• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lone Star Circuit Event #3: Nexus!!! $500 POT BONUS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea

NEXUS​
July 8th-9th, 2011 (see below for schedule)

Venue:
McAllen Convention Center (Omnicon Anime Convention)
http://www.mcallenconventioncenter.net/
Venue pictures coming soon!

More information:
www.omnicononline.com

700 Convention Center Blvd.
McAllen, TX, TX 78501
(956) 681-3800

Please be at the venue by 11am on Saturday, especially if you're registering. We WILL be starting at 12:30.

Specifics:
The Rio Grande Valley's stop for this year's Lone Star Circuit will be a part of the Omnicon Anime Convention's Nexus tournaments. It will be a two-day event, but all of the main events will be held on Saturday. Charro Punks have graciously decided to put $1000 of pot bonus ($500 for SSF4AE and $500 for Brawl Singles) into this event.

On the Friday portion of the event for the people that can make both days, we will be holding many different Brawl side events, such as Waseda doubles, Mid/Low tiers, whatever people want. On Saturday will be Singles and Doubles.

Rules
We will be using the latest version of the Unity Ruleset, so make sure you keep up with it:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=301032

This event will be archived and streamed courtesy of Charro Punks:
www.justin.tv/charropunks

HOUSING!!
There are several people willing to house crews for the night, I would advise posting up for inquires before booking one of the two cheap hotels near by. PM me or post here and I can get back to you with potential housing opportunity or discounted hotel rates courtesy of Omnicon.

Registration and Venue Fee
The usual and initial thought of Convention prices scares potential tournament participants. However, we have been able to secure a special rate that allows access to the tournament room only. This tournaments pass is as follows:

Two day pass [Friday and Saturday]: $15
This is the only option to get into the convention and tournaments that is cheaper than the Convention Pass. I highly suggest attending both days to get the total bang-for-the-buck!

If you happen to love anime Conventions and wish to have full attendance, you can purchase a regular convention badge from the Omnicon website. The Convention badge will allow you full access to everything including the tournaments, former Power Ranger panels, and other fun things the convention has in store for you!

Also, conventions [down souf, at least] typically provide controllers, however, this event is BYOC to bypass bag searching. Watch your controllers carefully, if you are caught stealing or trying to steal, you will be totally ejected courtesy of the Convention Centers security staff.

Game list and (tentative) Tournament Schedule
Friday-
1pm
BlazBlu CSII [360]
Tekken 6 [PS3]
2pm
Halo CE & Halo 2
FFA, 2v2, 4v4
Super Smash Bros. Melee Doubles [GC]
Super Smash Bros. Brawl Side Events [Wii]
3pm
Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike [PS2]
Capcom vs. SNK 2 [PS2]
5pm
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 [DC]
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix [Console TBD]
7pm
Super Street Fighter IV AE Teams 2v2 [360]

Saturday-
1pm
Mortal Kombat (360)
Halo: Reach (360)
Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (360)
2pm
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii) [$500 Pot Bonus]
Super Smash Bros. Melee Singles (GC)
3pm
Super Street Fighter IV (360) [$500 Pot Bonus]

Entry Fee and Payout Distribution
All Friday events are $5 entry (per person)
Payout for Brawl will be:
Singles:
1st=44%
2nd=22%
3rd=16%
4th=10%
5th=6%
5th=6%
7th=3%
7th=3%

Doubles:
1-9 teams = 80 / 20
10 - 19 teams = 60 / 30 / 10
20 - 39 teams = 55 / 30 / 10 / 5
40-59 teams = 55 / 25 / 10 / 5 / 2.5 / 2.5
60+ teams = 50 / 25 / 10 / 5 / 3? / 3? / 1? / 1?

Raffles and Prizes:
Information coming soon....

Food
There is no outside food or drinks allowed in the venue with the exception of their concession stand. Within 5 minutes drive you can find tons of restaurants located in the plaza just south of the Convention Center.

Such As...
PF Chang's
Macaroni Grill
Etc

I believe that wraps up all the information. Please post up with any questions or concerns regarding the tournament or convention and I will do my best to answer them.

If you need to contact me, you can reach me here, or
AIM: myzombiedogateme
Phone: (956) 310-2862

Link to the Facebook event:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=227447763951090
Link to the shoryuken.com thread:
http://shoryuken.com/forum/threads/...ae-mcallen-tx-july-8th-9th-mcallen-tx.137880/

Reizilla

Current Standings

1: Trela==70 points

1: UltimateRazer==70 points

3: Gnes==45 points

4: Denti==35 points

5: Infinity==30 points

5: Illmatic==30 points

7: Dojo==20 points

8: Zori==17 points

8: Dphat==17 points

8: K Prime==17 points

11: Sync==12 points

12: Jerm==7 points

12: MegaFox==7 points

12: Tesh==7 points

15: Poltergust==5 points

15: P4==5 points

15: Panty Raider==5 points

15: Pj==5 points

15: Esca==5 points

15: Leaf==5 points

15: Paw==5 points

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
THE SECOND ONE iSN'T EVEN FINSIHED AND THIS IS OUT?!?!

OMFG HYPE

Reizilla

^We're gonna need lots of that ^_^

Maybe I'll come up with something for best Brawl Cosplayer or something.

Reizilla

..................you don't even like Marvel. Get out of here and give me that gift card! :mad:

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
esca, wanna team? you know we could wreck ****.

@kilik, ill team with you still if esca says no but i really wanna go double pit in doubles at least once (or at least pit/mk)

z00ted

I'm gonna talk to P4 first Esca, we're static. If he wants to still team, then it's a no.

Otherwise, we will get first.

Reizilla

^We need to see that happen. No more of this carrying people, Magik.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
yeah, but esca is my bro yo. and he is another pit user and like i said, i've been wanting to go double pit in a doubles tourney forever. i mean im going with kilik in hobo, but the july event, unless we do really well at hobo, i want to do double pit. then i can go back to teaming with sheik but as i keep saying, double pit, i wants it.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
i mean if you still wanna go static kilik ill team with you but in the other thread weren't you saying something about teaming with that other sheik at the 3rd event as well?

z00ted

IT'S A ****ING 6 HOUR DRIVE FROM HOUSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KiSS MY WHITE *** RGV!

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
.... i have to google maps this. if it is really a longer drive than 3 hours then count me out unless someone carpools me.

edit:

if you take the non toll route it is 7+ hour drive without including traffic. there is no way in hell im driving to this.

like i said, ill ride with someone, but chances are i doubt houston is coming to this so im out of a ride. i can't believe how far away that is. it'd be fast but like hella more expensive if we just flew down there. hell with that drive it may actually cost the same when you calculate gas prices.

z00ted

This chart is too annoying to scroll over >_>

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
want and can't are 2 different things sir. i heeeellllllllaaaaa wanna go to this, but unless i were guarenteed to take first place while simultaneously being able to get off work at my new job, i physically just can't afford to make this trip. however, don't think for a second that i won't be trying to find a way to get there until then. :)

derkapalooza

Smash Journeyman
Bro I'm in the same boat. I work and have responsibilities of my own. Otherwise you guys would have been seeing me alot more in upstate tourneys lol. Even then i still manage to make it to a s.a. or austin tourney here and there.

Hope things work out for you guys

:phone:

Player-4

See you in 25 years
I'll probably take a carpool, we'll just see

I'm too lazy to look, is this at the same place or in the vicinity where the last tourney Ill, Xyro, and myself went to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom