• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GDX & Next Level Lan Present: K.U.B. Weekly Smashfests, next on: 11/04/11

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
-= GDX and Next Level Lan Presents =-​

Kid, UR Bad Brawl Weeklys
(aka KUB)

Location & Time:

The smashfests will be from 8 - Midnight every Friday, barring special circumstances. I will arrive at 8:30

The actual venue itself is open until 4-5am, but the official smashfest will be done by midnight-1am. After that you are free to pay for hours to play in the console room or on the PCs.

Next Level Lan
University Corporate Center
6947 Univeristy Blvd.
Winter Park, FL 32792
407-923-5883

NLL is in the middle of the chain of businesses with the big "X" on the banner of the store. Just check where a bunch of cars are. Parking allowed in rear (lol).

Coming off 417 (toll road):

Get off at the exit for the University of Central Florida, University Blvd.
Go straight down university heading for Full Sail. NLL is in the plaza on the right side of the street at the intersection of University Blvd and Forsyth Trail.

Coming off 408 (toll road):

Get off at the exit for the University of Central Florida - You stay on 408 till it literally turns into Challenger Parkway. Stay on Challenger Parkway until you reach the intersection of Challenger and Alafaya Tr.

Hang a right on Alafaya Tr.

Contiune on Alafaya Tr. until you reach the intersection of University and Alafaya. Turn left here and go down University until you reach the same area described in the 408 directions.

See Next Level LAN website at www.NextLevelLAN.com

Food:

Snacks and Food Available for Purchase at Next Level LAN (stock permitting)

- Pepsi Products (Dr. Pepper, Mountain Dew, Pepsi, Teas, Juices, and more)
- Monster
- Vitamin Water
- Starbucks Frapachinos
- Chips (Lays Products)
- Candy (Lots of different Candy Bars, Airheads, etc etc)
- Moon pies, brownies, Etc.
- THERE IS A DRINKING FOUNTAIN.

Also located near our Plaza is:

Burger King
Pollo Tropical
Dunkin Doughnuts
Perkins
Taco Bell
McDonald's
Orlando Alehouse
Chinese food
Steak n Shake
...and more

Yes, you are allowed to bring outside food and drink into the store. Just dispose of it!

Cost:

There is no cost at all for the smashfest itself, and no door fee, to come and play friendlies. If there is interest, we will start a standard double-elimination tourney at 9pm on that Friday:
-At least 8 people have to enter in order to hold the tourney
-The cost of the tourney will be between $1-5 max depending on votes
-Payouts will most likely be similar to the previous K.U.B. tourneys if there are 12 or more entrants for the tourneys. Otherwise top 3 payout:

Singles Payouts: 40/25/15/10/5/5

Doubles Payouts: 50/25/15/10

If you would like to play on the PCs within the computer portion of NLL, you will still have to pay for hours.

Rules:

Refer to the unity ruleset, except some weeks I will experiment with Meta Knight being banned.

setups:

There is space for plenty of setups. I can provide a setup for both brawl and one for AE/MvC3. The venue comes with additional LCD tvs for setups for brawl if you bring component cables, or other fighters.

Please bring setups for more friendlies. I want only 1 dubs TV and 2-3 singles TVs. 4 TVs total is all we'll need for any tourneys as well.

Any questions/comments/concerns feel free to post in here or AIM me. If you get lost you can give me a call at 863-934-2355

Also join the facebook event as well: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=105012526263094
and join the CFL Smashers facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/192371940793107

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Reserved for announcements

Announcement: KUB will be postponed the next two weeks (10/14 and 10/21) and will resume on 10/28.

In the meantime are there any other dates you guys feel would garner higher attendance than Friday night? If you have any other date ideas please let me know for possible changes for post-October KUB

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
get hyped brochachos

and bring everyone you knows

so we can play smash bros

letz goes!

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Also, I won't actually be at the venue until 8:30, so from 7-8:30 you guys will have to just behave yourselves. Its in the back console room. If someone will be there during that time let me know and I'll buy you an hour of PC time or something for keeping things under control until I get there

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Idk what the falls gonna look like but if i can be there for the first hour i'll try to keep things chill

SAX

Smash Ace
Too bad I'll be In Jax haha. Oh well

And when does this weekly thing start again?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Only reason it didn't already start is cause PNT has a weekly thing for the summer.

Bring setups of course. I can only supply 1 brawl setup

:phone:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Ian the man lol

Again guys this is until 1am...then applebees is only down the street. We can chip in and pay for more hours to play past 1am even if you guys are

At the 8/20 nll ill take a close look at the room just to see the true size

Also even though its free please show your support by buying drinks/snacks/pc time from NLL while you're there

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
There's only one thing I can say.

Word up to yo ESAM. :gump:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
not too far away guys. get hyped!

if you want to bring an xbox setup for a SRK game (I'll already have an AE setup, but for exclusive marvel/3SO) bring your xbox along with an hdmi/component cable. we can use the flatscreens in the back since we'll just use all CRTs for the brawl

I want to limit it to 1 teams TV, and the rest singles, as far as setups go. that way all the teams that DO want to practice, get to play each other

also, of course, bring setups. I can only really provide 1 AE and 1 brawl so step it up guys :laugh:

HYPE

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I checked the FlatScreens, they do not have component ports. HDMI only.

I don't have an HDMI cable.
ah, good to know

I can order some online for other peoples xbox. they cost like a dollar or two online

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
GDX even though I'm not going to these I appreciate what you're doing for the community and wish you luck.

Everyone practice & improve without me. I have my own method.

Top Bottom