Komodo Joe
*37. M1M1C

* 38. Indigestible Wad
39. Erik

Poster Contest:​

I want a poster made for the tournament. Whoever submits the best poster, selected by myself, won't have to pay the venue fee. So use your photoshop skills and impress me!

Housing:

Anybody who needs a place to stay overnight or is able to provide housing for anybody should contact Asa. He will be in charge of coordinating housing. I will update any relevant information below.

I hope to see you there!

:005::008:

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
First?
I may come to this btw. It's a definite possibility.

Captain L

Smash Champion
I'll be coming to this.
Proooooooooobably.

I think we should legalize distant planet and get rid of the LGL for a memorable event like this.

and my wiimote has never caused unintentional interference.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Money's tight... Put me down as unconfirmed.

[EDIT]

I got a score to settle with Jake and a full set to finish with Captain L.

FOR MY WIIIIII!!!

Asa

Smash Hero
it should probably be the universal olimar sig since 3/4 of us are gay

T-block

B2B TST
i will have just settled into calgary by this time... i doubt i'll have things organized enough to come out to this =\

plus i wanna go when the rest of alberta goes ;D

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
i will have just settled into calgary by this time... i doubt i'll have things organized enough to come out to this =\

plus i wanna go when the rest of alberta goes ;D
Never give up hope! =D

You should make Phoenix 6 around the time of Genesis 2. So we can go to BC and then fly/carpool from there.
One thing at a time! Though that does actually sound pretty cool...

:005:

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I definitely will not be coming to this. The only other OoP tournament I'd end up going to is the national tin was advertising, and even that is a maybe. January is pretty meh. I don't think much of AB will show.

SKidd

Smash Master
This is a separate tourney than the one in the monthly thread?

leave me unconfirmed

I'll be practicing my melee

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I definitely will not be coming to this. The only other OoP tournament I'd end up going to is the national tin was advertising, and even that is a maybe. January is pretty meh. I don't think much of AB will show.
Speak for yourself. :embarrass:

This is a separate tourney than the one in the monthly thread?

leave me unconfirmed (weather...)

I'll be practicing my melee
Yes, it is. This is not a monthly. =P

:005:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
If I can somehow go, I wanna give you the rematch you deserve, Breez. Take me on and see what happens since I've gotten even better since last time.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
definantly can make this one =]

i'll fix my wii's and bring all 3 =D

maybe can house again

Top Bottom