• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pound V Preparation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slashy

Smash Lord
When: February 13, 2 PM-12 AM
Where: Rochester Institute of Technology (Address: One Lomb Memorial Drive, 14623) in the Sol Activity Room (Building-Room 47-1016)
Contact: AIM: mustaphafan , YIM: slashx234 , phone number: (561) 702-3908

The area circled in red is the building where the event is held.

Events:

Singles and Doubles, Entry fee $5 for singles, 10$ per team
$1 venue fee

Rules:

General Rules

* Items are set to off.
* 4 Stocks
* 8 minute time limit
* All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)
* In the event of any dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
* The Tournament Host is the arbiter of all disputes.
* Blind Picks: If requested, players can request that both players pick their characters blind, meaning that both will not have prior knowledge of the other's character.
* Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick a stage he or she has previously won on unless agreed upon by both players.
* Gentleman's clause: any stage may be played on so long as both players and the Tournament Host agree to it, including banned stages. This can be used in tandem with the Modified Dave's Stupid Rule (MDSR).
*TO's clause, any rule change may be agreed upon as long as both players and the TO agree upon it, rule changes only apply to that specific set
* Timed out matches will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, replay that match. Any Sudden Death match is strictly not to be played.
*Friendly Fire is ON
*Do not disrupt matches, this includes screaming, walking in front of the television during a match, or any sort of physical contact
*Pause is disabled, if you need to restart a match SD, please inform the TOs that the match did not count.

Stage List:

Starter
Fountain of Dreams
Dream Land
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story

Counter
Pokemon Stadium
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Past Stages: Kongo Jungle

Events are currently singles, doubles Entry fee $5, $10 per team

Rules:

General Rules

* 3 Stocks
* 8 minute time limit
* Items are set to "off" and "none"
* All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)
* In the event of any dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
* Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick a stage he or she has previously won on unless agreed upon by both players.
* Gentleman's clause: any stage may be played on so long as both players and the Tournament Host agree to it, including banned stages. This can be used in tandem with the Modified Dave's Stupid Rule (MDSR).
*TO's clause, any rule change may be agreed upon as long as both players and the TO agree upon it, rule changes only apply to that specific set
* Timed out matches will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, replay that match. Any Sudden Death match is strictly not to be played.
* Ledge grab rule: Regarding timed out matches, check ledge grabs for each character. If either character goes above 45, the one with less grabs wins. Note, the ledge grab code is allowed to be activated on any setup to enforce this rule
* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw (forward+B) and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.
* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
* Stalling is banned. Stalling is defined The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is.
* No use of Marth’s Grab Release Infinites against Lucas and Ness.
* No use of King Dedede’s Standing Grab Infinites against Bowser, Donkey Kong, Luigi, Samus, and Mario.
* No use of Meta Knight’s Infinite Cape Glitch.
* No Tripping and triple jump glitch fixes are allowed to be on any setup
* Customized Content should be relatively clean and should not be distracting to the other player(s). The system might be disqualified for tournament if using Riivolution if this rule, or the use of the File Patch Code. If you do choose to use the File Patch Code, then please allow me to check any questionably offending hacks. I suggest you come early.
*Do not modify any stages, in terms of gameplay or collision data, that I have not approved as extra stages. Do not use any gameplay altering codes outside of what I have allowed above! So do not use any custom character movesets or animations!
*Friendly Fire is ON
*Do not disrupt matches, this includes screaming, walking in front of the television during a match, or any sort of physical contact
*Pause is disabled, if you need to restart a match SD, please inform the TOs that the match did not count.

Stage List:

Starter

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise

Extra Starter
Wifi Waiting Room (if applicable)
WarioWare (if frozen)

Counter
Halberd
Brinstar
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 1
Castle Siege
Pokemon Stadium 2
Pictochat

Extra Counter
Luigi's Mansion+
Green Hill Zone+
New Pork City+
Temple+

Currently unknown, no entry fee.

Rules:

Please bring flash drives or SD cards, as I'll be the one setting up Brawl Minus on the Wiis

General Rules

* 4 Stocks
* 8 minute time limit
* Items are set to "off" and "none"
* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw (forward+B) and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.
* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
* Stalling is banned. Stalling is defined The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is.

Stage List:

Starter
Battlefield
Final Destination+
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
WarioWare(Frozen)
Wifi Waiting Room (Pick Hanenbow)
Pictochat+
Green Hill Zone+ (No Monitor)
Skyworld-
Rumble Falls+
Yoshi's Story
Delfino Plaza
Luigi's Mansion+
Fountain of Dreams

Counter
Pokemon Stadium
Pokemon Stadium 2
Big Blue-
Port Town Aero Drive-
Frigate Orpheon
Brinstar
Lavaville
Jungle Japes
Green Greens+
Pirate Ship-
Spear Pillar-
Castle Siege

Pot Division
1st: 10$
2nd: 5$

Schedule of Events
2PM-3PM Brawl doubles signups
3PM-5PM Brawl doubles, Brawl singles signups
5PM-7PM Brawl singles, Melee doubles signups, Brawl- signups
7PM-9PM Melee doubles, Brawl-
8PM-10PM Melee Singles, Brawl-

2 hours extra for delays

I have one extra hour just in case anything takes longer.

PLEASE COME ON TIME! It's difficult to schedule all these events into the time period.

Any suggestions for other events or rule changes will be taken into consideration

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace
* No use of Marth’s Grab Release Infinites against Lucas and Ness.

I love how people say this like It's an infinite.

darkoblivion12

Smash Lord
I'm claiming the right of co-TO, I'll be running the Melee tourney. And if Slashy agrees, I think we'll need someone to run brawl too.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I might come to this depending on whether I finish all my projects early.

Slashy

Smash Lord
Do you think I should I have singles or doubles for Minus...? I'd like doubles, but I am not sure if everyone can get a partner.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
you should have unlocked these brawl hack games to let 6 players play at once.

Il volunteer to play on a wiichuk

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Yo

if you have a problem with a one dollar venue fee, you can stay home.

Also, whens the next geneseo tourney? since you can clearly get free venues and time slots with in days just like slashy did anytime you want, yes?

NNID
Budget_Player
<3 K.I.D.

Seriously, I'm backing slashy on this. The very lowest I have ever paid for a venue fee at a smash tournament is 12 euros; usually it's closer to 20. Kindly stop *****ing. FTR: I advised him to raise it to $5 and put some of that money into Brawl-, the rest into his own pocket.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Suggesting that Pirate Ship Minus be practiced before the tourney starts. It can get a little rowdy :p

Also, are you going to print out "general changelists"? I.E.: "These things are wildly different so play around with them first." As opposed to "Here is every raw value of knockback and ****"

Slashy

Smash Lord
To every player (or Brawl) at least, knowing that everything about your main/secondary is buffed is generally good enough, except for Pikapika, who managed to lose his first round in Minus despite dominating with Pikachu in Melee and Brawl.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
even if we did up the price (which wont happen since we need to save up as much money as we can for pound, hence the name) even then youd need to bring like 15 people with you to make it even close to profitable for you, since this thing is probably going to have less than 20 people anyway.

darkoblivion12

Smash Lord
even if we did up the price (which wont happen since we need to save up as much money as we can for pound, hence the name) even then youd need to bring like 15 people with you to make it even close to profitable for you, since this thing is probably going to have less than 20 people anyway.
it really depends, he'd win melee and brawl singles and doubles. usually these end up having around 30 people combined between the all the tourneys. so i'm really not sure how worth it it's going to be for him.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
@pyro, Im pretty sure the last rit tourney we had in the sol room didnt have 30 total bodies at it. and this is guaranteed to have less, just because of the lack of prep time.

@nub, what you said.

