• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mizzou Competitive Gaming presents The Missouri Gaming Championships

TuGodly

Smash Rookie
Mizzou Competitive Gaming presents The Missouri Gaming Championship
April 16, 2011 – University of Missouri-Columbia Student Center.

Official Tournaments
Super Smash Brothers Melee 1v1 and 2v2
Halo: Reach 2v2 (MLG rules)
Marvel vs Capcom 3
Starcraft II

Rules:
- Items: Off
- 4 stock, 8-minute timer
- Best out of 3, with semi-finals and finals best out of 5
-Advanced Slob Picks (after each game of a set):
1. Loser picks stage or can randomly select a stage
2. Winner picks character
3. Loser picks character
-Double-blind picks may be called at any time.
-Dave's Stupid Rule: You may not pick the last stage where you won in the same set.
-Iggy's Stupid Rule: You may not pause the match yourself. If you absolutely need to pause, it must be done so at the consent of your opponent.
- Stage Knock-outs: Each person knocks out one stage for the entire match (i.e., the entire best 2-out-of-3 or best 3-out-of-5). This stage must be selected at the beginning of the match, after initial characters have been chosen.
-Team Attack: On
-Life-Stealing: Allowed

1. Singles Neutral:
- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Dreamland 64
- Pokémon Stadium
- Fountain of Dreams
- Yoshi's Story
2. Doubles Neutral:
- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Dreamland 64
- Pokémon Stadium
- Yoshi's Story
3. Singles Counterpick:
- All singles random stages
- Brinstar
- Rainbow Cruise
4. Doubles Counterpick:
- All doubles random stages
- Brinstar
- Rainbow Cruise

Other Rules & Special Issues:
- Controller mods of any kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc.) are prohibited
- Stupid Fastliketree Rule: Throwing round-robin matches may be grounds for disqualification.
- Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are prohibited.
- No stalling or otherwise preventing completion of a game or match
- Wobbling is BANNED

Tournament registration is being handled the morning of each tournament day at the event, and online anytime from March 24, 2011 – April 15, 2011.

YOU ARE ENCOURAGED TO REGISTER ONLINE USING THE LINK GIVEN BELOW. DAY OF REGISTRATION WILL BE CONSIDERABLY MORE EXPENSIVE

Max 64 players/teams per event

More info: http://competitivegaming.students.missouri.edu/

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=172092942840850

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
There's a local tournament the same day as this, but I'm going to try to get the organizer to change the date so our Springfield, MO crew can make it to this.

EDIT: Also, there is no info in the description about entry fees, venue fees, prizes, or the need for set ups. Can we get some info on that?

Jace08

Smash Lord
hmmm leviathan, bert, or sinister is this your doing? It all looks pretty legit

I bet our crew would be down

>Bert<

Smash Ace
Event fee

All tournaments have an entry fee of $10 per person. The entry fees will be collected and distributed amongst the top 3-5 places of each respective tournament. Percentages of prize giveaway and places receiving prize money will be determined based upon the number of entrants in each tournament.
What is the Cost?
The Missouri Gaming Championships will have a venue fee of $10.00. A paid venue fee makes you eligible to compete in tournaments, qualifies you for the event’s giveaways and prizes, and enables you to utilize the event setups for casual gaming when available. Without a paid venue fee you will not be able enter in any official tournaments or qualify for any giveaways or prizes.
Can I save on my venue fee?
You can save on your venue fee by bringing a full setup for the games you want to play. If you bring a full set up that we can use for a tournament and that attendees can play casuals on your venue fee will be waived.
A full set includes ALL of the following:
• TV (tournament quality, 20″ or higher CRT or known to be “lagless” LCD TV for Halo and MvC3, or a standard lagless tv for SSBM)
• System (PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, or Gamecube)
• Games (At least one tournament title must be brought)
• All characters MUST be unlocked for any tournament titles
More than likely, the OoR people that don't know how to get to the venue, you all can either meet up at my house, and/or Sam's place (I will have to check with him) and hitch a ride with us. The venue is located on the Mizzou campus, so it might be harder for some ppl to find it.

-Sinister-

Smash Ace
More than likely, the OoR people that don't know how to get to the venue, you all can either meet up at my house, and/or Sam's place (I will have to check with him) and hitch a ride with us. The venue is located on the Mizzou campus, so it might be harder for some ppl to find it.
or we could...give them directions? lol

TuGodly

Smash Rookie
UPDATE:

1 - We will now be hosting a 1v1 FIFA tournament for the xbox 360.

2) Registration for all events opens March 24, 2011 at 6:00 PM

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Springfield, 99% confirmed to go. It'll most likely be me, Ziv, Drewbear, BOP, and a friend who is currently learning. Also, we have the possibility of our Peach player (Tempest) attending as well.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Yeah and we need to all create some massive hype for this. LinkMO says the venue is amaing so lets hype this thing like crazy. Everyone start posting in here every time you check it.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
OMG MAD HYPPPPEEE!

Lol jk. If they were doing Brood War I would be tempted to join...

However Brood War is like crack to me and could possibly ruin my life if I started playing again.

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
brood war is amazing for sure

sometimes i wish SC2 was just broodwar with updated graphics... but its a hell of a lot better than melee->brawl

>Bert<

Smash Ace
Went to STL tournament this weekend and its sounding as if they're all coming, so hopefully that's the case. And if I'm not mistaken Jace is bringin some (hopefully all) of the KC guys. And Springfield will be here. Been seeing some Illinois ppl pop in from time to time. Rolla will be here (unsure of how many). Looking better and better each time I look in.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Ooooo I gotta find a results thread for that one.

I spoke with Jace last night and yes he is bringing a car full of KC smashers...just not sure who yet. Possibly Arc if he can get the day off work.

>Bert<

Smash Ace
KC should bring a bus. They're so many of them lol. Definitely awesome though that he's bringin a car load.

>Bert<

Smash Ace
Registration is now open. All fees will be paid at the door instead of the original way it was going to be done.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Springfield is sending a team of five players to this. Check out who's going in the Springfield topic.

We'll be preregistering tomorrow night. I've talked to KC and Jace says he's probably going.

I talked to Atma and he MIGHT go.

I talked to Columbia and I'm pretty sure one or two of them will show up.

Top Bottom