• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FGCU Smash: Omega *12/04/10* FGCU, FL

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
FGCU Smash Omega Results
Date: 12/04/10

Low Tiers:

1. Sheikssbm :bowser2: :samus2: -20$
2. Mink :jigglypuff: - 10$
3. Swolf :mario2:
4. Mechmaniac :samus2: :zelda:
5. SSGUY :mario2: :ivysaur:
6. PUS(S)Y :lucas:

Doubles
Pot - 40$
4 teams
Bracket:

1. Sick Shxt (Swolf:metaknight: and Sheikssbm :luigi2:) -20$
2. Green Alert (Mix:snake: and Moogie:wario:) -20$
3. I Don't Like The Tone Of Your Skin, Boy (Dfear:diddy:and Mink:jigglypuff:)
4. The Watchtower (Viper:marth:and Megaladon:snake:)

Singles
Total Pot: 80$
Total Participants: 16

Bracket:

1. Sheikssbm :luigi2: 42$
2. DFear :diddy: 21$
3. Swolf :metaknight: :wolf: 7$
4. M!x :snake: :wario:
5. Viper :falco:
5. ****** :rob:
7. Moogie :snake:
7. Mechmaniac :snake: :samus2:
9. 4loko :sheik:
9. TRA :marth:
9. Mink :zerosuitsamus: :jigglypuff:
9. Mao Mao!! :samus2:
13. NahF! :gw:
13. Shinibu :snake:
13. Hitman :luigi2:

Video Section:

Two-Ell

Smash Master
which is why I'm bringing Force replay codes for my wii whenever singles/doubles starts at a tourney. FL is hella lazy when it comes to saving replays.

:rosalina:

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
I noticed the low tier match was saved. Were any of the singles matches recorded?
I was getting very frustrated that Naples would not cooperate with me and save games in WS WF LF & GF.

People were johns and refused to record matches. Most notably in the WF, GF and LF. Aka any of the matches we wanted to save.
.... naples.
their reasoning was its there crew or something like that and they play all the time. but that not what its about. We save the replays to show the community. Not for what ever Naples ment but the reason they gave me.

which is why I'm bringing Force replay codes for my wii whenever singles/doubles starts at a tourney. FL is hella lazy when it comes to saving replays.

can you help me get my hands on these codes it would be much appreciated.

2link da bess in fl

Two-Ell

Smash Master
A premade .gct of the Force replay code: http://www.mediafire.com/?ycy5j3unamz

The code itself if you want to make your own .gct:

Disable Exiting Result Screen until Replay is Saved [NTSC-USA] Y.S.

C20F4560 00000002
38800001 90820000
60000000 00000000
040EB844 5400A7FE
040EB850 5403A03E
040EB868 5400A7FE
040EB874 5400A7FE
040E8040 4E800020
205A9320 00000001
040EB844 5400E7FE
040EB850 54030422
040EB868 540057FE
040EB874 5400E7FE
040E8040 9421FF60
E0000000 80008000
C20E6AC8 00000002
38000000 90020000
38000001 00000000

Do keep in mind that with replays of dubz matches they tend to get desynced(this happens even without force replay anyway) when they last longer than like 5.5 mins due to four players making so many inputs. Just remember that if you see that happen in any of your replays. It's not the force replay code's fault if you see it happen.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
huh didnt know about force replay, going to have to get on that for my wii since I usually am pretty lazy to save matches too or I usually forget.

I mostly just wanted to watch dfear vs sheik in GF and the previous set they had. I'm guessing since they split GF wasn't too important in watching but the previous set probably was worth watching.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
I had it on my wii at Tommy_G's when the tournies started. I don't think I would've had as many videos to put up if I didn't have it lol. I wanted people to play the WF/LF/GFs on my wii, but they wanted to use a tv on the other table D:

but yeah feel free to grab the code for yourself. Keep the codeset on another card or renamed on your main card until singles/doubles starts at a tourney you're at though. People might get annoyed having to save every match when they're just playing friendlies or something.

