• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Don't Blink, Don't Care 2 Results - 5/28/11 - Glen Elyn IL

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Thats why there are 39 characters in brawl. It was an even 40 but Waluigi was too broken and there wasn't time to replace him in the roster.

Sixonesix

Smash Apprentice
Meh, I really wanted to go to this but by the time I was ready to leave from Chicago it was already 5:10.

I'll go next month if you have Melee again.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
There will always be Melee

Also Joe, every freaking time I see Arty he hypes the **** out of you. If you hung out with Brawlers more you would feel good all the time. :cool:

lain

Smash Master
OMFG You guys better do 1 Stock Random again that **** sounds TIGHT

also good **** kain booboo bear. step it up sago bear ;]

Sago

Smash Lord
1. Kain - cant believe i missed that edgehog....you were so mine.
2. Count - you did so much better then i expected. Wish brackets were alittle diffrent. lets play soon.
3. Marshall - im still upset i made such a simple mistake. i knew it was happening and my brain just farted everywhere. goods hit finaly beating me. but i cant let it happen again.
4. Arty - you'll get your rematch. i can guarentee that.
5. Hunger - happy to have finaly beaten you. sad it was on an off day for you.
5. Sago - wow your so bad. except nice job beating hunge/count
7. Oro - i was playing really really well. i just made one bad deision and it cost me a set.
7. Scythe -nice job on 7th and beating grimce. that diegoknight lookin so fresh.
9. Ook - i dont think i even really saw you
9. Hadesblade - lol flattery. yoshi in the shotgun position all day.
9. DLA -good stuff against kain :D
9. Grimace - what happened. your a natural born goupe fister. let it shine
13. Meneil - watching your teams matchs proved entertaining to say the least.
13. Corms - SUCH A BEAST. sport the reverse catface tag more.
13. Vare - i was very impressed. you vs count was pretty tight
13. RedRyu - YOU RPED ME IN RANDOMS :(
17. Norm -lol hipster
17. Zwarm - lol zwarm you were there??????
17. Aerox - you can be my real man
17. Ashley - thanks for the pikachu and the company whilst smoking
17. EagleEye - fun money match as usual. just let me know when you want another.
17. Kualski - MATT KUALSKI YOU SHOULDENT HAVE LEFT YOU WRENT OUT.
17. Akashi - :( barley talked to you.
17. Quik - couldent even find you after teams .

Count

Smash Champion
finally shoutouts!

1. Kain-GGs good sir. I was close! Can't wait for our next set. You really abused one of my habits, time to go fix that :) amazing player as usual!

3. Marshall-GGs. Learn the matchup! You have the aggressive part down, I have such a hard time recovering vs you. Learn what to do when I have my nanerz out and you'll get me.

4. Arty-Fun set, I was looking forward to a rematch. Teaming was awesome too, hope we can do it again sometime. Let's hit up the bars soon? Also you got the extra dollar from teams! haha its on me ^_^

5. Hunger-Glad I didn't have to play you, tough stuff vs Arty and Sago. I'm sure you'll be back to dominating next tournament. Good stuff in teams as well.

5. Sago-GJ at this, such a fun pools set. Tough bracket, but you notched some key wins! Can't wait to get in some practice/play in tourney again.

7. Oro-I could tell you weren't really into it when we played, but good job in brackets. I was really shocked how you took it to Hades. I know that matchup sucks, but Hades almost always still makes it close. Awesome job.

7. Scythe-Great job at this, didn't even realize you were still into brawl. Can't wait to see more lucario rep though!

9. Ook-Didn't play or talk much, that needs to change next time! Amazing DK, tough bracket.

9. Hadesblade-I am going to miss you a ton this summer :( good job repping Indiana again. Wish you could've played any matchup but Marth :/

9. DLA-Learn the Yoshi matchup!!! You're soooo smart, can't wait til you learn matchups and what not with MK. We're in for a heap of trouble....looking forward to seeing you again.

9. Grimace-Tough luck in brackets, glad I avoided you!!! I can't believe I missed those spikes in teams haha. Great seeing you again!!

13. Meneil -You put on a show vs marshall, thought you were going to beat him! Good job at this, you and corms were so good in teams.

13. Corms-Be nicer to me in teams =( Great zelda!!!

13. Vare-Impressive and frustrating Sonic, you will see some really good placings in the future. Hopefully we can play more this summer, great meeting you.

13. RedRyu-Nice Lucario and GGs in one stock random!

17. Norm-GGs, tough ending to rd 2. I'm always really scared when I have to play snake. Can't wait til next time!

17. Zwarm-We need to play next time!!

17. Aerox-Nice lucario and nice to meet you!!
17. Ashley-Nice toon link!!
17. EagleEye-Don't quit, your ness is really good. There's a ton of good players here, but with hard work you'll be at the top soon. Looks like you had a really tough bracket.

17. Kualski-Did we meet? Let's talk and play next time!

17. Akashi-Your Marth rivals Xisin's as the best I've played. Disgusting spike you had on me in pools, I'm glad I avoided you in bracket. Can't wait til next time!

17. Quik-Amazing seeing you again, enter singles!!!!

Akashi

Smash Lord
Count said:
17. Akashi-Your Marth rivals Xisin's as the best I've played. Disgusting spike you had on me in pools, I'm glad I avoided you in bracket. Can't wait til next time!
That's a big honor, thanks a lot man. I heard you're looking to play some smashers over summer - Meneil has an apartment in the heart of Chicago, so let us know if you ever want to visit. Either way, I'd love to $MM or friendly you at the next tourney :).

edit: shout-outs tonight! lol

kirbycpok

Smash Journeyman
3. Marshall - im still upset i made such a simple mistake. i knew it was happening and my brain just farted everywhere. goods hit finaly beating me. but i cant let it happen again.
I though I won last time lol.
Tellin ya, delfinos my jam

3. Marshall-GGs. Learn the matchup! You have the aggressive part down, I have such a hard time recovering vs you. Learn what to do when I have my nanerz out and you'll get me.
Or, I just flex dem :rob: nuts, yedigg?

JK, i plan on using my other diddy tactic w/ mk next time we play

Quik17

Smash Ace
Not much shoutouts since I had to leave really early and didn't get to talk to everyone.

Kain - Good job beating me as usual. One day man, one day
Count - We didn't get to talk much but it was great seeing you. You definitely have to hang out with us some time over the summer.
Hunger - I laughed when arty told me you were trollin those DnD guys. Can't believe i missed it. Sucks about teams. One day we'll get our consistency back.
Sago - I'm so jealous of how well you were shuffling on that hard pavement. Still have yet to face you guys in teams. Soon!
Oro - Although I didn't see you, you get a shoutout cause you beat Hades!!!!!!! Why no melee!?!?
DLA - Playing your MK makes me think a lot. It's fun and annoying at the same time. Sucks on your placing although I can't blame you since I also lost to Hades in Ohio.
Grimace - I'm happy I finally beat you even if it was in 2-stock pools. I always have a great time playing you win or lose because of how aggressive your Snake is.
Corms - :( Don't leave our family!!!!
Aerox - You gotta play more patiently man. Sometimes you just lose stocks so fast.
Akashi - Fun talking to you as always. You had the second best shirt at the venue!
Hunger's was still the best

Funniest part of the tourney for me was when one of the DnD guys just started randomly goin off on Count lmao

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Ask your brother why I wasn't in Melee lol. I took over for Eric but my first matches of the day were against Rat in bracket. Bad combination imo.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
1. Kain -- Didn't play you at all this time, but good job getting first! xP
2. Count -- Really REALLY good diddy, dood. That second game in pools was lulzy, xP Thanks though. I DO need to practice. This tournament wasn't too great for me. You said you've gone to some Ohio tourneys, right? Tell Smash64 I say hi if you ever do see him
3. Marshall -- Didn't play you this time. Next time I'll get around to $MM-ing you, despite the fact that I'll lose
4. Arty -- HOW DID I NOT GET IN OUR JOHNS $MM?!?!?! Ugh... double stakes next time.
5. Hunger -- Always a hilarious guy. xD I do not have a sweaty ***hole. I wanna vs. your Wario sometime though
5. Sago -- Great games as usual. Your MK rocked me in pools and your Samus annihilated me this time. I've gotta get better. You are a great smasher overall, I'll tell you that.
7. Oro -- You beat me this time too... :( Still really good matches. WHY CAN'T I KILL AS NESS?!?!?! And that ZSS bair is insane. Next tourney I'll HOPEFULLY put up a good fight
7. Scythe -- I definitely shouldn't have underestimated you. You're a great player. That last game vs. your Lucario in Bracket was really good. I couldn't get off a grab; one grab would've been a B-throw death, but you did well in avoiding it. :( Great $MM also. I know that you're a really good player now. I'll do better next tourney, hopefully.
9. Ook -- I PLAYED YOU FOR THE FIRST TIME!!! OMG!!! We need to vs. each other more though. I got lucky with that friendly, and I bet you would rock me if it were brackets.
9. Hadesblade -- DANG DOOD!!! THAT YOSHI!!! You took so much money off of me, but you're REAAAAAAAALLY good. Now I need to learn the Yoshi MU so that I don't just put myself into your grab range every time. xP Really good games. Good wake-up slap; Keep up being awesome! Good guy!
9. DLA -- Playing you is always fun. xD I love your ganon!! I need to play your MK sometime though in tourney, because you'd probably do a TON better (like 2-0). Ganon vs. Ness isn't very good for ganon at all (as you had said)
9. Grimace -- didn't play you this time, but still an awesome dude! YOU LIKE COKE-ZERO TOO!!! xP
13. Meneil -- didn't play you this time... or talk to you basically at all...... yeah. *blanks*
13. Corms -- CORMS!!! I didn't get to play you again! Oh, memories from that one Play'n'Trade... xP
13. Vare -- Really good Sonic, dood. We gotta play some more games later. The pools set was really good. And you beat my ness as ness twice. :( We were both brain-dead at the end of the night though, so hopefully we'll see each other again. DON'T QUIT ON TOURNEYS! YOU'VE got a lot of potential.
13. RedRyu -- Didn't play you in singles this time, but you're still a cool dood. the double lucario team... xP
17. Norm -- Didn't play you this time either.... *random note*
17. Zwarm -- Good $MM... but I wanna play your ROB some other time.
17. Aerox -- Oh, the double lucario team... xP
17. Ashley -- didn't vs. you or talk to you.... oh well, for next time maybe?
17. EagleEye -- What a dumb***! I mean, this dood sucks so bad!
17. Kualski -- .... don't remember you for some reason.....
17. Akashi (Forefeit) -- AKASHI!!!! You got me in pools, but I wanna vs. you some other time.
17. Quik (Forefeit) -- WHAT'D'JA DO, QUIK??!!? I SAW YOU FOR MAYBE LIKE HALF AN HOUR!!!

I hope there's another event in this series. Gotta make it big.

hadesblade

Smash Lord
I'm really glad I came. I had a ton of fun seeing everybody and hanging out. Thanks to Arty for hosting and whoever else helped make the tournament happen. The drive isn't too bad, hopefully I'll be back sometime after I'm back from AZ. (Make count want to come back! :D)

Shoutouts:

1. Kain - Hey, xD I still remember our first wifi ladder set and how much better you've gotten since then. GGs, and grats on winning again.

2. Count - Was nice seeing you again before I leave for AZ. Lol "yoshi always rides shotgun". Grats on second, but you'll get kain before summers over. I felt so dumb after accidentally rolling into charged fsmash in random doubles ;(

3. Marshall - ggs in dubz.

4. Arty- I'm soo salty about that mm xD. Glad we got to play though and really ggs. I want a rematch next time I see you :p.

5. Hunger - lol best coaching ever during 1 stock random.

5. Sago - lol was cool hanging out and talking to you. Good **** beating count in pools.

7. Oro - ggs, I was getting so frustrated in our set ><.

9. Hadesblade - scrub losing to yoshis best matchups like marth and wolf

9. DLA - ggs lolz. Is it bad if I was more scared of playing your ganon than your mk?

9. Grimace - ggs in dubz.

13. Meneil - ggs in dubz, you stomped us so hard lol. ike wall + dins fire is scary ._.

17. Norm - I think I'm 0-2 against you now ><

17. Zwarm - had fun teaming, wish we did better but it was fun.

17. Ashley - ggs in pools

17. EagleEye - I feel bad about how gay I played in like all our sets. Our last set I was wondering what I had left I could do, and I definitely picked the gayest stage/char combo I could think of. GG's, hope you aren't mad at me playing like a **** xD. I still think its funny people think yoshi doesn't beat ness =/.

17. Akashi (Forefeit) - Lol we didn't talk like at all, but I guess that was cause you left early or something? Anyway was cool seeing you again.

17. Quik (Forefeit) - I'm still alive!! Yay :D

Sago

Smash Lord
nah this is the first time you've beat me in awhile marsh.

count if your not doing anything sat come to the melee tourney. ill bring a brawl set up and play a few with you :)

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
There's also a smashfest at my house tomorrow in case you guys missed it, check out the IL PR thread.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Finally got around to doing these. Yay for laziness.

1. Kain - We didn't talk much at this. :( Good **** on first.
2. Count - I agree, we need to play soon. I need the Diddy practice. xD
3. Marshall - Fun games in pools. Let's not do a Yoshi ditto next time.
4. Arty - Another fun tournament. And it's no problem, I'm glad to help out. :)
5. Hunger - Adventure Time too good.
5. Sago - Yeah I was here, haha.
7. Oro - Stop being a nerd until 11AM the night before a tournament!
9. Ook - Almost had you! GG's. I'll get you next time. :D
9. Hadesblade - I had fun teaming too, sorry we didn't do that well though.
13. Corms - Drew! You actually came to a tournament! I hope you can make one more before you have to go back home.
13. Vare - Timing me out in friendlies. Tsk tsk.
13. RedRyu - Lucario's so broke! Lol, GG's in pools. I'll beat you next time, watch out!
17. Norm - One of these days I'm gonna beat you, since we always seem to play in tournament now.
17. Zwarm - Keep working on the Peach. Getting top 10 next time!
17. Ashley - Glad you could make it to another tournament. Actually practice for the next one instead of just playing the day before. :p
17. EagleEye - Fun MM. I guess I can go ROB next time, but I don't really play him anymore.
17. Quik - Nice to see you again, even though you had to leave so early.

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
Red Ryu, have you ever considered maining someone other than Lucario? Insane job on the one-stock random from looking at bracket, you did work.

Top Bottom