@linkshot, why are you here? are you coming to this tourney? can you leave if youre not?

darkoblivion12

Smash Lord
@pyro: stuff
i didnt quite take a tally of all the people. I just know that smash club peaked at about 30 people, and those are usually the people that head to these tournies.

@linkshot, why are you here? are you coming to this tourney? can you leave if youre not?
i agree with this. i don't know why randoms comment on tourneys they are not going to.

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
Linkshot is a member of the broom for minus, that's probably why he's posting. For the rules and such.
Not sure why you guys need a reason for him to post, though :/

Uhm I'm not going either, but I'd like to know the stream information. Does the venue have wifi + access to stream friendly computers? If so, if i gave you the equipment, could you stream the minus tournament?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
not gonna happen.

not because I actively dont like brawl minus enough to do something like that (although I dont) but simply because we dont have the means. Although I think slashy can play brawl minus off of his laptop and in that case he might be able to do something with that but thats something you can take up with him personally since he'l be the only one with the drive and the equipment to do something like that.

you dont see people in the melee or brawl back rooms showing up in random tourney threads that they arent going to, I dont see why the hack games BRs shouldnt be the same.

@ m2k.
I mean if you really wanna come, we might be able to do something with the entry fee thing, but in all honesty I dont believe that you would come out in the positive regardless of what we do simply because of the attendance numbers that Im expecting.

Slashy

Smash Lord
Linkshot is a member of the broom for minus, that's probably why he's posting. For the rules and such.
Not sure why you guys need a reason for him to post, though :/

Uhm I'm not going either, but I'd like to know the stream information. Does the venue have wifi + access to stream friendly computers? If so, if i gave you the equipment, could you stream the minus tournament?
Were you going to mail it to me? I'm curious what you were going to send to me s well.

Thank you anyway, but I already have a capture device (I've been streaming Minus 2.0 if you've been checking my stream) and I recently ordered some new AV equipment to ensure that a live stream can be set up at the tournament to stream Brawl and Brawl Minus without causing any issues.. I plan to stream Brawl Minus at the tournament. It will likely be late at night though.

darkoblivion12

Smash Lord
ill be in georgia on the 26th

this is my only chance to go to rochester area for a long long time maybe ever that's why im posting about it. im serious
well, you could certainly come. it may attract more people this way. I'll discuss the entry fee with KID and slashy later. also why would this be your only chance of getting to upstate?

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
not gonna happen.

not because I actively dont like brawl minus enough to do something like that (although I dont) but simply because we dont have the means. Although I think slashy can play brawl minus off of his laptop and in that case he might be able to do something with that but thats something you can take up with him personally since he'l be the only one with the drive and the equipment to do something like that.

you dont see people in the melee or brawl back rooms showing up in random tourney threads that they arent going to, I dont see why the hack games BRs shouldnt be the same.

@ m2k.
I mean if you really wanna come, we might be able to do something with the entry fee thing, but in all honesty I dont believe that you would come out in the positive regardless of what we do simply because of the attendance numbers that Im expecting.
Streaming is easy as hail.
Also, everyone posts in tourney threads they aren't going to... not just broom members of anything. Not sure why it matters when minus broom does it, doesn't hurt anything.

Were you going to mail it to me? I'm curious what you were going to send to me s well.

Thank you anyway, but I already have a capture device (I've been streaming Minus 2.0 if you've been checking my stream) and I recently ordered some new AV equipment to ensure that a live stream can be set up at the tournament to stream Brawl and Brawl Minus without causing any issues.. I plan to stream Brawl Minus at the tournament. It will likely be late at night though.
Yeah, i was.
Essentially capture card(s), mic(s) and splitters(so there would be no need to play minus on a laptop like previously stated) And sweet! I can't wait. Is the minus tournament going to be with the backroom build? Or 1.6? Please say broom build :(

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Need to figure out the easiest way to make it to this. Need to finish all my ish for next week today and tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom