• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most Angriest Shinobi: WEBSTER'S BIRTHDAY BASH!!!

Devildigimon

Smash Lord

It's that time of year again. Last year was fun. Hopefully this year's tournament is better. Here's to hoping you folks can make it.

My Birthday is actually on January 30th. But meh...it's an excuse to have a tournament/gathering/party...whatever u wanna call it. :D Here's the info:

What: Most Angriest Shinobi: Webster's Birthday Bash!!!

When: January 29th AND January 30th 2011 (YES THIS IS A TWO DAY EVENT)

Where:

Paul's Video Arcade
5564 Durand Avenue (Regency Mall Northeast Entrance)
Racine, WI 53406

Venue Hours: Saturday (29th) 10AM - 8PM, Sunday (30th) 11AM - 6PM

Venue Fee: $7 (each day of the tournament)

This venue fee can be waived in a number of ways, this goes as follows:

- If you bring a FULL SETUP (consist of T.V, system/console/games with characters unlocked) and WE USE IT FOR TOURNAMENT PLAY...you pay $0 venue fee. This is on a first come first served bases.

- At this venue we SERIOUSLY need chairs (this is an arcade afterall). If you bring chairs that we can use for the tournament and/or casuals...you pay $0 venue fee.

- There is also a need for power strips. If you bring a power strip that we can use for the tournament and/or casuals...you pay $4 venue fee.

Tournament Games, Entry Fee, and Start Time:

PLEASE NOTE - THAT SIGN UPS ARE 30 MINUTES BEFORE TOURNAMENT START TIME.

ON SATURDAY JANUARY 29th

- Super Smash Brothers Brawl

^ Doubles, $5 per player, Starts @ 11AM

^ Singles, $10 to enter, Starts @ 3PM

* Super Smash Brothers Melee will be ran as a side event if there is enough space, time and interest.

ON SUNDAY JANUARY 30th (MY BIRTHDAY ^_^)

- Super Street Fighter 4, $10, Starts @ Noon

- Arcana Heart 3, $5, Starts @ Noon

- Blazblue Continuum Shift, $5, Starts @ Noon

- Naruto Shippuden: Gekitou Ninja Taisen Special @ Noon

* KOF 2k2UM and Melty Blood Actress Again are tenative side tournaments if there is time, setups, and interest. They will be $5 to enter.

TOURNAMENT GAME RULES AND REGULATIONS AND CONSOLES USED:

* Brawl Singles (Wii)

Format and Settings:

Double Elimination
3 Stocks
8 minutes time
Damage Ratio 1.0
Handicap Off
Best 2/3 Games
All Finals (winners, losers, grand finals) Best 3/5 Games (no exceptions)
Items set to "Off" and "None"

Starter Stage List:

NOTE: IT IS UP TO YOU GUYS TO REMEMBER THE STAGE LIST. IT WILL MAKES THINGS RUN A LOT MORE SMOOTHER. I WILL HAVE A COPY OF THE STAGE LIST AVAILABLE IF NEEDED.

Neutral:

Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Smashville
Lylat

Counter Stage List:

Delfino Plaza
Battleship Halberd
Castle Siege
Brinstar
Pokemon Stadium 1 (Melee Version)
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise

ANY STAGE THAT IS NOT MENTIONED ABOVE IS BANNED!!!

Set format:
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match

PLEASE NOTE:
* Double blind character selection may be called for the first match if needed. A T.O will come and keep track of what characters are used by players.

2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure. (Who starts will be decided by playing SHANKING FIST aka RPS). Then each player will alternate striking a stage until there is 1 left. That stage is played first round. THERE IS NO RANDOM UNLESS AGREED UPON.
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counter pick of the set.
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2.
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List.
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character.
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character.
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches.

Additional Rules:
- Stalling is Banned!
- If you use any controller styles that use the wiimote you will be responsible for removing the batteries inbetween your matches. Failure to do so can result in a DQ.
- In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by playing "SHAKING FIST" (Rock/Paper/Scissors).
- No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
- If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
- Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned (because it falls into the "Stalling violation").
- If a game ends with Bowser's Suicide Claw or Ganon's Arial Choke Slam the player who performed the move wins!!!
- You are responsible for your own controller. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
- Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

- Stalling/Chain Grabbing (applies to both Melee and Brawl): The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 100% past when the chain grab started (for example: if the CG started at 43%, you must end the CG...in some fashion... @ 143%). Also, deliberately avoiding any and all combat is stalling, where as jumping on and off the ledge doing an aerial at your opponent is simply spacing.

