• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco Matchup #4: Jigglypuff

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Match-Up Thread #4:
Jigglypuff

60-40% Falco's advantage

Seeing as how DR3W is busy and stuff and I been having free time and such, I will do the Jigglypuff MU thread If he doesn't mind.

In this thread, post any information you have regarding the matchup against Jigglypuff.

Keep these in mind when posting:
- What do we have against him/her remember it's a Pokemon?
- What to watch out for?
- Certain do's & don'ts
- Any additional information or data necessary.

Now let's begin.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
run away how the **** is puff gonna catch you? Her ground speed sucks **** so she has to be in the air, iap back and forth.

Puff dies around 90% from a fresh up smash I think.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Just double jab.

When you camp, just be smart about it because she has a bunch of stuff that's randomly good against side b (nair, pound). Not too hard though.

Don't get off the edge against her, she's decent at gimping

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Jigglypuff is totally shut down by smart usage of Jabs and lasers. Just don't do jab cancels on her, she will rest you out of it.

Linkvader

Smash Journeyman
Lasers whenever possible. Jabbing goes through a lot, Usmash kills her at pretty low percents.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
I'm still deciding whether or not that this is a 50/50 or slightly in falco's favor.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=297806
I'm going to be taking alot of information from my MU thread for this explanation.

So, the kill percents:

1. Bair will kill from center stage of Final D at 135% without DI. It will kill offstage (while you are recovering) at 100%.

2. Fsmash will kill at 100% from center stage.

3. Usmash/Dacus will kill at 95%.

4. Utilt kills around the same time as Usmash.

Moves to kill with:

1. Utilt kills at 125%

2. From center final D, Fair kills at 113%

3. Rest will kill at 72%

4. Fsmash will kill at 100%

5. Usmash will kill at 104%

6. Rolllout will kill at 75%

7. Fair kills around 110%.

8. Gimps... 0.

These percents are without DI. So tack on like, 5-10% for both to include DI.Your lasers don't affect us too much, the only time we should really be hit by them is when we are recovering. We can easily, duck, or go above them. Now, the really tough thing for us in this MU is your jab. it pretty much ***** us. Use jab alot and you can beat puff. All of your aerials are beaten by ours. And your recovery is beaten by us too.

If youre camping at one side of the stage, it's not hard for us to get over to you, and when we do, if you try to phantasm we can hit you out of it. All of your attacks on shield can be punished by Dair or Fair. Dair is really good in this MU, for us. We can combo into Grab, Utilt, Rest, another Dair. I forgot to add it in the list above, but out DA is a great kill move as well. It's fast and unsuspected.

The whole game falco is going to be spending camping with lasers and if you get close either phantasm or jab. If he phantasms, nair is the fastest thing to Kanye him with. If he jabs, you'll just have to bait it and go through with a pound or a dair from above. At low percents, falcos will:

Grab - Dthrow - Attempted regrab but we can get out after the 2nd one. we CAN rest you, so be careful on your regrab.
Grab Dthrow to Dair to tech chase grab works.
Grab Dthrow to PG works, if we airdodge the regrab instead of jumping.

Your lack of kill potential combined with our kill potential, and gimping abilities makes this a hard and annoying match for both of us. You can out prioritize us on the ground, but we can out prioritize you in the air. Your jab beats us, and our approach is REALLY hard to do. We CAN duck the lasers, but it really only makes the approach harder for us. We'll just have to figure when to jump/jump OOS and then prepare for the phantasm that always happens.

The good thing is falco can't kill if we're shielding. Predict a DACUS? Shield and Fair. Fsmash, fair. Dair and Fair eat airdodges whole. So be careful.

I'm not really sure what else to say. This is what i have to say from Puff's side of the MU. Uair is a good surprise on us?
What else would you like to know?

swordsaint

Smash Master
sorry mink i think your opinion is incredibly wrong on this matchup, the very fact you said 'we out prioritize you in the air' makes it hard to take anything else seriously

aerials do not have priority unless they are clashing with grounded moves.

