• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlanta Revival: Calm Before the Storm

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Yeah, they've got the second one for the year on deck. Again, if you have any questions, pm IMPACT CLASH and ask them, as I'm not running anything in the tourney; they just ask me to post cause I'm some kinda face...

... or something.. D:

When we said we will stay consistent this year we meant it! And we’re back again for another chapter of Atlanta Revival. For those of you who missed last month you missed a really hyped event! We had over 64 participants the attend from all over just for Street Fighter IV alone. And Yes, the 3rd Strike madness will be back. This will also be the first tournament in GA to present to you a Marvel vs Capcom 3 tournament. This is indeed be the calm before the storm as it will be one of the last tournaments in Georgia where all of us can see where we stand and what we need to improve on for Final Round in March! And this time we will have a stream unlike last month. If you filled out the Impact Clash/Atlanta Revival text message list information at the last tournament make sure to opt into our text message program when you receive the invite.

When: February 26th, 2011

Where:
Georgia World Congress Center
285 Andrew Young International Blvd., NW
Atlanta, Georgia 30313-1591

Room C208

Door fee: $10

Spectator fee: $5

10 a.m. begins registration
12:30 p.m. registration end
1 p.m. tournament begins

Running late? Call us or text us at 404-954-0243

Bring your own Controller/Stick

If you bring a setup your door fee is waived. Please guys we need a few setups to ensure a nice smooth tournament. If you plan on bringing a setup BE ON TIME once we hit our limit we will deny equipment waivers!

Riding Marta:
If you take Marta to the GWCC ride the train all the way to the GWCC/GA Dome/CNN train station. It's one train station west of Five Points train station. When you get off the train go up the escalator and go to your left, up the stairs. Look to your right and you'll see the GWCC buildling. It's that simple.

Remember parking is $10 at the GWCC.

Live Stream will be at the tournament
Catch our live stream of the event at Impact_Clash on USTREAM: Streamers of video game fighting tournaments. :).

If you can't make it we will have a stream up for all you stream monsters!

All games will be $10 entrance fee
Double Elimination
Standard tournament rounds (3 for 3D, 2 for 2D)
3/5 winners
3/5 losers
4/7 grand finals
Winner keeps same character/teams in ALL GAMES (except Brawl)

Click here to pre-register! It takes less than a minute! We want to make sure we have an accurate head count in case we need a bigger room. Last time only 30 people pre-registered but we had well over 100 people!

Click here to view the pre-registration list of those who've registered!
Games:
Tekken 6 $10
Playstation 3
Best 3 out of 5 matches
2 out of 3
No button mapping allowed (I.E. RP+RK)

Super Street Fighter IV: $10
Playstation 3
2 out of 3 matches
2 out of 3 sets
No button mapping (Except 3x Punch and 3x Kicks
Super Street Fighter IV Special Tournament $5
Playstation 3
2 out of 3 matches
2 out of 3 sets
No button mapping (Except 3x Punch and 3x Kicks)
Special conditions TBA (Possibly %50 health, new characters only or random select).
Marvel vs Capcom 3: $10
2 out of 3
Rules TBA

Marvel Vs Capcom 2: $5
2 out of 3 sets
Blazblue Continum Shift $10
Best 2 out of 3 matches
2 out of 3 sets
Street Fighter III: Third Strike $5
PS2
Best 2 out of 3 matches
Best 2 out of 3 sets
Super Smash Bros: Brawl $10
Wii
Rules will be posted in our Smash Boards Thread
Super Smash Bros: Melee $10
Wii/Gamecube
Rules will be posted in our Smash Boards Thread
Melty Blood (Japanese Playstation 2)
2 out of 3
Earth Stage
Winner keeps same character and moon phase
Rules may change at any time. Hope to see you guys there.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Ryker and myself should be here unless something closer to use goes down in Feb.

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
o snap it's only like 30 mins from my house :O Uuhhh...

Might come? Probably not with my luck, dunno if I even should xD~ <3 <3
You should come. I'm going to try to hype up this tournament so there should be a good turn out hopefully. It'll be a lot of fun. I doubt you'd regret it.

I think Scatz is coming to this and I talked to D0N earlier and he said he was coming too *his post above me is now more confirmed*. I'll be coming too of course along with 4GOD too prob. This alone should bring some HYPE!

I'll be bringing my Wii like normal too. Hope to see everyone there.

bigman40

Smash Master
Hyesz, namesearchin. Everyone should come to this so I can see everyone again. :D

PS: My ride will probably also have Deo and Light/Chaos coming too.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
If we have suitable interest, will we be able to host a Doubles tournament?

Also, brings setups if you can, guys.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
Hey, I'm showing up to this.

Anyone along the 316-->85 way gets to go for free if they need a ride.

Else, see you in three days.

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
If we do do Doubles would it be possible to still do Singles first?... I wanted to go somewhere after the tournament which would be cool if Singles would end asap instead of being even more delayed. If not... that's fine. I was just originally planning on it only being singles.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I'm confirmed to going to this. Reflex, do you know if Calvin will be here? If not then does anyone else want to team with me?

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Does anyone need a doubles partner for this? I'm motivated to get first.

I WILL NOT FAIL!

Lounis, luis, mic?

Player-1

Smash Legend
I'm pretty sure Calvin is teaming with me unless he changed his mind and we'll be killing people at 30% with one hit, true stuff.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Calvin has apparently promised Lounis that he'd team with him at every tournament ever until Genesis 2.

Traitor.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
Well we are planning to team for genesis 2 and we need to get our new characters down well pat for teams. Luigi falco is a bad team imo, but diddy mk can work really well.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
I've done metaknight luigi teams COUNTLESS amounts of time. I know its a really good team and its one of those teamates that can make Luigi not feel helpless in teams.

I'm trying to do my own diddy thing now though, I really need teams xp with him. I won't be afriad to pull out luigi though for certain teams however

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
I should've said this earlier, but we have to be different costumes. I call Blue Classic and Red/Green Biker.

I MAKE UNNECESSARY DEMANDS.
I think your asking for too much..

I would let you have cotton candy wario since i'm that sweet, but fresh peppermint red/white biker wario is pushin it. Let alone green olive biker.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Registration ends so dam early, I get out of Class @ 12 and will probably be relying on a ride....

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I think your asking for too much..

I would let you have cotton candy wario since i'm that sweet, but fresh peppermint red/white biker wario is pushin it. Let alone green olive biker.
Fair enough--You can have the other two, but I'm going to ask our opponents if we can get Blue every single time we play.

aml529

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aml529
3DS FC
0645-5790-3402
Well it'll be more fun than last time for sure just with more people showing up lol. When they did this last month, I think there were maybe 20 entrants or so and I got 7th. Sooooo...I'm probably not going to make 7th this time haha.

Top Bottom