• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Evolution of Life II 2/5/2011

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Evolution of Life II, 2/5/2011

SSBB Doubles(9 entrants)

1)Akashi+Meneil- :marth::metaknight::snake: + :ike: (25$ + 25$)
2)Ook+Oro?!- :dk2: + :zerosuitsamus::marth: (12.5$ + 12.5$)
3)Norm+Vare- :snake: + :sonic: (5$ + 5$)
4)DLA+Kirk- :ganondorf::metaknight: + :ike::olimar:
5)Zwarm+Arty+Xyless- :rob::dedede: + :metaknight::falco::gw: + :peach:
5)TWSS+Kappy- :gw: + :kirby2:
7)RedRyu+SpongeJordan- :lucario: + :lucas::metaknight:
7)Creep+Lallaar- :lucario: + :marth:
9)Cory+Jacob- ???

SSBB Singles(28 entrants)

1)Kain :wolf: (150$)
2)Sago :metaknight::samus2: (75$)
3)Arty :falco::metaknight::gw::popo: (25$)
4)Kirk :ike::bowser2::olimar:
5)Akashi :marth::snake:
5)Ook :dk2::falcon:
7)Oro?! :zerosuitsamus::marth:
7)DLA :ganondorf::metaknight::pikachu2:
9)Kappy :kirby2:
9)Corms :zelda:
9)Meneil :ike:
9)Creep :lucario:
13)Norm :lucario::rob:
13)Chompy :diddy::pit:
13)JJ Rockets :diddy:
13)King :pikachu2:
17)Red Ryu :lucario:
17)SlashX17 :fox:
17)Vare :sonic::link2:
17)SpongeJordan :lucas::metaknight:
17)Zwarm :rob::peach:
17)Cory :marth:
17)Sothe :sonic:
17)Lallaar :marth:
25)TWSS :gw:
25)Xyless :pt:
25)Umashi :toonlink::link2:
25)Jacob ???

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Kirk used Olimar on Kappy and beat him 2-0.
Kirk used Olimar game 2 on Ook's CP to beat Ook 2-0.
Not sure if he used Oli to advance any other times.
He lost to Arty in Falco/Oli.

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
Kirk used Olimar on Kappy and beat him 2-0.
Kirk used Olimar game 2 on Ook's CP to beat Ook 2-0.
Not sure if he used Oli to advance any other times.
He lost to Arty in Falco/Oli.
I seeee.

Most interesting. o:

Kirk

Smash Champion
Bowser against Vare first round 2-0.
Ike against King second round 2-0.
Olimar against Kappy third round 2-0.
Bowser/Wolf against Kain fourth round 0-2...never playing Wolf against Kain ever again lol.
Ike/Olimar against Ook 2-0...lolgreengreens.
Olimar/Ike against Arty 0-2.

Methinks. Fun tourney! Shoutouts later...

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
Here are some things to fix

Arty- :falco:/:metaknight:/:gw:/:popo:
Norm- :rob:/:lucario:
Chompy- :diddy:/:pit:
JJRockets- :popo:/:diddy:
Vare- :sonic:/:link2:
SpongeJordan (Jordan)- :lucas:

I'll do shoutouts later.

The turnout we had yesterday was better than I expected.

*SIGHS* I need to bring my glasses to the tournament when I'm playing on those small 8 in. TV's

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I think I need to relearn how I play, I didn't like how I placed and played in bracket. No johns though I did have fun, and I should bring more singles and trivia questions, that I did enjoy.

Shoutout list to people later.

Akashi

Smash Lord
dubs for me should be marth, snake, and then mk. I used mk once in gfs, and snake in a lot of sets. Also, i didn't use mk in singles, but i used snake once so he's legit. I'll post shout outs later!

Zwarm

Smash Hero
:peach:/:rob:, please. I used them both 2 games, but I used Peach first. :3

Random seeding makes me rage like Norm status.