-!-

Smash Lord
I mostly just wanted to watch dfear vs sheik in GF and the previous set they had. I'm guessing since they split GF wasn't too important in watching but the previous set probably was worth watching.
Actually Chris lost to Luis in winner semis, not to Dfear dew. Chris only played Dfear in grand finals. From what I saw, I dont think Dfear managed to pull a win against chris in GFs. though there where more like friendlies tbh and they played at least a dozen times lol

As to the whole saving matches, it was kinda pointless to do so since it was "crew vs crew" obviously it was forced sandbagging, you guys where being unreasonable with the whole splitting. It was as simple as this, SuperWolf lost to Dfear in winner finals nd decided to give Sheikssbm a shot at grand finals. Maybe wolf wolf could have beaten sheik again or maybe not, at that point i would say wolf got lazy and didnt wanted to play again or w/e. you guys forced luis and chris to play or you would give all the money to Dfear, and it got to a point where u guys wanted to DQed Dfear as well and give me and Viper money lol (was fine by me)

This is not MLG where u guys put in from your pocket $10,000 and dont even cap your tournament making up what u guys put in with singles fee to be calling out bracket manipulation or the change in starters lol c'mon it was kinda dumb, you where being to serious about this $5 tournament that didnt even hit 20 people, less then $100 in the pot and u where complaining about wanting to see the matches played out when in the end u guys where barely even there seeing the matches. tbh it look more like hating to me :( idk thats how I felt, I dont understand how in one tournament you guys allow such acts but then the next u become sensitive about it. you can say a reason why we refuse was becuz u guys where being gay with the whole splitting, not only that but when I told you Viper to save our set u just johned and said "its not important" i just dont get it, any set is good enough for the community to munch on, so its not cool saving a set where ur in, but it is straight to save a set where people are sandbagging lol

Emo^Wolf

Smash Journeyman
yea dawgg u guy's took this too serious the stages was wack alot was we came for the money dawg nd cux mink was telling me he was gonna surprise me nd this nd thaat nd him wining but naw dawgg. nd complaining about the matches being played out agh we saved some matches but like mix said any matches recorded nd uploaded the comunity would like it, my set vs viper was recorded but im guessing no one wants to see that cux viper said, oh btw for the record it was a 3 stock dawg its safe on that wii

oh nd teams was sickk Shxtttt lol

we recirded the first set with me nd shuiek i didnt see whywe had to record the second one we play all the time savcing matchs like that are pointless, all the other matches we saved on u guys were cool but not coool enough for u guyssss <_<

in general Naples took tis it was sick shiek mix even danny lol rob good shxt,

Dfearr= whats up dawggggggggggggggggggg

SwampDowgs-thnkd for making it ALIL harder with the stagess lol
nd mink too badu didnt makje it far enough in the real bracket so we could of played dawgg

i want my videos!!! hahah nd dew u sick dawg

laterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
WS WF LF GF are the sets i wanted to save. if i would have saved every set and put them up online is time consuming. Maybe you guys dont understand that i have to watch every game to record it and sets take 15-20 mins can i get a break? And if i were to have made it to any of the listed rounds i would have saved the games no matter who they were against.

Look splitting is gay and the way the good shee crew did you guys at the first tourney in dubs was ****ed up. So we did not want that to happen again at this tourney no matter who was doing it.

-!-

Smash Lord
yea yea lol almost nothing got recorded and since nothing else was intended to be recorded except for what u listed u wont be able to upload anything at all. splitting is not that gay at all, specially if its among friends. people do it all the time mlg made it a big deal cuz after all it was their money that they put in, the singles fee wasnt enough to cover the prizes. that i can understand, but this was more so of a joke, ****ty but it w/e now.

maybe next time just safe the matches and just upload what ever u feel is good enough, or in case u dont get as many like this time. or gve it to someone else that is willing to waste a lil of their time to do so.

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
i waste a lil of my time getting ws wf lf & gf. If you look at some results threads with vids they only get wf lf and gf i want to get WS as well. I dont feel that recording the early sets of a tourney mean much seeing as the best players play later in the tourney if seeded properly witch was our case. if you would like to record games on an SD card for your own use that is fine bring an sd card and get your games.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
i tried so hard to win against chris without playing gay/hardcore aggressive...i was more experimenting when to attack and or when luigi is vulnerable or when luigi is considered in a bad position...but imo luigi is broken and godlike xD...sheik is too good at luigi... NOTHING beats luigi's bair/nair....NOTHING im down to put money on crap...only way to beat luigi is honestly wait for him to fight u first...but then it starts getting frustrating right after that xD

btw NAPLES ARE MAH DAWGS :p

about me not recording matches...i would consider myself a fast paced person i guess? i just press a asap without even rememberin to record matches so i apologize for that.

@mink. best dood ever

@viper. SNAKKKKKEEEEEE

-!-

Smash Lord
Dfear i still cant believe that petition lol well play for sure next time dawwwg :)

GreenAce I can't believe u didnt showed up :(

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
hmm so wolf beat chris, that would've been interesting to watch then. I guess i got the previous info mixed up then. lol so if thats the case why werent GF played out then? were yall just tired or something and just felt like splitting?

DFEAR

Smash Hero
my john was i didnt eat since lunch on friday lol i had to pay 5 bucks for a plain mchicken from mechmaniac cuz i was starving and even then that didnt help :\ i was too fried up but hell gf's wouldve been fun to watch o.o they WERE played out BUT i was focusing more on luigi himself than winning
and wolf got 3rd chris and i split 1st...i then gave wolf 5 bucks cuz hes from naples and a dawg lol i stayed in winners whole time

-!-

Smash Lord
hmm so wolf beat chris, that would've been interesting to watch then. I guess i got the previous info mixed up then. lol so if thats the case why werent GF played out then? were yall just tired or something and just felt like splitting?
Luis went Wolf on Chris, match one wasn't recorded but game 2 and three where saved so im assuming Viper will upload those for sure since there was barely any matches safe, and that was on winner semis btw. Luis won game one. the set was pretty epic though :O

and yea GF where more so like friendlies instead of real sets. Dfear was just experimenting to see what works and what not, the match up seems to be to Luigis by a lot.

also Dfear, daaammmn i didnt knew u where starving since the day before, that sucks :( I bet u had a feast after the tournament hahaha

also I dont think Wario should be put next to me lol I dont play wario at all it was all for fun, even though I only used him against mink and won, i still dont think hes worthy... i did however played wario on doubles, not Snake. u can change that if u want.

I didnt knew Mech beat u mink whats up with that??? lol i was wondering why u placed low.

-!-

Smash Lord
is that so? lol I thought it was the other way around. my mistake.

EDIT: where where u at btw?

Mechmainiac

Smash Cadet
my john was i didnt eat since lunch on friday lol i had to pay 5 bucks for a plain mchicken from mechmaniac cuz i was starving and even then that didnt help :\ i was too fried up but hell gf's wouldve been fun to watch o.o they WERE played out BUT i was focusing more on luigi himself than winning
and wolf got 3rd chris and i split 1st...i then gave wolf 5 bucks cuz hes from naples and a dawg lol i stayed in winners whole time
Im sorry I only took your offer oui I feel like i failed your 5 bucks but anywho next time ill tell ya when im getting something to eat take ya with

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Swolf man, i dont think you understand the reason for videos. It's not because we want you to beat your meat watching them online. It's for the community. When you see a tourney with good players and you wanna watch the matches in the finale, it's nice to watch it. It' snot a big deal, and i dont care if it's "in your crew so it's not worth it" but me and viper and megaladon and mech have tons of matches on our youtube just between each other. That doesn't make them any worse of matches or stupid. They're tourney matches.

And as for the stage list, you knew beforehand that this tourney was going to have a different stage list than normal. If you wanted to be johns about the stage, don't come. If you didn't wanna play on a laggy TV and waited for 20 minutes until a tv was open, you shoulda brought a TV. I was trying to make a fun and experimental tourney as my last tourney i'm hosting at FGCU. I didn't think that was too much to ask.

As for the money splitting/forfeigting thing, Swolf, i dont care if you play sheik all the time, i dont care if he always beats you, or your scared of DFear or whatever. Some people want to see good matches. I didn't wanna hold a tourney so that the best players can come and just rig the bracket, i wanted to watch good matches. Is it so much to ask that i wanted you to have legit fights againt sheik? I don't think it's that crazy. And as for Dfear and skeik, i dont care what you do with the money after. I think alot of people were greately interested in watching the match. For all i care you guys coulda wiped your *** with the money. I just wanted to watch it.

I'm sorry if this sounds rude. I'm sorry if this sounds like GAY SHXT DAWG. But thats how i feel, thats why i held the tourney and thats my opinon. Time to study for finals.

-!-

Smash Lord
even with the stage list, I'll say we pretty much stayed on top lol (I liked how I usually played in either battlefield and PS1, those where my tops two fav. stages to start on). also from what I saw, only u and viper where kinda seeing the matches.. you where either playing across the room or spectating on the same spot... also in all fairness, people have the right to refuse to save their matches and specially refuse to have a match uploaded with them in it. just saying.. or am I wrong?

with the whole lagg, I had said I personally wouldn't enter if u had only laggy tvs. U had one legit tv where I played most of my matches, which was cool for you to let me do so (Thanks btw) and not make a big deal, but if u had denied it I wouldn't have entered. You can call it Johns if you want, but those that have good experience with the game and tvs that lagg know what I'm talking about... obviously you guys can't feel the difference idk why, I still proved it in a sense but lets not get to into it. Tourney had its good parts, some matches did got recorded, maybe not entire sets but you guys should have a few matches safe. I know for a fact that the set for winner semis was recorded, well the last two matches where sheik and wolf where playing for real real. so at least u have that to share... you guys should be pleased since Swolf wasn't using MK gaaaay am I right? good set non the less :)

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Players do have the right to say no to saving. I was justifying the reasoning behind the want to save it since no one seemed to understand.

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
yeah g2 & g3 of that set were great. I will enjoy watching thoes games again. Good **** wolf and L boss (shiekssbm) is one of the best players i have ever watched play in terms of character knowledge.

-!-

Smash Lord
at the same time u guys couldn't understand that a set where the players where sandbaging is not that important, pointless to safe tbh I myself did understand u guys really wanted saved matches, don't like repeating myself but I had given another reason for refusing to safe.

I wonder why GM 1 wasn't recorded when the last two where... I only saw game 3 nd I'm interested in the set now :( ohh well

G-Dub

Smash Journeyman
yea dawgg u guy's took this too serious the stages was wack alot was we came for the money dawg nd cux mink was telling me he was gonna surprise me nd this nd thaat nd him wining but naw dawgg. nd complaining about the matches being played out agh we saved some matches but like mix said any matches recorded nd uploaded the comunity would like it, my set vs viper was recorded but im guessing no one wants to see that cux viper said, oh btw for the record it was a 3 stock dawg its safe on that wii

oh nd teams was sickk Shxtttt lol

we recirded the first set with me nd shuiek i didnt see whywe had to record the second one we play all the time savcing matchs like that are pointless, all the other matches we saved on u guys were cool but not coool enough for u guyssss <_<

in general Naples took tis it was sick shiek mix even danny lol rob good shxt,

Dfearr= whats up dawggggggggggggggggggg

SwampDowgs-thnkd for making it ALIL harder with the stagess lol
nd mink too badu didnt makje it far enough in the real bracket so we could of played dawgg

i want my videos!!! hahah nd dew u sick dawg

laterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
ROFL :joyful:

Emo^Wolf

Smash Journeyman
Swolf man, i dont think you understand the reason for videos. It's not because we want you to beat your meat watching them online. It's for the community. When you see a tourney with good players and you wanna watch the matches in the finale, it's nice to watch it. It' snot a big deal, and i dont care if it's "in your crew so it's not worth it" but me and viper and megaladon and mech have tons of matches on our youtube just between each other. That doesn't make them any worse of matches or stupid. They're tourney matches.

