• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ragnarok regional

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Sparkle

Smash Rookie
RAGNAROK​
VENUE
Outer Planes Comics and Games
519 Mendocino Ave
Santa Rosa, California, United States
#(707)546-2000 (ask for the brawl tournament/ Mr. Sparkle for more info)

Registration
Doors open at 11:00 AM
Entry:
Doubles: $5.00 per person ($10.00 per team)
Singles: $10.00 per person
Venue: $10.00 ($5 with full setup)

Saturday 26th 2011
Brawl singles pools begin
Melee singles pools begin
Brawl doubles pools begin (if high attendance)
Melee doubles
Side events (Blazblue/ Super Street fighter 4)

Sunday 27th 2011
Brawl singles brackets
Melee singles brackets
Brawl doubles
Free play
Side events

Prizes

Singles:
1st=48%
2nd=22%
3rd=14%
4th=8%
5th/6th=4%

doubles:
1st=60%
2nd=25%
3rd=10%
4th=5%

Rules
Brawl

Neutral:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville

Counter:
Castle Siege
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1
Brinstar
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Yoshi's Island

1. 3 stocks/8min

2. Items are set to "off" and "none"

3. Set format (In Order of Procedure):
Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
Opponents start the stage striking procedure
Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
The winner of the previous match chooses their character
The loser of the previous match chooses their character
Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

4. All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above is recommended for any "finals" matches)

5. In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

6. No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

7. In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

8. If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

9. Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

10. By entering the tournament you agree to have any tournament matches be recorded if possible, and be uploaded without the need for consent by the players in the match. The only time a match can be requested not to be uploaded is with extraordinary occurrences such as a power outage during the match. Failure to abide by this rule can result in a DQ for a tournament match. Reasoning: I believe that if players attend tournaments and play with the potential ability to win money at the expense of the community, the community is allowed to watch matches that are part of these tournaments that had money on the line.

11. The Mage's DQ rule is also in effect:
2 Minutes Late: Warning/Loss of first stock
4 Minutes Late: Loss of first match of set
6 Minutes Late: Loss of set

Specific rules

DeDeDe's Infinite grab: You CANNOT Chain grab IN PLACE(not even once).

The Infinite grab-release on ness/lucas is banned(do not even do it once). You must HIT them out of the release, do not re-grab.

Bowser/Ganon suicide attacks. If these moves are used to end a match and a sudden death happens, Bowser/Ganon will be declared the winners.

Stalling

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling. Plainking is a perfect example. If i see it, you WILL lose your ENTIRE SET. No warnings! Play, dont gay.

Melee

Melee:
4 stocks, 8 minute timer, items off/none
Best 2 of 3, 3 of 5 for finals (or 2 of 3 if players agree)

Character choice/stage selection is identical to Brawl's rules.

Starter:
Fountain of Dreams
Dream Land
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story

Counter-pick:
Pokemon Stadium
Kongo Jungle

Questions

contact Mr. Sparkle on his all is Brawl page or ask questions on the Ragnarok tournmant page.

Mr. Sparkle: [URL="http://allisbrawl.com/profile/Mr.+Sparkle.ai"]http://allisbrawl.com/profile/Mr.+Sparkle.ai[/URL]

AiB Ragnarok:http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=11227

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Oh I see. Is anyone passing east SJ to this? I can split gas money. I also need housing since it is a 90 minute drive from San Jose. Melee singles should have Brinstar and Rainbow Cruise banned to be consistent with Ownapalooza, GSG and DGDTJ.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Wow, something big in the North Bay?

I'm from Novato though I go to school in Santa Cruz. I can potentially help you run this tourney and also house some people.

Shroomed

Smash Master
THATS WUT IM TALKIN ABOUT

**** son im definitely gonna be here

melee will probably end up being bigger than brawl lol

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Mr. Sparkle should add Shroomed onto the feature list thread title for Melee to add more hype. Hopefully we can get OoR attendance since this is a 2 day event. Also what DaJuan said: Melee needs to have more entrants than Brawl.

Naota21t

Smash Champion
You guys should have a MvC3 side tourney since it comes out a month before this. Pretty pleaseeeee

I'm definitely going to attend this though.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Mr. Sparkle should ask one of the moderators of SWF to include the RR in the list of "Upcoming Tournaments." The RR is after WGF but before Genesis 2, but it is not on the list of "Upcoming Tournaments," yet WGF and Genesis 2 are on the list of "Upcoming Tournaments."

VonDarkmoon

Smash Apprentice
You guys should have a MvC3 side tourney since it comes out a month before this. Pretty pleaseeeee

I'm definitely going to attend this though.
So i asked Mr. Sparkle about this, to make sure it got answered and i will quote him: "If people want other side tourneys, they will have to BRING THEIR OWN SET-UPS for them. Just don't forget our main focuses are Brawl and Melee"

VonDarkmoon

Smash Apprentice
I will want to bet that we will need people to bring recording set-ups but i'll have to ask him personally.

As for wobbling, again i'll talk with him and make sure that gets updated.

VonDarkmoon

Smash Apprentice
Try contacting him on AiB, that is the best way to get a hold of him.

also: IMPORTANT! DATE CHANGED TO FEB. 26TH-27TH. reasons will come later.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
So I think I just got permission from Mr. Sparkle to run the Melee at this.

I will also be providing housing at my place in Novato, which is about 30 min South of the venue. WA/Socal Brawl have expressed interest in housing so they have priority in case my place gets too full. I can probably house up to 20 people, but no randoms!

WassupJB

Smash Lord
santa rosa's soooooooooo far from life though. =(

worse than concord or antioch.

worst places for tournaments: 1. modesto. 2. sac. 3. santa rosa. LOL

if peter goes then i'll most likely go too. sup zoap.

Reidlos Toof

Foot Dive!
Looking for/setting up carpool. Also hoping for housing if I set up my own carpool. Also, will there be enough time for a Minus tournament at this? =D

Condy

Smash Rookie
It's good to see more than a friendly melee tourney at OP. Just had to be once I moved out of Rosa didn't it though?

-Connor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom