• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

/HOPE 2 Results! Dec.19th, Pittsburgh, PA!

M@v

Subarashii!
Sorry for the delayed results; I pretty much passed out yesterday after getting home. As a note, The later a character is showed, the less he was used to WIN. For example; I won with fox all tourney except for 1 set where I won 2 games with Falco, and 1 set where I won 1 game with mk. So I put fox, then Falco, then MK. If I got any characters wrong/ordering wrong/don't have your character because I didn't know, please post it and I'll update the OP. Thanks guys!

There are Brawl singles vids from quarter finals and up. Some werent recorded to requests by players, but most of the top 8 matches got recorded. They will be uploaded over the course of the next couple days to my youtube channel, TgsMaverick.

Also, I'd like to thank everyone who came out! I appreciate all the support everyone gives my tournaments, and I hope to see everyone again!

Brawl Doubles

1: David Archuleta(Shugo+Lain) ($100.00):metaknight:/:metaknight:+:snake:

2: What's a GE? (M@v + The Kingz Court Killa) ($45.00):metaknight:+:fox:/:metaknight:

3: Tech chase and soulcaliber ($15.00):snake:/:zerosuitsamus:

4: All the kids looking up to me can suck my **** :wolf:/:lucas: + :lucario:

5: Thanos

5: Hit the L-Cancels

7: Panda Bomb

7: Jarvitz and greg :lucas:/:zerosuitsamus:+:mario2:

Melee Doubles
Round Robin

I forget all the people on each team, melee guys help me out D:

1. Endo-Nesia(Taki + Caroll):fox:+:jigglypuff:

2. Rare Wine( The Lake + ?)

3. Silent Slamus(Silent Swagger + Slamus)

4. SYIK+CaveDweller

5.That Hustlin' Falcon is quite a Fox

6.Silver Bullet

7. The Gimpu Force

8. Dr.ShaunenDorf

Brawl Singles
24 entrants

1: Shugo ($144.00) :metaknight::falco:

2: Lain ($72.00) :popo::metaknight:

3: M@v ($24.00):fox::falco::metaknight:

4: Flying Eagle(Berserker) :ike::falco:

5: solecaliber :zerosuitsamus: :dedede:

5: The Kingz Court Killa :metaknight:

7: JMO :metaknight:

7: Crews :kirby2::samus2::dedede:

9: Techchase :dedede::snake::falco:

9: Rikku :lucario:

9: Space thing :lucario:

9: Mozz :ike:

13: Fosho :mario2:

13: Price :falco:

13: Rain :pit:

13: Auspher:wolf:

17: Jarvitz :zerosuitsamus::lucas:

17: Raj :marth:

17: Greg

17: Freeway

17: Incom

17: Carroll :zerosuitsamus:

17: SMD

17: GPK

Melee Singles
20 entrants

1: Taki ($120.00):fox:

2: The Lake ($60.00):zelda:

3: Vudujin ($20.00):luigi2:

4: Lain

5: Silent Swag

5: Carroll:marth:

7: Freeway

7: Cave Dweller

9: Boon

9: Puppet Master

9: Lon

9: Slamus

13: Steinbock

13: Elder

13: mmmm!

13: The Lime

17: Tite

17: Jarvitz

17: Buford

17: SYIK

Brawl Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/TgsMaverick?feature=mhum
It goes from Shugo vs lain down to lain vs sole caliber. anything older is /HOPE1

Mozz

Smash Apprentice
I'll add in some characters for certain players

JMO- Meta
CREWS-Samus/DDD
Mozz-Ike
Fosho-Mario
Price-Falco
Auspher-Wolf
Raj-Marth

EDIT:

Sorry Auspher, I didn't know you played Lucas or Lucario.

Yeah, SoleCaliber did take me out with DDD, so it probably is worth mentioning that he brought him.

CREWS- I knew you played Kirby, but I didn't know you brought him as well to the tourney. Sorry about that.

M@v

Subarashii!
are there vids
There are Brawl singles vids from quarter finals and up. Some werent recorded to requests by players, but most of the top 8 matches got recorded. They will be uploaded over the course of the next couple days to my youtube channel, TgsMaverick.

clowsui

Smash Legend
WOW!!! Good job Rikku!

TChase...:glare:

Sole nice job to you too. Sad that you couldn't clinch a top 3 though :c

Austin wat happen

Lain you scrubadub get 1st next time. JK I LOVE MA SHUGGYBEAR TOO MUCH (but really you and shugo have an even record so w/e lol)

Shugo nice job.

M@v

Subarashii!
Shugo you foiled my plan to try and beat you by going mk against me. I wanted to get you into Fox vs Falco but your mk ****ed me up bad Lolllllll

I'll be doing shoutouts later btw.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Shugooooo! Awesome, man. I came into this thread going: "If Shugo didn't win, I'd be really surprised." Needless to say, I'm not.

Rikku, Sole! Great job guys! I'm so proud of you two, you're both getting much better it seems. Auspher, what happened? Did you get a really hard bracket?

Space thing

Smash Apprentice
GGs to all I played. <3

Great match The Kingz Court Killa!! really intense!

@Rain, GPK and group: Nice meeting all of you, I had a great time playing and talking you all of you. <3

Thanks for another great tourny M@v!

Mozz

Smash Apprentice
Figured I might as well get the shout outs started

JMO- great job bro, you had the hard path getting Lain in your second match and having to run through losers, but you at least did better than me like your skill level indicates you should

SoleCaliber- I'd really like to play your Zero Suit again, that was an epic match that I thought I could win but you did amazing when it counted at the end. Really smart choice to change to DDD for the next match and I give you credit for that too.

CREWS- I was really hoping for our 3rd game to be another Samus v Ike but you switched to DDD too and made sure that 3 of my 4 match clinching losses at the 2 tournaments of hope came at the hands of DDD. 2 of them to yours in losers bracket to finish me off. Great job nonetheless on the match and really nice DI.

Jimmyfosho- GREAT games that could have gone either way. when both players are at 120% plus on their last stock in BOTH games you know its a pretty even match. Hopefully this experience convinces you to enter into more tournaments in the future.

FlyingEagle- I didn't get to see you play but I really want to verse your Ike in dittos some time in the future. It's always nice to see a fellow Ike player do well, especially in a pretty Meta heavy environment( at least at the top).

M@V- for the great venue and the awesome work put into the tournament, it would have been really nice if it ran on time, but you can't have everything. Great job in the actual tourney too.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
@ Clowsui: Lol I should have had 5th. I made some key mistakes but I lost to the 3rd and 4th placing players so :p No johns though just have to get better.

@Mav: My characters should actually be listed :dedede: :snake: :falco:

Also it was Lain and I who got 3rd in Melee doubles not 5th.

Shoutouts later.

M@v

Subarashii!
^ Got it.

@ Mozz. The reason it didn't start on time was due to me waiting for some of the other players to get here. They called me early to give me the heads up. We still finished at a good time.

Shugo-Chan

Smash Lord
It's ArchuletAAA dammit lol. ggs to whoever i played. fun times with rikku/sole/auspher. the car ride music was the greatest.

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
I teamed with Taki in dubs for the record.used puff in teams Used marth in melee. Zero suit SLAMUS in brawl.

also melee wise

lain - fox/falco/falcon
silent swag- shiek/fox
free way - shiek
cave dweller - peach
boon - peach
Puppet Master -shiek
Lon - Falco/shiek
Slamus - um SLAMUS
Steinbock - doc
Elder - ganon
Buford -kirby/peach
SYIK - link

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Yeah MI held up another tournament :awesome:

1: Shugo ($144.00) - Shugo-bear. Great seeing you again :D Fear the :snake: :snake: ;)

2: Lain ($72.00) - Baby it was so much fun traveling with you this weekend and thanks for taking the risk with me in Melee doubles. I told you we'd tear it up ;) Good stuff in general as always.

3: M@v ($24.00) - I was SO freaking close to taking that set. Good games. Next time I'll get you though. Fun tournament also. The venue is legit.

4: Flying Eagle(Berserker) - You are so patient lol Our set was so long. Next time I'll get you also. Good games.

5: solecaliber - It was hella fun teaming with you and chilling with you this weekend. And our matches are always retardedly close. I'm sure I'll see you soon, I always do lol.

5: The Kingz Court Killa - Fun friendlies. I learned a lot. You're a chill dude also. And good stuff in doubles.

7: Crews - Good games in Winner's. Sorry for the excessive camping on my end its just how I play. You seem pretty nice.

9: Techchase - Ugh 9th.

9: Rikku - Nice talking to you :D

13: Price - I should teach you fun Falco stuff ;)

13: Auspher :D Nice talking to you.

17: Jarvitz Haven't seen another Zero Suit in a while.

17: Incon Sonic is broken :)

Good games to anyone I played in Melee and Brawl doubles also. I don't know ANY of you so forgive LOL

-Crews-

a Strawhat Pirate
Haha my name almost looks good being so close to the guys up top. Anyway, shout out to everyone who came to melee. I didn't participate so aside from select players, I have no clue who came but hope ya had fun regardless. And for brawl, I must first say that despite the lowish turnout, there was a decent amount of skill there. But anyway shout out to,

M@v- Thanks for hosting once again. May there be more to come.

Shugo- Good job with winning the tourney. Missed your final matches but I'm sure they were good.

Ppl that I beat- Ggs guys. Not once in any of my matched did I stop shaking out of nervousness and excitement. I don't remember every single person I beat but I remember thinking that they were all half decent at the very least.

-Ppl that beat me-

EDIT: Techchase (I think)- If it was you who beat me, then good Falco man. Nice matches. And about the camping, I didn't mind at all. If you didn't play the textbook falco, then I would have felt really bad for loosing to you. It was actually nice only to good players this time.

TKCK- GGs. I enjoyed our many, friendlies and then even tourney match on Smashville lol. You used your characters very well too.

@ finally Lain- Nice meeting ya man. Didn't get to play you at all but our little chill session was cool so I guess that makes up for it.

@ M@v, I probably used Kirby more times than I used Samus or D3. I'm only mentioning that cause I'd like one of my mains to be displayed up there as well if you don't mind.

D

Deleted member

@Juu and Clowsui, I got knocked out of winners in my second match by M@V. My Fox experience is limited so I didn't know FD would be a bad idea. I took him to Lylat game two, but just got impatient...That game was close, though.

Then I got knocked out of losers a couple rounds later by a Kirby....I..don't know what happened there. I think I just got discouraged..:(

Edit: M@v, All the kids looking up to me can suck my **** should be :wolf:/:lucas: + :lucario:

solecalibur

Smash Master
I see falcos above my name, all is fine
I need to stop caring lol

I used :dedede: more then my lucario

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
tourney was DOPE SAUCE! too much fun

first off shout outs to M@v for another awesome tourny!

1: Taki - "Now im smelling ENDO-NESIA, Bus stop full of Fly *****es and skezers" good stuff my man in doubles. we rocked the house hard.

2: The Lake - <333 my man. tourney matches against you are tooooo much fun. we'll play some more soon.

3: Vudujin - good **** jacob. my fav luigi and Ness ever<3 on day ill take a stock of ya-__-

4: Lain - real fun matches in tourny/moneymatches.. and yo...WAY TO F UP OUR UNDEFEATED STREAK IN DOUBLES<33

5: Silent Swag - u suck, get better. loooooool

5: Carroll - YOU STILL CANT BEAT UP THROW UP AIR!?!?! LOOOOOL

7: Freeway - "aint nothin..TO A BOSS!!!" <3 thanks for drivin out with us and good stuff in tourny!
and our money matches. you are now the undisupted captian of the boat.

7: Cave Dweller - my dude! reallly nice peach. nice matches and sorry johny had to send ya to losers early, kid was out for revenge<3 and yo.. THREE BOMBS IN THREE MATCHES!? still salty.. looool

9: Boon - CHADLY!!! good stuff my man. way to beat lain!! and sorry i had to beat ya AGIAN but your rusty and it showed.. so GET OVER TO MY HOUSE!!!

9: Puppet Master - real good matches man. nice shiek. Bloomfeild<3

9: Lon - DJ Lonnie Drumsticks<3 good stuff my man. you need to come play with us more. we miss you

9: Slamus - SLAM!!!! good stuff my man. your always the funniest smasher in the room. ill see ya at my place soon<3

13: Steinbock -first tourny? NOT BAD MY MAN!!! get over to my place for some practice. we'll get that doc up to ER STATUS!!<3

13: Elder - same to you^ good stuff with "sean-n-dorf" <3 rep that ganon alll day

13: mmmm!

