• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

America! The Tourney (FINISHED! JAIME WINS!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Battlecow

Play to Win
AMERICA!

An online Tournament by Battlecow

Hello fellow online smashers! Second try at this tournament; rules and stuff are mostly the same. Anyways, (cue copy+paste from last thread) I thought it'd be a good idea for me to run a little online, North American tourney, if there's any interest. I may end up canceling if no one signs up, but as it is, we'll go for a quick, 8 or 16 man, double elimination bracket, composed of people that I know will get their matches done.

Why should you sign up? Because I'm a sane, lovable, benevolent, and gracious tournament host who will be a hardass when necessary and show mercy when appropriate. Also because tournaments are awesome and ones that finish like this one will (I SWEAR IT) are awesomer.

RULES-

-Best of 5 (that's three matches to win). Grand finals are best of 7.
-Pick first stage by stage striking among the three neutrals- that is, DL, Hyrule, and Kongo (With Final Destination and Battlefield added if both players are amenable). -After that match is done, loser picks stage, winner picks character, loser picks character. Standard stuff.
-5 stock, no items (duh)
-No dark samus or Black Douglas on Kongo
-Legal stages are DL, Hyrule, Kongo, and Peach's. Add Battlefield, Final Destination, Windless DL, and Nado-free Hyrule if both players agree to do so.
-No excessive stalling. The onus is on the person who's behind to attack, so the person at lower stock/higher % is the one who'll forfeit the match if neither player takes damage for 5 minutes or more. I honestly don't anticipate this being a problem.
-DS 4 times or more (if it's provable that you were the cause of DS) and you're out.
-No laggers allowed. If you have noticeable lag (57 frames or lower seems to be the cutoff point for most people) you have one chance to fix it and then you're out
If there are serious, widespread objections to any of these rules, I can change them.

Contacting and Stuff-

When you apply for the tourney (it's first come first served among those I deem good match-players, which is most of you) post this information:

Name
Contact info (Something that you check on the daily, please. IM info is nice as well)

People with LADDER RANKINGS will be seeded above people without them, and those with higher ladder rankings above those with lower. After that, the seedings will be generated randomly.

I will DQ the player whom I feel to be responsible whenever I feel like a match is taking too long. Generally, you have 4 days unless you come up with a really good excuse.

I will be on everyone's case to finish matches. Hopefully we can have a fun, snappy tournament.

Everyone in North America is eligible. That's why it's "America!" instead of "USA!"

And, if you're confused as to how to play your matches within the time limit, here's a helpful flowchart:

Participants-

1. The ineffable Peek~!

2. The indefensible Nova!

3. The indefatigable KoRo!

4. The insufferable Star King!

5. The inconceivable Killer!

6. The indescribable Eggers St!

7. The indestructible Hellhammer!

8. The indomitable Channighan!

9. The incomparable Glowworm!

10. The intractable $N@K3!

11. The incomprehensible Dext3r!

12. The inestimable MATTS!!

13. The indisposable Surri-Sama!

14. The indistinguishable BEEF!Man!!

15. The indivisible KnitePhox!

16. The inscrutable B-LINK!

The Bracket

That's all, folks!

Peek~

Smash Lord
Well I was going to take a break from smash but then I see this :D. You should make a USA only sometime, like for July or something

Name: Peek~

Contact info:
MSN: peek824545201@hotmail.com
Smashboards PM

Times when you can usually play: Most days after 12 PM, though I have been busier lately but ill make sure to make time

The Star King

Smash Hero
Name: Star King
Contact info: Smashboards PM
Times when you can usually play: 3-10 PM EST every day.

EDIT: Added DEKAR style

State: Frenzied
Events: 64
Predicted placing: 1st
Attractiveness: I do indeed have an attractive Ness.
Build: Scrawny nerd with the pompousness of a king
Trash-talking ability: Trash-talking is waste of energy, considering the fact that I'll decimate any opponent regardless of their confidence.
Confidence: I have more than total confidence. The fact that you insolent worms stand no chance against me is 100% undeniable fact.
Interview Skills: I invariably get what I want.
Favorite Color (no u in color or favorite, because this tournament is AMERICAN): The color of cattle blood
Commentating Skills: I five stocked Isai in Link dittos blindfolded and with my hands tied behind my back, and I still managed to commentate my own game, the World Cup Finals, the US Open, the Summer Olympics, and the Superbowl, all with insight far beyond any professional can provide. You tell me.
Dancing Skill Level: Every step I ever take is part of my life-long dance
Basketball Skill Level: Half as good as ballin's
Estimated increase in total attendance because I am attending: 666

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Name/Tag: ciaza
State: ACT
Events: 64
Predicted placing: 1st
Attractiveness: Overwhelming
Build: Irish masterpiece
Trash-talking ability: your MUM has trash talking ability
Confidence: Yes.
Interview Skills: Beastly
Favourite Colour: Winning
Commentating Skills: asianaussie
Dancing Skill Level: Dr. Turk
Basketball Skill Level: God-like
Estimated increase in total attendance because I am attending: 1337

Credit to Dekar for the template.

EDIT: A lot of people seem to like Dekar, so here is his story:
Part One:

Zeus k. Rockerfella (who later changed his name to David “Dekar” Moore to avoid paparazzi following his invention of shoelaces) was born on the 25th of December, 1940, to a poor Laotian/Dutch family in the deep jungles near Borobudur. He was one of eighteen children born that day, seven of which were suspiciously stillborn. Luckily Dekar was the eighth child born that day and he was able to successful oversee the birth of the next nine children.

Each of these nine children would become figures of worldwide renown, some for good and some for evil. Dekar’s youngest sister is probably the best known. Known to Dekar simply as Dorothy, to the rest of the world, Adolf Hitler. Dekar has a typical childhood spending much of his time on his grandfather’s (Gandalf the White) enchanted tower hunting unicorns.

Dekar’s above-average intelligence was recognized early in his schooling when for a grade six science project he submitted a piece he entitled “The Investigation of the State of Aether in Magnetic Fields” which was later stolen by Albert Einstein. Of note also is that for a grade three ‘show-and-tell’ Dekar brought in his left bicep which impressed classmates and teacher alike.

He was no stranger to the sports field competing in the school team for swimming, soccer, tennis, rugby, basketball, baseball and polo (for which Dekar was the only player to not require a horse). At the age of 9 he played for the Junior Wallabies squad in the 1949 Rugby World Cup in Sri Lanka, where his innovative playmaking resulted in the invention of Jumping.

High School set the precedent for the rest of Dekar’s life. He was a favourite among the teachers and was popular with all students. No more was this more evident than on Prom Night when Dekar won both Prom King and Queen. Dekar participated liberally in extra-curricular activities such as the audio-visual society where he directed his first home-made movie entitled ‘The Godfather.’ Also an avid member of the Junior Politics society Dekar was integral in the formation and implementation of Chamberlain’s appeasement policy. It should also be noted that Dekar held the position of head-master for two years while simultaneously serving as a student.

On graduation day Dekar was voted ‘most likely to physically heal earth’ (perhaps a foreshadowing of his heal the world antics of later years) as well as ‘greatest all-round sportsman’ and ‘most likely to earn one million dollars’ (which he fulfilled the following day).
Dekar took a 17 and a half year gap year before he ventured into university. Some of his best known exploits during this period was his single-handed defeat of Operation Barbarossa and dropping himself on Hiroshima. Dekar returned to the known world at the ripe age of 15 ready to usher in a new age of civilisation after his six year rule as Sultan of Brunei.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
^^^ i lol'd

If people are fine with my connection (ask others in tournament,) i'll join also. I have a lagless computer also but I would only be able to use it at night (don't ask..lol)

In Dekar format

Name/Tag: KoRo/LavoS
State: Bagel Country/New Jersey
Events: Fake Online Singles
Predicted placing: Top 3 unless d/q'd
Attractiveness: Underwhelming
Build:
Internet
Tough Guy
Trash-talking ability: It's the internet....automatically solid
Confidence: Moderate
Interview Skills: Hey what is that microphone doing here...
Favourite Colour: Brue
Commentating Skills: Lionel Logue
Dancing Skill Level: Does Yoga count?
Basketball Skill Level: NBA professional
referee
Estimated increase in total attendance because I am attending: Online n64 smash? 5 people.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Name/Tag: asianaussie
State: Mildly neurotic
Events: Sitting in the back watching cutesy anime
Character: Overwhelmingly cynical with a heart of gold
Predicted placing: Disqualified due to blatant organiser racism against Australians
Attractiveness: This is probably my only fault :(
Build: 4pool, EVERY GAME
Trash-talking ability: ciaza's mom multiplied by your mom to the power of Deadpool
Confidence: Far too ****ing much, have some.
Commentating Skills: David mother****ing Attenborough
Dancing Skill Level: Firebathero
Basketball Skill Level: Charlie Sheen
Estimated increase in total attendance because I am attending: The internet.

If anyone else does this it will get old.

BUT WHO CARES

Battlecow

Play to Win
Aiight, the aussies can't join no matter HOW good their templates are. Koro, since I'm the only one who ever calls you out on lag, I guess you can join, but if someone complains, you're out (obviously). If your opponents are OK with it OR if you can play the ones who aren't OK with it laglessly, that's supercool.

Commentating Skills: I five stocked Isai in Link dittos blindfolded and with my hands tied behind my back, and I still managed to commentate my own game, the World Cup Finals, the US Open, the Summer Olympics, and the Superbowl, all with insight far beyond any proffesional can provide. You tell me.
And yet, you spell "professional" with two f's, and have a marked aversion to the word "what" when it would be grammatically appropriate.

\\Killer//

Smash Journeyman
Name: Killer
Contact info: Ezkillah@hotmail.com
Smashboards PM
State; In a box(close)
Times when you can usually play: Every 2 hours(everyone wants to try my new pc) up to 10:30 PM EST

LLDL

Smash Hero
Eggers St
AIM: flameex6753/Smashboards PM
New Jersey
Everyday before 4PM

Titus_178

Smash Cadet
Name: Hellhammer
Contact info: Smashboards PM, msn: rapha_9_r@hotmail.com
Times when you can usually play: generally 1-6 PM + random

My post count is low but I read almost every posts on the smash64 section. You won't wait for me to finish my matches

Battlecow

Play to Win
If everyone could give me an actual location in the future it'd be nice. I mean, I know you're all from NA, but next thing you know some Brazilian dude with a less-than-perfect grasp of English goes for "in a box" and then either you have to play on 6 frames or I have to have my bracket messed up.

Actually I doubt that'd get by me and I probably won't let randoms enter anyways BUT. Real locations pl0x.

Channighan

Smash Ace
Name: Channighan
Contact info: Skype (prefer): Channighan, Smashboards PM
Online: 11 a.m to 4pm, Eastern Time sometimes I'll go past this time, then I'll be on skype.

:phone:

LLDL

Smash Hero
I played him before, he doesn't lag all that much

Battlecow

Play to Win
How much is "not all that much?" lol.

Just wanna make sure no one MESSES UP MY BRACKETTT

Battlecow

Play to Win
Depends how much interest there is. Way things are right now, I say we should go for 16 and give people byes if we don't fill out the whole bracket.

If no one else signs up in the next day or so, we'll start it as is and do an 8-man bracket.

SmashFinale

Smash Rookie
FINALLY! a tournament in which someone is checking on EVERYTHING instead of waiting till the last minute!

Name: SmashFinale
Times im on: now its anytime since school is done
Contact: SmashBoards( im mostly active during special announcements like tourneys and website improvements)

The Star King

Smash Hero
And yet, you spell "professional" with two f's, and have a marked aversion to the word "what" when it would be grammatically appropriate.
Kind of like how you spelled "indestructible" with an a in the original post when describing Hellhammer. LOL

We've been over this. It's hard to maintain every world language at once.

I've always had spelling issues with double consonants.

Battlecow

Play to Win
SmashFinale, I have vague memories of you not finishing tourney matches in past tourneys. If you wanna join this one, you have to promise to check smashboards every day.

MATTS!

Smash Ace
Name: MATTS!
Contact info: pm on smashboards, or on Galaxy
Times when you can usually play: im on everyday from 8:30pm to 1:00am eastern time zone

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
May I play, TAUREN Battlecow:?:

Name: KnitePhox
Contact info: SmashBoards Private Message
Times when you can usually play: Typcially after 7EST,6CST,5MST,4PST.

Battlecow

Play to Win
B-Link, I need TIMES from you; I know you're a good match-player but people need to be able to know when you're generally available.

Also, sorry SmashFinale, but it looks like you're not gonna be able to JOIN. You've got a BAD REP from earlier tourneys and you're apparently NOT CHECKING THE THREAD.

The bracket's full and it's linked at the end of the OP; the tourney begins NOW! GO GO GO GO GO!

Bracket

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom