• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most Angriest Shinobi: WEBSTER'S BIRTHDAY BASH!!!

Zwarm

Smash Hero
News to me.
Also I'm not coming, sorry.

If anyones hosting a smashfest anytime soon down there I'll come for that though. I just don't feel like dealing with the cramped nature of Paul's.

Not to mention the complete lack of direction this series has taken. Christ, last time Kirk had to just up and start hosting the tournament because no one was there. So basically I'm no longer going to attend any MAS, at least not until a new venue is found. I don't mean to really insult the series, it had its run, but I'm just no longer interested in it.
Dude, Webster was in the hospital last tournament, and DK had to come from Chicago in ****ty weather to run it on short notice. It wasn't anyone's fault, and that's kind of a dumb reason to stop going, imo. :/

Your choice though.

Wafles

Smash Lord
Dude, Webster was in the hospital last tournament, and DK had to come from Chicago in ****ty weather to run it on short notice. It wasn't anyone's fault, and that's kind of a dumb reason to stop going, imo. :/

Your choice though.
We drove 3 hours from WI and made it there in plenty of time.
Just saying.

But honestly its mostly the venue.

ORLY

Smash Master
Is there gonna be Melee at this?

Also: can SSF4 be changed to be run on the same day as Melee? Two seperate days is :(

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Whoa...Wafles. But yeah if the venue doesn't suit you, then I'm sorry to hear that. But its definitely all we got for now.

I'll try to look into a new venue in the spring, but for now this will do.

Thanks to the guys who have been supporting the MAS series. I really appreciate it.

By the way Wafles: just FYI people actually asked to help me run the tournaments at MAS. To either get their venue fee waived or just to simply be that awesome and help out. You used to be that exact person yourself. So yeah please don't dis the series. Cuz when you say "lack of direction", that's a tad offensive imo.

Scythe

Smash Master
don't worry about it webster. at least we don't have to pay alot for parking like screenz. just wish there was more room for set-ups

ORLY

Smash Master
I didn't get a reply so I'll ask once more: can some finagling be done to run SSF4 and Melee on the same day?

Also: let me ask you; does a machine like yourself experience FEAR?

Oro?!

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure it's set that it's smash one day, and real fighters the next day, lol. Webster could clarify this though.

Let me answer you. BEEP BEEP. I AM A SHEIK MAIN. SLAP. SLAP.

Arty

Smash Lord
So yah, I have a presentation I have to give for work this Saturday. It's in the morning, but I have no idea how long it'll last. It definitely won't end before 12, so I'm for sure missing doubles. I plan on going for singles, but there's a chance I might not be able to go at all.

I know some people wanted a ride. (Diego, Jared, King? Sago? Kain?) If you guys can't find a different alternative than I guess we'll just see what happens.

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
LMFAO!!!! Chris, there is NO WAY we can do SSF4 and Smash on the same day. Because the bulk of players who play SSF4 also play AH3, Blazblue, and other 2d games.

The reason why the 3d games are on the same day as Smash is because most 3d players ONLY play their respective game (Tekken or Soul Calibur).

Melee will be there on Saturday along with Brawl...all good.

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
So yah, I have a presentation I have to give for work this Saturday. It's in the morning, but I have no idea how long it'll last. It definitely won't end before 12, so I'm for sure missing doubles. I plan on going for singles, but there's a chance I might not be able to go at all.

I know some people wanted a ride. (Diego, Jared, King? Sago? Kain?) If you guys can't find a different alternative than I guess we'll just see what happens.
Presentation? Do you have to explain what you do to them? Because I sure hope you do that better for them then you do us.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
LMAO where does Arty work? Argonne? I can see Arty giving a presentation giving a presentation now:

"So uhhh this is a particle collider. It's pretty cool, all right? It's legit. It's really confusing though, I don't know what would possess a normal, healthy person to learn how to use it."

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
From the way you describe it, you sit around and do nothing all day. Scythe says you're some sort of tech support, and I know you work for Argonne, but I don't know what your job actually consists of. You could be a super special agent of some sort and I'd never know.

Arty

Smash Lord
I used to sit around and do nothing when I first started. Now I'm gettin more and more work, usually working on office documents, editing the website, and a lot of other boring stuff :c

and lol at DLA

Scythe

Smash Master

omg don't choke!

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
you're 100% correct, I'll be extra generous with the "yo"s next time.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
Hopefully you guys keep this up for awhile, I'm moving to Lombard/Glen Ellyn in June so I look forward to coming to some tourneys now Webster!

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Hopefully you guys keep this up for awhile, I'm moving to Lombard/Glen Ellyn in June so I look forward to coming to some tourneys now Webster!
We used to have a lot more going on, but right now, Webster's monthlies are pretty much it. The good news is that Lombard/Glen Ellyn is pretty much right in the middle of everyone.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
We used to have a lot more going on, but right now, Webster's monthlies are pretty much it. The good news is that Lombard/Glen Ellyn is pretty much right in the middle of everyone.
Ah, that's good to know. I was probably gonna set up some stuff after a month or so in my apartment, so it'll be awesome to get to know the Chicago Smash scene a bit better

Top Bottom