• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pound V Preparation

Status
Not open for further replies.

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace
Ya know M2K, some people can't afford a high entrance fee. Why not play for a bit of fun instead of just for the money. If you show up, your gonna win anyway and get SOME money. Which is better than no money, which is what I'm guaranteed if I show up. If you are so concerned about the money than don't show. Honestly I couldn't care less. To me, you're just one more person to lose to. Actually forget this whole post, I'm only leaving it up to show how disgusted I'm beginning to get with competitive smash. I mean, I understand that going out of your way to come to this you would want to come out in the positive, but, why the heck would you even post on the thread, and say that if the TO doesn't raise the entry fees you won't show. You're not even from our region. I realize that you're the best player in the nation, but that STILL doesn't give you the right to think that you are important enough that people will raise fees cause you are showing. If you guys raise the fee, despite the fact that I most likely won't be coming (I mean, I have one night left to find a ride) I will lose a lot of respect for you guys. Just cause he's the best player in the nation, doesn't mean we should cater to his needs instead of those of players in our region. End of rant.

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace
I do want to apologize for my rant, I just lost my temper. I understand that people aren't exactly nice to you m2k. sorry

darkoblivion12

Smash Lord
Attention players

I am no longer showing up to this event. Most likely this event is canceled, waiting for slashy's final call.

Slashy

Smash Lord
NOT CANCELLED

After talking with Goggles and realizing how rude it would be to cancel a tournament this late, I decided that it would be best to just run it and have it end early if there is a lack of interest. Goggles or I will run Melee if Pyro chooses not to show u-p

darkoblivion12

Smash Lord
Attention Duelists

I'm still probably not showing up. This tournament isn't going to be more than a small smashfest. It's really unfortunate, but good luck for those of you that do show up.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Dahrem- I wanna say a few things.

The first and most important is that you have no idea what's going on through m2k's head. You don't know what he's been through or what he's experienced that makes him post like this.

You've been playing competitive smash for maybe 1% of the overall time m2k has. The game is just an enjoyable hobby for you. But to someone else who has dedicated their LIFE to it, it's easy to see why they would expect more than just fun. Especially for a ridiculously long car ride/expensive plane ticket.

Second off, if YOU love Smash so much then why don't you see it like I do? I would gladly donate 50 dollars to the pot as an incentive for such an extremely skilled player to come play with us. I respect good players that are willing to go out of their way to play with my region, when there's no real incentive.

-The entry fee is low, so they won't be profiting
-Our region is pretty bad compared to everyone else, so if he's coming here for competition/practice, that's just dumb considering he could go many other places
-He has no friends here besides me and any others that might be friends with him that i don't know, but i'm guessing there's not many...so why not stay and play in his own region or one with friends?

Like, is it too much to ask to raise the entry fee?

That's the way I look at it dahrem. I think you also may have misinterpreted his intentions

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero

So in this case, is it too much to ask to raise the entry fee? From what I can see, yea, it is.

I have further comments on this situation but I will post them in the general NYS thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom