• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Don't Blink, Don't Care 2 Results - 5/28/11 - Glen Elyn IL

Arty

Smash Lord
Brawl Singles

1. Kain :wolf: ($132)
2. Count :diddy: ($72)
3. Marshall :metaknight: ($24)
4. Arty :falco: / :gw: ($12)
5. Hunger :warioc: / :kirby2:
5. Sago :metaknight:
7. Oro :marth: / :zerosuitsamus: / :wolf:
7. Scythe :metaknight: / :lucario:
9. Ook :dk2:
9. Hadesblade :yoshi2:
9. DLA :metaknight:
9. Grimace :snake:
13. Meneil :ike:
13. Corms :zelda:
13. Vare :sonic:
13. RedRyu :lucario:
17. Norm :fox:
17. Zwarm :peach:
17. Aerox :lucario:
17. Ashley :sonic:
17. EagleEye :ness2:
17. Kualski :lucas:
17. Akashi (Forefeit)
17. Quik (Forefeit)

[collapse=Brawl Singles Bracket]
[/collapse]

Brawl Doubles

1. Kain + Sago ($66)
2. Arty + Count ($33)
3. Marshall + Grimace ($11)
4. Quik + Hunger
5. Norm + Scythe
5. Meneil + Corms
7. Aerox + RedRyu
7. Zwarm + Hadesblade
9. EagleEye + Sam
9. Akashi + DLA
9. Rat + Kels

[collapse=Brawl Doubles Bracket]
[/collapse]

Melee Singles Bracket

1. Kels :fox: / :sheik: ($48)
2. Tink :fox: / :marth: ($24)
3. Rat :samus2: ($8)
4. ORLY :falcon:
5. Sago :sheik:
5. Sveet :fox:
7. Scythe :falco:
7. Dave :sheik:
9. DLA :falcon:
9. Afro :falcon:
9. Hore :sheik:
9. Eric
13. Raid :marth:
13. Zwarm :peach: / :sheik:
13. RedRyu :peach:
13. Norm :sheik:

[collapse=Melee Bracket]
[/collapse]

One Stock Random

1. Kain ($20)
2. Count ($10)
3. RedRyu ($5)
4. Ook
5. Scythe
5. Var
7. Zwarm
7. Hunger
9. Grimace
9. Arty
9. Hadesblade
9. Marshall
13. Aerox
13. EagleEye
13. Norm
13. Scott
17. DLA
17. Sago
17. Raid
17. Oro
17. ORLY

[collapse=One Stock Random Bracket]
[/collapse]

Arty

Smash Lord
Great tournament! Had a lot of fun.

I wanna say a few things.

First off, for the next one we're definitely eliminating from pools. With pools being no elimination at all, a lot of people sandbag. There wee a lot of dumb cases like me and Marhall getting very low seeds which really ****ed up the bracket. Sorry again to you Akashi. :( So next one is probably gonna eliminate to like a 16 man bracket.

Also you guys really need to throw your drinks out when you're done with them. I spent like 20 minutes picking up cans and throwing them out. Stop leaving them laying around!!!

Overall though great tourney. I'll post some shoutouts later. Cool to have some new OOS faces.

Oh and Brackets should be up soon.

Count

Smash Champion
I'm sorry that I didn't help you pick up before I left, Arty. I usually try and do that and completely spaced it this time. I won't be so thoughtless next tournament.

Had a great time at this and met some new people. Thanks for teaming and hosting, Arty. I will post full shoutouts probably tomorrow. So tired right now!

clowsui

Smash Legend
since when did that scrub ever leave his spot at the bottom of the skill ladder? did he suddenly give up liking R2? :reverse:

told yall. count a rapist. booty ****in errbody so watch your poopholes
akashi so low why...
good stuff diego
sam why not top 3/4 :( oh wellz

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Back at the top where you belong Kain.

And what the **** is "One stock random"? If it's random 1 stock matches then I'm surprised Kain won honestly because I didn't know he ever used anyone besides Wolf, Fox, or Falco loooool.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Ashley used :toonlink: in Brawl, and I used :sheik:/:peach: in Melee. Just letting you know. ;)

Seagull, it was random one stock matches. Kain won using Yoshi on New Pork City!

Also why does it say Hades and I got 9th? I checked the results after we got out and it said we got 7th. :I Yeah, and it also said Akashi and DLA were 9th. We lost to Corms+Meneil, and we beat Kels+Rat in winners, and Eagle+Sam in losers, we shouldn't be in 9th.

AND my name isn't Zwam. :mad:

ook

Smash Lord
Yeah I was a little sad that quite a few people weren't taking pools seriously, even after the fuss about the seeding at the cyber arena tourneys.

There shouldn't have to be eliminations to get people to care about pools. It's a $10 entry fee.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Some people still cared though. Look at DLA, ****ing 2-0ed me in pools. Mother****er!! <3

Quik17

Smash Ace
My pool (Me / DLA / Kain / Grimace / Aerox / Kualski) was awesome since there was no sandbagging.

I'll do shoutouts tomorrow although there won't be too many since I was only at the tourney for like 3 hours :(

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Put :wolf: and :zerosuitsamus: by my name because I used them to advance in bracket plz Arty.

In response to the pools things, I don't think we have to or should get rid of them. There are just other problems that you have to address. The 2 stocks are really dumb. Period. If you are going to run pools, run them right. Also, people sandbagging hurts no one but themselves. It can make you play harder opponents earlier in BOTH winners and losers. I mean, I also got the last seed in my pool like Arty/Marshall, but unlike sandbagging, I was just feeling super ****ty until I took all those meds and drank all that tea. If you want to eliminate from pools next event Arty, then we need to work really hard on seeding them, and use the PR for in state player seeding. That's what it is there for other than to show where everyone stood last season.

I really enjoy pools, and think that most newer or not as big of a threat players also really enjoy them. I mean some people don't like getting eliminated from pools (obviously), but I know I would rather have a vast pool experience than going 0-2 in bracket, plus you get a chance of making it into bracket anyways from pools.

Good job getting top8 Oro :)

I will post shoutouts separately so this doesnt get cluster ****ed.

Arty

Smash Lord
I never sandbag in pools/tourney. My pool was weird though. Everyone was going secondaries so I was like **** it im going TL lol. And Barnes, sandbagging doesn't just hurt you but other players who deservingly got high seeds but are ****ed over in brackets having to face top players first/second round.

I wasn't talking about dropping pools though. Pools are really fun and allow people to get a lot of games in.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Shoutouts

Kain- Makin' dat money like old days. Nice stuff, keep it up, and I'mma get you one of these days.

Count- Nice seeing you again. Sorry if I wasn't too enthusiastic in pools. I will give you a better set next time. Very nice placing.

Marshall- Who says you aren't consistent? Keep on ****** big guy. ;)

Arty- Nah I'm not mad about the Melee thing. You aren't THAT bad of a T.O. either. At least you didn't show up 4 hours late to T.O. like I did. I really wanted to play you but Hunger was just too much. :(

Hunger- Your Wario is crazy vs Marth. I felt super comfortable going in because of how well I did/do against Blue Rogue and Quik, but you made me throw out that confidence super quick. I don't care what you say, you aren't bad at this game. You and Arty always used to seem to go back and forth so just kick his *** next time. Nice seeing you again and shoutouts to that amazing Adventure Time shirt you had on.

Sago- Who did you lose to in losers? You seemed to be on point, and that set win vs Count was really entertaining. Nice seeing you like always Sam.

Scythe- How can you go and lose to Sveet, but still place like this in Brawl? Get your priorities straight son! Melee before Brawl.

Ook- Why didn't we talk or play at all at this? We usually do at everything :(

Hadesblade- Of course you play the former Yoshi main in one of Yoshi's worst matchups amirite? ;) Good to see you come out and I hope you had fun. Good stuff beating some good people with Yoshi too, like DLA.

DLA- Stop losing to Yoshis and learn how to beat people who camp. When you figure it out, be sure to tell me too because I suck at it too.