Also, Ashley used :toonlink:/:link2:, not just TL.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Kain...is amazing... Great Job!!! Keep it up pimp

Good stuff...Arty...very consistent...wait, METAKNIGHT!!!? *tsk tsk*

Sago

Smash Lord
1)Kain - 4 sets in 7 days...im just starting to realise how good you are. great games

2)Sago -goods hit steping it up latley...get better at the kirby ditto.

3)Arty - good sets arthur. you seemed alittle off.

4)Kirk -nice hair cut. come get me next time your playing bowser...im still a total kirk fanboy

5)Akashi -good stuff against dla. i wish i could have recorded it. your laugh is priceless

6)Ook - SHOW UP MORE OFTEN. your illinois secrete weapon. I main mk and im still afraid of you. ZSdittos on RF, where were they??????

7)Oro?! -for a melee player you do offly well in brawl.......such a brawl player

7)DLA - i think you learned your lesson against arty. Never fall into those outergames mindgames. Come play smash with me some time

9)Kappy -you gave me the dreamland genitle slap. that is the last time i trip into your grounded hammer at 65%

9)Corms -YOUR SO GOOD!!! corms show up more often. your zelda is always a treat to watch and play.

9)Meneil - You have me so scarred after first game. That ike is getting toooooooo nasty.

9)Creep - 9th?? lol who?

13)Norm -your lucario looks pretty bad ***. Just a few minor details and ill see you in the winners circle

13)Chompy -Fun matchs man, your diddy is still very good. Nice getting to meet you, why was the tourney so rushed and why did you leave early?

13)JJ Rockets -JUNGLE JIM(GYM?) what happened!!!! you were a shoe in for first place. so well dressed to

13)King -I watched a few of your matchs. it seems like you have all this skill, your just not sure what to do with it yet.

17)Red Ryu -MM next tme alright. Im glad you and jordan make it out to so many events. WI pride

17)SlashX17 - nice meeting you to an extent. Didnt really get to talk or play :( seemed cool..and knew ryzen

17)Vare - VARE DOIN WORK IN TEAMS!!!!! I told you, your a legend man.

17)Jordan - I know your better then you place, hope you guys can stop by anime milwaukee and play a few with me.

17)Zwarm -Zwarm you let me down!!!! i had you and Jungle Gym in the finals in my predictions.

17)Cory -?

17)Sothe -LoL be kappy.

17)Lallaar -?

25)TWSS -good to see you again. Thanks for the words of encouragement on my shuffling vids. Im glad you liked them.

25)Xyless -that shirt was real fresh real clean. Everyone knows your the #1 peach.

25)Umashi - Thanks for being my static outside partner. Sorry we didnt get to play more. Those were fun.

25)Cory ???

Fun tourney. Ill have some of the vids up soon. I have
Kirk v Kappy
Norm v Corms
Kirk v Arty
Sago v Arty (winners semi / Loser finals)
Sago v Kain (winners finals/Grand Finals)
Wish i could have got more of ook/dla/askashi :(

Akashi

Smash Lord
That reminds me - Sponge, we played on your Wii when we did dubs GFs. Unfortunately there was no replay hack, so we only got a few matches recorded. Can you upload those when you get the chance?

edit: shout-outs when I get home from work! xD

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
That reminds me - Sponge, we played on your Wii when we did dubs GFs. Unfortunately there was no replay hack, so we only got a few matches recorded. Can you upload those when you get the chance?

edit: shout-outs when I get home from work! xD
Definitely. For some reason, the game was ****ing up every time I loaded it with homebrew, so I gotta get my disc resurfaced or something. Boo =[

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
1)Kain - good job on 1st, our MM was fun... freaking quadriple shine.. i could have lived too if i had gone to the moving platform to the right lol.
2)Sago your mk is so on, you get so close to beating kain too.. accept that you are illinois now! ;3
3)Arty i have to agree your falco does seem a little off lately.
4)Kirk you're back to starting to place high. i think you might start placing top 3 once you develop your chars even more.
5)Akashi i still think your snake is better than your math.. good sets in doubles i thought i could have gotten our 2nd set to game 5 but i still don't get how vare died so soon i was ****** that game! >_<
6)Ook good to see you back! and you're still so good. you guys ***** my snake in doubles ;-;
7)Oro?! kyle! thanks for the ride. also your marth has gotten really good... your zss is right behind it too.
7)DLA didn't get to play you at all at this tournament but i look forward to another rematch.
9)Kappy our money match was too good. i'll get you next time. ;3
9)Corms your zelda is so scary! i'll learn the zelda match up better for next time i have to face you. :I
9)Meneil gah your play style annoys me so much! i get too impatient against you.. i was doing alright until i just got too frustrated.. i need to keep my cool when playing you x_x
9)Creep um... good doubles matches i guess.. the laggy tvs really sucks :I
13)Norm rawr do better next time.
13)Chompy good seeing you again but why did you guys have to leave early?
13)JJ Rockets you were dressed so nicely! i thought you were going to do better than 13th.. you need to come to more tournaments!
13)King didn't really get to talk to you this time.
17)Red Ryu why does everyone hate lucario!? :<
17)SlashX17 nice friendly. been so long since i last saw you.
17)Vare nice teaming with you.. just sucks you had to play kirk first. also remember kirk did place 4th so its not like you just lost to any old bowser lol
17)Jordan looks like your lucas got better, though you always seem to choke. :<
17)Zwarm i enjoyed the rob dittos, thanks for playing them even though i know you hate them. also sorry that jared distracted you... i know how annoying he can be.
17)Cory who?...
17)Sothe i think if you pick up marth you'll do better... sonic is so bad. lol
17)Lallaar fun matches in doubles even though the tv was super laggy.
25)TWSS didn't get to play you but i think you should have beaten chompy. ;/ oh well better luck next time.
25)Xyless good matches.. sorry i ***** your pkm trainer so hard.... ;x
25)Umashi nice seeing you again, always fun to talk to you.
25)Cory good games in doubles even though it was on the wifi tv. ;I

Oro?!

Smash Hero
1)Kain :wolf: - Play me in friendlies next time. I need tips. That or take me up on that Hyperbolic Time Chamber offer. ;) Goods hit winning as usual.
2)Sago :metaknight::samus2: -A major threat at everything since you moved to IL. You got that 2-3 spot on lock no matter who shows up it seems. You also seem to do unreasonably well in Melee for a Brawl player.... Melee player :p
3)Arty :falco::metaknight::gw::popo: - You did seem off in your games against Sago. You know what you need to do.
4)Kirk :ike::bowser2::olimar: - The return of Kirk.
5)Akashi :marth::snake: -Nice placing and gj beating Ook but I disapprove of having game 3 of the placing set being on rumble falls. :) I had tons of fun in our 10 games of doubles though. We kept going back and forth.
6)Ook :dk2::falcon: - Fun teaming with you, nice job soundly beating me and getting 5th. You trucked through losers so nice job.
7)Oro?! :zerosuitsamus::marth: - I feel good about how well I did for once.
7)DLA :ganondorf::metaknight::pikachu2: - <3 Don't take Arty to FD next time lol.
9)Kappy :kirby2: -Be Kappy, LOL! What a stacked bracket you had and you still managed 9th. Nice job.
9)Corms :zelda: -Your Zelda is so fun to play against and watch. I think if you picked up a secondary for some of her worse matchups you could place higher than this consistently. :)
9)Meneil :ike: - Fun doubles matches. You always do very well against really good players with Ike. Sago was scurred after game 1. :)
9)Creep :lucario: - Do you have a smashboards account?
13)Norm :lucario::rob: - Your Lucario is getting there and I love that you found a character you have fun with again. Just need some more tricksies. :)
13)Chompy :diddy::pit: - You had a really tough bracket. :( Thanks for hosting this. I am sure everyone had a good time and would show up if you hosted another one soon. Maybe we can start getting as many people at these things as the original Cyber Arena series!
13)JJ Rockets :diddy: - Don't underestimate me anymore. ;) Crazy fun set. You are like the only Diddy that I don't get really frustrated against. You know when to be aggressive and when to stay back and you make crazy smart banana decisions. Just don't trade a banana for a tippered nair next time and you will win. :) I would love another set with you next time.
13)King :pikachu2: - You lost to Kirk and Ook. This is a pretty respectable placing for the hard bracket. Your silver controller is magical though. Now that it is broken in, you are going to start destroying in Melee/Brawl!
17)Red Ryu :lucario: - You will get 'em next time. You started playing so different game 2 of our set and I think that type of play carried on with you the rest of the tourney. You know you have what it takes to do better, and you know what you need to work on. I am down for a revenge MM whenever you are. :)
17)SlashX17 :fox: -Didn't really get to talk to you or play you. Glad to see you still come out though.
17)Vare :sonic::link2: -You shouldn't just go on autopilot like you said you do at tourneys. Being able to adapt is a huge factor in a tournament set.
17)SpongeJordan :lucas::metaknight: - Fun MMs. I am glad you don't hate Marth and rage about him. The fact that you are willing to deal with it shows room for improvement there. Same goes to you about the revenge MMs too. If you are feeling frisky, come at me bro!
17)Zwarm :rob::peach: -Don't you always play DLA and Norm? Not even random seeding could save you. :( You seemed really off at this though.
17)Cory :marth: - Who?
17)Sothe :sonic: - Soon that Sonic will be a different character. Sonic sucks!
17)Lallaar :marth: - Creep's friend?
25)TWSS :gw: -You might've had the toughest 2 matches in a row. Sago and then a diddy who is always a threat. :( The year of the TWSS will happen!
25)Xyless :pt: - Tourney 1 for pt is out of the way. No more jitters or excuses, just ****.
25)Umashi :toonlink::link2: - I will help you out with Marth. Hearing you lose to 2 other Marth's makes me sad face. Fun seeing you as always though Ash.
25)Cory ???- ???

See you all at MAS.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Kyle - Nah, I don't think I've ever played Norm in singles, and I haven't played DLA since Play n Trade, so at least I faced different people this time. I did feel really off all day though. I don't know what it is about me when it comes to the days of tournaments, I always feel off. :/

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Ripple I updated the OP with what I remember to be the correct payouts. They are close enough to the ral payouts even if I am slightly off.

Zwarm- Wear headphones and get sleep the night before and eat a good breakfast and stuff.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I was wearing headphones, they didn't help much this time around. I probably didn't get enough sleep, and McDonald's was my breakfast at like, 1PM, so yeah, I should probably eat something not horrible before next time. :p

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Chompy - please please please please please please PLEASE

don't do random seeding next time. Ask us for seeding help, we'll be glad to help you.

If it's random seeding, we get matches like me vs. Arty, and Kappy vs JJRockets/Ook really early on. Then the losers of those matches go on a rampage and crush the entire losers bracket, and make people place a lot lower than they would have in a properly seeded bracket. Random seeding is really really stupid.

fun tournament though, shoutouts later.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Chompy - please please please please please please PLEASE

don't do random seeding next time. Ask us for seeding help, we'll be glad to help you.

If it's random seeding, we get matches like me vs. Arty, and Kappy vs JJRockets/Ook really early on. Then the losers of those matches go on a rampage and crush the entire losers bracket, and make people place a lot lower than they would have in a properly seeded bracket. Random seeding is really really stupid.

fun tournament though, shoutouts later.
Really the only "wrong" placing I see is Creep getting 9th. If like 3 people were moved, then a couple 25/17 people wouldve moved up a spot and creep probably wouldve gotten a 25/17 spot.

