• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawlbox v0.67b Released

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Well... Maybe if you turn off the onion layer whenever it's not needed, like during a "moving" preview, it might not lag. Then make transparency adjustable so that less powerful computers could still handle it. And just render only the adjacent previous frame; nothing before or after that.

Super-Sonic

Smash Cadet
I'm sorry if this has been noticed already, but I was porting some animations, and when I saved, they just corrupted themselves (I was saving on model previewer).

With corrupted I mean they now dont have any Icon and won't show any error messages or Information on clicking, and Previewer won't read them as animations either. Strange, huh.

EDIT: Seems like version 5 on some animations won't work, for everyone who didn't know how to 'fix' this, just open the animation with BrawlBox (not preview) and on the information in the right (only the first time, when you have just got it), downgrade the version (should be 5) to 4, then it should work fine.

libertyernie

Smash Ace
This version of BrawlBox is making all my stage animations not loop :( In particular, it sets Unknown2 to 0 and doesn't let me edit it or even show it.

EDIT: It also makes it so the stages I edit with the newer version cause the model previewer to crash in the older version.

Photos

Smash Journeyman
*reads intro* :D

I'm so happy brawlbox editing has continued, especially with this kind of advancement. This is like Mr. Stay Puft coming back to destroy the world, except positive. but yeah... wow.

BlackJax96

Smash Apprentice
I'm sorry if this has been noticed already, but I was porting some animations, and when I saved, they just corrupted themselves (I was saving on model previewer).

With corrupted I mean they now dont have any Icon and won't show any error messages or Information on clicking, and Previewer won't read them as animations either. Strange, huh.

EDIT: Seems like version 5 on some animations won't work, for everyone who didn't know how to 'fix' this, just open the animation with BrawlBox (not preview) and on the information in the right (only the first time, when you have just got it), downgrade the version (should be 5) to 4, then it should work fine.
Thanks for reporting this, I just found and fixed the problem. I'll include the update in Modset 2.

This version of BrawlBox is making all my stage animations not loop :( In particular, it sets Unknown2 to 0 and doesn't let me edit it or even show it.

EDIT: It also makes it so the stages I edit with the newer version cause the model previewer to crash in the older version.
I didn't know that unknown2 actually had a use. What does it do? (so I can name it)
I made it so that all the unknowns are editable again, except now unk2 and unk3 aren't read as a four byte values, they're split into two byte values (unk2, unk3, unk4, unk5).

Could you post the model previewer error here too?

Photos

Smash Journeyman
Something interesting ahhpened when I was using this brawlbox. I pulled up a preview of an import, and the bone tree was gone except for the first bone. I pulled up a character that was alreaady in the game and it had all its bones. not sure what the problem is, just thought you might wanna know.

BlackJax96

Smash Apprentice
Something interesting ahhpened when I was using this brawlbox. I pulled up a preview of an import, and the bone tree was gone except for the first bone. I pulled up a character that was alreaady in the game and it had all its bones. not sure what the problem is, just thought you might wanna know.
You added bones with Fortwaffles' bone adder. That doesn't add bones correctly and Brawlbox doesn't read them. Modset 2 will let you add bones correctly (since it will rebuild the MDL0's structure).

Does that also apply to CLR0 (Color Sequence) files too?

EDIT: And VIS0 (Bone Visibility) too also?
Not atm. I could add it pretty easily, I just need to know if any of the unks do anything.

Skyground95

Smash Cadet
Not atm. I could add it pretty easily, I just need to know if any of the unks do anything.
After looking through some brawl files it seems like Unknown2 = Loop
for both CLR0 and VIS0 (viewed with Bero's Modset 4.2).

For the other Unknowns, I have no idea :/

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
edt: Figured out Dantarion isn't working on smash hacks anymore. When there's another wizard who starts working on the clone engine, let me know.

shanus

Smash Hero
small request -can we get a button or hotkey to unkey/key an entire bone during a frame

Skyground95

Smash Cadet
He means button shortcut (hotkey) to make a frame a keyframe for that specific bone and vice-versa.

BlackJax96

Smash Apprentice
He means button shortcut (hotkey) to make a frame a keyframe for that specific bone and vice-versa.
I know what he means, but I don't get exactly what he wants it to do. He wants it to make every value on that frame for that bone, a keyframe? Is that it?

Edit: Updated the OP with things that are in Modset 2.

shanus

Smash Hero
I know what he means, but I don't get exactly what he wants it to do. He wants it to make every value on that frame for that bone, a keyframe? Is that it?
Yeah pretty much. For example, say I have an animation and I want to unkey a bone from a frame. Unless I'm just an idiot, the only way I know of is to delete the value from each of the fields, which can be fairly tedious if you have to do it a lot. A quick access key/unkey all for a given bone would be solid

BlackJax96

Smash Apprentice
Yeah pretty much. For example, say I have an animation and I want to unkey a bone from a frame. Unless I'm just an idiot, the only way I know of is to delete the value from each of the fields, which can be fairly tedious if you have to do it a lot. A quick access key/unkey all for a given bone would be solid
Alright, I can add that.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
You're awesome, BlackJax. :) Little features like that end up saving hours of tedium for me.

shanus

Smash Hero
blackjax is beast:

Also, do you know anything about REFT editing. For example, if I wanted to edit the FS aura to always be hues of blue?

BlackJax96

Smash Apprentice
blackjax is beast:

Also, do you know anything about REFT editing. For example, if I wanted to edit the FS aura to always be hues of blue?
Eh, anything Kryal never started adding support for, I don't really know much about :/ Tcll's been wanting me to add support, but I would need to set up structs to read the data, then wrappers, nodes and all that. Kryal never started adding support for REFT... He did start REFF though, but only a little bit.

NoAh MenQui

Smash Apprentice
How will the model rebuilder work on existing brawl characters/assist trophies?

**Great job with this mod!!!**

Edit:

Can I for example, add a cape with bones and all to bowser, or Detach a bone from he's body for example?

Thanks for all this work you have done, you have accomplished so much and will make hundred to thousands of brawl players get tons of hype.

BlackJax96

Smash Apprentice
How will the model rebuilder work on existing brawl characters/assist trophies?

**Great job with this mod!!!**

Edit:

Can I for example, add a cape with bones and all to bowser, or Detach a bone from he's body for example?

Thanks for all this work you have done, you have accomplished so much and will make hundred to thousands of brawl players get tons of hype.
Well you shouldn't ever remove bones that have geometry rigged them using Brawlbox, or bad things will happen lol. The main point of editing the bone tree is to add required bones to imports, like TransN, XRotN, etc.

When we can convert models to MDL0, you can edit the model in 3ds Max and then convert it back to MDL0 with your edits.

For now, the model rebuilder only rebuilds the MDL0 structure, not the groups inside (it does rebuild the def, bone and texture groups though). The only two groups left to build are the objects and shaders (there's a lot of bit flags in them). Once those are completely done, converting DAE to MDL0 should be easy.

Toomai

Smash Ace
This may be a lame question, but what language is BrawlBox coded in? I'd like to get started on writing code relating to hitbox viewing, since it doesn't look like anyone's done that yet. Can't promise anything though.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
This may be a lame question, but what language is BrawlBox coded in? I'd like to get started on writing code relating to hitbox viewing, since it doesn't look like anyone's done that yet. Can't promise anything though.
I would love you with the passions of a thousand suns.

So would all of PMBR.

shanus

Smash Hero
hitbox viewing would be the best thing to happen to BBOX of all time :D

BlackJax96

Smash Apprentice
I actually have that planned (in the OP under "Not Started Yet"), but don't let that stop you. The more people adding features to Brawlbox, the better! :D

hitbox viewing would be the best thing to happen to BBOX of all time :D
More than importing completely new models? :O

shanus

Smash Hero
I actually have that planned (in the OP under "Not Started Yet"), but don't let that stop you. The more people adding features to Brawlbox, the better! :D

More than importing completely new models? :O
different uses for different people, but for me, most definitely haha

Toomai

Smash Ace
Where do I get the BrawlBox source code, and how do I compile it?

Might be the wrong topic to ask but there's quite a few of them.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
Where do I get the BrawlBox source code, and how do I compile it?

Might be the wrong topic to ask but there's quite a few of them.
According to the OP, the source code isn't uploading to Google Code properly, though that was over two weeks ago. As a beginner/intermediate coder I'd love to see how this thing works as well.

:phone:

BlackJax96

Smash Apprentice
According to the OP, the source code isn't uploading to Google Code properly, though that was over two weeks ago. As a beginner/intermediate coder I'd love to see how this thing works as well.
I put that back when I released Modset 1 and by now I've made a lot of changes, so if I were to upload the source it would be like releasing the new Brawlbox, which isn't ready yet.

You'll have to wait until I release v0.64d (I recently took up being the lead programmer of Brawlbox because, well, Kryal's gone... I couldn't really contact him to ask).

If I still can't upload it to Google Code, I'll just put a download link for the source.

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
Don't know if anyone asked for this, but could you perhaps list the Bone ID of the bone i'm selecting or in the list on the right? I'm talking about the Bone ID that PSA uses to identify the bones its attaching hitboxes to. I hate having to exit the model viewer. It'd be really useful for checking what bone we want to attach hitboxes to.

BlackJax96

Smash Apprentice
Don't know if anyone asked for this, but could you perhaps list the Bone ID of the bone i'm selecting or in the list on the right? I'm talking about the Bone ID that PSA uses to identify the bones its attaching hitboxes to. I hate having to exit the model viewer. It'd be really useful for checking what bone we want to attach hitboxes to.
I already added that. Right click a bone in the model previewer while using Modset 1.

Top Bottom