13: The Lime - good first round matches!! that stuff was SO hype. mad respect

17: Tite - nice fox/marth keep at it man!

17: Jarvitz - didnt see ya play melee but good stuff in brawl.

17: Buford - YO that puff was blue!!! mad respect for kirby.

17: SYIK - my man<3 keep it up with link! your really getting there! and dont worry about the results.. they all use those stupid high tiers

BRAWL SHOUT OUTS LATER..

Jimmyfosho

Smash Hero
Being sarcastic and pointing out the obvious.
This was a very fun and great event run by M@V, thanks for the great tournament, hopefully my first tourney wont be my last lol.
1: Shugo ($144.00) Good **** winning and fun doubles friendlies we had against Jarvitz and his friend Greg

2: Lain ($72.00) nice placing in pretty much every event lol though I wish I could have played you in brawl owell

3: M@v ($24.00)Great tournament would go to another one depending on the distance. Wish I could have played you in friendlies.

4: Flying Eagle(Berserker) GGs in brackets 2 stocked me both games with his ike lol too good.

7: JMO GGs in those double friendlies we had.

9: Space thing Great friendlies before the tournament and **** started Lol @ your unlucky first stocks during the first few of the matches lol.

9: Mozz very close games looking forward to a rematch one day maybe lol

13: Fosho step it up next time top 8

13: Rain Great friendlies, cool guy, nice Pit

17: Jarvitz GGs in brackets nice zero suit samus

17: Greg cool guy lol @ mario ditto in bracket

17: GPK cool guy nice kirby and pro red GC controller I want one now lol.

oh though I don't know the guys name but I lol'd when I saw a friendly the guy was having against M@V and the guy was using Kirby and beating his Fox and Falco then he had to use Mk after for the Kirby.

also that Kirby in melee is too good.

Oh and shoutouts to all the Mario mains.

sorry if I forgot a shoutout to you it's probably because I can really remember the name but I remember faces lol.

shoutouts to Ugg's Hippo(inside joke)

M@v

Subarashii!
It was berserker(flying eagle). He's in my crew so he knows how I play. Wasn't helping I was playing bad T_T.

Also the fact I 3 stocked him when I went Mk shows just how ******** the character is >:/

jarvitz

Smash Apprentice
@tech chase - thanks dude, you too. And yeah zss ftw.
@Carroll- I dont play much melee, I just entered for the heck of it.
@jimmy- when I got back my friends made fun of me for losing to a mario :/
@ M@v- thanks for hosting looking forward to the next one
@Sole- thanks for the zss tips-my friends on skype said I got better lol.
@everyone else GGs

Greg says ggs as well.

Jimmyfosho

Smash Hero
Being sarcastic and pointing out the obvious.
It was berserker(flying eagle). He's in my crew so he knows how I play. Wasn't helping I was playing bad T_T.

Also the fact I 3 stocked him when I went Mk shows just how ******** the character is >:/
Oh lol he's a very good player he 2 stocked my Mario with Ike both games lol

@jimmy- when I got back my friends made fun of me for losing to a mario :/
Lol my friends sorta did the same thing when they found out I lost to 2 Ikes owell there's always next time :reverse:

M@v

Subarashii!
Oh yeah im not denying that. Berserker's mad good. Even if i wasnt making mistakes it would of been hard to win falco/fox vs kirby. He usually beats me in that Matchup.

solecalibur

Smash Master
@mav won with ddd and lost with lucario everytime, zss i won of course
@jarvitz np keep up the good work , glad you are already gettin better

Life

Smash Hero
Heya.

Shouts:
Shugo+Lain: thanks for showing
M@V: it's spelled "Incom". Didn't wanna say anything at the venue. Also, TKCK used ROB on me once and won. Tournament ran pretty smoothly anyway. Thanks for coming out here and hosting. :)
Techchase and TKCK: GGz
Jimmy: Nice friendlies
Everyone: for tolerating a first-timer, haha

I'd try to get more-regular tournaments going, not sure where to look for a venue though.

