• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash @ Rat's 4/12/11

Rat

Smash Lord
NEXT ONE: 4/12/11 @1pm-9pm

Another one is coming.

No Venue Fee (as of right now):
I might start charging $1-$2. I want to host another tournament in march and this would be a good way to generate money for an OoS/OoR bonus. (I'd much rather do a good player fund, but the details are still in the air.)

Smash Lessons:
I'll make a post below with more details but basically it would be someone giving a lecture about smash.

anyways...

Where:
Rat's House
10349 Kedvale Ave
Oak Lawn, IL 60453

Here's a picture to get a general idea of where it is.

Cell is 708 663 4366.

When:
12/23/10
2pm - 9pm

These will be daytime affairs. I wake up around 4-6am and my parents go to bed around 10-11pm. So that means after 9pm gtfo. Plus I'll have to clean up after you so 9pm is closing time. I might start some of them earlier or later. It totally depends on my work schedule and my family.

Parking and transportation:

Public Transit:
This option kind of sucks but here is the deal.

Take the orange line towards Midway.
Get off at the Pulaski Stop.
Take bus 53A South Bound.
Get off at 103rd and Pulaski
Walk W down 103rd (the other way of CVS. If you are walking by St. Xavier University you are going the wrong way.)
Take a left (South) on Kedvale.
Arrive at my house.
Play smash bros.
profit!

If you want me to pick you up or drop you off from the Orange Line, it will cost $2.75 for gas. Bus costs $2.25 btw.

Set-ups:
I only have 1 set-up. Please bring them! If people don't I will probably start charging a venue fee.

Behavioral Guidelines:]
-Use the ground-level bathroom. I'll put up signs.

-Do not touch the cat.

-Be respectful of the house:
I would like to do these on a regular basis. That means the basement needs to stay SUPER HELLA ULTRA CLEAN. Eat at the table. Throw your trash away. You spill pop: you're screwed. Put a lid on it! Don't wear your shoes in the house. Pee into the toilet not around it. All that good stuff.

Drugs:
Totally NOT ok in, or around my house or around the church.

Noise Level:
Super loud all the time.

Aw yeah!!

Tink

Smash Hero
if we get 10 ppl, should do a 5$ tourny at these =)....keep it nice and friendly, but still competitive....and hopefully kellys doesnt come -_-.

ORLY

Smash Master
Two days before Chris-mas? Count me in!

Also: most of your guidelines are describing things that should happen. Are you endorsing a high noise level? If so, rockin'!

radical00edward

Smash Journeyman
Sounds like a plan man. Ill be in Omaha on the 23rd but i will most likely (totally) attend future events. The big question though.. will melee be a part of this, i am not a fan of brawl..

Dart!

Smash Master
Sounds like a plan man. Ill be in Omaha on the 23rd but i will most likely (totally) attend future events. The big question though.. will melee be a part of this, i am not a fan of brawl..
answered your own question...

i didn't even know other games existed. what is brawl?

SothE700k

Smash Lord
"@Dart:
Do not ask my sister if she's broken up with her boyfriend yet."

lol

The one time I regret working till 5. I wouldn't get there till 7...

If you do host a smashfest next time, will it be planned for a friday or saturday? (Understandable it won't be this fri or sat because of Christmas)

P.S. I know I have a Brawl character near my name, I dunno why. I don't even like Brawl anymore...

Rat

Smash Lord
"@Dart:
If you do host a smashfest next time, will it be planned for a friday or saturday? (Understandable it won't be this fri or sat because of Christmas)
I might do a friday or saturday if there aren't any tournaments (or major holidays) that weekend.

ORLY

Smash Master
I just dug up my copies of monster rancher 2 and alundra. Im gonna be way tired tomorrow.

Kels88

Smash Lord
I'll come here tomorrow and i guarantee that i will not lose a set period. Taking all best of 3 mms tomorrow. Good luck Gentleman. hahahahahahahahahahahaha

goosefactor

Smash Lord
I just dug up my copies of monster rancher 2 and alundra. Im gonna be way tired tomorrow.
You are seriously my favorite person in the world right now, Chris. This game is SO overlooked, and yet is easily one of my all-time favorites. I've beaten it like 42526 times, rofl. But God ****, the roulette is a ***** when you are trying to get all the life vessels and gilden falcons.

The music, story, localization, difficulty, length, and, well, basically everything about it is awesome.

How the F did you even hear about the game anyway? Before I started raving about it to everyone in Purdue, I didn't know a single person who had even heard of it, lol. And whatever you do, don't get rid of that game! It's becoming very rare!

I vote for Chris to be no. 1 on the Chi-Land PR list because of this, rofl.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
hm... alundra sounds interesting
OMG, Rat, you have no idea. It's like Zelda but harder and longer (yes, I'm aware of what I said), and it actually has a story. It just recently became available on the PSN (which, after writing my previous post, realized that it is there that Chris most likely got his copy from [especially since a hardcopy of the game is really difficult to come by anymore]).

Download this game!

Do it now!

Scythe

Smash Master
Arthur is sick so i have no ride!!!

host another one next week!

ORLY

Smash Master
Naw Goose I have a hard copy. I've known about this game since I rented it (back when people rented games) and immediately went out to buy it. It's definitely a fantastic sleeper title. Similar, I felt, to Illusion of Gaia for SNES. No one seems to know about that little gem either!

I was trying to find my old copy of Katamari Damacy 1 and Monster Rancher 1 but unfortunately, they may have been lost to The Void.

Top Bottom