And as for the stage list, you knew beforehand that this tourney was going to have a different stage list than normal. If you wanted to be johns about the stage, don't come. If you didn't wanna play on a laggy TV and waited for 20 minutes until a tv was open, you shoulda brought a TV. I was trying to make a fun and experimental tourney as my last tourney i'm hosting at FGCU. I didn't think that was too much to ask.

As for the money splitting/forfeigting thing, Swolf, i dont care if you play sheik all the time, i dont care if he always beats you, or your scared of DFear or whatever. Some people want to see good matches. I didn't wanna hold a tourney so that the best players can come and just rig the bracket, i wanted to watch good matches. Is it so much to ask that i wanted you to have legit fights againt sheik? I don't think it's that crazy. And as for Dfear and skeik, i dont care what you do with the money after. I think alot of people were greately interested in watching the match. For all i care you guys coulda wiped your *** with the money. I just wanted to watch it.

I'm sorry if this sounds rude. I'm sorry if this sounds like GAY SHXT DAWG. But thats how i feel, thats why i held the tourney and thats my opinon. Time to study for finals.

lmao mink, the first set in winners semis was legit nd recorded nd im pretty sure u didnt even watch em nd u moved me from tvs, looser finals was no reason to be recorded. nd yea if u have a bunch of matches of u vs mech vs viper vs magnelium or all ur crew is pretty stupid not alot of people will sit there nd watch those matchs, get match recorded from u vs semeone else from a different place or some shxt DAWGGGGGGG like the one where u get 3 stocked by ****** u can beat ur meat to that if u want lol but im not into that gay shxt dude lol nd the stages we said theyre gay nd we went we werent complaining there. i even told u you made it A LIL harder but it didnt matter.

as for the splitting or forfeiting matchs that whole last part, you got ur damn match's save but apparently u havnt notice cux viper actually saw them so there ur matches. so that second to last paragraph u wrote dosnt matter much cux u didnt even pay attention that they were recorded,
i can go on nd on but ur reasons keep coming back to some gay shxt lol but at the end it was sick shxtt dawg when u dont loose to mech or u climb higher in the brackets like u told me its a matter of time but u keep going lowerr, i kinda see now why viper always places better then you i used to think u had more potential but i see now dOWGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

gallax

Smash Hero
lmao mink, the first set in winners semis was legit nd recorded nd im pretty sure u didnt even watch em nd u moved me from tvs, looser finals was no reason to be recorded. nd yea if u have a bunch of matches of u vs mech vs viper vs magnelium or all ur crew is pretty stupid not alot of people will sit there nd watch those matchs, get match recorded from u vs semeone else from a different place or some shxt DAWGGGGGGG like the one where u get 3 stocked by ****** u can beat ur meat to that if u want lol but im not into that gay shxt dude lol nd the stages we said theyre gay nd we went we werent complaining there. i even told u you made it A LIL harder but it didnt matter.

as for the splitting or forfeiting matchs that whole last part, you got ur damn match's save but apparently u havnt notice cux viper actually saw them so there ur matches. so that second to last paragraph u wrote dosnt matter much cux u didnt even pay attention that they were recorded,
i can go on nd on but ur reasons keep coming back to some gay shxt lol but at the end it was sick shxtt dawg when u dont loose to mech or u climb higher in the brackets like u told me its a matter of time but u keep going lowerr, i kinda see now why viper always places better then you i used to think u had more potential but i see now dOWGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
I know a few people from CFL who watch minks crew vids, myself included.

-!-

Smash Lord
would u liked to see an epic set between me and mink/viper :) or anyone else that cares...

-!-

Smash Lord
unfortunately they where not qualified as good cuz they where not far enough in the bracket :( sorry.

Top Bottom