MARLX

Smash Journeyman
+ jiggly puff dies at 80%-90%
+ All falco's moves go through jiggly puffs.
+ The only thing that jiggly puff can do to falco is grab the edge out of our recovery.
+ Jiggly puff deffinetly has killing problems falco doesn't.
X= any way who the hell would use jiggly puff over falco?

ItoI6

Smash Journeyman
I dunno mink those percents seem kinda wrong especially the part about utilt killing at the same time as usmash. The hardest part is that you cant approach on the ground, and you have to jump pretty high to avoid lasers but if you do that he can phantasm safely under you to the other side of the stage and jigglypuff fastfalls so slow she cant catch him. If he phantams when your on the ground its pretty easy to stop him just nair him out of it and follow up with a grab. Or if hes above about 70 stop it with dair and rest him. The fact that he cant chaingrab doesnt really matter because he gets like 30% combos out of a grab with dair and nair. To beat him you really just have to camp platforms and get lucky lol.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I can't see this as 50-50. The best ratio for this MU that I can see mostly is 60-40 hell even 55-45 but that's just me.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Utilt DOES kill at the same percent as usmash Ito.

And you can take it on what it is.
I gave my two cents. Everything i gave you is fact. Falco DOES have a hard time killing. Usmash, Fsmash, Bair.... LOL at dmash.
Am i forgetting something?

More often then not you're forced to use Ftilt to kill us LOL

ItoI6

Smash Journeyman
Wait...im confused isnt the first list you have of falcos kill moves and the second one of jigglypuffs kill moves? Because falcos utilt doesnt kill till like 170. But that wouldnt make sense either since you list some of the same moves twice lol.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Falco's utilt will kill us around the same percent as usmash will. I'll get FGCU Viper in here, because he plays the MU with me often, and Utilt is a vital kill move against us.

Sorry i didn't see the rest of your writing. It must have been edited.
If Falco is going to phantasm on the ground to follow a laser, Dair will never work. IT simply doesn't come out fast enough, and if falco is airborn when you hit him with dair, it would be incredibly if you hit rest, if not post impossible.

Platform camping isn't what you want to do in this MU. His nair is really good against platform camping us.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Not trolling.

Lol, sorry for some reason i was thinking of puffs utilt when i was typing this.
But if you end up killing a puff before 100%, i'll be mad impressed.
Puff can momentum cancel pretty good with uair, and by the tiime you get around to killing, utilt isn't a bad option. You're not gonna kill us til around 130%.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
I kill puffs at 50% Mink, puff is incredibly light. ftilt will kill at about 100% if done correctly, fsmash will kill around 60% even with good DI.

Puff cannot gimp Falco, Puff cannot hit through the flames of Falco's up b.

Falco probably won't die until about 160%, puff will most likely have to resort to using up throw in order to kill Falco.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
^^^^ troll post?

Lol.
Pound, Dair, Fair and nair can hit through the flames on falco's recovery.
If any puff is dumb enough to get hit by a fully charged fsmash, then... they're bad.

Just charge rollout :awesome:

Linkvader

Smash Journeyman
Puff is way too light... Falco kills puff easily, and puff only kills early if she can gimp falco when in middle of firebird.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
If we nair Phantasm and falco tried to phantasm afterwards to save himself we get a tipper'd Fair, killing offstage at 60.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
Falco's phantasm beats puff's nair and also kills puff around 70%

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I do not like this matchup. I lost to Dapuffster last hit 3rd game in 2nd round pools at Apex 2010 and almost didn't make it out cause of that. The matchup isn't bad, just annoying. That rollout is a pain in the ***.

Dapuffster will rollout, then jump in the air, rollout, then jump in the air, rollout, then jump in the air......guess what comes next?

Of course he doesn't do this while I'm at 0, but once I'm at 50/60 he goes for it as it can kill that early I believe. Just annoying because I somehow end up having to chase a character with Falco.