Grimace- You gave me the big **** game 1, and still beat me solidly game 2. I have no clue wtf to do against Snake. :( Nice seeing you like always though.

Meneil- I was really nervous going into our set because of all the practice you get from Akashi. Game 2 you had me really scared until that suicide. You were reading me like a book. GGs regardless.

Corms- The legendary Veggie from New Jersey. I hope you had fun at this and I hope we can run another DBDC before you move back to Jersey. You did a lot of good things for the Brawl community in the last couple years especially with all of the DeBrawlers.

Vare- Good hanging out with you man. That stage spike in 1 stock random was bogus! I totally gimped you but we double hit. :mad: Now I am gonna get trolled forever because I lost to a Ganon with MK.

RedRyu- Thanks for coming out even without Jordan. I know the drive from WI is a lonely one by yourself. Falcon is such a bully in Melee too. :)

Norm- You didn't go SS Normandy aka NOOOOORRRRMMMMM today. I understand that kind of power can't be used sparingly, and even gods need rest, but I still think you should've gone Snake. :wolf: > :fox: btw.

Zwarm- Oh hi. You owe me a blueberry white tea now. :p Mindgames son, you thought that tea was free.

Ashley- Why didn't we talk at this? Haven't seen you in forever. :(

Eagleeye-The difference between pools and that MM were astonishing, wouldn't you say so? ;) My ZSS is ready for you whenever you wanna get at her. She is the real dat ***! Seriously though, close MM. Was a lot of fun and I hope you learned as much as I did.

Akashi- The seeding thing was really dumb. I didn't know what happened because I was gone when Arty or whoever changed it. I hope you were still able to have fun even under those lame bracket circumstances.

Quik- You didn't accomplish any of your goals! I am very disappointed because Hades was still alive and I had to play him. I have faith that you will go 4/4 on those goals next time though. Hopefully you won't have to work and leave halfway through the tourney next time either.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Obviously Arty, but the main cause is the low seeds of good players. If you didn't sandbag and legitimately thought you could win with your TL, then I don't care that you stuck with him.

Extra shoutout to Chi for being stuck in China, being free, and riding dat Count **** 24/7. Love you bro, much homo. ;)

Edit: Add :kirby2: to Scythe, I remember him winning multiple games with him.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I still don't know how the hell I got that far in One Stock Random.

Screw Falcon in Melee, he's a jerk. :mad:

I'll do shoutouts later.

kirbycpok

Smash Journeyman
=[ i wanted to go to this but i couldn't Dx

I'm definitely going to the next one
holy hell, this guys still alive?

pre edit: i will edit shoutouts here after i eat lunch
1. Kain ($132) mk9 too now, ill just have to pick up another game to beat you at.

2. Count ($72) Damned diddy kong, does 2 good against ground mk

3. Marshall ($24) My gawd you suck bawls

4. Arty / ($12) What happened dude?

5. Hunger ADVENTURE TIME!!

5. Sago Why'd you fall for that, you even knew about it.

7. Oro My gawd you are sexy ;D

7. Scythe WHATD YOU DO VS MY BROTHER?

9. Ook Looking good as always.

9. Hadesblade God damn yoshi

9. DLA Dweeb LA, screwing me out of randoms

9. Grimace lolololololololololol

13. Meneil i has good directions right?

13. Corms <3 drew ill miss you

13. Vare hype *** rob ditto right?

13. RedRyu omg screw random luckiness lol

17. Norm $5 rob ditto yedigg?

17. Zwarm MIKE!

17. Aerox shoulda done better mang

17. Ashley tbh, im quite jealous of your regular show knowledge

17. EagleEye Last? You dun goofed

17. Kualski who?

17. Akashi (Forefeit) That was cute.

17. Quik (Forefeit) god damn work eh?

hunger!

Smash Champion
i'm horrible at this game.

and about pools. even if they were eliminating people. i still would have played the characters i played.

TOON LINK SON!

edit: count, i'll get back to you about next time once the date is posted.