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
Replays I have available because DLA is a jerk and hasn't sent me the ones I want -
Akashi (Snake) & Meneil (Ike) vs Ook (Donkey Kong) & Oro (Marth) on Green Greens
Akashi (Marth) & Meneil (Ike) vs Ook (Donkey Kong) & Oro (Marth) on Battlefield
Sago (Kirby) vs Kappy (Kirby) on Green Greens
Lucario (????) vs Marth (????) on Pokemon Stadium 1
Lucario (????) vs Marth (????) on Battlefield
Lucario (????) vs Marth (????) on Yoshi's Island

Veggie123

Smash Journeyman
:c

1)Kain (150$) - gj getting first kain. your wolf is as sharp as ever. keep it up, yo! :cool:
2)Sago (75$) - thanks for the kind words sago! you always inspire me to do better :bee:
3)Arty (25$) - you never did do your self-impression. let's not get robbed next time :mad:
4)Kirk - stop playing so many characters. it confuses me! snazzy haircut btw :reverse:
5)Akashi - kash kash!! fun car/metra/bus ride lol! it was fun hanging out again :oneeye:
6)Ook - omg ook, it has BEEN so long. i'm glad you were able to make it out, best DK :p
7)Oro?! - oro! i was very impressed with your marth and how quick you were able to break down my approach options :urg:
7)DLA - hello DLA. you're very expressive while playing brawl :upsidedown:
9)Kappy - very good stuff kaps. your determination to improve will only you help in the end! :cyclops:
9)Corms - hey corms, i didn't talk to you much this tourney but it was good seeing you.
9)Meneil - mel! good stuff in doubles with tano and that first game with sago. and fun doubles friendlies at twss', team 12 ftw! :skull:
9)Creep - creep! gj getting 9th, keep it up and let no one bring ya down :coolmonke
13)Norm - norm! i didn't know you picked up lucario. i had fun playing you as always :starman:
13)Chompy - fun tourney chompy, it was nice being at cyber arena again. :roll:
13)JJ Rockets - hey jj, i enjoyed our friendlies a lot. i hope that interview went well :surprised:
13)King - i've heard about you, but i didn't get a chance to talk unfortunately
17)Red Ryu - nice seeing you again, lucario is in melee.
17)SlashX17 - nice seeing you again, nice TOing
17)Vare - i enjoyed our one friendly. nice meeting you, and that's a nasty sonic.
17)SpongeJordan - fun MM sponge! your lucas is definitely good stuff. big improvement from the ganon days!
17)Zwarm - hi zwarm. i enjoyed the one game we played. but your peach is definitely a lot better when i first played it fo sho.
17)Cory - hey cory, nice seeing you again. let's hang again sometime!!!
17)Sothe - sothe! i'm glad you're playing brawl again! i hope you enjoyed your super hat.
17)Lallaar - dude lallaar, you're like my idol.
25)TWSS - TWSSSSS! thanks so much for being able to drive us to the tourney on short notice. the car ride was super fun, and give EoL another chance!
25)Xyless - GENGAR TANGELA GOLDEEN SPEAROW WEEZING SEEL GYARADOS SLOWBROOOO
25)Umashi - hey usmashi nice seeing you as always, TL is good stuff :D
25)Cory ??? - cory??? omg you being here made my day. come to more stuff.

i had a ton of fun guys. i really missed going to tournies and all. i kinda have to thank the blizzard too or else i'd probably wouldn't have been able to go lol. i won't go to events consistently in the future cause school is keeping me super busy but i will definitely attend when i can.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Really the only "wrong" placing I see is Creep getting 9th. If like 3 people were moved, then a couple 25/17 people wouldve moved up a spot and creep probably wouldve gotten a 25/17 spot.
Well honestly, for a randomly seeded bracket, it could have turned out a lot worse. Considering who got the byes (Kain, Akashi, Ook, and Arty), I'm pretty sure the bracket wasn't entirely random. If I had to guess, I'd say that Chompy did a bit of seeding himself, or with a little help. Either way, the seeding was still pretty atrocious.

Just ask us for help next time dawg. And if someone did help, never ask that person again lol.

Still too lazy for shoutouts, I'll prolly do it tomorrow.

Top Bottom