• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sooo I was thinking... Tourney in Evansville in June?

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Thinking about hosting a tourney in June.
Thoughts? Objections? Concerns?

far from final at this point, just throwing it out there, cause the MW needs more tourneys and I'm not helping by laying around doing nothing.

Tourney name = "Dropzones for All"

I'll pay $25 out of my own pocket to some1 who is experienced with Tio to help me with this.

Reneblade and I just talked, I just wanted to fill everyone in and ask yall a few questions.

We most likely we will be co-hosting a tournament here in June. We both agreed that we will have someone really experienced like BigD and/or BunBun run the brackets and they will enter for free of course/get paid $25 bucks it means the same thing.

I have alot of experience bringing big names to tournaments, getting housing for lots of people (I host up to 30 at every POE) and I know alot about venues, even if the last one wasn't the best ever. Anyone who tries to host in Evansville will have to retrace alot of footsteps leading to dead ends. Reneblade has alot of enthusiasm, has good connections with big names as well, and is generally likable and hypeworthy. Combined with the bracket skills of BigD and others, I think we will make a great team.

So I was hoping for some feedback from you guys on a couple things.

1: I think we should keep the POE name. Not because I am conceited or "need my name out there", but because it will help the numbers, I promise. Similar to the SMYM name but to a lesser extent, the POE name has a decent history. Several players want to come to "another POE" including Zhu and MacD. Wobbles currently holds the POE trophy and is somewhat tied in to coming to another one =D. I think that keeping the POE name is the best idea to make this into a huge 100+ person tournament which I believe we can do. PS: I am totally up for a "POE: Dropzones 4 All" which I think would be a great name, still POE4 for short.

2. I completely understand people not being happy about how brackets were run at POE3. However, I think it is time to forgive, and understand that someone else will be doing that part. I did a great job getting big names, putting in tons of hours for them finding them super-cheap flights (talk to RockCrock) and putting down my own money as an insurance policy in order to get big names rolling in (talk to Zhu). That is exactly what I would be doing this time. I am just asking for your support, and was hoping we could move past the "not coming if PEEF is involved" stuff. That won't help this tournament.

3: Possible dates? Start spitting them out.

Overall, I will be doing what I do best, Reneblade will be doing what he does best, and people like BigD will be doing what they do best. If the midwest really supports the tournament, we should have no problem making POE4 (if we choose that name) a 100+ man tournament with full midwest support and strong appearances from other regions.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Tourney title = complete win.

Tourney geographical distance from MI = :(

Well, if it's as big as POE3, I'd probably make the drive...

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
i already talked to kirbykaze and hax.
both of whom said they'd be there. so...yah know. its hard to make solid plans for 6 months away, but ppl are interested!

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
If KK and Hax are confirmed, you better believe I'm there too.

I'd like some... proof of these confirmations though ;)

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
i dont think you can get actual proof of confirmations if you dont even have a date

just sayin

Dart!

Smash Master
ask them on aim :)

<3

what if some1 gets married?
Dude this is how i got ****ed out of SMYM

The smym topic opens...we all agree to march 5th

i go on thanksgiving break, i get there and hear my godmother is getting married

i ask her when she's got it planned...she says march 5th.

**** me

WatchYourRadar

Smash Apprentice
I would love this Reneblade!!! Doooooooo it!!! The Indy Melee scene sucks and I will be depressed all summer!!

Tomacawk

Smash Master
poe 2 venue was nice and spacey. it was really cold though. and sleeping on that freezing tile with no pillow/blankey was brutal
poe 3 venue was huge EXCEPT WHERE WE WERE. lol
idc which you use

i'd like to be here
rename tomacawk birthday bash imo, I turn 21 on the 8th of june

Big_R

Smash Champion
poe 2 venue was nice and spacey. it was really cold though. and sleeping on that freezing tile with no pillow/blankey was brutal
poe 3 venue was huge EXCEPT WHERE WE WERE. lol
idc which you use

i'd like to be here
rename tomacawk birthday bash imo, I turn 21 on the 8th of june
cold and spacy...in june? doesnt sound like a problem...

also poe3 was the ****in janitors closet

regardless if peef is involved in hosting i cant go. sounds like a major diss but it made me hate this game for months....

i reccommend distancing ursefl from the poe name which im not too worried about considering the diff name....just sayin poe3 caused bad memories for my circle of bros so yeah...

Tomacawk

Smash Master
yeah good point bigr, it could be warmer
I think the tournament would be fine if Peef did it.
man this tournament will rock
could I potentially get renechris housing for the day before? hopefully there aren't 40 people that wanna be at his house too lol
could be a sticky situation

bryu_1337

Smash Journeyman
You can count me and Foxy in, bro. Probably Rob, too, and maybe another of our buddies from So. Ill. We'll definitely need housing, though. Also, let's smashfest after Christmas!

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
The 1st priority ppl staying with me will be the OoR ppl, but i'll have room for dart and co probably.

ALSO i'm gonna put this in the OP, I'll pay $25 out of my own pocket to some1 like Big D or anyone who is experienced with Tio to help me with this.

sounds good bryu.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Eh, unfortunately Peoria is nowhere near our optimal route. Looking at the map, it looks like we'd be passing Indianapolis and Louisville to get to this >_>

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Actually, our optimal route might be to pass by Dayton, Cincy, and Louisville...

This drive looks awful :(

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
seriously, wtf? where are you getting this from? cause mapquest doesnt have u in Ohio @ any point.

(i'm not saying mapquest is the way to go, but i'm geniuely curious as to where ur info is coming from.)

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
mapquest says 7 hours 37 minutes without ever being in ohio. and 462 miles instead of 463 :p.

you should just get a GPS instead like me :D

cjugs

Smash Ace
i'm all for sleeping in my car if we don't have enough room at renechris's
IDK i'll see if i can house one ow two people depends on what my folks say, i could definetly house dart i know for a fact if reneblade could handle dart being gone that is. Rockcrock you need to come i was gonna post reasons why but seriously you know why you should just come Trust me.

WassupJB

Smash Lord
i'm interested but that's sooo farrrr.

when's that star trek beaming shiit gonna come out??

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Reneblade and I just talked, I just wanted to fill everyone in and ask yall a few questions.

We most likely we will be co-hosting a tournament here in June. We both agreed that we will have someone really experienced like BigD and/or BunBun run the brackets and they will enter for free of course/get paid $25 bucks it means the same thing.

I have alot of experience bringing big names to tournaments, getting housing for lots of people (I host up to 30 at every POE) and I know alot about venues, even if the last one wasn't the best ever. Anyone who tries to host in Evansville will have to retrace alot of footsteps leading to dead ends. Reneblade has alot of enthusiasm, has good connections with big names as well, and is generally likable and hypeworthy. Combined with the bracket skills of BigD and others, I think we will make a great team.

So I was hoping for some feedback from you guys on a couple things.

1: I think we should keep the POE name. Not because I am conceited or "need my name out there", but because it will help the numbers, I promise. Similar to the SMYM name but to a lesser extent, the POE name has a decent history. Several players want to come to "another POE" including Zhu and MacD. Wobbles currently holds the POE trophy and is somewhat tied in to coming to another one =D. I think that keeping the POE name is the best idea to make this into a huge 100+ person tournament which I believe we can do. PS: I am totally up for a "POE: Dropzones 4 All" which I think would be a great name, still POE4 for short.

2. I completely understand people not being happy about how brackets were run at POE3. However, I think it is time to forgive, and understand that someone else will be doing that part. I did a great job getting big names, putting in tons of hours for them finding them super-cheap flights (talk to RockCrock) and putting down my own money as an insurance policy in order to get big names rolling in (talk to Zhu). That is exactly what I would be doing this time. I am just asking for your support, and was hoping we could move past the "not coming if PEEF is involved" stuff. That won't help this tournament.

3: Possible dates? Start spitting them out.

Overall, I will be doing what I do best, Reneblade will be doing what he does best, and people like BigD will be doing what they do best. If the midwest really supports the tournament, we should have no problem making POE4 (if we choose that name) a 100+ man tournament with full midwest support and strong appearances from other regions.

Top Bottom