• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mourning Pirates Present: Enter the Dragon 2/5

lord karn

Smash Master
So David and I decided to host a tournaments again finally. If this one goes well we'll host another one and we might make it a Jubilee.

Chapel Hill, NC 27514

The tourney will be held in Monica's house, which David, Monica and I are living in. We'll only be able to have about seven cars parked in front of the house. However, there is an apartment complex that is like a 2 min walk from our house that will have plenty of space.

The house is about 3 times bigger than the Billfest apartment. We also have carpet, which is a huge upgrade for sleeping purposes. The house is really open, so there will be tons of rooms for setups. I think we can fit at least 25. David and I have about 10 tvs and two wiis between us. So it's up to you guys to bring setups to make sure this runs quickly.

Seeing as this is Monica's house and that we have carpet, it's important that we not mess anything up. We'll have a box for shoes in the laundry room which is right next to the door. There should be ABSOLUTELY NO shoes on in the house. I think we're still going to allow food and drink throughout the house, but please don't leave open drinks sitting around. Also, if anyone sees a spill of any kind, please report it to one of us so we can clean it up.

Date
February 5th

Times
10:00 - Registration begins.
11:00 - Melee Teams starts.
1:00 - Melee Singles starts.
5:00 - Brawl Teams starts.
~7:00 - Brawl Singles starts.

Yep, we're running both games in one day again. It should work better here than it did at Billfests and BACs, because we have way more space. Make sure you bring setups!

There will probably be some time between games to get food. Otherwise, go whenever you have time. Also, we'll be selling some food at the house, like the old billfests.

If you're going to be late call either me or David.

Me: 919-810-4681
David (THO): 919-559-7078

People are welcome to spend the night on Saturday. I don't think we'll be having people over on Friday, though.

Prices
Venue Fee: $5
Singles Events: $5
Teams Events: $5 per person

We've got to have a venue fee, because Monica doesn't want to have tournaments otherwise. So plan accordingly! We're still deciding what we're going to do as to reducing price for setups.

Melee Rules
Seeing as this is before Pound 5, we'll use Pound 5 rules. I'll post them later.

Brawl Rules
Seeing as this is before Pound 5, we'll use Pound 5 rules. I'll post them later.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
watch out for pound!

also, if im coming to chapel hill someone is going to get kuramas with me

how far is this from franklin street?

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
2/5 2/5 2/5 2/5 2/5

that's my birthday weekend

lord karn

Smash Master
watch out for pound!

also, if im coming to chapel hill someone is going to get kuramas with me

how far is this from franklin street?
It's like 3-5 mins drive down martin luther (highway 86) from Franklin. Unfortunately it's not walking distance. There are also lots of other shopping centers and such in Chapel Hill that have been largely unexplored. . .

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
yea besides... tournaments smashfests in nc ppl never train. its just a party with smash at it lol which is cool but hopefully people get serious for pound

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
sneak I don't know what you're definition of training is, but unless I'm legit playing super friendly bros I try to at least take one thing out of every match I play to help myself get better.

I'm sure a lot of NC does the same

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
we don't really take friendlies as serious as we should at smashfest. I'm ready to buckle down and do some work.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
thank you smith, for admitting the truth.

now that i have my car, i'll do what i can to get you to more of the gboro events that occur and see if we can get that (falco?) up to snuff.

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell

now that i have my car, i'll do what i can to get you to more of the gboro events that occur and see if we can get that (falco?) up to snuff.

It's looking like Falco. :p

Thank you, I appreciate it Chris! I'll try and ****. I'm ready to get serious about this and stop slowly lounging around like I feel like I have been for a long while now and I want to get serious and actually reach goals and beat others.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
I'd say 2/5 considering I've had mine posted for the 29th for about 2 wks.....but it's w/e if u wanna host the same day

grrrrrr

lol

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
yea besides... tournaments smashfests in nc ppl never train. its just a party with smash at it lol which is cool but hopefully people get serious for pound
sneak I don't know what you're definition of training is, but unless I'm legit playing super friendly bros I try to at least take one thing out of every match I play to help myself get better.

I'm sure a lot of NC does the same
we don't really take friendlies as serious as we should at smashfest. I'm ready to buckle down and do some work.

While this may be true for some of NC (a lot), it's definitely not totally true. I train super hard. :083:

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
That's how I play best and learn the most AND am much more enjoyable to play. I do not enjoy getting mad, frustrated or upset and I'm pretty certain that those playing me share that sentiment.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Comboing Josh doesn't count unless you're a better player or it was a **** combo.
Exactly. That means **** me harder to impress me, por favor.

and both of those are totally unprecedented

edit; Josh loves my reverse up b's :D
Cute as **** DOOO IT MORE

I still personally love Dair OOS to Reverse Dolphin Slash as a true combo the most. <3

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
dont get me started on ur homoerotic obsession with ***get *** anime villains kadaj

at least that ****'s a dragon

Top Bottom