ItoI6

Smash Journeyman
Mink idk it actually is kinda hard to gimp falcos firebird lol, you can hit him with pound but it doesnt really help gimp him and fair and nair have to be at a very specific angle i just go above him and dair him 2-3 times then ledgehog. Also phantasm is impossible to gimp unless at high percents because he can phantasm again when he gets hit by nair and the cooldown is so long he gets a frame advantage on hit. You just gotta predict when hell use it and hitem when he recovers.

Even with perfect di fair will kill at about 120, and dash attack at 150 but if he knows there comin theres really nothing else to kill him with without a hard read of rest or fsmash.

@keitaro u know you can just turn around shield and grab him as he passes by right?

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Ito do you have proof of this?
I would like to see some results of you vs a falco, or any matches of you v falco.
Not trying to sound offensive, but i would like to see proof. IF falco is firebirding, just fair it/dair it to knock him out of it, hit him farther away, and thats a gimp.

I am experienced in this MU. I do understand it.
We can kill with utilt out of an AC dair, we can kill witth fair out of any smash he tries to use on our shield, if he is short hopping lasers, it's easy to punish when we're there. We have more killing power than him.

We have the ability to wait and kill.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
It's been a really busy day with mother's day and all. So, sorry for not getting to this.

Thanks Gamegenie.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
+ jiggly puff dies at 80%-90%
+ All falco's moves go through jiggly puffs.
+ The only thing that jiggly puff can do to falco is grab the edge out of our recovery.
+ Jiggly puff deffinetly has killing problems falco doesn't.
X= any way who the hell would use jiggly puff over falco?
I hope no one takes this post seriously when determining the ratio, MARLX obviously has no Jigglypuff experience or knowledge.

I kill puffs at 50% Mink, puff is incredibly light. ftilt will kill at about 100% if done correctly, fsmash will kill around 60% even with good DI.

Puff cannot gimp Falco, Puff cannot hit through the flames of Falco's up b.

Falco probably won't die until about 160%, puff will most likely have to resort to using up throw in order to kill Falco.
Had a response to this... Then I saw this:

Falco's phantasm beats puff's nair
And realized you were trolling.

Puff is way too light... Falco kills puff easily, and puff only kills early if she can gimp falco when in middle of firebird.
This brings up a point: Is this ratio assuming there is a LGL, or not? Cause if there isn't, she doesn't even need to KO Falco outside of gimping.

Puff counters Falco if there is no LGL.

clowsui

Smash Legend
I'm still deciding whether or not that this is a 50/50 or slightly in falco's favor.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=297806
I'm going to be taking alot of information from my MU thread for this explanation.

So, the kill percents:

1. Bair will kill from center stage of Final D at 135% without DI. It will kill offstage (while you are recovering) at 100%.

2. Fsmash will kill at 100% from center stage.

3. Usmash/Dacus will kill at 95%.

4. Utilt kills around the same time as Usmash.

Moves to kill with:

1. Utilt kills at 125%

2. From center final D, Fair kills at 113%

3. Rest will kill at 72%

4. Fsmash will kill at 100%

5. Usmash will kill at 104%

6. Rolllout will kill at 75%

7. Fair kills around 110%.

8. Gimps... 0.

These percents are without DI. So tack on like, 5-10% for both to include DI.
You're ********. I've never had trouble surviving any of Jigglypuff's **** to >120 unless I'm offstage.

Your lasers don't affect us too much, the only time we should really be hit by them is when we are recovering. We can easily, duck, or go above them. Now, the really tough thing for us in this MU is your jab. it pretty much ***** us. Use jab alot and you can beat puff. All of your aerials are beaten by ours. And your recovery is beaten by us too.

Puff crouches, we don't shoot. WOO HOO
Puff jumps above us, we wait until she gets fairly close, we side b. WOO HOO
Jab ***** thank you
LOL @ your aerials beating ours. Your FAir and BAir trade w/ all our aerials, that's about it. Startup for both characters is close iirc
Our recovery can be varied on reaction and Jigglypuff's air mobility is trash. Try again

If youre camping at one side of the stage, it's not hard for us to get over to you, and when we do, if you try to phantasm we can hit you out of it. All of your attacks on shield can be punished by Dair or Fair. Dair is really good in this MU, for us. We can combo into Grab, Utilt, Rest, another Dair. I forgot to add it in the list above, but out DA is a great kill move as well. It's fast and unsuspected.
Phantasm first 1/3rd = invincible. WHATCHA GONNA DO
Uhh what? Falco doesn't have to attack your shield with the aerial to be a threat >_> He has tons of mixups - e.g. autocancelling the aerial just outside your FAir range, power blocking and then usmashing OOS or something. He can also just airdodge through you, land away, etc. So Falco doesn't really have any sort of forced situation here.
How are you going to hit us w/ Dair? Seriously lolz
Yeah good point bout Dash Attack. Then again...tell me how many more kill moves you have LOL! Telegraphed.

The whole game falco is going to be spending camping with lasers and if you get close either phantasm or jab. If he phantasms, nair is the fastest thing to Kanye him with. If he jabs, you'll just have to bait it and go through with a pound or a dair from above.
Nair only beats Falco side b @ outside first 1/3. Not reliable in any case because at that range Falco is fast enough where he can run away again, approach by walk/dash, hold block, etc.
Pound goes through jab but Jab - Straight is really quick and since Puff is floaty she gets caught lolz

At low percents, falcos will:

Grab - Dthrow - Attempted regrab but we can get out after the 2nd one. we CAN rest you, so be careful on your regrab.
Grab Dthrow to Dair to tech chase grab works.
Grab Dthrow to PG works, if we airdodge the regrab instead of jumping.
Your playing buddy doesn't represent all of Falco's potential options from a dthrow at low %s.

Your lack of kill potential combined with our kill potential, and gimping abilities makes this a hard and annoying match for both of us. You can out prioritize us on the ground, but we can out prioritize you in the air. Your jab beats us, and our approach is REALLY hard to do. We CAN duck the lasers, but it really only makes the approach harder for us. We'll just have to figure when to jump/jump OOS and then prepare for the phantasm that always happens.
The first somewhat realistic description of the matchup so far, except it seems like you're being intellectually dishonest about just how much harder it is for Jiggles than Falco. We have way more kill potential than you care to admit, btw...please play more Falcos that aren't Viper before you make that assertion.

The good thing is falco can't kill if we're shielding. Predict a DACUS? Shield and Fair. Fsmash, fair. Dair and Fair eat airdodges whole. So be careful.

I'm not really sure what else to say. This is what i have to say from Puff's side of the MU. Uair is a good surprise on us?
What else would you like to know?
What kind of Falcos are you playing that have these limited kinds of kill setups? LOL

Think about the characters' tools + attributes and come back to this thread when you're ready to actually talk about this matchup. This is a matchup that you have to learn for sure, but once Falco has learned it it's not too hard to keep winning.

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
This matchup sucks lol. I'd say it's 60:40, Falco's favor. The only way I can see Jigglypuff winning is if she somehow gimps up atlow % or rests us at low %. Otherwise, just jab/nair/laser/side b all day. Reflector isn't a bad option in some situations either. Just my 2 cents, but I don't have much experience in this matchup either, to be honest. Just naming obvious stuff that everyone knows already.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Vertically? Pretty sure, lol
Horizontally? Eh. Don't think it's better than Wario/Marth. A little better than MK's. Above average.

Vertical + Horizontal Falco's air mobility is about the same (GREAT vertical, below average horizontal).

Show me data.

Also @Scoot sorry :p The whole ******* thing is in my blood from being an 08 Marther, where you either talked about tools or didn't have the conversation period.

Top Bottom