• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash @ Rat's 4/12/11

Rat

Smash Lord
Vro, sorry i was being such an ashole last night.

On a semi-related note I am hella sick.

scheduling for next week sat

ORLY

Smash Master
Feel better, Rat!

Also I Vro Zoned Vro. THE WORLD NEARLY EXPLODED.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
rat wat was that ****ing insane combo you did to me on yoshis last night?? I remember feeling like i just got hit by a truck(driven by samus??)

it ended in charge shot i think

Rat

Smash Lord
Next event is 1/8/11:

It starts at 1PM!

It ends at 9PM!

That doesn't seems very ambiguous. >.>

Rat

Smash Lord
can't I'm still hella sick. I should probably go to the doctor tomorrow. =/

Big_R

Smash Champion
are u still sick from that michy tourny or another sickness? bro....stop spreadin swine flu and go to a doc!

Rat

Smash Lord
seriously though. Something about playing smash and staying up late is a recipe for disaster!

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
There's no better time machine than Melee. Every time I start up a late Smashfest, we end up playing until 3am when it barely even feels like midnight.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
i like the way you think john, but why didnt you show up on fri? i even had SMB set up so we could play!!!

john!

Smash Hero
johns, that's why!

nah i just told some other guys i'd do new year's with them, and i didn't want to bail out on them at the last minute

i'll probably make it to either chris' tomorrow or rat's on saturday, or both

furthermore, this smiley sort of looks like the super meat boy logo :teeth: although i haven't played because i'm going to get a controller

ORLY

Smash Master
I'll be here on the 8th. Gonna be playing at full power.

I need more of that Rat / Vro training.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
SO i have ****ed my neck up in some way. This happens to be the perfect injury for a video game player because literally the only thing i am capable of doing right now involves sitting still and only moving my eyes and fingers.

tooo bad mass effect 2 isnt done downloading :( playing fable 2 until then

Rat

Smash Lord
wtf sveet take care of yourself!

Also I'm thinking tomorrow I may possibly give the first smash lesson. Please note the generally insecurity and tentativeness of the last sentence. I may not do it cause today the plans are:
1) Work on new game
2) Listen to music
3) Smoke some cigarettes / do general rat stuff
4) Student loans/budgeting
5) Smash lesson

Also I'm a bit nervous about it.

Anyways, I'm thinking the theme of these early lessons will be:
You Suck at Smash:
Why Kelly Smith Is Better Than You

basically talking about the concepts kelly does exceptionally well that other people really don't do or don't think about.

but I also want to talk about different mental models of this game so hopefully I'll be able to work those in under that theme. Also, Hopefully the lesson will be less of "Hey! I think I'm smart" and more of "Think about this!" though I could fail horribly at that lol.

gl me!

edit: Man I really like explosion in the sky!

ORLY

Smash Master
Rat's proactive about improving the community! I like it.

Especially the music and cigarettes features.

Tink

Smash Hero
do it chris....doooo itttt! matt has tried this and look how well its worked for him -_-.

ORLY

Smash Master
lol my fox blows. but with king kai training and a couple months, my fox could turn some heads.

it's too bad falcon is in my DNA now..

Rat

Smash Lord
it's really too bad that samus skills are not transferable to other characters.

It's like you have to learn a totally different game to play Samus, Peach, Jigglypuff, and ICs. =/

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I disagree nick. To me they all teach the same game from a different perspective giving you a broader view in the long run.

Tink

Smash Hero
ya, i was about to say....ive never thrown out 20 random f-smashes with any other char then marth =D.

Rat

Smash Lord
it works pretty good with falcon.

Though it mostly happens when I fail to buffer a roll.

Rat

Smash Lord
Ok! So i succeeded at my other tasks and now am working on a general outline of the lesson.

Also I'm going to have to change the timeline for tomorrow. We have a stupid meeting that I have to go into tomorrow for work. It starts at 2pm. So that means...

Official Start time is now:
3PM

You can come 12-1:30 if you like but I will have to leave. If you want to play a bunch please be there at 3 as I'm pretty ****ing serious about ending at 9pm. I feel bad if you drive awhile then only get to play for a bit =(.

Kels88

Smash Lord
lmao this is too funny. I don't do anything special. I mean supposedly i'm not the smartest smasher and i'm not the most technical so i don't know why i win. lol Perhaps I really am just the luckiest smasher in the MW. If this is true then coming up with ways to beat me is pointless, do to the fact that i win off of pure luck. lol but i'm going to give out this one tip and it should help out everyone.

Smash Tip of the Day:
Don't put yourself in a position to get ****ed up. I always try and do the safest option and just punish everyone for their mistakes. That's why it's hard for me to play against other people who don't **** up. lol but seriously. Take that into consideration. Any really good player is going to eat you alive if you give them a chance to capitalize on your mistake.

Now some characters have to put their *** on the line in order to go on the offensive. But just don't try and force anything. lol ask Rat when i play against his Samus with my Marth. I don't start getting wrecked til i start trying to kill him and get impatient.

So remember. Don't force the kill. Just wait them out and be patient. They'll eventually mess up. But if they can be just a bit more patient than you and force you to throw out a mistimed attack, chances are they'll kill you. Especially if you are at high percent.

Good night everyone. maybe this'll help you all beat me next weekend:

Rat

Smash Lord
lmao this is too funny. I don't do anything special. I mean supposedly i'm not the smartest smasher and i'm not the most technical so i don't know why i win.
lol don't cut yourself short kelly, you are one of the smartest smashers I know. There are reasons you win all the time.

lol also It's not going to be like, let's study kels habits hour. I'm just going to use things you do as an example and a starting point to talk about some stuff.

Smash Tip of the Day:
Amazingness.
Not lying, I'm pretty much going to say the exact same message but with more detail. So, Leave Some of it to me!!

ORLY

Smash Master
Kels just told us who he's going to try and use at SG next weekend.

Get ready for Kelly's Marth, ladies and gentlemen!

Top Bottom