• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawlbox v0.67b Released

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Wow, thanks a ton for your work.

If I might suggest one thing -- have left / right move 90 degrees instead of 180. When you open a model, unless something's changed, you start head on and must rotate 90 degrees to the side. There are plenty of other times where you want to flip to a head on view from the side and vice-versa.

Flipping from side to side would still be two quick taps.

EDIT: Are you talking about adding 180 to the camera angle? or to a bone angle?

BlackJax96

Smash Apprentice
I'm talking about adding 180 to the bone angle. Although I may change that to 90, and I just now added to the context menu on the rotation labels that lets you remove or add or subtract 45, 90 or 180 to/from all the frames (It used to be only add/subtract 180).

Edit: Demo Updated!

Skyground95

Smash Cadet
Finally someone who continues to develop BrawlBox :D

Just some small bugs:
The COLL files uses the EFLS icon while the EFLS files doesn't have any icon.

btw, are you gonna add some features from Bero's modset, like the STDT editor and PAT0 rebuilder? :)

BlackJax96

Smash Apprentice
Finally someone who continues to develop BrawlBox :D

Just some small bugs:
The COLL files uses the EFLS icon while the EFLS files doesn't have any icon.

btw, are you gonna add some features from Bero's modset, like the STDT editor and PAT0 rebuilder? :)
Whoa, strange O.o I'll fix that asap.
I'll add those things from the modset too, why not? :D

Skyground95

Smash Cadet
Cool :)
And also, It would be great if you could add support for RFNT files (effect textures, ask Tcll about the format) and maybe STPM files (modifies things related to camera in stage and such).
Sorry if i'm requesting alot now :p

EDIT: I meant REFT :p

Rikana

Smash Champion
Whenever I replace an animation in a fitmotion.pac, it keeps asking me to save over and over again everytime I try to close it. Although I press yes, it never ended up saving. The issue wasn't there in 0.63

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
Cool :)
And also, It would be great if you could add support for RFNT files (effect textures, ask Tcll about the format) and maybe STPM files (modifies things related to camera in stage and such).
Sorry if i'm requesting alot now :p

EDIT: I meant REFT :p
lol XD

he already knows dude :)

BlackJax96

Smash Apprentice
Just so everyone knows, I'm a lot more active over at kc-mm. If I make some kind of insane breakthrough, I'll usually post there first. So, two updates.

Talking with ds22, we came to the conclusion that the dae importer doesn't work with 64-bit computers. I'm not sure how I'll fix that problem, since the code is fine. (We don't know for sure, though)

Second, I fixed a bug that caused MDL0s to always be dirty (meaning it ALWAYS had to be rebuilt, even if you didn't change ANYTHING) Now you can export and save models fine, unless you do something you normally couldn't in v0.63d XD my bad. You still can't save or export imported models (correctly, at least).

I haven't updated the demo, since it was just a demo, but this was a pretty big bug that I just fixed. Now you can save anything without problems.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Change the compilation type away from AnyCPU when you build it.
How would that help? Excuse my ignorance, but wouldn't AnyCPU just compile to x86 compatible bytecode and work on x86-64 the same way? :v I know .Net is run through a JIT compiler, but that wouldn't change anything to my knowledge :u

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
Hey, do you think you could add something which makes death boundaries and camera limits visible in the collision editor?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I got this error when opening a standard .pcs file for both Marth and Link. Marth's was from vanilla Brawl. Did not have this issue in the older version you made, nor any other version of Brawlbox I've used.

Running Windows 7 x64.

Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
   at BrawlLib.SSBBTypes.BRESHeader.get_First()
   at BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.BRESNode.get_RootHeader()
   at BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.BRESNode.get_Group()
   at BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.BRESNode.OnInitialize()
   at BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.ResourceNode.Initialize(ResourceNode parent, DataSource origSource, DataSource uncompSource)
   at BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.ARCEntryNode.Initialize(ResourceNode parent, DataSource origSource, DataSource uncompSource)
   at BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.ResourceNode.Initialize(ResourceNode parent, DataSource origSource)
   at BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.NodeFactory.FromSource(ResourceNode parent, DataSource source)
   at BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.NodeFactory.FromAddress(ResourceNode parent, VoidPtr address, Int32 length)
   at BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.ARCNode.OnPopulate()
   at BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.ResourceNode.get_Children()
   at BrawlBox.BaseWrapper.OnExpand()
   at BrawlBox.ResourceTree.OnBeforeExpand(TreeViewCancelEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.TvnExpanding(NMTREEVIEW* nmtv)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WmNotify(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WndProc(Message& m)
   at BrawlBox.ResourceTree.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5446 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
BrawlBox
    Assembly Version: 0.64.4206.19272
    Win32 Version: 0.64.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Shadic/Desktop/Brawl%20Hacks/Open%20BB%20New/BrawlBox.exe
BrawlLib
    Assembly Version: 0.10.4206.19268
    Win32 Version: 0.10.3.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Shadic/Desktop/Brawl%20Hacks/Open%20BB%20New/BrawlLib.DLL
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5446 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5442 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
So... Let me get this strait... We are almost close to importing custom models?

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Yes. We are close than we was last year, but there is still more to be done regarding the .mdl0 format IIRC.

BlackJax96

Smash Apprentice
I got this error when opening a standard .pcs file for both Marth and Link. Marth's was from vanilla Brawl. Did not have this issue in the older version you made, nor any other version of Brawlbox I've used.

Running Windows 7 x64.
Just fixed that, go ahead and re-download.
Thanks for telling me.

So... Let me get this strait... We are almost close to importing custom models?
Yes. We are close than we was last year, but there is still more to be done regarding the .mdl0 format IIRC.
At the moment, the most major part of the MDL0 that I need to figure out how to write is the objects (aka polygons). Materials and Shaders aren't fully cracked, but I can just write default values to those for now. Objects actually need to contain the model's data.

mario6420072

Smash Cadet
I have found a bug: "flat" models display incorrectly in this version of brawlbox.

There is also another bug that happens sometimes (not always) when you try to preview any model:

error message (translated from spanish to english):

Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking debugging
Just-In-Time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   en System.Windows.Forms.ModelEditControl.modelPanel1_PostRender(Object sender, GLContext context)
   en System.Windows.Forms.ModelPanel.OnRender()
   en BrawlLib.OpenGL.GLPanel.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e)
   en System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer, Boolean disposeEventArgs)
   en System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m)
   en System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   en System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   en System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   en System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   en System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   en System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   en System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4961 (win7RTMGDR.050727-4900)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
BrawlBox
    Assembly Version: 0.64.4206.28803
    Win32 Version: 0.64.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/DAVID/Desktop/DAVID/Brawlbox%20v0.64%20Modset%201/BrawlBox.exe
BrawlLib
    Assembly Version: 0.10.4206.28800
    Win32 Version: 0.10.3.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/DAVID/Desktop/DAVID/Brawlbox%20v0.64%20Modset%201/BrawlLib.DLL
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4957 (win7RTMGDR.050727-4900)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Windows.Forms.resources
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/2.0.0.0_es_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
System.resources
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.resources/2.0.0.0_es_b77a5c561934e089/System.resources.dll
mscorlib.resources
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable debugging Just In Time (JIT), the configuration file is
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set out in section system.windows.forms.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled

For example:

<configuration>
     jitDebugging="true" <system.windows.forms />
</ configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

BlackJax96

Smash Apprentice
I have found a bug: "flat" models display incorrectly in this version of brawlbox.

There is also another bug that happens sometimes (not always) when you try to preview any model:

Yeah, I know of the flat model error. Kryal changed the way Brawlbox renders models, and apparently flat models get messed up. I'm not sure how to fix the problem, since normal models work fine, but I'll look into fixing it.

I've never seen the second error before though. Could you send me a model that causes that, so I can debug it?

mario6420072

Smash Cadet
I used the model of ZSS trophy (SzerosuitR1.brres) and the error appeared, but it can appear with any model, although it doesn't happen often (In fact, I've just opened many times "SzerosuitR1.brres" and no error appeared this time)

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Yeah, I know of the flat model error. Kryal changed the way Brawlbox renders models, and apparently flat models get messed up. I'm not sure how to fix the problem, since normal models work fine, but I'll look into fixing it.

Do a diff of the old BrawlBox source with your BrawlBox source

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
Could you list the number of the bone in the preview window? That would be really useful when we need to find what bone we want to attach a hitbox to. I know it's in the archival window, but it would be a lot faster for PSA users who need to coordinate bones and hitboxes. Thanks!

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Yeah. If you don't want to screw with the display much you could have the bone index displayed when you highlight the bone in the left side tab.

BlackJax96

Smash Apprentice
Could you list the number of the bone in the preview window? That would be really useful when we need to find what bone we want to attach a hitbox to. I know it's in the archival window, but it would be a lot faster for PSA users who need to coordinate bones and hitboxes. Thanks!
Alright, I can do that.
Edit: Download updated. Just select the bone you want the index for, and then right click it and the index will be in the context menu.

Do a diff of the old BrawlBox source with your BrawlBox source
I have, and it's completely different. He reads and stores the primitives in a completely different way, and then renders them differently. It seems like he just made it more confusing for himself though. I think he was prepping his code for the model rebuilder.

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
Please excuse me if I overlooked it, but would it be possible to tweak the animation porting so you can select multiple animation files at once, or a motion.pac to port it all at once?

BlackJax96

Smash Apprentice
Please excuse me if I overlooked it, but would it be possible to tweak the animation porting so you can select multiple animation files at once, or a motion.pac to port it all at once?
Yeah, that'd be easy, although I said over at kc-mm that I wouldn't update Brawlbox again until I finished the model rebuilder. So I'll include that in the update.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Yeah, that'd be easy, although I said over at kc-mm that I wouldn't update Brawlbox again until I finished the model rebuilder. So I'll include that in the update.
And that will be a wonderful update.

Thanks again for all of your work, man. Really appreciate it.

Midnite

Smash Cadet
NNID
AurumMidnite
Extreme hype for model rebuilder!
Thanks for the amazing work. When the model rebuilder is released, I might actually have the motivation to return to making hacks.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Have you guys ever thought of adding an onion layer feature for animation?

Top Bottom