• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tourneyplay Portland results ft Felix/Jem/Eggz/Nerd/Bladewise/SilentWolf/FireFly/etc!

Jem.

Smash Master
Brawl doubles:

14 teams

1st - Felix + Nerd :diddy: / :metaknight:
2nd - Jem + Bladewise :metaknight: / :marth:
3rd - Firefly + Breeze (brz in-game tag) :yoshi: / :metaknight:
4th - Zerostar.hX and Eggz :diddy: / :metaknight:

Brawl Singles:

44 entrants

1st - Jem :metaknight:
2nd - Nerd :metaknight:
3rd - Felix (Forfeit to Nerd in losers finals) :diddy:/:metaknight:/:snake:
4th - Dmac :toonlink:
5th- FireFly :yoshi:
5th- Bladewise :marth:

Melee singles:

28 entrants

1st - Silent Wolf :fox:
2nd - Bladewise :peach:
3rd - Eggz :fox:
4th - SalePate :marth:
5th - Blunted Object :falco:
5th - CIZ :marth:

Some upsets I suppose would include SalePale beating Blunted (atleast to me), bladewise eliminating Eggz in melee, and FireFly (Yoshi)beating Eggz and Viviff in Brawl singles.

This was super fun, too bad EC smashers didnt come to this since some EC halo pros did, hopefully next time. Hope people enjoyed the stream, and if you have questions let me know!

Gamer_Mason

Smash Apprentice
Will the entire bracket be posted eventually? There were some people I wanted to follow and see who lost to who, but I had to leave.

Jem.

Smash Master
Firefly is good. But.. Washington took the top 4 singles spots and top 2 teams spots ;)

Yeah nerd was playing really good, but Felix forfeited to him in losers finals cause felix's mom had been waiting for him to go back home to WA for a couple hours. For once in my life it'd be cool to get to watch a losers finals set or something, I like seeing two amazing players play. but nope for some reason one way or another there is a forfeit XD

might as well be no losers finals if its any combo of jem felix nerd lol..

strawhats

Smash Master
wasnt salepate supposed to go to DGDTJ (dont go down there jeff) why was he at this? no offense of course.

Jem.

Smash Master
Firefly is also ~5th best in BC.
Cool story! t0mmy t1mmy and Pwneroni were not in attendance. Firefly is ****, i played him in doubles friendles and singles. He clearly knows the MK matchup very well, he got a dream bracket basically (viviff, eggz, jem) but couldnt quite handle it. maybe next time, who knows. thatd be cool if him and the others came to GC's. Is Clouders still number 1 in BC? He wouldnt win in WA I guarantee that lol.

I'm not sure why he was, all I remember hearing was that he has family in the Portland area.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Lol yeah clouderz wouldn't win that's for sure, he kinda sucks, and I think BC has finally got a handle on that (plus he didn't even show up to their last tournament cause he got ***** the one before). I'd love it if AB came to one of these events =D.

Jem.

Smash Master
Yeah, Bladewise beat Eggz in losers finals. Bladewise is pretty unknown to a lot of people out of region, but he is known for beating SilentSpectre (Controller johns or not) and he's a really good melee peach and a good brawl marth!

Silent Wolf was also on fire in melee from what I heard, I think he only dropped 1 match in tournament? (Someone correct me if I'm wrong) otto's a beast

Yeah, Bladewise beat Eggz in losers finals. Bladewise is pretty unknown to a lot of people out of region, but he is known for beating SilentSpectre (Controller johns or not) and he's a really good melee peach and a good brawl marth!

Silent Wolf was also on fire in melee from what I heard, I think he only dropped 1 match in tournament? (Someone correct me if I'm wrong) otto's a beast
nah i didnt lose any matches

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Since it doesn't seem likely that dmac would be in Oregon, much less in Oregon placing top 4 (or even entering) in a Brawl tourney, someone should tell that Toon Link dude to change his name.

Jem.

Smash Master
Since it doesn't seem likely that dmac would be in Oregon, much less in Oregon placing top 4 (or even entering) in a Brawl tourney, someone should tell that Toon Link dude to change his name.
I'm confused by what you're saying. dmac is a toon link main from WA who is pretty dang good. So I'm not sure what you're getting at.

Jem.

Smash Master
Gnes: Just got word that even though the live stream wasn't recording, it was being recorded to the laptop. So me vs firefly, me vs felix, and me vs nerd was all recorded and will be uploaded in a few days =)

if anyone is curious about felix using snake and mk in tournament: felix lost game 1 in winners semis to nerd in diddy vs mk, and then he won games 2 and 3 vs nerd in the mk ditto. he's got a good pocket mk!

and vs me when I counterpicked rainbow he went snake

T0MMY

Smash Master
Bundtcake is higher than Firefly and place lower. I'm all for Canada bro but u need better proof than that lol.
A local PR doesn't tell the whole story in a regional. In a PNW regional Bundt would have to face a lot of people who know the R.O.B. matchup (because I play in OR/WA a lot), so he'd have a more difficult time than Firefly.

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
A local PR doesn't tell the whole story in a regional. In a PNW regional Bundt would have to face a lot of people who know the R.O.B. matchup (because I play in OR/WA a lot), so he'd have a more difficult time than Firefly.
But people know the yoshi matchup too. Or am I at such a low standard that I don't count?

A lot of people here don't know how to spell Salepate because they don't know him. And it wasn't a housing problem, he couldn't afford the five hundred dollar plane ticket down to california.

Jem.

Smash Master
My bad, I thought I read Salepale. No trolling, ill edit it.

And I've never played you wad, so I literally went into the set not knowing what Yoshi does. I never randomely lurk the yoshi boards so I didn't know what to expect. Luckily I won though without knowing the matchup, ill feel more confident now if I ever have to play him again

bundtcake

Smash Ace
Bundtcake is higher than Firefly and place lower. I'm all for Canada bro but u need better proof than that lol.
Adding to what T0MMY said, Firefly doesn't do as well in BC because everyone here knows his playing style and character really well; we've all had a good year of frequent tourneys and smashfests to figure out what our respective characters can abuse against Yoshi.

As for me, my playing style focuses more on playing against the player rather than the character, so I know how to play well against each specific player in BC, but that isn't something that translates well against people I've never played against before. :p Also, generally in friendlies I rarely play ROB unless asked whereas most other people in BC play their mains all the time, so I know most people's mains' playing style better than they know mine, which definitely gives me an edge in tourneys here.

We'll see what happens the next US tourney I come to though! I'm planning on bumping up some secondaries to main status by then, so I'll hopefully be a more well-rounded player :D

Slhoka

Smash Lord
1) why was Salepate at this instead of DGDTJ?
2) who's the dmac imposter?
And it wasn't a housing problem, he couldn't afford the five hundred dollar plane ticket down to california.
He kept asking for housing before the tournament, and prefered not to take his tickets until he found a place to stay. Almost no one did anything until he said he couldn't come anymore because the prices had become too high.

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
My bad, I thought I read Salepale. No trolling, ill edit it.

And I've never played you wad, so I literally went into the set not knowing what Yoshi does. I never randomely lurk the yoshi boards so I didn't know what to expect. Luckily I won though without knowing the matchup, ill feel more confident now if I ever have to play him again
I guess that makes sense. I was thinking that everyone in oregon has played me at one time or another, except gage, who is relatively new to the brawl scene. But I haven't played everyone in Washington, and that is definitely part of the pacific northwest, now that I think about it.

Top Bottom