So with this said...

- Marth's hold release infinite vs. Lucus/Ness is banned.
- You are ONLY allowed 50 planks (catch edge. release edge. repeat) a game (plank count should be viewed at the end of your match in results).

Also...

If we are using your modified version of v.Brawl: please make sure your stages, character costumes, and other visual effects don't make it difficult for everyone to play on your set up. Stage boundries and edges should be the exact same as if you were playing on a non-modified setup. If there is a drastic complaint...THAT CAN BE PROVEN VALID...your setup will be removed and you will be disqualified for the remainder of the tournament with NO REFUND.

* Melee Singles (NGC/Wii)

Format and Settings:

Double Elimination
4 Stocks
8 minutes time
Damage Ratio 1.0
Handicap Off
Best 2/3 Games
All Finals (winners, losers, grand finals) Best 3/5 Games (no exceptions)
Items set to "Off" and "None"

Starter Stage List:

NOTE: AGAIN, IT IS UP TO YOU GUYS TO REMEMBER THE STAGE LIST. IT WILL MAKES THINGS RUN A LOT MORE SMOOTHER. I WILL HAVE A COPY OF THE STAGE LIST AVAILABLE IF NEEDED.

Neutral:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Dream Land
Fountain of Dreams (Only alllowed in SSBM Singles)

Counter Stage List:

Kongo Jungle 64
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium (Only allowed in SSBM Singles)

ANY STAGE THAT IS NOT MENTIONED ABOVE IS BANNED!!!

Set format is pretty similar to "Brawl Singles", except for the following:

- Obviously anything that is STRICTLY "Brawl" related lol
-Controller Mods, Glitches (Ice Climbers Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
-Wobbling is NOT banned

* Melee/Brawl Doubles (NGC/Wii):

-Friendly Fire will be on in teams and general rules apply

* SUPER Street Fighter 4

- double elimination tournament
- we'll be using the most updated version of SUPER Street Fighter 4, all consoles will be checked
- default time
- all rounds are set to 2/3
- 2/3 games for winners and losers brackets
- 3/5 games for winners, losers, and grand finals (no exceptions)
- stage is ALWAYS random (but if u agree on a stage, that's fine)
- winner keeps same character, loser may change character
- NO CHARACTERS ARE BANNED

* Arcana Heart 3 (PS3):

- Rules will be announced after the game is released.

* BlazBlue: Continuum Shift

- double elimination tournament
- default time
- all rounds are set to 2/3
- 2/3 games for winners and losers brackets
- 3/5 games for winners, losers, and grand finals (no exceptions)
- stage/music is ALWAYS random (but if you agree on a stage, that's fine)
- winner keeps same character, loser may change character
- UNLIMITED versions of characters are banned
- Astral finish IS ALLOWED
- Button binding is ALLOWED (for obvious reasons lol)
- easy specials/supers are BANNED
- All game breaking glitches are banned

* Naruto Shippuden Gekitou Ninja Taisen Special (Wii)

- Double Elimination
- 3/5 Rounds
- 2/3 matches winners/losers - bracket
- 3/5 matches winners/losers/grand - finals (no exceptions)
- Default Time
- Damage Setting 3
- Stage is always random, unless both players agree.
- Winner keeps character, loser may Stage or Character, but NEVER both.
- All control use options are allowed. If using Wiimote make sure to remove your batteries from Controller or you will be sent to losers/DQ'ed (if you were in losers) if it interferes with another TOURNAMENT Match.
- Latent Ninja Power ON
- Hand signs are allowed
- ANY GLITCH THAT CAUSES IRREGULAR PLAY IN UNIVERSAL SYSTEM MECHANICS IS BANNED

Fun line-up of games. Hope everyone is able to come hang out and participate. Good times will be had. HYPE!!!!

Any questions or suggestions, please post up.

KenniSpam!

Smash Master
edit:
- You are ONLY allowed 50 planks (catch edge. release edge. repeat) a game (plank count should be viewed at the end of your match in results).

50 planks

:metaknight:

edit 2: Just to clarify guys, Pokefloats IS legal here :]

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
Are your Melee stages actually what you posted? I only ask, cuz it's kind of the outdated stagelist, some of those stages are no longer allowed, and the neutrals have changed a little bit.

SothE700k

Smash Lord
"- Custom Characters, Hilde, and Algol are banned. ALL other chaacters are legal."

Custom Characters and Hilde I can understand (Screw you Hilde and that ******** lock) but why Algol?

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Oro care to gimme the updated list haha. I'll fix the first post.

SothE700k. Algol is uber ******** (but somewhat beatable) and bubble camera glitch (this is why ******** is his maiden name lol) doesn't help. Also those are community rule. So I gotta stick to em.

Oro?!

Smash Hero

SothE700k. Algol is uber ******** (but somewhat beatable) and bubble camera glitch (this is why ******** is his maiden name lol) doesn't help. Also those are community rule. So I gotta stick to em.
2v2 Melee Starters
Pokemon Stadium
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Dream Land

2v2 CPs
KJ64
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar

1v1 starters
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Dream Land
Fountain of Dreams

1v1 CPs
KJ64
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium

Might be others. That's close enough for me right now.

SothE700k

Smash Lord

Ah that's right, I remember the camera glitches. It's been a bit since I've played SC4.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
i'll try to appear from the grave again but sadly the two day part might keep me away
I wanted to come... ditto the two-day thing.

I'M TRYING TO FIND TOURNEYS THAT I CAN GO TO!!!! IT'S NOT PARTICULARLY MY FAULT IF I CAN'T WORK SMASH INTO MY BUSY SCHEDULE!

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
IFF I go to this (I'm not saying I will, because I would disappoint everyone if I did say so), I would team with whoever can use ZSS. I need absorption **** or else my ness goes into high percent range and dies quicker than it should.

Either that or dajayman.

IFF I go to this. IFF, with TWO F's. That means I'm completely unsure.

grimacetpp

Smash Apprentice
IFF I go to this (I'm not saying I will, because I would disappoint everyone if I did say so), I would team with whoever can use ZSS. I need absorption **** or else my ness goes into high percent range and dies quicker than it should.

Either that or dajayman.

IFF I go to this. IFF, with TWO F's. That means I'm completely unsure.
I thought iff was common notation for if and only if. That's not the way you were using it I guess. Also, lol at Kenni. Wafles bring me the guy I want to team with, if he doesn't show up. I'm not teaming with you.

KenniSpam!

Smash Master
I thought iff was common notation for if and only if. That's not the way you were using it I guess. Also, lol at Kenni. Wafles bring me the guy I want to team with, if he doesn't show up. I'm not teaming with you.
i'd team with wafles' mk but his zss sux balls lol

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Yo what's up guys. Sorry I haven't been too active in the thread. But hella busy with other projects and IRL stuff.

Yes guys Smash is ALL ON SATURDAY at this event. But if you are interested in playing the fighting games on Sunday, you'll need to come on back the next day. Because there is NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO possible way I could do all tournament games on one day...well not at that venue anyways lol.

So with that said, I do indeed hope you are all able to make it in one way or another.

Oro WILL be running Melee. So Melee WILL be at this tournament.

Any questions or concerns hit me up on facebook (Webster Snow Jr) or shoot me a PM herez.

Peace.

EDIT - The first post has FINALLY been updated with the right Melee stage list. :p

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

I was actually trying to get this date cleared up, but I ended up having a chess tournament the exact same day.... :(

I FREAKING HATE CONFLICTS!

Scythe

Smash Master

I was actually trying to get this date cleared up, but I ended up having a chess tournament the exact same day.... :(

omfg i lol'd so hard.

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord

How about instead of telling us every single time you can't make it because of X, Y, or Z, you just don't tell us until you can come.

Quik17

Smash Ace
How about instead of telling us every single time you can't make it because of X, Y, or Z, you just don't tell us until you can come.
THIS * 1000000000000000

Eagle - NO ONE ****ING CARES. You've been giving us your random johns for like the past year and a half. We already know you're not showing up, there's no point in constantly making johns in every single thread

Scythe

Smash Master
THIS * 1000000000000000

Eagle - NO ONE ****ING CARES. You've been giving us your random johns for like the past year and a half. We already know you're not showing up, there's no point in constantly making johns in every single thread
lololololololol

Top Bottom