Buford

Smash Apprentice
Shoutouts

@M@v- Cool for explaining all that brawl stuff I didnt understand when watching the lain/shugo finals(or what ever it was) Great tournament man
@Carroll-RE****culous matches kirby v marth, so good
@Taki-You make all us mortals look even more mortal
@Vudu-Excellent low tiers/ultimate rock paper scizzors
@Lake- Loved the kirby pichu brinstar TOURNAMENT match <3
@Tite-Great teaming with you man
@Lain- good matches in dubs, was fun with the brinstar counter pick AFTER brinstar ban <3
@Syik- Scary as **** link, I had to step outside and cool off after our last match.
@Slamus- Slam lol
@Everyone I missed-So much fun, best tourney ever.

Hopefully I can see yall around pittsburgh for more weeklies or something? Hit me up with a pm when ever youre playing guys, Ill bring the bottom tier rep

Shugo-Chan

Smash Lord
there is no me vs lain lmao, there aint never any unless lain wins. false advertisement!

M@v

Subarashii!
I got a couple complaints from players though, so next time to try to keep it towards the door so the smoke goes out with the door cracked/smoke outside if its a summer tourney.

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
2 letters...

GE!

Good job reppin' the crew you guys! 3 of Top 6 is damn good work! Keep that up at the State College tourneys and we'll keep the money in Penn State for sure!

M@v, no johns, you face umbra/tkck's MKs all the time, you still should've had it, not saying you didn't do work tho, money is money!

Also, did caravan to Steak & Shake ever happen? I wanna hear group opinions before I put it on my list of places i need to eat at.

M@v

Subarashii!
2 letters...

GE!
Also, did caravan to Steak & Shake ever happen? I wanna hear group opinions before I put it on my list of places i need to eat at.

Kinda. I was going to mention it in my shoutouts later tonight, but it wound up being a crew thing. Just Bryan, Pat, Sam, and I went. Was amazing as it always is.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
Yeah, my only complaint was the amount of smoke in the air after like an hour or two of people smoking....Hence why I spent most of my time between matches outside, pacing in the snow. >_> But other than that, awesome tourney! Free drinks were ftw.

Shoutouts!

First of all, shoutouts to the PHILADELPHIA EAGLES FOR AN EPIC COMEBACK AGAINST THE GIANTS! Hence my tourney name Flying Eagle (and my tag DJax for mah boi DeSean Jackson <3).

1: Shugo ($144.00) - I wanted to play you, but never got the chance to. Hope we can get some matches in should we meet again.

2: Lain ($72.00) - Wanted to play you as well but uhh...would have definitely preferred it without all of the smoke. >_>

3: M@v ($24.00) - Good stuff man, thanks for the housing and the tourney X3

4: Flying Eagle(Berserker) - FLYYY EAGLES FLYYYYY~

5: solecaliber - GGs! M@v told me about what you were saying to him after our first game, but I never actually heard him say any of the buffered chaingrab stuff lol. I usually block out what outside people say in a match. And after playing Falco for so long, I figured it's either just the normal CG or a buffered CG that works (assuming the character can be CGd anyway). But yeah, good games, I'm hoping I can actually pull my Ike to beat that ZSS next time =P

5: The Kingz Court Killa - This guy! You gotta break from Umbra's streak and actually start camping people, man. You were throwing a lot away in your match against Rikku. Great job in doubles, though!

7: JMO - GGs! It was unfortunate you had those SDs though =/

9: Techchase - Oh man, that was a long set ._. A lot of fun though, surprisingly lol. I had no idea you were going for a timeout with DDD until it was too late XD

9: Rikku - I saw some of your matches, and wow, awesome Lucario!

9: Mozz - IIRC, we were playing some friendlies with other guys before the tourney! I don't remember much of the play though >.>

13: Fosho - GGs in bracket! Not bad for your first tournament, your Mario should develop nicely with more experience =D

17: Jarvitz - Nice Lucas in those friendlies we were playing before the tournament!

Colaya - Fun times as always playing against your Ike/Marth! Like M@v said, you should've entered singles! D:

If I missed anyone, it's because I don't know your tag, though I probably remember your face (like the one guy I played friendlies with after my set with M@v who plays Melee).

Top Bottom