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
Shoutouts

Norm- You didn't go SS Normandy aka NOOOOORRRRMMMMM today. I understand that kind of power can't be used sparingly, and even gods need rest, but I still think you should've gone Snake. :wolf: > :fox: btw.
eh after i lost to count in a ******** way i just didn't feel like playing very much, was thinking of forfeiting but was like w/e and went fox.

Arty

Smash Lord
Shoutouts!

1. Kain - Good stuff man, was hoping to play you!
2. Count - Close as hell games! Nice teaming man, and good **** on that one game when you did 625% lol
3. Marshall - One of these days, I"ll go to a tourney and not lose to you. ONE OF THESE DAYS
5. Hunger - GGs man. I love the Wario matchup with like every character. And good **** trolling the DnD guys!
5. Sago - I was also hoping to get a rematch against you! Next time dude!
7. Oro - What a true brawl kid. Choosing not to enter Melee so he can be prepared for Brawl!
7. Scythe - Not as much of a brawl kid as Oro, but good **** practicing 24/7 to beat Grimace!
9. Ook - Screwing up One-stock Random brackets like a champ!
9. Hadesblade - Thanks for coming man. And fun $MM, Idk how I won that lol
9. DLA - Randomly DQing Ook lol. What a badass
9. Grimace - GGs in Singles. Stop CPing me to Frigate!!
13. Meneil - Good **** with Corms. That was a wacky team lol
13. Corms - Good **** in teams, and stop getting f-smashed! Come to more tourneys :c
13. Vare - Trying to get some friendlies in by pretending we have to play in One-stock random eh??
13. RedRyu - One-Stock random champ!!
17. Norm - Fox >>> Luigi :c Stop watching random *** videos at tourneys!
17. Zwarm - Thanks for all the help man! Good **** against Ook!
17. Aerox - Keep coming man, you're a cool dude! Double Lucario was too good lol
17. Ashley - Good seeing you again! TL is so adorable!
17. EagleEye - We didn't have our johns $MM :(
17. Kualski - Good Lucas, keep improving man!
17. Akashi (Forefeit) - Again nothing personal man. You should really start using Snake against me though. Marth is one of my favorite matchups now
17. Quik (Forefeit) - :warioc:

Also good stuff to all the Melee people. We had a lot of entrants. And Sveet you're like the most fun to watch player ever. You're gonna get top 3 in IL soon, I"m calling it!!

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
A 16-man bracket would probably help a bit, but people are still gonna **** around in pools if they know that they're probably getting out anyways. All we can do is ask people not to be ******** and sandbag during pools, and hope they listen. Cuz this bracket was pretty fkin stupid.

I got 1st seed in my pool after beating Kain, but I still got 9th because I had to fight Marshall way early in losers. Dats some ol bull****.

It's whatever though, that was the only bad thing about the tournament... it was really fun other than that. It was nice seeing the OoS people/other people I haven't seen in a while, and melee was fun too.

Some people still cared though. Look at DLA, ****ing 2-0ed me in pools. Mother****er!! <3
Plus I saved you from getting 3rd seed in that random FFA lmao. It's my way of apologizing for forgetting to bring the basketball

SHOUTOUTS

Brawl Singles[/SIZE]

1. Kain :wolf: ($132) - nice to see you back at 1st... but how could you lose that sudden death against Diego in monkey fight!
2. Count :diddy: ($72) - it's awesome that you're in chicago now... IL has been absolutely ravaged by Diddies in the past so it's good that we're going to get some practice in the MU haha.
3. Marshall :metaknight: ($24) - all according to plan MUAHAHAHAHAHA
4. Arty :falco: / :gw: ($12) - thanks for running the tournament, these are always a lot of fun... and I'm really sorry about the mess everyone left, it's mad disrespectful since the cost of the drinks came pretty much entirely out of your pocket. I wouldn't blame you if you didn't buy pop for us again :(
5. Hunger :warioc: / :kirby2: - lol @ the D&D guys... "define 'winning'."
5. Sago :metaknight: - don't get CGed off of the side of delfino next time lmao... fun friendlies too
7. Oro :marth: / :zerosuitsamus: / :wolf: - nice job beating Hades, I was impressed
7. Scythe :metaknight: / :lucario: - stop practicing monkey fight all day!
9. Ook :dk2: - my attempt to DQ you from 1-stock randoms failed! back to the drawing board.....
9. Hadesblade :yoshi2: - get *****, me... that yoshi's too sexy. i'm pitching a tent and starting a bonfire next time I fight you, cause I just couldn't stop approaching you during our match
9. DLA :metaknight: - bring tic tacs next time
9. Grimace :snake: - good **** in pools, my pika needs some more work it seems.
13. Meneil :ike: - that D&D story was pretty funny vvvv
13. Corms :zelda: - *rolls high on an acrobatics check and cartwheels away to the next shoutout*
13. Vare :sonic: - really good games in bracket, I meant it when I said you got a lot better
13. RedRyu :lucario: - I didn't see a lot of you for some reason, good **** making it down here for the tourney though
17. Norm :fox: - nice job in doubles, I might have to go Ganon against your Snake haha
17. Zwarm :peach: - thanks for driving me, also I forgot about the piano again, I got you next time I see you
17. Aerox :lucario: - fun games in pools/bracket, MK's mad stupid :( you almost had my Ganon.
17. Ashley :sonic: - nice seeing you again, we didn't get to talk too much though
17. EagleEye :ness2: - your ness is good man, keep it up
17. Kualski :lucas: - fun games in pools, lucas is one of my favorite Ganon MUs so don't get discouraged.
17. Akashi (Forefeit) - we started off so well in teams, how did we get last lmao
17. Quik (Forefeit) - I gotta stop starting off so aggressively against your Wario lol, nice job

Melee Singles[/COLOR]

7. Dave :sheik: - I got wrecked pretty hard and you didn't even dthrow tech chase me... I have sheik issues lmao
9. DLA :falcon: - not even last... lookin sexy
9. Afro :falcon: - fun friendlies, your falcon's definitely better than mine
9. Eric :falco: - nice seeing you again, fun friendlies
13. Raid :marth: - long time no see lol, ggs in bracket, you got some brutal early kills on me
13. Zwarm :peach: / :sheik: - what's this :sheik: tomfoolery!

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Ehhhh... I'll just say I didn't do as well as I thought I would.

Everyone I played did super well! I must say that these tournaments always have a really good batch of people at them.
I'll leave shout-outs later if I get around to it... I'm sort of busy with things though.
I may quit brawl...

_Kain_

Smash Champion
What DLA said about Vare. You got much better man, our bracket match was pretty close other than that silly SD you had. Keep it up

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Yeah he's def. stepping it up... if the brackets weren't so screwy I could have seen him getting at least 7th.

Akashi

Smash Lord
Vare almost timed me out in pools lol xD and he took a match off me. Good stuff Vare!

Alright, to clear up some things -

I am in no way upset or salty at Arty or the overall tournament. I talked to Arty after brackets and told him that I was only upset with pools, and that I wasn't mad at anyone specifically or generally, but rather upset how coincidentally it screwed me. That being said, IF I CAN'T BEAT ARTY 1ST ROUND, NO JOHNS BUT I SUCK, lol. That's all I got out of it basically :D. Oh, I forfeited to Melinda in 1st round losers because it was my turn to.

I just hope in the future people will take their pool matches seriously. Hunger, you don't count, you're tourney good with half the cast xD.

Arty said:
17. Akashi (Forefeit) - Again nothing personal man. You should really start using Snake against me though. Marth is one of my favorite matchups now
Lol, I'll never not play a MU because someone is amazing at it. That makes the experience even greater, and I know (eventually) I'll be able to beat you. I just gotta BELIEVE :D :D :D :D

I'll do full shout-outs tomorrow, I'm pooped atm

Zwarm

Smash Hero
This is an issue of major importance! I demand this travesty be corrected this instant!

Oh, and I'll do shoutouts soon once I'm done being lazy. Gonna play some Megaman X for the time being.

Top Bottom