• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

the end

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
I really wanted to just live like this for a long while. It was too fun. I love smash so much. I really, really liked it a lot, got really obsessed with it, and thus became super good at it. Tournaments were really fun as well as all the traveling. I wanted to support smash and make it as big as possible for as long as possible while also learning stuff about it too. Looks like I did the opposite, killing my dream, my job, and the game all at once.

now I'm a villian :/ That's like the last thing I wanted. I had no bad intentions with splitting (I still did not get the money yet) I just didn't feel like playing then (wasn't set throwing either i just didn't really care. I am normally very competitive I just was not then). Had I known it was so horrible to do that I never would have had the thought cross my mind. It was the worst mistake in my life. I just wish it didn't have to end like this even though I know it's partially my fault (not nearly as much as sundance said though, the lack of nintendo support and sponsors was a much much bigger issue, I still believe I am for the most part being used as a scapegoat but I wanted to apologize anyway. Needless to say my passion for smash is gone now. I've never been so sad before... sorry)

Iliad

Smash Lord
M2K.

You're an inspiration to all smash players, melee or brawl. If we had to choose between having MLG or having you cast as the "villain" we'd have you cast as the villain every time.

Much love from Canada Zimmermanson.

/lots of homo

Vain

Smash Journeyman
I hope brighter days come in your life, you're not a bad person at all. Best of luck M2K!

Tesh

Smash Hero
I don't think anyone actually sees M2K as a villain. Why would anyone? Cept maybe that kid that was mentioned in the other thread.

Life

Smash Hero
Linked to this thread in the official discussion.
30+ people viewing already.
And I'm pretty sure ALL of them are behind you. (Or pretty close to it.)

Enzo

Smash Lord
le facepalm at how a little mistake could have such an impact

I feel like smacking MLG up in a way
This player has been going to tournies b4 brawl even existed.

Sure he went against the rules but it wasnt THAT big a deal

At the end of the day banning him from MLG
Is lose-lose for every1

bigman40

Smash Master
Just move on. If you let one bad problem happen, then you ruin any other chances to make something else happen. Although it is highly unlikely, other chances are at the throwback event and our effort to get support from as many people possible if we can never get Nintendo's compliance.

Cloudfox

Smash Ace
Awwwww. It's okay dude, anyone actually involved in the Smash community knows what really happened, and you certainly haven't killed Smash, lol. We're still going to have more iterations of all the non-MLG regionals and nationals we've come to love over the past few years, so it really doesn't change things all that much in the end.

Kadardes

Smash Apprentice
Please don't quit M2K.. whenever I want to show someone what a real pro looks like I always just whip out one of the hundreds of videos of you ******.. You're an inspiration to pretty much all of the smash community. If you quit.. all of the people who make it their goal to one day be able to beat you will have nothing to continue playing for.. Besides, a legend like yourself shouldn't have their last days tarnished by something as ******** as this.. If not for yourself.. keep playing for everyone else here who looks up to you at least?

dude the smash community will always love you, especially the east coast, we'd all always want you on our crew to destroy everyone, so dont worry about MLG, even if other national tourneys might not give you the economic support to be a pro gamer, the community will always appreciate your presence as one of the best (THE best imo) smashers of all time. screw mlg brawl sucks anyway >_< , the melee community will always be here yooo

Jun.

Smash Lord
Channel that long lost passion into something else. Whether it be some other game or even something that's not game related.

QQ'ing and making threads won't solve anything except having people grow your ego. Unless that's what you want.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
You should feel some what bad, I heard you telling people in the open at DC you were splitting with ADHD so it didn't matter like it wouldn't get spread around, its not a bull**** reason they brought your actions up, keep yo mouth closed to the public bout this stuff.

Don't quit tho, you're still ****.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
not that posting this will do much, but peeps probably shouldnt whine to him about quitting, let him make his own decisions without trying to guilt him.

Pr0jecT

Smash Ace
M2K i wouldn't worry too much. You're not at fault here, MLG is pretty pathetic for trying to pin you as a reason for kicking brawl to the curb. Truth is the game wasn't going to last another season whether there was a split or not. Its the fact there is not sponsering or money to made in Brawl. It's not like we're the top of the fighting game community. Every other game community laughs at us and we don't care.

I mean, you were there for all of Melee, you're the figure head of the community- you're a goddamn legend man.

Being cut from MLG isn't a big deal when this game is more focused on its own community effort to keep the game alive then some ****ty contract from a organization that is looked down upon by almost every foreign gaming organization. Halo is the only real thing they even have going for them (SC2 MLG was a total joke) and the only people who take Halo seriously are 14 year olds on Xbox Live or oldschool players from Halo CE and 2 when the game was actually popular.

Don't worry Jason. You lived your dream and still are, you're forever going to be looked up to and Its sad that MLG has to coward behind bull**** reasons such as this one instead of saying flat out "Brawl isn't where money is, sorry guys we're gonna have to cut you."

MLG is a joke, and I hope they know that.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
aib is ******** as hell

Jason youre a ****ing beast, **** mlg, **** aib, **** everyone who blames you

youre too good to be putting up with this **** man

-_skinny_-

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3668-9841-7290
Look at how much people support you, in one and a half hours after the OP, two pages have been filled up asking you not to quit.
Never quit man, i never seen you IRL and im not that involved in the smash community, but even i know that you are one of the best around if not the best... Although noone can tell you what to do or persuade you to keep going its still up to you, although everyone is hoping you do... Whatever you choose to do i just want to say good luck to ya

keeper

Smash Champion
Nah.

You were one of my main inspirations to actually try to be good. Do what you want, don't try to always please everyone else.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
M2K i wouldn't worry too much. You're not at fault here, MLG is pretty pathetic for trying to pin you as a reason for kicking brawl to the curb. Truth is the game wasn't going to last another season whether there was a split or not. Its the fact there is not sponsering or money to made in Brawl. It's not like we're the top of the fighting game community. Every other game community laughs at us and we don't care.

I mean, you were there for all of Melee, you're the figure head of the community- you're a goddamn legend man.

Being cut from MLG isn't a big deal when this game is more focused on its own community effort to keep the game alive then some ****ty contract from a organization that is looked down upon by almost every foreign gaming organization. Halo is the only real thing they even have going for them (SC2 MLG was a total joke) and the only people who take Halo seriously are 14 year olds on Xbox Live or oldschool players from Halo CE and 2 when the game was actually popular.

Don't worry Jason. You lived your dream and still are, you're forever going to be looked up to and Its sad that MLG has to coward behind bull**** reasons such as this one instead of saying flat out "Brawl isn't where money is, sorry guys we're gonna have to cut you."

This.
All of this.
-DD

Cookiemonsta

Smash Ace
Whoever thinks M2K is a villain jus mad cuz THEY can't beat em. Man up and do some pushups! PS: Don't quit...Please! Your one of those pros that I still haven't had a chance to play yet!

AuraStUrm

Smash Journeyman

1000 this's

To hell with MLG. They're just using the split as a coverup for saying "barwl isnt makin money lol". We all still love you, Jason, we've got an awesome scene without MLG, and like Pr0jecT said, MLG is a joke of an organization anyway.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Jason, you're no villain. We <3 you and don't blame you.
Instead of leaving smash, stay and help us show MLG we don't need to rely on them to have some awesome tournaments.
You rock, dude. Don't forget it!

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
The responses in this thread only help to illustrate the problems with the Brawl community. MLG is a joke? $60,000+ in prizes, almost $10,000 in stipends that players got just for showing up, and unlike tournaments like Winterfest and SNES, MLG actually pays what is promises. Unlike organizations like the CPL, EGL, WSVG, etc, MLG is still around, and they are around for a reason. Finally everyone who went to the MLG tournaments said they were the best thing they have ever been to and one of the most amazing tournament experiences ever, many said they were the best tournaments of their entire lives.

The joke are people in this community that can't act mature. And MLG is not solely blaming M2K/ADHD, if you listened to the podcast you will hear at least four different reasons for Brawl not returning to the 2011 circuit.

Don't act like spoiled brats. Responses like those in this thread make it nearly impossible for me to defend this community.

Yung Mei

The responses in this thread only help to illustrate the problems with the Brawl community. MLG is a joke? $60,000+ in prizes, almost $10,000 in stipends that players got just for showing up, and unlike tournaments like Winterfest and SNES, MLG actually pays what is promises. Unlike organizations like the CPL, EGL, WSVG, etc, MLG is still around, and they are around for a reason. Finally everyone who went to the MLG tournaments said they were the best thing they have ever been to and one of the most amazing tournament experiences ever, many said they were the best tournaments of their entire lives.

The joke are people in this community that can't act mature. And MLG is not solely blaming M2K/ADHD, if you listened to the podcast you will hear at least four different reasons for Brawl not returning to the 2011 circuit.

Don't act like spoiled brats. Responses like those in this thread make it nearly impossible for me to defend this community.
doesnt really matter though, since brawl was perfectly fine without MLG to begin with.

I agree with your second part, 100^99% though, if you notice over at AiB theres a bunch of ******s who say that MLG dropping brawl is entirely ADHD and M2k's fault, theyre ******** as hell and need to not play this game. Brawls community is disappointing, i never kept up with the melee scene in its time when Ken/Isai played, but i highly doubt melee ever had **** like this.

Amide

Smash Lord
doesnt really matter though, since brawl was perfectly fine without MLG to begin with.
LOL I'm sure it was "fine to begin with," but nobody can deny that MLG ran the best tournaments and was good for the smash scene.

Yung Mei

LOL I'm sure it was "fine to begin with," but nobody can deny that MLG ran the best tournaments and was good for the smash scene.
now that i think about it, saying "perfectly" was exagerating :)

im not saying the tourneys were bad or anything, but smash can handle not being MLG

look at melee, it hasnt been on MLG for quite a while, and its pretty strong

I'm pretty sure that the smashers that went to MLG had nothing but great things to say about it. I haven't experienced such an event yet hopefully in the future they'll run Brawl someday, though I guess I should be saying this in the MLG thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom